Pizza 73 Employee Reviews

Busy and enjoyable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 9, 2016
It was busy most days but I liked that because my shift would go by faster. I learned my way around the city and learned the best routes to take to my destination. My co-workers and manager were all nice and respectful. The hardest part of the job I would say is learning my way around the city and the most enjoyable part would probably have to be that I got paid everyday.
Pros
Got free pizza and got paid everyday
Cons
Learning your way around the city at first
Average Part Time Job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJuly 8, 2016
It's always like a normal day at work. You don't look forward to the next shift you get. I learned how to make pizza and fry chicken wings and that's it. Management is the worst, they don't listen to your opinions they always think they are right.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Nice Place to get an experience
Food Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BCMay 19, 2016
It was a nice place to get an experience of food industry and responsibilities of store manager/supervisor. It was a great place to deal with pressure because sometimes we use to get very busy in regular hours so I learned to manage in shortage of staff.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Overall not a good experience working there
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
Due to bad management of owners didn't enjoyed the work. Thats why left the job early. No professionalism was there at work.

Staff was not even co-operative. Work culture was not there.
4/5
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCJune 3, 2016
average work load
learned management
fun with co-workers
working with co-workers was fun
most enjoyable part was monthly meeting/get together
Pros
free meal, health benifits
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working for pizza 73 and the staff as one big team.
Really had to be on our toes to make sure no mistakes occurred.
A fun-filled workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2016
A regular day at Pizza 73 would comprise of making dough and various orders. There were many new things to learn which include many new recipes. The managers and co-workers were really helpful and understanding.
Productive fun work environment
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Pizza 73 was a very fun work environment where i made a lot of friends i still have today. I made $20,000 a year and enjoyed everyday that i went to work/\.
Nice people, Great environment, Easy Job.
cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Very easy, day to day work life, consistent pizza making according to specs, cleaning and organization while dealing with customers makes it for a very basic pizza business opportunity. The staff are wonderful, 99% of customer's are happy receiving their Hot N Ready Pizza's.
Calm, easy, safe
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2016
Taking calls, patience is required
management and coworkers are easy going and respectful
the hardest part about the job is sitting at a desk for hours
i enjoy the pizza parties
good service provider
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
I admire that staff friendliness ,learned many things about my position and i found what difficulty in my position....
Pros
free lunch
more fun at work
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
needs to create a crew training system to develop every employee efficiency. needs to create the program to evaluate employee thru each career path to grow in the company.
Pros
just 1 meal per shift with budget
stressfull, workplace with intimidating managment.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2015
I would not recommend this job to anyone until management is replaced. I was never paid for my holiday work scheduling was poorly executed. The overall environment was miserable.
Pros
dicounted pizza, short hours
Cons
management
Fun and Good place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
I work part time for Pizza 73. It's a good place for me to work and earn some extra money. My manager is very nice. Co-workers and everyone else is super friendly. I learn a lot of things by working for Pizza 73
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes work late
excellent managerial staff
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
great place to work. amazing people, and great managerial staff. flexible schedule, and very good pay. also the work is fun!
It is fun to work here.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
I have been working here for the last 12 years. The job is close to home which makes it easy to drive there in the winter. I do enjoy this job.
Pros
One meal is free.
Cons
40hr a week.
PIZZA 73
supervisor (Current Employee) –  15315 97 St NW , Edmonton, AB T5X 5V3June 25, 2015
I am working 40 hours per week . I learned so many things from this job like how to make pizzas, how to handle customers. management is very good, my co-workers are very co-operative, their is nothing hard about this job, we enjoy each and every festivals together at job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
40 hours
Productive, great first job.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2015
A typicaly day at work is doing stock, cleaing the store, throwing the garbage and deepfrying foods.

It taught me how to deal with the 'Rush Hour' fast and efficiently.

Co-workers were nice but majority of the time it was usually Indian people they hired which isn't bad but it did get frustrating that other people would come and apply but were more happy picking their own culture.

Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was busy becuase i'd always have something to do.

hardest part was when it got to busy and you'd need help.

Overall it was a good starting job, i WOULD come back to the Pizza 73 i worked at, only down side was they made me work alot of days/hrs because they would only have one person working on the deepfryer which meant i had no time to balance life outside of work along with being very biased on who they hired.
Pros
free lunch, great staff
Cons
long hours, not many days off
Unethical business practices
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2016
I signed up for Pizza 73 as a work-from-home Service Provider. The work involved taking pizza orders over the phone, working over the internet and transferring calls as necessary. The work itself was fine; it was even fun. Sometimes I'd have to deal with irate customers, but all in all, the job wasn't difficult to deal with.

The problem was wages. This job is commission-based and you are set up as an independent contractor, so you are paid piece work per call. Their classified ads state that home Service Providers can make between $12-14/hr if they work fast enough. However, this is simply not true. Even after I successfully kept my calls under two minutes and easily achieved the high-end speed goals they wanted me to hit, I only reached a peak wage of $8.80/hr, which is still far below minimum wage, and this was during the busiest time of the year when they were offering weekly bonus incentives on top of the normal rate.

The truth is, no matter how hard or fast you work,you will never, EVER, make the advertised wage of $12-14/hr, you will most likely hover around $7/hr. I received excellent monthly performance reviews from my managers that did not contain any suggestions on how to improve my speeds, and as far as I could tell I had effectively mastered the job, and yet I was still not receiving the advertised hourly target wage.

This is because those targets are fabricated in order to attract new Service Providers, as they have a high turnover rate. They obviously won't attract new workers if they state that you'll be making around $7/hr! I would even say they go so
  more... far as to say that their classified ads are in the realm of false advertising.

The worst part is that they won't even provide you with a reference when you decide to leave the company. After six months of working there, despite consistently producing quality work and receiving excellent performance reviews, they simply would not grant me a reference and would not provide a reason why. I know they received my request but they deliberately ignored it multiple times.

Do yourself a favor and never work there, and remember that every time you order pizza from Pizza 73 you are supporting their unethical policy of paying their contractors less than minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule, set your own hours, friendly support staff
Cons
Abysmal pay, no references, no room for advancement, dead-end job
good place for student
Pizza Maker, dishes, Cachier, Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 30, 2012
It was usually pretty busy at Pizza 73. we were always short on employee. new employee often came to work but never stayed for long. it was not a very stable work place. the hardest part for me in the job was to keep my calm, it was very hard because some employees were not doing their part in the job. example; they sometimes refused to do something, so i had to do it for them. this kind of issue happens a lot. the main reason I quit the job is because I wanted to get going with my career.
Pros
we could make pizzas for ourselves at no cost. good pay
Cons
unstable schedules, lazy colleges

4.2