Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
learned a lot about the different operations and functions of the company within the first 2 months.
no raises no advancement
Receptionist, Lincoln Square (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Novitex (formerly Pitney Bowes), One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA
2/2013 – Current, Receptionist, Lincoln Square, Bellevue WA, 98004
• Provide Professional, friendly, knowledgeable assistance to arriving customers
• Validate Visitor ID’s and issue Visitor badges. Notify appropriate parties of arrivals.
• Schedule / Book Conference Rooms, Receive phone calls, route to appropriate individuals
• Encourage / promote a positive, productive atmosphere among co-workers who benefit from my knowledge, skill and demeanor.
• Work without supervision, and use independent judgment to assist customers and resolve issues.
• Assist in the development, training and integration of new reception staff.
• Arrange taxi’s and call shuttles
• Prepare Monthly Statistics
• Order supplies/ Submit Facilities Requests
• Positively contribute and make decisions, compromise and resolve issues with minimal direction; exhibiting flexibility with all levels of the organization.
• Possess organization and time management skills to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Challenging place to work
Confirm Consultant (Current Employee), Bowes, ENGJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: bonus scheme
Cons: may involve travel with overnight stays and working beyond 5pm
This company is large and diverse, but working on a particular product is very rewarding, with a good dedicated team who offer good management and support.
simple job
presorter (Current Employee), Grove City, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at pitney bowes is standing on your feet for 8 hours with only 3 15 minute breaks. no lunch break.
you cant wear jackets or hats and othercertain clothing.
the workers or supervisors did not care much if you were sick or not feeling well. you stand and sort mail, if mail gets jammed you take the jam out. and continue to work. it was hard understanding some of the co-workers and you couldnt sit down. not even for a second.
R&D Centre India
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Noida, UPJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent engineering.
Good work life balance.
Offers room for learning
Management has a good scope for improvement
Easy work but mandatory long days
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJanuary 3, 2015
Picking customer orders
Co-workers were mostly team players
nothing hard about the job
Dislike mandatory work hours
Very professional workplace
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I got to do a lot of different job duties. I also was able to help out in other departments including marketing to learn new things.
A day at work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Ashland, VAJanuary 2, 2015
It was overall a good job it was just very boring. I worked 12 hour shifts on my feet collecting paper and packing boxes which became very repetitive after about 8 hours and very tiring. It was definitely not my job of choice. Overall it was a nice environment to work in.
Culture of change - direction unknown
Mentor/Coach Pre-sales SEs (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 29, 2014
Sales organization layered -- results with too many sales persons in a deal? Product-focused.

Management... ?? No Comment.

Hardest part of the job?

1) Leading/Mentoring those who show overtly no "want" of it. Persistence and different approaches prevail.

2) Promoting solutions that don't necessarily meet competitor-set standards (my experience, not to be taken as a blanket statement).
This place is cut thorat
Customer Service Technical Specialist (Former Employee), St Louis,MODecember 29, 2014
This company doesn't cares about their employees at all. they hold people back because management is scare of change.
Easy job, but feels like high school
Presorter (Former Employee), Reading PaDecember 27, 2014
Pros: motivation from leads, free water
Cons: lack of respect for other employees
Great environment, the leads is pretty cool to work with, but many of the regular workers can be...immature, and inconsiderate, many comes to work just to get in people business, and if you happen to be a attractive female...WATCH OUT! because there are many low self-esteem woman(haters), up in there, that will try to pick a fight with you out of jealousy, and will rain on you're picnic, anyway they can, and management doesn't care about you, or you're complaints.
not too bad of a job
Mail Presorter/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Reading, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: good management and supervisors
Cons: very fast pace, gossip.
Worked with very good workers, upper management, team lead and supervisors were great workers and HR is great, regular co-workers were not very good to communicate with sometimes, everyone was very nosy, knew things about you just by telling one person, very gossipy. Job environment was not too bad, nice people to work with. Everyone treats each other well. Hardest part was keeping up with mail as it comes out of bins, with experience it is not too bad, high pace environment so some can handle it, some can't.
review is half
Mailsorter (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYDecember 19, 2014
Pros: work as teamwork and focus
Cons: work with one to two week a month not enough
i been there for six month till lost a job because move to Staten Island and Health issue but only work every one or two week a month its not enough money to work there
Fast service and always Ready to please customers
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: working as a team
Cons: got to be for the people
Fast customers service and dependable workers that are ready and welling to help out the customers at all times.
Productive and high volumed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2014
Pitney Bowes was a fast high paced detail orient facility. My co-workers were pleasant and easy to get along with.You needed to be very observant organized. I learned from this job the you need to be reliable on time and move at a fast pace.
A good company to work for
Commodity Manager (Former Employee), Shelton, CTDecember 13, 2014
I worked for Pitney Bowes for 27 years in many various positions. Pitney Bowes is where I learned and developed my carrier path (inventory, demand planning, transportation, logistics, supply chain, analysis, procurement, etc.). I enjoyed my tenure there and I appreciated having had the opportunity to work with all my co-workers. Many of them became my friends for life. Pitney Bowes is my 2nd family.
Repair all mail machine
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), weston flDecember 12, 2014
Report and procedure writing with machine repairs. Job was a good learning experience.
Office setting that provided me with many learning opportunities.
Records Technician (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILDecember 11, 2014
Pitney Bowes was a great place to work. They demanded the best out of all their employees and corporate culture was caring and fun. I cherished my time there.
The best company I worked for in this country.
DLA Piper Law Firm as a Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee), new york, NYDecember 10, 2014
A Very busy place every day, supervising mail room and copy center staff. Responsible for conference rooms, purchasing, training, time cards, etc. Learn to work with paralegals and attorneys.. Management was the best to get along with. My co-workers were hard working and fun to work with. The hardest part was trying to please all of the clients at the same time. The most enjoyable part is seeing your work done correctly and getting letters of appreciation from the clients and training staff. Also my interaction with the Secretaries, Paralegals, Attorneys and Partners.
Fun
Mailroom/Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIDecember 4, 2014
great place to work
good pay
good hours
great people
easy job

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location – Read more