Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good compnay to work for
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 31, 2014
Internal management training is an ongoing process. PB takes initiative to train and mentor managers.
Typical Customer Service and relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Inbound (Former Employee), Plainfield, IndianaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: had good benefits and overtime.
Cons: management was uncertain
Typical day was pretty much the same. Clocked in and set up our area to begin work. Look at any new changes and pin up to view while we were on the phone. Signed in on the phone system and set up head sets and began work taking calls for orders and questions or concerns customer may have. The hardest part of the job was getting help when there was a – more... question. It was hard to get noticed when we needed help. Management changed frequently which made things uncomfortable. I enjoyed the people I worked with. – less
We are a globe fortune 500 company.
Site Lead (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good benifits and compensation
Cons: wage increases are very little
We are a globe fortune 500 company. We have provide on-site or field service to all types of mailing equipment.
I believe the benefits are pretty good; health, dental, vision, 401k and stock options.
Work most of the time on your own, driving your own car from customer to customer.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: driving your car all day long.
Cons: gas reimbursment will be at the end of the month.
A typical day at work, start at 8 am until 5 pm. Drive your own car from customer to customer, fixing mail machines, inserters, folders, printers, tabber systems, ATMs for electronic recycles and Ink refill machines. Once a year they will have a Sacramento team rewards.
Great company offers many different career paths, recognizes and promotes thier employees
Sales Enterprise Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: a rewarding part of the position was working in the many different industries, learning about their processes.
Cons: while most jobs today require multi tasking, this position is filled with consistently changing priorities.
A typical day may include working directly with external customers in finding ways for them to improve their workflow processes, reduce expenses and improve their revenues.
Productive and friendly
Administrative Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2014
A typical day was keeping busy supporting 30 plus sales representatives.

I learned how to work with a large group of people and keeping on track. Also managing my time.

Management was supportive and active in helping me to achieve my goals.

My co-workers were a wonderful, fun group and full of excitement to keep the day moving along.

With this being – more... my first job, the hardest part was learning to be more outgoing and open.

I really enjoyed the motivational meetings we had. It really got me pumped up to be more productive. – less
Temp Service
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2014
Very nice person who helped me out and got me the temp job. I would go thru them again. I filled out paperwork and within 2 days had a job of data entry clerk.
Changed
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: this was the company to work for in 1990- 2000
Cons: top heavy
The company has made a lot of changes and was not able regain or maintain the industry respect it has had for many years. With the changes in the industry and internet the company core business product has tremendously dropped.
Productive, Globally Connected, Innovative
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Noida, UPOctober 18, 2014
The best part about my current company is the global connect it has and we work in sync with all geographies. Being a product based company there is lot of exposure to learn the domain and tool. Innovative ideas are respected and were accepted globally within the company.
a pretty good company
CSA Team Lead / Office Asst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2014
Pros: good vacation pkg
Cons: didnt offer good benefits
Filing, sorting, and delivering mail to employees
Operating high volume copiers and equipment
Follow specific instructions on processing of jobs per clients request
QC all jobs before they are returned to customers or clients
Manage and maintain all copiers and provide various copy projects throughout the firm
• Lead a team of associates
• Shipping – more... and receiving services
• Operate mailing equipment
• Sort mail and parcels
• Administrative services/processing large volume reports using excel
• Perform all tasks, as needed, to prepare conference rooms per requests from customers or management to include, but not limited to, fulfilling equipment requests
• Lift large bundles of mail, overnight packages and shipments
• Handle time-sensitive and highly confidential material
• Prioritize and balance workload; provide guidance and direction to team; serve as focal point for communication with customer and company personnel
• Ensure operating and quality standards are met based on service objectives
• Maintain accuracy of required reports, logs and measurements
• Ensure the highest levels of customer care
• Ensure adherence to business guidelines, safety and security procedures
• Responsible for all aspects of equipment; make appropriate equipment recommendations
• Provide constructive feedback and recognition to team
• Support financial results by minimizing site waste and rework
• Perform duties and special requests as assigned by management
• Performed tasks using Microsoft office suite (Word 2007, Excel, PowerPoint) – less
Fun Retail Environment
Enterprise Solutions Consultant (ESC) (Former Employee), Lisle, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: various roles within organization
Relationship Management •
Business Requirements
Problem Solving and Solution Delivery
Vendor Management
Product Knowledge & Support
It depends on where you are sent to work. Another outsourcing company.
Legal Record Room Associate/ Office Services (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: outsourcing, if you like it go for it.
Cons: nothing is guaranteed in this business.
I would just up the mail, get the filing prepared, and some copy work.
I learned how to do almost everything on my resume.
Management was great. Great support for his workers who worked hard for him.
My co-workers were good. We learned from each other.
They hardest part of the job was that we couldn't satisfy or please everyone for whatever reason.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was that I met some really nice people. – less
It was a good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJOctober 15, 2014
Unfortunatly mailing technology is changing and companies need less mail inserters.
You work long hours.
Mail Sweeper (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 15, 2014
Cons: extremely short breaks.
I was a temporary worker in the Madison, WI location. I didn't mind doing the work, but after reading some of the other reviews at other locations, the same environmental factors are in place. A racially divided, uncaring management, totally hostile environment. Loud machines, territorial about where they sweep the mail, unfriendly to new people who – more... could potentially work for the company, no wonder it's a revolving door around there. I lasted a couple months, most new people last a day. Oh ya, a 10 minute break in a 9 hour day? Hummm. – less
bad place to work
maintenance tech (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: not really any cons
Cons: all in all the management sucks.
not really much to say. the company does not know the way they want to go. everyday they are making new rules or changing something that doesn't need to be changed.
Production and a loud workplace
Picker, Packer (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 13, 2014
The hardest part of my job was to deal with the machines.
They tend to jam a lot and be very loud. I would always get headaches after work because I was not allowed to wear earplugs. On a typical day i would to be picking mails and put them into specific container and send them to pack, or I would be packing mails that was picked by other co-workers.
Corporate World
Customer Operations Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 13, 2014
Here at Cisco, we have many involved, we are vendors and we also report to an Vendor that Cisco has hired to over see other Vendors. We have a very layered structure. Many meetings and collaboration to meet the scope of work and refine processes.
Nice place to work
Lead - Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 12, 2014
Excellent place to work with people friendly staff. Had learned new technologies and managed a good team.
Enjoyable Working Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE EVENING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), philadelphia, paOctober 12, 2014
While I enjoyed my coworkers and the environment, the pay was not enough
Private Industry
Supervisor (Former Employee), District Heights MarylandOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: testing mail for contaminates
Job was really challenging, got to enter act with a variety of people.
Co workers were cool to work with. For the most part people were nice.

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence – Read more