Pizza Delight Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Paced environment
PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work included receiving orders, delivering pizzas, collecting monies, and balancing the account at the end of the day. I learned how to navigate the city of Corner Brook and improved my driving skills. Management were kind and supportive. It was an independent environment but my co-workers were friendly when I saw them. The hardest part of the job was delivering the pizzas in an efficient manner so that the customers were delivered the product when it was warm and fresh. Sometimes there were so many deliveries that this was difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be fairly independent. Also I enjoyed driving and learning the different avenues, alleyways, and routes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Family friendly restaurant who cares about their staff!
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ONJune 29, 2016
I would set up the buffet daily, greet and serve the customers food and beverages, do dishes, did dough shifts making fresh pizza dough daily, did kitchen shifts preparing the food. Cleaning at the end of the night, counting tills and balancing the cash/debit/credit transactions. It really was one of favourite places to work!!!
Pros
Worked with friends and made a lot of money!!!!
Cons
No room for growth in company
productive and fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 24, 2016
Id show up and the floor staff would be slammed, i'd pick up the slack where it was needed. For example: Take them off the floor, that way they have no more customers to handle while finishing up with their present tables. After they've finished, Id give 1 task to everyone that was leaving, like a bathroom check or run some cutlery through the dishwasher a few times, beer run etc. Then send them home after their cashout.
Working there, my direct manager was the most personable person Ive met, and they have been nothing but kind to me.
My co-workers, were real people with real lives outside of work and they all had good heads on their shoulders and if something was wrong they'd all be the first to be there for you..
The hardest part of the job I had, was being new.. I guess it comes with any job but the system took about a good solid week to learn inside out and it frequently changed due to the new management coming in to change prices/promos.
I really enjoyed making peoples nights. Its nice when people can fit you into their budget and make time to come out. I always welcomed them when people came back and was super exited to hear that they asked for me, it made me feel like I was a friend and not just their server.
Pros
Great crew, good hours, felt part of a team, I liked the company I represented.
Cons
I wish they had mozza sticks at the time.
enjoyed working with them always exciting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port aux Basques, NLNovember 16, 2015
fun workplace and supportive management. I've learned how to cook and how to use a cash, the most enjoyable thing at work was talking to new costumers and learning about where they are from and there travel.
working
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, PEJanuary 10, 2016
It could get very busy very fast but mostly the people were great and it wasn't too difficult. The hours worked very well with me and how busy my school life was at the time.
It was amazing working here
Cook & Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 16, 2015
I loved working for Pizza Delight they had a great staff all very kind and friendly got free pizza and i always had help if needed
Pros
free food
enjoyed the fast pace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBDecember 16, 2015
prepared food , cooked food , managed kitchen staff during busy times and made sure that there were no errors with delivered to the customers
pizza delight
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 14, 2015
very unorganized and not trained properly. i had to learn pretty much everything on my own. when it was really busy we got a lot of complains because half the time there order wasn't right.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
unorganized
Terrible Employer
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NSNovember 17, 2013
This job would have been ok, if it were not for the owner. Not only was he dishonest and trying to short you on your pay checks every time you turned around, but he played favourites terribly. I was told that there would be opportunity for advancement but was never given that opportunity.
I found that the management and co-workers did not take the time to properly train me, (I had three 3 hour days to learn the computer system and was expected to be fully trained after that point) and got frustrated when I asked questions.
I was not able to fully showcase my skills, and was continually sent home early. When the owner "let me go" I was not even informed that I was being layed off.
This was one of the worst jobs that I have ever worked, and I hope that others are not put through the same thing I was.
Cons
no hours, dishonest employer, caty co-workers, improper training
Great place to work, fast paced
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSMay 25, 2014
In our kitchen at Pizza Delight we are organized, we all work well and verbally communicate with each other to what is going on. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and understand when it is time to buckle down and get the job done and when to take our time.. The hardest part of this job is fitting everything into our 2 ovens when we are busy, and the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that we can handle whatever is thrown our way, and that we can get threw a busy supper or lunch service. The management in my restaurant is understanding, loyal, but knows how to throw down the hammer, when it need to be.
Pros
paid breaks, discounted lunches
Cons
no advancement, scheduling
Low pay
Delivery Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLSeptember 3, 2014
Very low pay for the work I was doing there and long hours, OT without pay.
Cons
Enjoyable and productive workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ONOctober 10, 2012
A typical day at work is usually even paced. Some days would be busy and some days would not. I learned a lot about waitressing, and how to handle multiple tables at once. Management was okay, sometimes very rude to co-workers and customers. Co-workers were polite and helpful. The hardest part of the job for me was handling multiple tables at once, especially if I was the only waitress working. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of tips I would receive after each shift.
Pros
discount on certain menu items.
Cons
sometimes would only work 2 hours out of a 3 hour shift if it is not busy.
Pizza Delight
Supervisor, Cook, Cashier, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBJune 5, 2013
I enjoyed that it payed the bills but I am looking for higher up jobs and to get experience with trades.
Pros
payed the bills
Cons
Did not enjoy this job at all
Cook (Former Employee) –  NLJanuary 14, 2013
Worked very long hours,did not get recongized for any work you did.Co-workers were very hard to get along with and the management only recongized workers that they wanted too.
Pros
n/a
Cons
every aspect of this job
Very great staff, fun to work with.
Kitchen/Cashier/Serving/Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, New BrunswickJuly 9, 2012
My day working at Pizza Delight was great every shift, I did have some hard times at first but I got used to it. I had some difficulties dealing with the Credit department but I finally got the hang of it. I would go into work, clock in get my cash and count it go to my counter make sure the area is clean and tidy and start answering phones and giving customers their orders and taking their cash and receiving their change. Some days I would be scheduled as a cook and would have to prepare all dough and food and start cooking orders. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the hotness in the kitchen but the shift got over and it was fine, also at first dealing with the screen and cash.
Pros
50% off all food.
Cons
4-8 hour shifts throughout monday-sunday.
A really good place to work,the owner is a great person.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  fergus ontarioOctober 17, 2012
My day starts of opening the store,getting the cash register ready for the day making sure the float is correct from the night shift,stocking prep.tables,making the list of prep.to be done for the day,having pizzas ready for when we open,taking phone orders and preparing them,working at the cash,at the end of my shift cleaning and closing off the cash register so it is ready for the next shift to start.I have been able to learn about fast food,also been trusted to open and close the store on my own,and have been able to learn cash.My co-workers are great,the hardest part of my job is one employee tends to bully every now and than but I go on with my day and talk to the owner.The most enjoyable part of my day is making customers happy,and seeing they have enjoyed there meal.
Pros
discount on pizza, given a chance to learn cash and food.
Cons
wages should be higher.
Productive and fun place to work
Hostess / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBJanuary 11, 2013
Greet and serve customers. Explain menus & specials. Make payment transactions.

How to give excellent customer service.

Management was very good, all to be expected.

My co-workers were really nice and great team work.

Trying to satisfying every customer at the same time was the hardest part of the job.

Being able to interact, socialize with the customers and the tips were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
unsatisfied customers
Good
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay, NLNovember 3, 2014
Good environment, Great team, Good tips. Long hours, always busy, great food
Mostly Productive, Lost of Busy Work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 9, 2013
Typically, I would come in and start my shift and check what would need to be done in that particular in terms of prep. Whether it be cutting/cooking vegetables or preparing meals ahead of time. After words would be a typical day of cooking orders and cleaning afterwords. When I closed the restaurant, I would follow a routine of cleaning up and shutting things down.
Pros
large discount on food items, flexible schedule
Cons
poor management
Great place to work.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen New BrunswickSeptember 2, 2012
The day would start with counting your own float, and logging into the system. Then I would jump into a section of tables to wait on. Management was alright, they would choose favourites and wouldn't do some thing professionaly. My co-workers - most were really great people. The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with my customers, getting to know people, and doing my job to the fullest.