Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Role
Sales Representative (Former Employee), SydneyJune 17, 2014
Pros: company car bigger larger salary
Sales person meeting targets was sought after by this company from Esselte Meto
rewarding place to work at.
Quality Control Clerk/Client Advisor (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: couls get strenuous
the job taught me alot about being careful and steady with epuipment
call center with exciting challenges on each call
CALL CENTER AGENT- Main (Former Employee), Plainfield, IndianaJune 16, 2014
Pros: csr appreciation days
Cons: some unfriendly managers
Each day begins with sales call with an extreme nice customers.
We learn each and every bit of their personal lives during our general sales and make alot of nice friends through our customers all the way.
After a number of years working at the company its always a pleasure to speak with someone that remembers you and calls you by your given name through – more... our sales calls. – less
Great people, except for boss
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: good people for the most part
Cons: ignorant disrespectful bigoted manager
Pitney Bowes has good people, except for one person. The manager that hired me should not be in that position. He is an ignorant disrespectful bigot.

Of all people in the group, the manager should be the one to set the tone for valuing diversity and for respect. On my second day there I was labeled a "bleeding heart liberal" and later on a "DUMBocrat". – more... Why was I disrespected in this way? Because I disagreed with his political beliefs. I respect everyone's opinions, especially if they don't match mine. But if someone says that "Connecticut is coming to take away my guns" I am going to disagree. No matter how high up the corporate food chain they are.

In spite of all the great work that I did for him, he gives me a bad review that's based solely on his hatred of "liberals". He has spread this incorrect review of me to other managers and now I can never work at Pitney Bowes ever again.

I am very disappointed because even with him and his disrespect, I liked the rest of the people there. – less
Expectations are high but rewards to the correct people are not up to par.
National Operations Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 15, 2014
Pros: working with a multitude of people
Cons: being on guard so no else from the organization would make unrealistic promises to the client.
Travelled a great deal and stayed in various cities for months at a time.

I learned a great deal about the negotiations of client contracts.

Upper management unfortunately is still very cliqueish.

Keeping clients extremely happy so the contracts would be renewed was one of the more difficult aspects of the job.

I met and worked with people from – more... all states and all walks of life which was very enjoyable. I also was proud of being able to save many high dollar contracts for the company. – less
Workaholic ready to go
Service Delivery Manager II (Current Employee), Tallahassee floridaJune 14, 2014
Workaholic ready to go. 6 years of manager experience and 10 years of customer service experience
Advancement Opportunities
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 11, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: relocation
Major Accounts Manager:

Built an impressive record of achievement and advancement through a series of progressively responsible positions leading to being ranked the #3 Senior Account Managers, out of 4,200 Senior Account Managers nationally.
Peers in the Western Division voted me for the, “Most Inspirational Award”.
Managed and supervised 3 to 4 new – more... Account Managers per Quarter.
Spearheaded corporate efforts to introduce automation hardware and software to Major Accounts Division, with 211% over assigned quota.
Analyzed and completed cost analysis for client for most productive and cost saving mailing and shipping solutions.
Developed Seattle, Washington Territory 192% and Tacoma, Washington Territory 214% over quota.
Achieving and exceeding quota of $45,000 per month of mailing systems and shipping systems sold for 4 straight fiscal years.
Reached Sales Leadership Conference 6 out of 8 years.
Closed $1.2 M of total revenue in mailing system, shipping systems & software, sold in 1 year! – less
A caring company for working mothers
Asset Recovery Group Processor (Former Employee), Shelton, ConnecticutJune 9, 2014
Pros: great vacation time!
Cons: none!!
I loved Pitney Bowes! If I didn't get laid off I would have never left!!
Glass Ceiling
Technical Support (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 9, 2014
The is little opportunity for advancement. No managers groom employees to become future leaders.
Productive and excited place to work
Database Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, full benefits
A typical day would consist of opening excel, splitting client digital media if necessary and adding these splits to the excel database. Most the work was centered on the eCapture software. This would load client data into workers that would make a master directory of all files on the media. Depending on the type of job we would just make a SQL database – more... of the files listed, or we would make PDF files complete with with a searched database.

I learned how effectively split up the data among my team to get it done in the quickest time possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that I had the freedom to create helper programs, mostly in C# and coupled with VBA for excel, to quicker increase our productions. – less
Just like high school!!!
machine operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2014
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: no money
Pitney Bowes Atlanta is the worst!!! The management is awful. Everyone is sleeping with each other and its impossible to do any work over everybody gossiping. They fire ppl for stupid reasons!!!! Its very unprofessional.
Difficult to attain advancement opportunities
Enterprise Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2014
Challenging work conditions, supported multiple teams across several states.
fun workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee), overland park ksJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
good company, great benefits, team players, hard workers, good working environment
great work environment
Customer Service Associate/Corporate Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2014
independent work, no one brow beating you, co workers are great everyone in sync with one another. long and steady work
It veries
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Jacksonville FloridaMay 30, 2014
Recevie mail check it in check machines make lables its a pretty easy job
Loyal, Dependable, Trust Worthly, On Time , Never call off
Office Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 29, 2014
Pros: love working with attorneys learn a lot from them
Cons: pitney bowes lost contract
Sorting and Delivery of mail to a Law Office as well as processed mail and took to the post office made copys of court documents set up visual and audio equipment for meetings
Keep tracking of bugs in computer software developed in VC++ 4.0
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Former Employee), Shelton,CT,U.S.A.May 29, 2014
Identifying bugs in CLICK STAMPS ONLINE project software. -CSO.
Great Ride
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: workhorse
I had a good 2 years at Pitney Bowes but a good thing must come to an end sooner or later.
Regretting working here
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 26, 2014
Pros: i get a paycheck
Cons: rarely get a break....management is extremely poor
Not very good management. No one is held accountable, no one takes responsibility. Someone else is always blamed. Management micro-manages and so everything is do as I say and not as I do. Safety is optional.
Quality Assurance and Maintenance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2014
Help fixing mistakes inside the sorted mails in the mail sorting machines.Help findings the destination labels on label missing trays.Help finding mistakes in the dispatch mail skids and fix it before the mail delivery.Making sure for good quality in the company production.

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence – Read more