Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A diversified workplace keeping up with current technology and trends.
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: diverse workforce, good benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
With new top leaders focusing on innovating the business and improving the client experience, Pitney Bowes is progressing. The company invest on technology to keep up with their deliverables to the clients. Due to system upgrades, employees are constantly faced with challenges. As a team member of the system transformations, I've learned tremendously – more... and was happy to share and transfer my knowledge to my co-workers. – less
Interestingly weird company
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 20, 2014
Not a good place for career growth. Very immature, non-serious, interestingly confusing, etc.
An open door policy and great benefits
Supervisor for the Records Management (Former Employee), Chicago and suburbsJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great training, good camaraderie
Pitney Bowes Management Co. was a great company to work with, to grow, to learn. It is a very diversified company.A company who has made an open door policy for its management staff and employees, they created an ideal relationship with their employees who in turn created the backbone of an established coordination and professionalism with the customers – more... whom we serviced . – less
Productive workplace
Concierge/Facilities Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: paid bi-weekly
Good Company and they care.I was with them for 10years never had a problem.
Operations Department
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: not overly demanding
Cons: low salary
Enjoyable work environment with great co-workers. Worked with legal assistants and attorneys to maintain the day to day operations in all aspects of the firm.
very fun place to work
facility engineer (Former Employee), Neenah, WIJuly 12, 2014
Pros: pleasant people to work around
Cons: alot of responibility
pleasant coworkers pleasant management. would gladly recommend to others as a good place to work
i loved this job!!!
Contractor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great pay!!! great bosses!!! lots of freetime!!!
Cons: no insurance, staying in hotelrooms.
I was a contractor in 4 states, I could come and go as I pleased. I set up or repaired postal equipment, also demonstrating how to use these. you were always treated with respect, and most people were happy to see you!!! almost any person would love this job!!!
Horrible management
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good health benefit
Cons: everything else
I can't stand the way management approach people, They have no respect for their employees, The pay is way to little for the kind of work you do and the way you are treated...I see people quitting almost every day.
exciting place great people
Key Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2014
get to travel have fun with work great co workers very casual environment
Great company!
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 9, 2014
I would highly recommend this company. Excellent management and co-workers.
Tons of hours for Mgt team
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: could not have a life due to long hours
This was an ok place to work but I didn't want to live there. Which is what I did for well over a year. There were several days a week that I would catch a nap in my office and go back to work without going home. Not worth it.
Fast pace work place
coworkers come and go
busy work environment
Employee friendly
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: not well informed
Best part-time/job ever had. Challenging and rewarding. Team oriented. Great management repore.
Great job with alot of freedom
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 30, 2014
Pros: work independently
Cons: no room for growth
Work from home. Handled service calls on heavy mail equipment. On call 24/7. I learned mechanics, electronics, computers, electrical, troubeshooting, strong customer service skills, budgeting, inventory management, and much much more.... Co workers were great but hardly ever seen them unless there was a problem they couldnt fix at that point i would – more... provide support to fellow technicians. Hardest part of the job was when I couldnt solve a problem. And the freedom of the job was the best part. – less
Bait and Switch Artists
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: brutal management
The work culture is great with a lot of fun, supportive and positive co-workers, but this is hands down the most unethical and devious company I've ever worked for. Once hired, they pulled a bait and switch maneuver, put me in a position I did not hire on for starting a pilot program with none of the compensation they promised, no training, no support, – more... and compromising every opportunity to excel. Very high pressure with little reward. – less
good job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: no need to take lunch
was ok but no advancement my day start to finish was sorting mail into correct bins and checking new mail coming in. co workers were ok most are from India so was hard too understand them.
Great place to start a career. I learned a lot about dealing with the public as well as how to fix copiers with the best of them.
District Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2014
Pros: great hours, no weekend or evenings.
Cons: moderate pay and a lot of traveling daily.
I would help other technicians that needed help fixing problems as well as instruct classes to fix machines. I had reached the top level of technical status and had to decide to more to new challenges.
Good Environment for Team Building
Office Services Clerk/Acting Supervisor (Current Employee), Palo AltoJune 24, 2014
On an average day: Restock paper and supplies in copy rooms and secretary stations. Pick up mail, sort, log, and distribute it. Log in all incoming packages from couriers (FedEx, UPS, etc) then distribute. Do hourly mail pick up and drop off including inter-office mail. Maintain printers on all floors and change out empty toner or fuser kits. organize – more... work station and keep active log of supplies in stock and order low/out of stick supplies. Log in outgoing USPS mail and FedEx packages. Meet daily deadlines for inter-office pouch between offices, USPS mail pick up and FedEx drop off.

I learned a good amount of value from working with a solid team and acquired better communication skills. Using previously learned skills, was able to build rapport with my coworkers, secretaries and clients and have become a source of knowledge and answer queries as they arise or help find the answers if it was not available.

At times can be a bit physically demanding, running around 4 floors, being available to drop off and pick up items; moving around/picking up/dropping off boxes with-in work space or separate floors. Picking up recycling with large shred bins for all 4 floors.

The people I work with are friendly and easy to get along with and we work well together, so it makes the day seem easy. – less
Poor management
Presorter (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJune 24, 2014
Cons: schedule changes frequently, lots of overtime, and poor management.
Its a very diverse environment with many cultures. That being said many take frequent breaks to pray and go to the bathroom so a lot of the time I was stuck inside the machine by myself. They lack a lot on discipline and mostly everyone that is a hard worker get blamed on low productivity because they do not punish those who are lazy and slack off. – more... I do not know if it because they are afraid to approach those with a different ethnicity. – less
Great if your self motivated.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2014
Pros: free from having co-workers
Cons: not having co-workers
This job was perfect for me, but down side is they do ley offs about every 5 years. so not much security if you havent been working there for 15 years.

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence – Read more