Pizza Delight Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL27 July 2017
Great place to work. A typical day at work, was making pizza/donairs, cleaning dishes, chopping veggies for salad bar. The management is awesome, but the most part of the job i like was making new friends
little reward
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 July 2017
Love the staff and the job itself isn't so bad but the owner has very little respect for her staff. There is no management at all and she is hardly ever there.
Fast Pace kitchen job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL4 July 2017
Typical day at work: Prepare food for the customers, clean up the kitchen, help the dishwashers if they need it, and close up the kitchen for the night.
What I learned: How to manage my time, how to work as a team, how to work the best on my own, and how to clean properly for a restaurant setting.
Pros
All the people were great to wok with
training
SUPERVISOR/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 June 2017
we would hire new servers and I would be in charge of training them. 'Sometimes they caught on quick,,,but then others needed more time, and then some people just did not get it. Serving others is not for everyone.
Best spot in Grand Bay to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Grand Bay, NB13 June 2017
Required to make restaurant and take out orders of food on the menu. Keep work space clean and safe. Job ended due to lack of hours. It was a great first job, I leaned alot and worked with great people.
Pros
great people, discount on food
Cons
long hours standing
It was pretty great spot to work.
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 May 2017
Typical day at work would be very boring at first, because no one comes to eat around four. But as the day goes on it got really busy and that is the hardest part cleaning dishes and cooking.
kitchen duties
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 May 2017
I can honestly say i'll never work in a kitchen again. However, minus all of the stressing and yelling, it was a great bunch at pizza delight. the supper rush was chaos that I've never since experienced. but at the end of the day, everyone kind of exhales at the same time and celebrates the madness we made it through.
Fun place to work, professional work area
server (Former Employee) –  Grand Bend, ON20 April 2017
Always something to be done, great family like staff. Busy summers be prepared to work fast pace. Enjoyable part of the job would be creating a happy place to work, truly like a second family once you're there long enough.
Pros
reasonable work hours
Cons
Fast pace
it is what you make it
Waitress/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, ON18 April 2017
Great part time position for a high school student and lots of room to learn, this is a good mixed environment to learn good customer service skills and building rapport with different clientele.
my job at Pizza Delight
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick7 April 2017
I really enjoyed working at Pizza Delight, it was a learning experience as my first job. I was trained how to operate a cash register, work as a team, be more independent, operate the dishwasher, food prep/order prep and more. I personally found that the hardest part of the job was the rush hour and being called for unexpected shifts during snow storms. Oh the bright side, the best part of the job was building friendships with co-workers and the discounts.
Pros
discounts
Cons
last minute/unexpected shifts

Want to know more about Pizza Delight?

Ask a question
Loved Pizza Delight
​Server, Hostess and Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 March 2017
Great workplace , Always Loved it , family environment and positive for the kids. Recommend to evreyone in Fredericton to try it atleast once. Waitressing there was my highlight
being a cook at pizza delight
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 January 2017
it was a good job and i worked at the same local twice making pizza and other menu items also washing dishes as needed everyone took turns on that management changed a few times and kept getting worse also i had to work with my brother and that didn't work out
Horrible place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2017
No recognition for anything, no job security, no job work/life balance, management is a joke, hours were crazy because we were constantly under-staffed and mostly one person does all the work half the time. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
everything
A Learning Experience
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB4 January 2017
I very much enjoyed my customers. I loved seeing my regulars every week, and did my best to make sure they got the most out of there experience every time. I learned quite a bit about serving tables and how to manage things.
Pros
Good discounts on meals
Cons
Very Unorganized
productive and high speed
Take Out (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL29 November 2016
it was a good job in total, but was not the right one for me. I really enjoyed being able to interact with customers. I learned to be patient and to work fast taking orders. The hardest part of the job was staying till 12 am.
Pros
Cons
salary
Late Nights,Understaffed
Cook/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 November 2016
Anyone who as worked in kitchens knows that it is a stressful environment, Pizza Delight is no exception.

Being a late night restaurant you can be scheduled to work anywhere form 9am-5pm. Or 8pm-4am.

In general the rule is that for every 1 cook, there are 3 servers.

So if each server has 3-5 tables/guest. The 1 cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all meals and orders.

You may feel overwhelmed and under prepared as prep for the day isn't always completed for the night shift, and large amounts of guests could come in at any moments notice.
Pros
50% Discount on food, Tips, Room for growth.
Cons
Longs Hours, Inconsistent Hours, lack of preparation
Started off okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON6 October 2016
I enjoyed my first month and a half working there but they stopped giving me shift and then i went away for 3 weeks and contacted my manager multiple times asking about the schedule and never received an answer. I haven't had a shift there in 3 months but i am still on the schedule without shifts. I haven't quit or been fired yet. I am the only one that has had this problem and i would not recommend working there. 0/10. Disappointed.
Productive and fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ON5 October 2016
Very good place to work. Filled with fun and outgoing people, also goood management. They have good length shift (5 hours) but I only get 2 a week. Overall pizza delight is great
Pros
Good length shift
Cons
Not many shifts
enjoy it
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB3 August 2016
I enjoy working at pizza delight....co-workers are great.....I have learned everything from how to cook a chicken to making a pizza
Family friendly restaurant who cares about their staff!
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON29 June 2016
I would set up the buffet daily, greet and serve the customers food and beverages, do dishes, did dough shifts making fresh pizza dough daily, did kitchen shifts preparing the food. Cleaning at the end of the night, counting tills and balancing the cash/debit/credit transactions. It really was one of favourite places to work!!!
Pros
Worked with friends and made a lot of money!!!!
Cons
No room for growth in company