Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (TELUS contractor) (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 2, 2013
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I had the chance to meet a lot of people and I am proud to say that I was offering them an exceptional customer service experience.
stressful and busy
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 2, 2012
I was on site technician and I had a very stressful day almost every day.
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: internal training programs.. earning potential
I really enjoyed my time at Pitney Bowes. It's a great place for a young person to gain exposure to the business world. The internal training programs are excellent.
Be prepared to do a lot of cold calling. It a fast paced environment. There is a have focus on meeting your targets but they will help you if you have the desire to succeed.
Great company.
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 23, 2012
Customer service oriented.
I managed a 20 line answering system at the message centre. Also paged and recorded messages for staff.
Pitney Bowes is the leader in the industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2012
Most of my day was spent cold calling businesses and offices.
I learned everything you need to know about postage meters and where the industry is heading.
The management at Pitney Bowes was fantastic, they were always open to ideas and had an open door policy.
The hardest part of my job was trying to educate people on what a postage machine was and having to convince people to break there contract with the competators.
Work hard play hard
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 30, 2012
Good company. Could not advance to Sales Management in timely fashion due to the phasing out of management jobs.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, OnJuly 30, 2012
• Excellent in organizational, project oriented, team skills.

• Dedication and drive as a hard-working individual.

• Ability to multi-task in a pressured and demanding environment.

• Fast and accurate keyboarding skills.
no fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), mississguaApril 6, 2012
Pros: some times free kunch
Cons: hard wok
a typical day work was hard you have to standing all day and have your supervior or manager looking over your shoulder. Management was very unfair is who you know not what you know I trained one of my manager buddy the work I use to do and 8 months after I was told I was not need he took my position. my co-wotkers was very hard workers we was like a unit
Fantastic Company
Outdoor Sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2012
Alot of cold calling. Working the sales cycle. Management was very good. Coworkers were very easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was being shunned at offices for being a door to door sales person.
Great work enviroment
inside sales rep (Current Employee), ajax ; ontarioDecember 18, 2011
Pros: great hours
Cons: below average pay ; bad training
This company has caring leadership and an a versatile group of employees. work life balance and flexability seem to be a strong company trait.
A place to refine your sales skills
Major Account Manager 3 (Current Employee), Los angelesJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: have many products to sell
Cons: compensation
A daily conference call in morning to cover pipeline, training on product. Different ways of selling to customers and growing business from within. The best part of the job is to meet with customers face to face.
Company in Transistion
Senior Project Leader (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: transitioning business goals
Cons: opportunity to improve employee perception and culture
I enjoyed my career at Pitney Bowes. The relationships between manager and staff have changed so much, that there is opportunity to improve.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: just a fun place to work
Cons: n/a
Built and leveraged relationships with customers and staff to achieve effective results
Responsible for maintaining and controlling inventory levels
Responsible for day end closing procedures, including cash deposits
Communicate and partner with staff to ensure successful performance and customer service
It was very hectic.
Look Up Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Please understand I fully realize the physical demands being sought throughout the work day. When I went to work, I worked. I gave what I was physically able to perform my duties. I liked working the x-ray machine.
Disorganized and inconsistent direction
Director (Former Employee), StamfordJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: fair benefits
Cons: lack of direction, empowerment and highly silo'ed
Company lacks clear direction and is very silo'ed. People leading who are from another firm and don't really understand the business or the need for working cross functionally and in a forward thinking manner. Multiple people doing similar jobs in different divisions which creates a confusing situation for the client. New ideas not particularly welcomed and very, very hierarchical in obtained any budget for new ideas at all. Disempowering culture. Hope that they get it together, but the future is here and so far they don't seem to have figured it out.
Strategic Account Manager
Senior Strategic Account Manager NJ (Former Employee), NY NYJanuary 22, 2015
I handled Strategic Accounts for Pitney Bowes. Strategic Accounts were the highest revenue producers for PB. I was the one point of contact for my customers. I handled service issues, training issues, presenting new equipment and software, conducted quarterly and annual reviews. For each account, I was assigned a quota for new business. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my customers and working with my colleagues at PB. We typically managed these accounts for years as there was very little turnover within our group. We had very strong relationships with our customers. The Strategic Account Managers were typically the most senior sales representatives in the company. We shared success stories and supported each other. We all had one goal in mind and that was to maintain a lasting partnership with our customers by treating them the way we would want to be handled. We valued their business and never took it for granted.
Good working environment.
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2015
Working for Pitney Bowes taught me valuable mail room management skills. I learned how to process equipment control and inventory control using Pitney Bowes' equipment. I enjoyed coming to work and interacting with the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new mail room procedures which I can use today. The challenging part of the job was to ensure we met suspense timelines, some which were on-the-spot suspense, to include high-volume domestic and international facsimile.
great work place
Account Support Representative (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: far from where i live
great co workers. They like to have a lot of pot lucks. It feels like family at work. very easy to work with great place lunch vendors and rewards. die hard football fans. working on expanding. chances to move from different departments.
MAIL SORTER (Former Employee), READING,PA.January 16, 2015
Cons: no communtication and very unorganized
AWFUL PLACE TO WORK. NEVER AGAIN. NO COMMUNTION.DIDN'T HAVE ANY TRAINING. LEFT ME BY MYSELF ON SECOND DAY ON THE JOB. I LEARNED NOTHING. I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR 38 YEARS.ONLY HAD 2 JOBS IN ALL THOSE YEARS AND NEVER EXPERIENCE WHAT I DID AT PITNEY BOWES.TERRIBLE. ONLY LASTED 3 DAYS. WOULD NOT RECOMMAND PITNEY BOWES.
Once a great company to work with until the lastes CEO was highered
Install Support Specialist (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great health care benefits
Cons: since marc lautenbach has taken over the over all work enrivorment, employee moral and customer service has been cripled
The local management was great, friendly, knowledgeable, willing to work with an associate.
A typical day was updating my excel sheet, tracking new orders , contacting customers by phone and email. contacting service technicians by phone and email. scheduling new installation and withdrawal appointments.

Co-Workers were fun and nice to be around, we supported each other in our jobs and worked together to solve problems/issues that came up.

The hardest part of the job was end of quarter and large volume of orders would be going out at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers and service technicians around the country.

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location – Read more