Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad work place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJuly 19, 2016
Good place only if you wanna earn just money and don't care about the workplace. Locations not renovated when required. Very dirty environment. Rude management. Not paid overtime or statutory pays.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No benefits
Busy work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONJuly 7, 2016
an okay place to work
long hours with minimal breaks
great management team
easy job tasks
great employees
minimal job security
productive workplace, good working environment.
Pizza Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 5, 2016
working for pizza hut is a nice experience. the work keeps me busy and my co-workers and i get along and work together very well.
goof job for highschool students
cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
shifts are usually 5-6 hours long
the manager i worked with always thought business first
CSRs couldnt call in sick because we were understaffed for the front and she wouldnt hire anyone else
Pros
not long shifts
Cons
not many shifts a week
Dine in Pizza place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 30, 2016
The store was very structured but still allows for a friendly environment. Unlimited amount of growth options you can try for from the start. All the manuals to advance are readily available.
Pros
self growth, social enviroment, programs to control mistakes
Cons
employee turnover is high because there is young kids
Great place
Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2016
Management was very understanding and helpful. Co-workers were amazing. The only issue I had was when they let me go because they never really told me why
Good job; terrible training
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 26, 2016
Was never trained properly so when something was done incorrectly, I'm always to blame. Good place to work due to the employees but they have to do something about their training. As well as they need to find a way to properly pay their employees (E.g., must clock out at the end of shift on time even when you have a table still eating (if you're server) or must stay after shift to finish paperwork).
good work experience
o Working as Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 24, 2016
management is quite co-operative and love to be a part of the team.
hardest part pf the job is getting late in rush hours.
enjoy with the co-workers
Pros
good bonus
Cons
fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
Productive and fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 22, 2016
Every shift I usually start by completing my cleaning list while taking orders and answering phone calls. I always make sure when customers walk in or call the store I drop everything I am doing to assist the customers first since they are our prioirity.

The whole goal of the job is customer satisfaction and making it an enjoyable work place for staff as well. The hardest part of the job would definitely be satisfying the unhappy customers. Maintaining a strong and reasonable attitude with some can be a challenge, but challenges have made me grow in a lot of ways with this company.

I can say I have learned a lot from this job since there is constant changes and new customers every day.
Pros
The RGM is very reasonable and kind.
Cons
Not the best hours.
Friendly and Procductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
A typical day included a lot of interaction with customers and CSR duties. The atmosphere was friendly and made it more enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch and long breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
family orientated workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 14, 2016
this job is a great place to work!
everyone from my staff to my customers i feel the need to strive for them everyday!
we are a big family!
Pros
long time friendships
Cons
slow days
a horrid job
Cook/Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 13, 2016
pizza hut is a great job but when I worked there the management was horrible and very disorganized I wouldn't really suggest it
Good Experiance
SHIFT MANAGER AND PRODUCTION (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 11, 2016
i get to known so many thing from there. on the top i learnt communication skills with customers and the importance of teamwork
Fun place to work at
shift manger (Former Employee) –  Deer Run, ABJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work would include going to the bank in the morning before opening hours. Doing preparation for evening staff. Helping customers with there orders and making said order. Helped Schools with planing orders in advance and making sure they would get there on time. Doing the stores food orders (Sysco) and Drink orders (Pepsi co). Did this all alone in the morning till 5pm when other staff would show up.

What I Learned
How to manage inventory for the store.
How to multitask with customers and making there order
How to plan events with schools/business

Management was ok it had ups and downs.
the ups
-Teaching was great
-Helpful/friendly and Supportive

the downs
-Payslips always had to ask (auto deposit)
-Promotions on for different types of pizzas where sometimes unclear or the price was different on the system and signs

Coworkers where more like friends they made you feel like you belonged and sometimes inspired to work with.

Hardest part of the job for me was when customers that would yell and scream at me when there order was taken by the call center or online and placed at the wrong store or not placed at all and your trying to make up to them and it's never good enough it really puts you down for most if not all of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me was when a school teacher
came into the store to give me a letter with a bunch of thank you
and happy birthdays on it. I had the biggest smile for the day.

The only reason I lost this job was because I moved and they could not transfer me. That's it for my review
Pros
free meal a day/experience that will help you with other jobs
Cons
quiet/slow days
Productive work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
I have assigned in the kitchen and also as a receptionist. I worked in night shifts and also have some good co workers. for me the hardest part of the job was baking pizza and lifting some heavy utensils of the kitchen.
Cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2016
Simple, nothing too hard, small environment with little staff. Hard to get shifts covered. I am a cook so i work at the back, some cleaning is required but nothing too much.
Really enjoyable place to work.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
The people that I work with are very outgoing and fun to be around while also knowing that work needs to be done. I am never overwhelmed because the layout of the restaurant allows me to move around quickly and se all my tables very easily. Being trained to work there was very quick and easy. The hardest part of the job is learning how to quickly place orders into the computer; the memorization will come with time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to express my personality through talking to customers.
Pros
Very helpful/friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Family Style Enviornment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 30, 2016
Pizza Hut doesn't give many raises or promotions but the people i had the pleasure of working with made made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
close friendly team
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Flexible schedules and great employees, but no room for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2016
The high ranked members and owners of the FMI Franchise of Pizza Huts do not provide a very welcoming work environment. They do not care about their workers. The management in-store is always wonderful however.

2.9