Pizza Delight Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 24, 2016
Id show up and the floor staff would be slammed, i'd pick up the slack where it was needed. For example: Take them off the floor, that way they have no more customers to handle while finishing up with their present tables. After they've finished, Id give 1 task to everyone that was leaving, like a bathroom check or run some cutlery through the dishwasher a few times, beer run etc. Then send them home after their cashout.
Working there, my direct manager was the most personable person Ive met, and they have been nothing but kind to me.
My co-workers, were real people with real lives outside of work and they all had good heads on their shoulders and if something was wrong they'd all be the first to be there for you..
The hardest part of the job I had, was being new.. I guess it comes with any job but the system took about a good solid week to learn inside out and it frequently changed due to the new management coming in to change prices/promos.
I really enjoyed making peoples nights. Its nice when people can fit you into their budget and make time to come out. I always welcomed them when people came back and was super exited to hear that they asked for me, it made me feel like I was a friend and not just their server.
Pros
Great crew, good hours, felt part of a team, I liked the company I represented.
Cons
I wish they had mozza sticks at the time.
working
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, PEJanuary 10, 2016
It could get very busy very fast but mostly the people were great and it wasn't too difficult. The hours worked very well with me and how busy my school life was at the time.
enjoyed the fast pace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBDecember 16, 2015
prepared food , cooked food , managed kitchen staff during busy times and made sure that there were no errors with delivered to the customers
It was amazing working here
Cook & Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 16, 2015
I loved working for Pizza Delight they had a great staff all very kind and friendly got free pizza and i always had help if needed
Pros
free food
enjoyed working with them always exciting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port aux Basques, NLNovember 16, 2015
fun workplace and supportive management. I've learned how to cook and how to use a cash, the most enjoyable thing at work was talking to new costumers and learning about where they are from and there travel.
pizza delight
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 14, 2015
very unorganized and not trained properly. i had to learn pretty much everything on my own. when it was really busy we got a lot of complains because half the time there order wasn't right.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
unorganized
Fun workplace and great co-workers.
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 4, 2014
I enjoy learning new things and have taken my lessons to my other job experiences and I'm grateful for that.
Good
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay, NLNovember 3, 2014
Good environment, Great team, Good tips. Long hours, always busy, great food
N/A
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSOctober 16, 2014
Worst place ever to work and I will never go back!! Awful
awful
Cons
everything was awful, staff, management everything
Low pay
Delivery Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLSeptember 3, 2014
Very low pay for the work I was doing there and long hours, OT without pay.
Cons
Great place to work, fast paced
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSMay 25, 2014
In our kitchen at Pizza Delight we are organized, we all work well and verbally communicate with each other to what is going on. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and understand when it is time to buckle down and get the job done and when to take our time.. The hardest part of this job is fitting everything into our 2 ovens when we are busy, and the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that we can handle whatever is thrown our way, and that we can get threw a busy supper or lunch service. The management in my restaurant is understanding, loyal, but knows how to throw down the hammer, when it need to be.
Pros
paid breaks, discounted lunches
Cons
no advancement, scheduling
quite busy but enjoyable to meet new people
Waitress/ Cook (Former Employee) –  ClarenvilleApril 7, 2014
seating and serving customers, setting up buffet table, washing dishes, set up bread grill, computer entries, handling cash. try to be more organized. Management and coworkers were good team players. the hardest part was trying to keep floors clean. The best part was having tips everyday.
Positive Atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NLMarch 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at Pizza Delight mainly because of the people. I got along so well with everyone, it was like we were our own family. I was a line cook when I worked there so I mainly just had to read the orders that came in and prepare the food and cook it. My bosses were amazing, I would never say anything bad about them. They always went over the top to keep us all satisfied. The one thing that I would say was the hardest about working there was that I did all evening shifts and they were late hours. The reason that I had to leave was because I relocated to Labrador City.
Mostly Productive, Lost of Busy Work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 9, 2013
Typically, I would come in and start my shift and check what would need to be done in that particular in terms of prep. Whether it be cutting/cooking vegetables or preparing meals ahead of time. After words would be a typical day of cooking orders and cleaning afterwords. When I closed the restaurant, I would follow a routine of cleaning up and shutting things down.
Pros
large discount on food items, flexible schedule
Cons
poor management
Terrible Employer
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NSNovember 17, 2013
This job would have been ok, if it were not for the owner. Not only was he dishonest and trying to short you on your pay checks every time you turned around, but he played favourites terribly. I was told that there would be opportunity for advancement but was never given that opportunity.
I found that the management and co-workers did not take the time to properly train me, (I had three 3 hour days to learn the computer system and was expected to be fully trained after that point) and got frustrated when I asked questions.
I was not able to fully showcase my skills, and was continually sent home early. When the owner "let me go" I was not even informed that I was being layed off.
This was one of the worst jobs that I have ever worked, and I hope that others are not put through the same thing I was.
Cons
no hours, dishonest employer, caty co-workers, improper training
Great teamwork
Cook/manager (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBJuly 10, 2013
Was responsible for the office work which includes accounting, payroll and scheduling, also did waiter and cook as well
Pizza Delight
Supervisor, Cook, Cashier, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBJune 5, 2013
I enjoyed that it payed the bills but I am looking for higher up jobs and to get experience with trades.
Pros
payed the bills
Productive and fun workmates
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NLMarch 30, 2013
I usually start work at 10AM, till 3PM then break for 2 hrs then back at 5-7PM to prepare meals during restaurant peak hours. I was able to enhance my cooking experienced in pasta and pizza preparation. Kitchen supervisors ar very supportive.
Pros
free lunch and sodas and coffee
Cons
broken shift schedule
I see to the day to day functions of the operations, and ensuring optimal customer service.
Dining Room Manager, Server (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 2, 2013
Did not enjoy this job at all
Cook (Former Employee) –  NLJanuary 14, 2013
Worked very long hours,did not get recongized for any work you did.Co-workers were very hard to get along with and the management only recongized workers that they wanted too.
Pros
n/a
Cons
every aspect of this job