Pizza 73 Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Kitchen Helper/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 September 2016
An average day at work was often busy and chaotic. Workers would be going back and fourth with orders and each person had a station to make things go smoother. I learned many quick ways to cut up different types of vegetables and how to properly roll dough. the management often was there til 8 pm making sure everyone had their break and had eaten their lunches/ suppers. I became good friends with most of my co-workers outside of work due to how friendly they had treated me my first few weeks working with them. The hardest part about he job was cutting onions. My eyes watered and stung for a long while after cutting and peeling red onions. The best thing about the job was creating each pizza and finding strange combinations I later was able to try myself.
Pros
Free small pizza
Cons
Oven burns
Overall not a good experience working there
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
Due to bad management of owners didn't enjoyed the work. Thats why left the job early. No professionalism was there at work.

Staff was not even co-operative. Work culture was not there.
4/5
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC3 June 2016
average work load
learned management
fun with co-workers
working with co-workers was fun
most enjoyable part was monthly meeting/get together
Pros
free meal, health benifits
good team,fun work place
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
It's fun to work with my colleagues.learned a lots of things from my whole team.always do the night shift.when it's busy,we work together
and time pass very fast but after 2 a.m.its very hard to pass the time.
Pros
we making a good team
Cons
night shift
Average Part Time Job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 July 2016
It's always like a normal day at work. You don't look forward to the next shift you get. I learned how to make pizza and fry chicken wings and that's it. Management is the worst, they don't listen to your opinions they always think they are right.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Good bunch of people, but run on a shoe string
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
The clients can be verbally abusive, but you are allowed to hang up if needed. Very little training. You make the mistakes and then they tell you which gets frustrating.
Pros
Free pizza
horrible place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
poor training, they give you one day of training when they sa that you get two and when you say you aren't ready to be on the phones, you get told, too bad, you will figure it out.
Not a good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mayor magnate south30 December 2016
Not a good environment at all schedule was always changing. The boss would hire people then fire them right now they have two very young boys working there who should not be working there at all
fun working in pizza restaurant
food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  canada8 December 2016
as a food counter attendant on that restaurant your learn a lot and know how to multitask and assisting different kind of people and dealing to your guest
Pros
free foods
Cons
8 hrs a day
Nice Place to get an experience
Food Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC19 May 2016
It was a nice place to get an experience of food industry and responsibilities of store manager/supervisor. It was a great place to deal with pressure because sometimes we use to get very busy in regular hours so I learned to manage in shortage of staff.
Pros
staff discount
Unethical business practices
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2016
I signed up for Pizza 73 as a work-from-home Service Provider. The work involved taking pizza orders over the phone, working over the internet and transferring calls as necessary. The work itself was fine; it was even fun. Sometimes I'd have to deal with irate customers, but all in all, the job wasn't difficult to deal with.

The problem was wages. This job is commission-based and you are set up as an independent contractor, so you are paid piece work per call. Their classified ads state that home Service Providers can make between $12-14/hr if they work fast enough. However, this is simply not true. Even after I successfully kept my calls under two minutes and easily achieved the high-end speed goals they wanted me to hit, I only reached a peak wage of $8.80/hr, which is still far below minimum wage, and this was during the busiest time of the year when they were offering weekly bonus incentives on top of the normal rate.

The truth is, no matter how hard or fast you work,you will never, EVER, make the advertised wage of $12-14/hr, you will most likely hover around $7/hr. I received excellent monthly performance reviews from my managers that did not contain any suggestions on how to improve my speeds, and as far as I could tell I had effectively mastered the job, and yet I was still not receiving the advertised hourly target wage.

This is because those targets are fabricated in order to attract new Service Providers, as they have a high turnover rate. They obviously won't attract new workers if they state that you'll be making around $7/hr! I would even say they go so
  more... far as to say that their classified ads are in the realm of false advertising.

The worst part is that they won't even provide you with a reference when you decide to leave the company. After six months of working there, despite consistently producing quality work and receiving excellent performance reviews, they simply would not grant me a reference and would not provide a reason why. I know they received my request but they deliberately ignored it multiple times.

Do yourself a favor and never work there, and remember that every time you order pizza from Pizza 73 you are supporting their unethical policy of paying their contractors less than minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule, set your own hours, friendly support staff
Cons
Abysmal pay, no references, no room for advancement, dead-end job
Pizza 73
Home Agent (Order Taker) (Current Employee) –  Home15 September 2016
Very good company to work for, good friendly environment decent price and good customer service fast paced work with clean and neat environment
good service provider
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2016
I admire that staff friendliness ,learned many things about my position and i found what difficulty in my position....
Pros
free lunch
Busy and enjoyable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 May 2016
It was busy most days but I liked that because my shift would go by faster. I learned my way around the city and learned the best routes to take to my destination. My co-workers and manager were all nice and respectful. The hardest part of the job I would say is learning my way around the city and the most enjoyable part would probably have to be that I got paid everyday.
Pros
Got free pizza and got paid everyday
Cons
Learning your way around the city at first
Productive, great first job.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2015
A typicaly day at work is doing stock, cleaing the store, throwing the garbage and deepfrying foods.

It taught me how to deal with the 'Rush Hour' fast and efficiently.

Co-workers were nice but majority of the time it was usually Indian people they hired which isn't bad but it did get frustrating that other people would come and apply but were more happy picking their own culture.

Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was busy becuase i'd always have something to do.

hardest part was when it got to busy and you'd need help.

Overall it was a good starting job, i WOULD come back to the Pizza 73 i worked at, only down side was they made me work alot of days/hrs because they would only have one person working on the deepfryer which meant i had no time to balance life outside of work along with being very biased on who they hired.
Pros
Free lunch, great staff
Cons
Long hours, not many days off
Calm, easy, safe
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2016
Taking calls, patience is required
management and coworkers are easy going and respectful
the hardest part about the job is sitting at a desk for hours
i enjoy the pizza parties
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2016
I really enjoyed working for pizza 73 and the staff as one big team.
Really had to be on our toes to make sure no mistakes occurred.
Nice people, Great environment, Easy Job.
cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 January 2016
Very easy, day to day work life, consistent pizza making according to specs, cleaning and organization while dealing with customers makes it for a very basic pizza business opportunity. The staff are wonderful, 99% of customer's are happy receiving their Hot N Ready Pizza's.
Productive fun work environment
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2016
Pizza 73 was a very fun work environment where i made a lot of friends i still have today. I made $20,000 a year and enjoyed everyday that i went to work/\.
more fun at work
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
needs to create a crew training system to develop every employee efficiency. needs to create the program to evaluate employee thru each career path to grow in the company.
Pros
just 1 meal per shift with budget