Pizza Hut
6,253 reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
awesome to deal with customers
Team member (Current Employee), SurreyJune 21, 2015
Good place to work with different people and learn new things.
Get the opportunity to build confidence.
Still not that big platform to grow.
Great place to work great people
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Courtenay BCJune 19, 2015
A typical day was starting a couple hours before opening and making the dough and prepping the ingredients. Twice a week you would receive food product from Sysco and Rotate (FIFO) the fridge. I would open the safe and cash and run the deposit to the bank and return in time to open the store to the public.
Pizza Hut
Customer Service Cashier / Pizza Maker (Former Employee), mississaugaJune 7, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: no breaks or free food
The management doesnt know how to deal with employees and the hardest part of this job was dealing with the manager and she was unable to work out problems with many employees.
job stability, security and advancement
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABJune 4, 2015
Working in this kind of environment is quite challenging and rewarding. Challenging in the sense that you will be dealing different kinds of people and rewarding because you will meet lots of friends, and you will feel accomplished especially when the customers are delighted and satisfied with your service.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnJune 2, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced workplace
Cons: management after a while was bad
The work team at Pizza Hut was great, we all got along and would even joke around (when appropriate). I was working in all positions, I would prepare/cook the pizzas, cut and box the orders, hand orders to customers, receive calls and take orders as cashier. It was a fast paced environment but was still fun to be in. I was also part of the closing team and would be out the door around midnight. After awhile though, I had to leave the workplace as my grades weren't doing so well. I would sometimes be working right after school, so my sleep schedule would suffer. The only issue I had is that near the end of my time at Pizza Hut we got a new manager and would not treat us with respect, and the store suffered from this. All of our hours would get cut for almost no reason.
Good Place to work in the start of your career
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
Really good place to work with a lifetime experience
Management need to work on wages and career advancement
Work is really hard with a less salary
Free Lunch and meals to manager
Need to improve benefit plan for employees
productive
Server/Shift Manager (Former Employee), winnipeg MantiobaMay 25, 2015
Pros: customers were friendly
Cons: not enough hours
typical day at work was good.
learnt how to work well at a fast paced environment
Management was alright
co-workers were great
hard part was dealing with the manager alone couldnt reason with staff.
enjoyable part was met new friendly customers loved my job until my hours were cut for no reason.
first job, it was alright.
Host (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: short hours
hosting, building boxes, polishing silverware.

nothing

alright, kind've rude. didn't want to pay me

very nice and helpful

nothing
Fun and Fast paced work enviornment
District Manager (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioMay 14, 2015
Learnt how to manage a wide range of customers and employees. Best part of the job was meeting new people day in and day out.
fun
Cook (Former Employee), Stayner, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: extra hours often
Cons: fast pase
it is a really communicative place, and happy. management was understanding and hardworking. fun place to be. my favorite part was doing things good and fast, getting things right.
Productive and fun
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Selkirk, MBMay 8, 2015
I have developed hard labor skills in order to accomplish tasks throughout the day. It was also alot of fun hanging out with the birds and the co-workers, which added to the good experiences I had
Not an overly enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Discount on meals, a dynamic workplace.
Cons: Poor building maintenance and management.
The company itself is not the problem. It was mainly the management and ownership that was the problem. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the work was fun and even at times challenging, in a good way. The problem I had working here was the building was in a state of major disrepair and the owner took no interest in investing in the building or their employees.
Good place to work enjoy people I work with and working with the public
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Morrisburg, ONApril 30, 2015
I interact with the public on a daily basis. Get to know people by their first names not just their food orders. I have learned a different computer system once again and picked up on it very quickly.
fast passed environment with great people
production worker (Former Employee), Leduc, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and friendly Coworkers
Cons: long shifts and short staff
On a normal day I'd come in at around 4 or 5 and make sure the make table was well stocked and if I needed to grab anything or prep it for later such as cutting more vegetables. Throughout the shift I would either make orders as they came or cut pizzas and package them depending on if they were for dine-in or if they were leaving the store. I would also do dishes through out if time permitted. By the end of the shift all dishes needed to be cleaned and put away, all surfaces wiped, expired products disposed of, filter the oil in the deep fryer and scrub it, and we would sweep and mop the floors.

This job really reinforced time management throughout the shift as the chores really added up to a large amount of time if left to the end of the shift. We also really had to pay attention to expiration dates as many products expire rather quickly such as dough.

Management and co-workers were great, we all got along for the most part and everybody did their part in making sure the restaurant ran smoothly.

I believe that the hardest part of the job was making sure to communicate what stage we were at with producing different orders when many people were working at once because sometimes when two or more people were working on one large order, certain items could have been made twice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment because while everybody was a hard worker, we still had a bit of fun while business was slow.
I loved dealing with customers
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: excellent quality product comes out of Pizza Hut
Cons: desperately need to pay employees what they are worth
dealing with customers is my passion always has been always will be.
Salaried managers are kind but not found in-store often enough
Pizza hut Summary
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Tiring and long hours
I would arrive to work at 4pm and clock-in manually on the computer system. There would always be something to do the moment you got to work. Generally, the phone would be ringing and it would be time to answer the telephone. I love working with people and am very friendly, so this gave me a wonderful chance to meet new people while working at the cash register. As well, being on the phone allowed me to have some wonderful conversations.
My shift would be from 4pm - 11pm, Friday and Saturday nights. Then on Sundays 4-10pm.
Many skills learned
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, discounts at KFC and Taco Bell
Cons: Distance from home and work
Pizza Hut is my very first job. I started in September 2014 and quickly became the assistant manager due to my good work. In the midst of this, I also received my Food Handler's certificate. I was rated the most valuable employee as well as the employee who received the most customer surveys (which is needed every period). I learned how to deal with unsatisfied customers and how to resolve the issue quick and reasonably so that the customer is always happy in the end. I deposit the cash into the bank when I have opening shifts and count all the cash during closing shifts. I am in charge of the employees for that given shift. My coworkers and I have a strong, professional relationship and we all get along. There is nothing that I would consider "hard" about my job because everything is pretty straight forward. But the thing that I am the most cautious about is ensuring all the information I am sending to the head offices daily is correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy with the service and food they receive.
interesting atmosphere
cook (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKApril 2, 2015
i don't really feel like explaining because it was stressful and difficult to enjoy working in that type of environment.
they did teach me how to not get overly stressed in certain situations.
Fun but professional workplace enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Warman, SKApril 1, 2015
Management at Pizza Hut was fairly well structured, although not all of the managers were trained as well as they should have been. I often found myself figuring out concepts on my own and successfully applying them.
Starting job, great to learn the service industry
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: excellent, flexible hours
Cons: not challenging
Pizza Hut was a great starting job and helped me learn to deal with customers and work under time deadlines. I got to develop my team work skills and also following orders and getting the job done right the first time. I stayed there throughout high school and left to pursue my college education.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more