Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Fun working environment but low pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2015
Pitney Bowes has helped me build a network of friends from the work that we have done serving our clients. It was a fun but semi-hazardous working environment because of all that lifting and transporting of packages and boxes to our client's mailroom.

The pay was a very low, but I do recommend this job to anyone looking to enter the office as clerk.
loved the new experience
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC31 December 2015
My day started at 730am. Worked with a great colleague.Showed me
how to use the printers,learned how the mailroom functioned
Pros
free coffee
Cons
trying to resolve issues with the printers
Great Management, Lack of Advancement
Shipper/Receiver for NorQuest College Site (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2014
I loved the people I worked with here and the manager at our location is a truly awesome guy!

I learned how to use peoplesoft and even found a faster way to receive with the program.

I disliked the attitude of the higher management, they were quite derogatory and unrealistic in their expectations

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of stuff going in and out.

The most enjoyable part of working here was not only my co-workers, but the people at this location. They made it worthwhile coming to work every day.
Pros
Good People, Paid Christmas Vacation
Cons
Lack of Advancement
Great benefits package
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, On11 February 2015
Log in to phones and computer and immediately start to reach out to customers to up sell and take care of customer inquiries.

I have learned loads of information on varieties of office equipment.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that there is no room for advancement.

Most enjoyable part is working with people who make me smile on a daily basis.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Dying industry
Able to work on my own for the most part, which I enjoy.
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  London ON28 April 2014
Consult on document and mail processes
Work with shipping on logistics consultant for distribution solutions
Establish long-term Relationships to maximize future revenue opportunities
Retain and grow client base
Aggressively cold called on new target accounts
Conduct formal Business reviews with top Clients
Conduct presentations and device demonstrations
Track performance, daily activities, gains & losses
Pros
Work on my own
Cons
Shrinking market
Dedicated to customer satisfaction
Bilingual Offline Resolution Administrative (Former Employee) –  Ajax Ontario27 November 2013
I dealt with escalated customer issues that required strong analytical and problems solving skills. I enjoyed working in a environment that was committed to providing exceptional customer service to our clients. We achieved customer satisfaction by working with one another as one team. The hardest part of my job was not being able to solve customer's issues all in one day, in some case's some account needed extensive investigation. The most enjoyable part of my job was establishing trust with customer's and solving their issues in a timely manner, and knowing they were satisfied with the end results.
communication is very high at Pitney Bowes
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 December 2012
A multi task job/changing address/taking care of technicien locations address/making sure all incoming mail is distributed to the call centre/answering all incoming clients email /calling clients if we received return mail making sure we have the correct address/back up for reception/all credit card payments to be entered/changing clients data informations files/
Pros
very friendly management
Cons
not anough staff
Fun place
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2013
I had fun working for Pitney Bowes. I was promoted but declined because I didn't want the stress from being in management because I was pregnant. So I declined the position. I learned a lot from working there. We were working in the Royal Bank Financial building. After I had finished my maternity leave, they were nice enough to let me start part-time. But I decided to stay home with two children as baby sitting was an issue. I can not thank them enough for being so understanding although I didn't go back.
Pros
I got certificate and sweat shirt and appreciation for training a new employee.
Pitney Bowes is the leader in the industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2012
Most of my day was spent cold calling businesses and offices.
I learned everything you need to know about postage meters and where the industry is heading.
The management at Pitney Bowes was fantastic, they were always open to ideas and had an open door policy.
The hardest part of my job was trying to educate people on what a postage machine was and having to convince people to break there contract with the competators.
Fun place to work- Happy co-workers
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill28 January 2014
As a Sales Rep for Pitney Bowes, selling Postage Meter to Companies all over the Country to save time in buying postage
when they have the convenience of stamping their letters and
drop it in the post box.
The hardest part of the job is to be on the phone all the time
Co-workers are Happy lot
The happiest is when I sell Postage Meters
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Speaking for long hours on the phone
High level customer service and client care
National Account Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax7 September 2015
Amazing team, fantastic and demanding clients. Provided very high level of administrative support for Sales. Worked closely with all internal departments to resolve clients and sales issues.
overall great place to work
Document Controll (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 August 2014
Busy with outside Venders and data collection.
How to manage my time and complete document distribution.
All managers were excellent to work for.
Very friendly and helpful .
Leaving when the shut my department down.
Just coming to work everyday and knowing I did a good job.
Pros
benifits and experince working in the oil and gas.
Cons
That the job ended and i had to start all over.
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 September 2012
I really enjoyed my time at Pitney Bowes. It's a great place for a young person to gain exposure to the business world. The internal training programs are excellent.
Be prepared to do a lot of cold calling. It a fast paced environment. There is a have focus on meeting your targets but they will help you if you have the desire to succeed.
Pros
internal training programs.. earning potential
no fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  mississgua6 April 2012
a typical day work was hard you have to standing all day and have your supervior or manager looking over your shoulder. Management was very unfair is who you know not what you know I trained one of my manager buddy the work I use to do and 8 months after I was told I was not need he took my position. my co-wotkers was very hard workers we was like a unit
Pros
some times free kunch
Cons
hard wok
Good team players
Date Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto - ON26 September 2013
I enjoyed working the night shift. Yes, it was a bit stressful because of the timing but I adapted and enjoyed working with a team of hard working, dedicated people. We were cross trained for all the jobs involved in that shift. This made it more productive for the shift and the company.
Pros
Gave me a lot of free time during the day to take care of my family
Cons
lack of sleep.
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canada2 January 2015
A typical day at work includes hours of conference calls, providing ad hoc support, meeting project deadlines, collaborating with team members to reach a consensus on various business decisions, troubleshooting various systems/issues and contributing to the overall operational efficiency of the center.

Challenges include time management and low employee morale as resources are spread too thin to cover all critical requirements. Employees are expected to incorporate more and more tasks into their current role that were previously assigned as separate full time positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team of people and having agile flexibility.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, vacation package
Cons
Expectations and responsibilities are unrealistic in volume and without fair compensation.
Good company good people but 12hrs shift work night and day is too much
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 May 2015
Its a great company for those who don't mind the shift work or 3 12 hours days in a row
coworkers are nice and helpful when again there are always some bad apple
Pros
2 long weekends a month
Cons
2 weeks nights 2 weeks days 12 hrs not fun
Exciting, there are variations of work to do
Business Analyst / Team Lead Order Entry (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON25 February 2013
Daily reports to be processed
Everyday there are different challenges
Everyday is a learning process
Management is very supportive
Co-workers are very collaborative
Hardest part is time constraint
Enjoyable part is finding solutions to a problem and accomplishing a lot
Excellent work environment
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 February 2015
Pitney Bowes is a great place to work. The people and culture at Pitney Bowes makes you want to come back to work everyday. I learned a lot from my time here at Pitney Bowes with help from the managment team and support personal I am able to say I and excellent at my position of account manager.
Agressive selling
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2013
It was required to aggressively target and penetrate key accounts including competitive wins. I would generate new business opportunities by cold calling and prospecting within my territory. It was key to maintain professional relations with current and prospective customers via telephone, email and face-to-face communication. In order to maintain quota the ongoing organization of my sales funnel and monthly forecast was crucial. The reach quota, I deliver comprehensive sales presentations to key decision makers as well as design and negotiate contracts. What was enjoyable was the freedom in the role to be your own boss as well as being able to develop new solutions based on customers needs. It was a very competitive industry and making sales calls is a must.
Pros
great salary/commisions/benefits, freedom within the role
Cons
too much driving withing my territory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.