Pittsburgh Glass Works Employee Reviews

dependable
trustworthy
crossfuntional
I like to work
I like to work eight hours a day
I like morning shift
I have transportation
I live in Alliston
The company fell apart
Assembly Line Worker/ Team Lead/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 April 2017
The company is no longer in Alliston since it lost multiple contracts and it wasn't a very good place to work. Bad pay, no benefits and absolutely horrible upper management.
Large and very demanding
Warehouse Personnel/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 June 2016
If their were no windshields to inspect after cleaning them their sure was alot of filing, phone answering and stock to take. That kept my day full which I like. I learned that not all windshields are created equal and the slightest little flaw could possibly have a disasterest outcome.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to associate with fellow co-workers as they were all delivery drivers and were gone by the time I arrived for work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the learning, the contact between phone customers and myself-that I found to be gratifying.
Pros
Free windshield cleaner
Cons
Sometimes too hot or too cold, depended on the weather
Reliable hours but not run well.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 April 2015
Work is pretty simple but a little bit boring. I like the consistent hours and pay. There is very poor communication between associates and management which can cause for stress on the floor. Also, because this is an American run company, some of their policies do not abide by labour laws in Ontario. You are also a replaceable pawn in the warehouse so people rarely say anything about the labour laws not being followed.
Pros
simple work, good co-workers, reliable pay and hours
Cons
poor communication, does not follow labour laws, large turnover/replaceable employees, stressful
was fun to learn a new business
delivery man (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2012
was a very good job, but the pay was very very low, and the raise in pay was an insult for the responsibility and accuracy the job required. management was very, very helpful if you had a sick family member in the hospital.also it was a unionized shop but if you asked any questions about what you were getting for your dues you were told to shut-up and quit complaining.not the way an adult employee who loved the job wants to be treated.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
terrible pay