Pizza Delight Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2017
No recognition for anything, no job security, no job work/life balance, management is a joke, hours were crazy because we were constantly under-staffed and mostly one person does all the work half the time. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
everything
A Learning Experience
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB4 January 2017
I very much enjoyed my customers. I loved seeing my regulars every week, and did my best to make sure they got the most out of there experience every time. I learned quite a bit about serving tables and how to manage things.
Pros
Good discounts on meals
Cons
Very Unorganized
Late Nights,Understaffed
Cook/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 November 2016
Anyone who as worked in kitchens knows that it is a stressful environment, Pizza Delight is no exception.

Being a late night restaurant you can be scheduled to work anywhere form 9am-5pm. Or 8pm-4am.

In general the rule is that for every 1 cook, there are 3 servers.

So if each server has 3-5 tables/guest. The 1 cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all meals and orders.

You may feel overwhelmed and under prepared as prep for the day isn't always completed for the night shift, and large amounts of guests could come in at any moments notice.
Pros
50% Discount on food, Tips, Room for growth.
Cons
Longs Hours, Inconsistent Hours, lack of preparation
Started off okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON6 October 2016
I enjoyed my first month and a half working there but they stopped giving me shift and then i went away for 3 weeks and contacted my manager multiple times asking about the schedule and never received an answer. I haven't had a shift there in 3 months but i am still on the schedule without shifts. I haven't quit or been fired yet. I am the only one that has had this problem and i would not recommend working there. 0/10. Disappointed.
Productive and fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ON5 October 2016
Very good place to work. Filled with fun and outgoing people, also goood management. They have good length shift (5 hours) but I only get 2 a week. Overall pizza delight is great
Pros
Good length shift
Cons
Not many shifts
enjoy it
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB3 August 2016
I enjoy working at pizza delight....co-workers are great.....I have learned everything from how to cook a chicken to making a pizza
Family friendly restaurant who cares about their staff!
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON29 June 2016
I would set up the buffet daily, greet and serve the customers food and beverages, do dishes, did dough shifts making fresh pizza dough daily, did kitchen shifts preparing the food. Cleaning at the end of the night, counting tills and balancing the cash/debit/credit transactions. It really was one of favourite places to work!!!
Pros
Worked with friends and made a lot of money!!!!
Cons
No room for growth in company
Fast Paced environment
PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 May 2016
A typical day at work included receiving orders, delivering pizzas, collecting monies, and balancing the account at the end of the day. I learned how to navigate the city of Corner Brook and improved my driving skills. Management were kind and supportive. It was an independent environment but my co-workers were friendly when I saw them. The hardest part of the job was delivering the pizzas in an efficient manner so that the customers were delivered the product when it was warm and fresh. Sometimes there were so many deliveries that this was difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be fairly independent. Also I enjoyed driving and learning the different avenues, alleyways, and routes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unpredictable hours
productive and fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2016
Id show up and the floor staff would be slammed, i'd pick up the slack where it was needed. For example: Take them off the floor, that way they have no more customers to handle while finishing up with their present tables. After they've finished, Id give 1 task to everyone that was leaving, like a bathroom check or run some cutlery through the dishwasher a few times, beer run etc. Then send them home after their cashout.
Working there, my direct manager was the most personable person Ive met, and they have been nothing but kind to me.
My co-workers, were real people with real lives outside of work and they all had good heads on their shoulders and if something was wrong they'd all be the first to be there for you..
The hardest part of the job I had, was being new.. I guess it comes with any job but the system took about a good solid week to learn inside out and it frequently changed due to the new management coming in to change prices/promos.
I really enjoyed making peoples nights. Its nice when people can fit you into their budget and make time to come out. I always welcomed them when people came back and was super exited to hear that they asked for me, it made me feel like I was a friend and not just their server.
Pros
Great crew, good hours, felt part of a team, I liked the company I represented.
Cons
I wish they had mozza sticks at the time.
working
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, PE10 January 2016
It could get very busy very fast but mostly the people were great and it wasn't too difficult. The hours worked very well with me and how busy my school life was at the time.
enjoyed the fast pace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB16 December 2015
prepared food , cooked food , managed kitchen staff during busy times and made sure that there were no errors with delivered to the customers
It was amazing working here
Cook & Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 December 2015
I loved working for Pizza Delight they had a great staff all very kind and friendly got free pizza and i always had help if needed
Pros
free food
enjoyed working with them always exciting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port aux Basques, NL16 November 2015
fun workplace and supportive management. I've learned how to cook and how to use a cash, the most enjoyable thing at work was talking to new costumers and learning about where they are from and there travel.
pizza delight
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 November 2015
very unorganized and not trained properly. i had to learn pretty much everything on my own. when it was really busy we got a lot of complains because half the time there order wasn't right.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
unorganized
Fun workplace and great co-workers.
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 November 2014
I enjoy learning new things and have taken my lessons to my other job experiences and I'm grateful for that.
Good
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay, NL3 November 2014
Good environment, Great team, Good tips. Long hours, always busy, great food
N/A
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS16 October 2014
Worst place ever to work and I will never go back!! Awful
Pros
Cons
Everything was awful, staff, management everything
Low pay
Delivery Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL3 September 2014
Very low pay for the work I was doing there and long hours, OT without pay.
Cons
Great place to work, fast paced
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS25 May 2014
In our kitchen at Pizza Delight we are organized, we all work well and verbally communicate with each other to what is going on. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and understand when it is time to buckle down and get the job done and when to take our time.. The hardest part of this job is fitting everything into our 2 ovens when we are busy, and the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that we can handle whatever is thrown our way, and that we can get threw a busy supper or lunch service. The management in my restaurant is understanding, loyal, but knows how to throw down the hammer, when it need to be.
Pros
Paid breaks, discounted lunches
Cons
No advancement, scheduling
quite busy but enjoyable to meet new people
Waitress/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Clarenville7 April 2014
seating and serving customers, setting up buffet table, washing dishes, set up bread grill, computer entries, handling cash. try to be more organized. Management and coworkers were good team players. the hardest part was trying to keep floors clean. The best part was having tips everyday.

2.9