Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to start a career. I learned a lot about dealing with the public as well as how to fix copiers with the best of them.
District Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2014
Pros: great hours, no weekend or evenings.
Cons: moderate pay and a lot of traveling daily.
I would help other technicians that needed help fixing problems as well as instruct classes to fix machines. I had reached the top level of technical status and had to decide to more to new challenges.
Good Environment for Team Building
Office Services Clerk/Acting Supervisor (Current Employee), Palo AltoJune 24, 2014
On an average day: Restock paper and supplies in copy rooms and secretary stations. Pick up mail, sort, log, and distribute it. Log in all incoming packages from couriers (FedEx, UPS, etc) then distribute. Do hourly mail pick up and drop off including inter-office mail. Maintain printers on all floors and change out empty toner or fuser kits. organize – more... work station and keep active log of supplies in stock and order low/out of stick supplies. Log in outgoing USPS mail and FedEx packages. Meet daily deadlines for inter-office pouch between offices, USPS mail pick up and FedEx drop off.

I learned a good amount of value from working with a solid team and acquired better communication skills. Using previously learned skills, was able to build rapport with my coworkers, secretaries and clients and have become a source of knowledge and answer queries as they arise or help find the answers if it was not available.

At times can be a bit physically demanding, running around 4 floors, being available to drop off and pick up items; moving around/picking up/dropping off boxes with-in work space or separate floors. Picking up recycling with large shred bins for all 4 floors.

The people I work with are friendly and easy to get along with and we work well together, so it makes the day seem easy. – less
Poor management
Presorter (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJune 24, 2014
Cons: schedule changes frequently, lots of overtime, and poor management.
Its a very diverse environment with many cultures. That being said many take frequent breaks to pray and go to the bathroom so a lot of the time I was stuck inside the machine by myself. They lack a lot on discipline and mostly everyone that is a hard worker get blamed on low productivity because they do not punish those who are lazy and slack off. – more... I do not know if it because they are afraid to approach those with a different ethnicity. – less
Great if your self motivated.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2014
Pros: free from having co-workers
Cons: not having co-workers
This job was perfect for me, but down side is they do ley offs about every 5 years. so not much security if you havent been working there for 15 years.
Customer Service
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working their was working with high end lawyers.
a learning experience working with attorneys
Mailroom/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 23, 2014
• Sorted and processed inbound intercompany mail.
• Ensured that mail and packages were properly labeled for mailing, with correct postage utilizing automatic postage meter machines.
• Sorted, delivered and picked up mail and packages according to schedules and service standards.
• Picked up and delivered mail, parcels, copy jobs and faxes to customers.
 – more... This work required lifting large bundles of mail, overnighting packages.
• Maintained the highest levels of Customer Care in a high volume, production environment. – less
great company
Senior System Analyst and Project Manager (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 23, 2014
great company
good benefits
challenging working environment
Productive with work all day.
Field Product Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2014
Cons: bad management
I pick up ticket request, and drive to my customer. I would drive to most of the DC customer during the day. I had no inter acting with management.
Its alright
Underwriter Support (Current Employee), Tampa, FlJune 19, 2014
The company is alright. I do like my boss however the job is just that a job not a career.
Sales Role
Sales Representative (Former Employee), SydneyJune 17, 2014
Pros: company car bigger larger salary
Sales person meeting targets was sought after by this company from Esselte Meto
rewarding place to work at.
Quality Control Clerk/Client Advisor (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: couls get strenuous
the job taught me alot about being careful and steady with epuipment
call center with exciting challenges on each call
CALL CENTER AGENT- Main (Former Employee), Plainfield, IndianaJune 16, 2014
Pros: csr appreciation days
Cons: some unfriendly managers
Each day begins with sales call with an extreme nice customers.
We learn each and every bit of their personal lives during our general sales and make alot of nice friends through our customers all the way.
After a number of years working at the company its always a pleasure to speak with someone that remembers you and calls you by your given name through – more... our sales calls. – less
Great people, except for boss
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: good people for the most part
Cons: ignorant disrespectful bigoted manager
Pitney Bowes has good people, except for one person. The manager that hired me should not be in that position. He is an ignorant disrespectful bigot.

Of all people in the group, the manager should be the one to set the tone for valuing diversity and for respect. On my second day there I was labeled a "bleeding heart liberal" and later on a "DUMBocrat". – more... Why was I disrespected in this way? Because I disagreed with his political beliefs. I respect everyone's opinions, especially if they don't match mine. But if someone says that "Connecticut is coming to take away my guns" I am going to disagree. No matter how high up the corporate food chain they are.

In spite of all the great work that I did for him, he gives me a bad review that's based solely on his hatred of "liberals". He has spread this incorrect review of me to other managers and now I can never work at Pitney Bowes ever again.

I am very disappointed because even with him and his disrespect, I liked the rest of the people there. – less
Expectations are high but rewards to the correct people are not up to par.
National Operations Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 15, 2014
Pros: working with a multitude of people
Cons: being on guard so no else from the organization would make unrealistic promises to the client.
Travelled a great deal and stayed in various cities for months at a time.

I learned a great deal about the negotiations of client contracts.

Upper management unfortunately is still very cliqueish.

Keeping clients extremely happy so the contracts would be renewed was one of the more difficult aspects of the job.

I met and worked with people from – more... all states and all walks of life which was very enjoyable. I also was proud of being able to save many high dollar contracts for the company. – less
Workaholic ready to go
Service Delivery Manager II (Current Employee), Tallahassee floridaJune 14, 2014
Workaholic ready to go. 6 years of manager experience and 10 years of customer service experience
Advancement Opportunities
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 11, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: relocation
Major Accounts Manager:

Built an impressive record of achievement and advancement through a series of progressively responsible positions leading to being ranked the #3 Senior Account Managers, out of 4,200 Senior Account Managers nationally.
Peers in the Western Division voted me for the, “Most Inspirational Award”.
Managed and supervised 3 to 4 new – more... Account Managers per Quarter.
Spearheaded corporate efforts to introduce automation hardware and software to Major Accounts Division, with 211% over assigned quota.
Analyzed and completed cost analysis for client for most productive and cost saving mailing and shipping solutions.
Developed Seattle, Washington Territory 192% and Tacoma, Washington Territory 214% over quota.
Achieving and exceeding quota of $45,000 per month of mailing systems and shipping systems sold for 4 straight fiscal years.
Reached Sales Leadership Conference 6 out of 8 years.
Closed $1.2 M of total revenue in mailing system, shipping systems & software, sold in 1 year! – less
A caring company for working mothers
Asset Recovery Group Processor (Former Employee), Shelton, ConnecticutJune 9, 2014
Pros: great vacation time!
Cons: none!!
I loved Pitney Bowes! If I didn't get laid off I would have never left!!
Glass Ceiling
Technical Support (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 9, 2014
The is little opportunity for advancement. No managers groom employees to become future leaders.
Productive and excited place to work
Database Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, full benefits
A typical day would consist of opening excel, splitting client digital media if necessary and adding these splits to the excel database. Most the work was centered on the eCapture software. This would load client data into workers that would make a master directory of all files on the media. Depending on the type of job we would just make a SQL database – more... of the files listed, or we would make PDF files complete with with a searched database.

I learned how effectively split up the data among my team to get it done in the quickest time possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that I had the freedom to create helper programs, mostly in C# and coupled with VBA for excel, to quicker increase our productions. – less
Just like high school!!!
machine operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2014
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: no money
Pitney Bowes Atlanta is the worst!!! The management is awful. Everyone is sleeping with each other and its impossible to do any work over everybody gossiping. They fire ppl for stupid reasons!!!! Its very unprofessional.

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence – Read more