Pizza Hut
6,009 reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Fast paced work enviornment
District Manager (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioMay 14, 2015
Learnt how to manage a wide range of customers and employees. Best part of the job was meeting new people day in and day out.
fun
Cook (Former Employee), Stayner, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: extra hours often
Cons: fast pase
it is a really communicative place, and happy. management was understanding and hardworking. fun place to be. my favorite part was doing things good and fast, getting things right.
Productive and fun
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Selkirk, MBMay 8, 2015
I have developed hard labor skills in order to accomplish tasks throughout the day. It was also alot of fun hanging out with the birds and the co-workers, which added to the good experiences I had
Not an overly enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Discount on meals, a dynamic workplace.
Cons: Poor building maintenance and management.
The company itself is not the problem. It was mainly the management and ownership that was the problem. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the work was fun and even at times challenging, in a good way. The problem I had working here was the building was in a state of major disrepair and the owner took no interest in investing in the building or their employees.
Good place to work enjoy people I work with and working with the public
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Morrisburg, ONApril 30, 2015
I interact with the public on a daily basis. Get to know people by their first names not just their food orders. I have learned a different computer system once again and picked up on it very quickly.
fast passed environment with great people
production worker (Former Employee), Leduc, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and friendly Coworkers
Cons: long shifts and short staff
On a normal day I'd come in at around 4 or 5 and make sure the make table was well stocked and if I needed to grab anything or prep it for later such as cutting more vegetables. Throughout the shift I would either make orders as they came or cut pizzas and package them depending on if they were for dine-in or if they were leaving the store. I would also do dishes through out if time permitted. By the end of the shift all dishes needed to be cleaned and put away, all surfaces wiped, expired products disposed of, filter the oil in the deep fryer and scrub it, and we would sweep and mop the floors.

This job really reinforced time management throughout the shift as the chores really added up to a large amount of time if left to the end of the shift. We also really had to pay attention to expiration dates as many products expire rather quickly such as dough.

Management and co-workers were great, we all got along for the most part and everybody did their part in making sure the restaurant ran smoothly.

I believe that the hardest part of the job was making sure to communicate what stage we were at with producing different orders when many people were working at once because sometimes when two or more people were working on one large order, certain items could have been made twice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment because while everybody was a hard worker, we still had a bit of fun while business was slow.
I loved dealing with customers
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: excellent quality product comes out of Pizza Hut
Cons: desperately need to pay employees what they are worth
dealing with customers is my passion always has been always will be.
Salaried managers are kind but not found in-store often enough
Pizza hut Summary
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Tiring and long hours
I would arrive to work at 4pm and clock-in manually on the computer system. There would always be something to do the moment you got to work. Generally, the phone would be ringing and it would be time to answer the telephone. I love working with people and am very friendly, so this gave me a wonderful chance to meet new people while working at the cash register. As well, being on the phone allowed me to have some wonderful conversations.
My shift would be from 4pm - 11pm, Friday and Saturday nights. Then on Sundays 4-10pm.
Many skills learned
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, discounts at KFC and Taco Bell
Cons: Distance from home and work
Pizza Hut is my very first job. I started in September 2014 and quickly became the assistant manager due to my good work. In the midst of this, I also received my Food Handler's certificate. I was rated the most valuable employee as well as the employee who received the most customer surveys (which is needed every period). I learned how to deal with unsatisfied customers and how to resolve the issue quick and reasonably so that the customer is always happy in the end. I deposit the cash into the bank when I have opening shifts and count all the cash during closing shifts. I am in charge of the employees for that given shift. My coworkers and I have a strong, professional relationship and we all get along. There is nothing that I would consider "hard" about my job because everything is pretty straight forward. But the thing that I am the most cautious about is ensuring all the information I am sending to the head offices daily is correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy with the service and food they receive.
interesting atmosphere
cook (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKApril 2, 2015
i don't really feel like explaining because it was stressful and difficult to enjoy working in that type of environment.
they did teach me how to not get overly stressed in certain situations.
Fun but professional workplace enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Warman, SKApril 1, 2015
Management at Pizza Hut was fairly well structured, although not all of the managers were trained as well as they should have been. I often found myself figuring out concepts on my own and successfully applying them.
Starting job, great to learn the service industry
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: excellent, flexible hours
Cons: not challenging
Pizza Hut was a great starting job and helped me learn to deal with customers and work under time deadlines. I got to develop my team work skills and also following orders and getting the job done right the first time. I stayed there throughout high school and left to pursue my college education.
Over All Good
Busser/Hostess/Server/Dispath (Former Employee), North BayMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Co Workers
Cons: Not long enough hours
I enjoyed working in a team environment and customer service. I got 3 years worth of experience. Its a restaurant setting and was located walking distance from my house so it was convent.
Decent, enjoyable and busy workplace
Full time Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee), edmonton abMarch 25, 2015
At Pizza Hut, we are able to balance work and family together. Mostly weekends are busy and teaches us good time management. The co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job comes when we have to deliver 5 orders or more in an hour. The most enjoyable part includes driving, driving and only driving.
an ok place to work if you don't mind being moved around
Assistant Manager/General Manager (Current Employee), winnipeg mbMarch 20, 2015
Pros: managers were offered free meals on breaks
Cons: required to work 40 hours per week (contract) but often ended up being more
As an Assistant Manager/General Manager, I am responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant, weekly paper work, schedules, managing labor, food cost, budgets, sales projections, meet sales targets, directed my staff on the requirements of their jobs what is expected of them etc.
The hardest part of my job is training staff, and dealing with the stupid stuff that happened when i was not there.
I do enjoy working with the people.
Did not like working here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Dryden, ONMarch 13, 2015
Cons: Not paid well, had to deliver in my own vehicle, hours weren't good
Management was a joke. A lot of innappropriate references between managers. Very inappropriate workplace. 1 or 2 co-workers were actually good to work with but other than that it was garabage
all about the profits, no care for the employees.
Driver, Cook, Cashier (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 5, 2015
Pros: employee discount, here & kfc.
Cons: raises rarely occur, head office treats staff unfairly / poorly
not sure why I'm still here. food is sub-standard, wages are really bad, manager is not a leader, head office is all about the profits, it seems they don't care about customer service at all, they question every little step we take to improve customer service. it's very sad, i have no love at all for pizza hut.
pizza hutt
Staff Supervisor (Current Employee), Warman, SKMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free $15 meal
Cons: long hours shift . i worked 9-10 hrs regularly
pizza hut is good company. i like working with customers so its good place to working. company have good benefit as well. wage increase also good. they review every 3 months and increase salary.
Very bussy place
Food service supervisor (Current Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long shifts
It's a perfect place to start your career, bussy all the time, nice and funny staff and wonderful costumers!! Pizza Hut has indeed the best pizza in the town!
prudictive job
Waiter/General Laborer (Former Employee), Salvador, El SalvadorFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits
working in Pizza Hut was fun you meet a lot of people also you have nice co workers, you have to be all day talking and be multitask
i learned how to talk to people,how be patient , i learned costumer service , also was nice to work work with really nice boss and co workers , the hardest part was some costumers are really rude
the most enjoyable part of this job was the ambient of my work at that time, the management really professional

1 2 3 4 5

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more