Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
Productive and fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 22, 2016
Every shift I usually start by completing my cleaning list while taking orders and answering phone calls. I always make sure when customers walk in or call the store I drop everything I am doing to assist the customers first since they are our prioirity.

The whole goal of the job is customer satisfaction and making it an enjoyable work place for staff as well. The hardest part of the job would definitely be satisfying the unhappy customers. Maintaining a strong and reasonable attitude with some can be a challenge, but challenges have made me grow in a lot of ways with this company.

I can say I have learned a lot from this job since there is constant changes and new customers every day.
Pros
The RGM is very reasonable and kind.
Cons
Not the best hours.
Friendly and Procductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
A typical day included a lot of interaction with customers and CSR duties. The atmosphere was friendly and made it more enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch and long breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
family orientated workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 14, 2016
this job is a great place to work!
everyone from my staff to my customers i feel the need to strive for them everyday!
we are a big family!
Pros
long time friendships
Cons
slow days
a horrid job
Cook/Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 13, 2016
pizza hut is a great job but when I worked there the management was horrible and very disorganized I wouldn't really suggest it
Good Experiance
SHIFT MANAGER AND PRODUCTION (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 11, 2016
i get to known so many thing from there. on the top i learnt communication skills with customers and the importance of teamwork
Fun place to work at
shift manger (Former Employee) –  Deer Run, ABJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work would include going to the bank in the morning before opening hours. Doing preparation for evening staff. Helping customers with there orders and making said order. Helped Schools with planing orders in advance and making sure they would get there on time. Doing the stores food orders (Sysco) and Drink orders (Pepsi co). Did this all alone in the morning till 5pm when other staff would show up.

What I Learned
How to manage inventory for the store.
How to multitask with customers and making there order
How to plan events with schools/business

Management was ok it had ups and downs.
the ups
-Teaching was great
-Helpful/friendly and Supportive

the downs
-Payslips always had to ask (auto deposit)
-Promotions on for different types of pizzas where sometimes unclear or the price was different on the system and signs

Coworkers where more like friends they made you feel like you belonged and sometimes inspired to work with.

Hardest part of the job for me was when customers that would yell and scream at me when there order was taken by the call center or online and placed at the wrong store or not placed at all and your trying to make up to them and it's never good enough it really puts you down for most if not all of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me was when a school teacher
came into the store to give me a letter with a bunch of thank you
and happy birthdays on it. I had the biggest smile for the day.

The only reason I lost this job was because I moved and they could not transfer me. That's it for my review
Pros
free meal a day/experience that will help you with other jobs
Cons
quiet/slow days
Productive work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
I have assigned in the kitchen and also as a receptionist. I worked in night shifts and also have some good co workers. for me the hardest part of the job was baking pizza and lifting some heavy utensils of the kitchen.
Cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2016
Simple, nothing too hard, small environment with little staff. Hard to get shifts covered. I am a cook so i work at the back, some cleaning is required but nothing too much.
Really enjoyable place to work.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
The people that I work with are very outgoing and fun to be around while also knowing that work needs to be done. I am never overwhelmed because the layout of the restaurant allows me to move around quickly and se all my tables very easily. Being trained to work there was very quick and easy. The hardest part of the job is learning how to quickly place orders into the computer; the memorization will come with time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to express my personality through talking to customers.
Pros
Very helpful/friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Family Style Enviornment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 30, 2016
Pizza Hut doesn't give many raises or promotions but the people i had the pleasure of working with made made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
close friendly team
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Flexible schedules and great employees, but no room for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2016
The high ranked members and owners of the FMI Franchise of Pizza Huts do not provide a very welcoming work environment. They do not care about their workers. The management in-store is always wonderful however.
Awesome Job with Freedom.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MBMay 12, 2016
Pizza Hut is a great company to work for. Comfortable environment and friendly staff. Management facilitates a team orientated vibe. Time management is essential, ensuring planed routes be within costumer expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the reactions from satisfied costumers.
Pros
tips, warm atmosphere, Co workers, Independency
Cons
fast paced, late nights
Developing skills and gaining experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2016
This food industry is really amazing. Everyday meeting new people, learning new things and developing skills for our future life. All the managers and co- workers are very good and supportive.
place needs a lot of improvement
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 3, 2016
Place needs a lot of improvement, better management, and a better work environment. place used to be very enjoyable, but management has changed, and employees are not appreciated for the work they contribute.
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 3, 2016
Very nice workplace to work at, but the payment is not that great, however the management is nice and fast and predictable.
Would only work as a summer/part-time job. Some tasks requires lots of intensity and due to lots of customers. Very fun job in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many pizzas
Hard work pays off
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
I went into this job expecting to just be a pizza cook.
when management recognized my organizational skills my job was escalated to shift manager.
Pros
Able to utilize my skills
Cons
made a tough choice to move back home to my family
Great place to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCMay 1, 2016
It was my pleasure to work for them. Store in BC, Vernon, followed all the rules and regulation that protect delivery drivers. Other pizza companies bed rules
productive and fast enviroment
Trainee / Delivery (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2016
- some days are very slow , others are more busy.
- I learned how to be a trust worthy reliable team worker.
- no complaints about management.
- my co-workers were always respectful to myself as I was to them.
- not much to complain about in this job.
- being able to practice verbal / conversational skills with customers at door, and learning how to navigate through the city.
Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours