Pizza Delight Employee Reviews

productive and high speed
Take Out (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL29 November 2016
it was a good job in total, but was not the right one for me. I really enjoyed being able to interact with customers. I learned to be patient and to work fast taking orders. The hardest part of the job was staying till 12 am.
Pros
Cons
salary
Horrible place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2017
No recognition for anything, no job security, no job work/life balance, management is a joke, hours were crazy because we were constantly under-staffed and mostly one person does all the work half the time. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
everything
Late Nights,Understaffed
Cook/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 November 2016
Anyone who as worked in kitchens knows that it is a stressful environment, Pizza Delight is no exception.

Being a late night restaurant you can be scheduled to work anywhere form 9am-5pm. Or 8pm-4am.

In general the rule is that for every 1 cook, there are 3 servers.

So if each server has 3-5 tables/guest. The 1 cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all meals and orders.

You may feel overwhelmed and under prepared as prep for the day isn't always completed for the night shift, and large amounts of guests could come in at any moments notice.
Pros
50% Discount on food, Tips, Room for growth.
Cons
Longs Hours, Inconsistent Hours, lack of preparation
Started off okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON6 October 2016
I enjoyed my first month and a half working there but they stopped giving me shift and then i went away for 3 weeks and contacted my manager multiple times asking about the schedule and never received an answer. I haven't had a shift there in 3 months but i am still on the schedule without shifts. I haven't quit or been fired yet. I am the only one that has had this problem and i would not recommend working there. 0/10. Disappointed.
A Learning Experience
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB4 January 2017
I very much enjoyed my customers. I loved seeing my regulars every week, and did my best to make sure they got the most out of there experience every time. I learned quite a bit about serving tables and how to manage things.
Pros
Good discounts on meals
Cons
Very Unorganized
Loved Pizza Delight
​Server, Hostess and Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 March 2017
Great workplace , Always Loved it , family environment and positive for the kids. Recommend to evreyone in Fredericton to try it atleast once. Waitressing there was my highlight
Productive and fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ON5 October 2016
Very good place to work. Filled with fun and outgoing people, also goood management. They have good length shift (5 hours) but I only get 2 a week. Overall pizza delight is great
Pros
Good length shift
Cons
Not many shifts
Fast Paced environment
PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 May 2016
A typical day at work included receiving orders, delivering pizzas, collecting monies, and balancing the account at the end of the day. I learned how to navigate the city of Corner Brook and improved my driving skills. Management were kind and supportive. It was an independent environment but my co-workers were friendly when I saw them. The hardest part of the job was delivering the pizzas in an efficient manner so that the customers were delivered the product when it was warm and fresh. Sometimes there were so many deliveries that this was difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be fairly independent. Also I enjoyed driving and learning the different avenues, alleyways, and routes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Family friendly restaurant who cares about their staff!
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON29 June 2016
I would set up the buffet daily, greet and serve the customers food and beverages, do dishes, did dough shifts making fresh pizza dough daily, did kitchen shifts preparing the food. Cleaning at the end of the night, counting tills and balancing the cash/debit/credit transactions. It really was one of favourite places to work!!!
Pros
Worked with friends and made a lot of money!!!!
Cons
No room for growth in company
enjoy it
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB3 August 2016
I enjoy working at pizza delight....co-workers are great.....I have learned everything from how to cook a chicken to making a pizza
Terrible Employer
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NS17 November 2013
This job would have been ok, if it were not for the owner. Not only was he dishonest and trying to short you on your pay checks every time you turned around, but he played favourites terribly. I was told that there would be opportunity for advancement but was never given that opportunity.
I found that the management and co-workers did not take the time to properly train me, (I had three 3 hour days to learn the computer system and was expected to be fully trained after that point) and got frustrated when I asked questions.
I was not able to fully showcase my skills, and was continually sent home early. When the owner "let me go" I was not even informed that I was being layed off.
This was one of the worst jobs that I have ever worked, and I hope that others are not put through the same thing I was.
Pros
NONE
Cons
no hours, dishonest employer, caty co-workers, improper training
productive and fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2016
Id show up and the floor staff would be slammed, i'd pick up the slack where it was needed. For example: Take them off the floor, that way they have no more customers to handle while finishing up with their present tables. After they've finished, Id give 1 task to everyone that was leaving, like a bathroom check or run some cutlery through the dishwasher a few times, beer run etc. Then send them home after their cashout.
Working there, my direct manager was the most personable person Ive met, and they have been nothing but kind to me.
My co-workers, were real people with real lives outside of work and they all had good heads on their shoulders and if something was wrong they'd all be the first to be there for you..
The hardest part of the job I had, was being new.. I guess it comes with any job but the system took about a good solid week to learn inside out and it frequently changed due to the new management coming in to change prices/promos.
I really enjoyed making peoples nights. Its nice when people can fit you into their budget and make time to come out. I always welcomed them when people came back and was super exited to hear that they asked for me, it made me feel like I was a friend and not just their server.
Pros
Great crew, good hours, felt part of a team, I liked the company I represented.
Cons
I wish they had mozza sticks at the time.
Great place to work, fast paced
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS25 May 2014
In our kitchen at Pizza Delight we are organized, we all work well and verbally communicate with each other to what is going on. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and understand when it is time to buckle down and get the job done and when to take our time.. The hardest part of this job is fitting everything into our 2 ovens when we are busy, and the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that we can handle whatever is thrown our way, and that we can get threw a busy supper or lunch service. The management in my restaurant is understanding, loyal, but knows how to throw down the hammer, when it need to be.
Pros
Paid breaks, discounted lunches
Cons
No advancement, scheduling
Low pay
Delivery Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL3 September 2014
Very low pay for the work I was doing there and long hours, OT without pay.
Cons
enjoyed working with them always exciting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port aux Basques, NL16 November 2015
fun workplace and supportive management. I've learned how to cook and how to use a cash, the most enjoyable thing at work was talking to new costumers and learning about where they are from and there travel.
Enjoyable and productive workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON10 October 2012
A typical day at work is usually even paced. Some days would be busy and some days would not. I learned a lot about waitressing, and how to handle multiple tables at once. Management was okay, sometimes very rude to co-workers and customers. Co-workers were polite and helpful. The hardest part of the job for me was handling multiple tables at once, especially if I was the only waitress working. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of tips I would receive after each shift.
Pros
discount on certain menu items.
Cons
sometimes would only work 2 hours out of a 3 hour shift if it is not busy.
Pizza Delight
Supervisor, Cook, Cashier, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Saint John NB5 June 2013
I enjoyed that it payed the bills but I am looking for higher up jobs and to get experience with trades.
Pros
payed the bills
Cons
Did not enjoy this job at all
Cook (Former Employee) –  NL14 January 2013
Worked very long hours,did not get recongized for any work you did.Co-workers were very hard to get along with and the management only recongized workers that they wanted too.
Pros
n/a
Cons
every aspect of this job
working
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, PE10 January 2016
It could get very busy very fast but mostly the people were great and it wasn't too difficult. The hours worked very well with me and how busy my school life was at the time.
Very great staff, fun to work with.
Kitchen/Cashier/Serving/Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, New Brunswick9 July 2012
My day working at Pizza Delight was great every shift, I did have some hard times at first but I got used to it. I had some difficulties dealing with the Credit department but I finally got the hang of it. I would go into work, clock in get my cash and count it go to my counter make sure the area is clean and tidy and start answering phones and giving customers their orders and taking their cash and receiving their change. Some days I would be scheduled as a cook and would have to prepare all dough and food and start cooking orders. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the hotness in the kitchen but the shift got over and it was fine, also at first dealing with the screen and cash.
Pros
50% off all food.
Cons
4-8 hour shifts throughout monday-sunday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Delight. Our community is ready to answer.