Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Hard worker who is determined to succeed
Order Management Specialist/Integrity Team (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 September 2016
A typical day at work is completing defect reports with a deadline. Worked independently and as a close team. Processing orders on a daily basis and also multi tasking on a day to day basis. Worked month end hours to ensure sales reps received their commissions and ensuring customer receives equipment. The Management and employees are amazing, always willing to help when it is needed. I enjoyed working for Pitney Bowes. Was an amazing experience from a learning aspect and the employees as well.
Pros
Great hours and great people to work with.
Cons
Long hours at month end (14 hour days) All worth it in the end.
Productive and Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2016
Loved working here. Great place to learn and grow as an individual. Management believe in their people. They take chances on individuals. Company environments provides a lot of areas to learn.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary could be better
Good company and free tickets for Raptors game and Maple Leaf Hockey.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Excellent worker with three Buildings mailroom areas.Very helpful to each employee and honest.I learned a lot dealing with management and Training.
Pros
Free lunch and Tickets to a game.
Cons
Long hours and very busy company
Great Place to Work
Corperate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 February 2016
This is a great company to work for
10 years employed , always trained well, skills updated monthly via conferences and training week long seminars.

Company following Dealer Style Model rather than employee
After 10 years employed company gave a great severance package as well found continued employment, the exact same position with a company that was now handling the contracts for them.

No complaints about upper management and middle management.
Company is primarily now run via the U.S.
Pros
Car Plan, On Going Training
Cons
Went to Dealer Model for Service and Sales
A good company
Communications (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
Starting in a mailroom you can move up to team leads and managers of the different sites the company is located in. From working in copy centres to lawyer offices there are many areas to choose from.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
A typical day at work. I turn on all the computers. Log in and do the Daily Reports for my Supervisor. I email clients regarding their tracking numbers, status of delivery and any information regarding their shipment. I also call clients to inform them about the status of their shipments. I collect all couriers and process them and delivery them to their clients. I get signatures and follow up with the clients. The hardest part of the job is when you have a dissatisfied client. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you have a satisfied client.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
The hours.
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canada2 January 2015
A typical day at work includes hours of conference calls, providing ad hoc support, meeting project deadlines, collaborating with team members to reach a consensus on various business decisions, troubleshooting various systems/issues and contributing to the overall operational efficiency of the center.

Challenges include time management and low employee morale as resources are spread too thin to cover all critical requirements. Employees are expected to incorporate more and more tasks into their current role that were previously assigned as separate full time positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team of people and having agile flexibility.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, vacation package
Cons
Expectations and responsibilities are unrealistic in volume and without fair compensation.
Agressive selling
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2013
It was required to aggressively target and penetrate key accounts including competitive wins. I would generate new business opportunities by cold calling and prospecting within my territory. It was key to maintain professional relations with current and prospective customers via telephone, email and face-to-face communication. In order to maintain quota the ongoing organization of my sales funnel and monthly forecast was crucial. The reach quota, I deliver comprehensive sales presentations to key decision makers as well as design and negotiate contracts. What was enjoyable was the freedom in the role to be your own boss as well as being able to develop new solutions based on customers needs. It was a very competitive industry and making sales calls is a must.
Pros
great salary/commisions/benefits, freedom within the role
Cons
too much driving withing my territory
It was a nice place to work
Manager, Procurement & Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
PBS was a great place to work when it existed. It has since been purchased by an American company. Things are no longer the same.
Best career I've ever had
SALES & TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sask. Canada28 January 2016
My overall rating above describes my feeling toward the company. The corporate over haul in the late 80's provided the opportunity to move on.
Pros
High profile career
Cons
Corporarte policy change
overall great place to work
Document Controll (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 August 2014
Busy with outside Venders and data collection.
How to manage my time and complete document distribution.
All managers were excellent to work for.
Very friendly and helpful .
Leaving when the shut my department down.
Just coming to work everyday and knowing I did a good job.
Pros
benifits and experince working in the oil and gas.
Cons
That the job ended and i had to start all over.
Guidelines easy to follow
Team Leader Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2016
Great working environment
Working with customers
Traveling from office to office Downtown Toronto
Great team environment
Pros
Guidelines very easy to follow
Cons
Knowledge and experience combined.
Work as the Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
At Pitney Bowes Canada, I aquired 'vast' knowledge/experiences while working there. In many departments. They taught me a lot of what I aquired in business administration and other areas. I'd give Pitney Bowes Canada a A+! They're a great company to be employed with. There were some good and some (not so good) experiences working there. But, the good out waighed the minimum bad, so to speak. Overall, they're a excellent company to work with.
Pros
I likes there staff (year end) party and yearly picnics.
Cons
Breaks and lunch periods... Nobody pressured you.
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 February 2016
great company to work for great environment..

great people makes you feel welcome
everything is easy to grasp.
very team oriented
Productive and fun workplace. Great learning Experiences.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON25 June 2015
This was a temporary position during the postage rate change period.

A day's work involved the company's clients making inbound calls for assistance preparing and updating their postal machines to be ready for the upcoming new rate changes and then to confirm that the machines were successfully updated.

Learned how to handle call centre phone inquiries.

Management was a wonderful group of people, easy to speak to and always willing to listen and help me at all times.

Co-workers were helpful to each other and loads of fun.

Management staff always positive and provided us with treats and had weekly contests and other incentives. We were constantly motivated to do our best.
Pros
New learning experience. Great Management, Staff and Co-Workers.
Managed Financial Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2015
Management overall are fun, down to earth and approachable. The ability to grow within company is slower then other companies, however the experience with a department and working with other departments is great!
Pros
Agile option, Able to work on your own with minimal supervision
Cons
Not one
great people to work with
Professional Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2015
Great people to work with, unfortunately CP is slow to adapt to the changing technology and therefore could not make changes fast enough for a newly developed technology.
Pros
great team
Great Management, Lack of Advancement
Shipper/Receiver for NorQuest College Site (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2014
I loved the people I worked with here and the manager at our location is a truly awesome guy!

I learned how to use peoplesoft and even found a faster way to receive with the program.

I disliked the attitude of the higher management, they were quite derogatory and unrealistic in their expectations

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of stuff going in and out.

The most enjoyable part of working here was not only my co-workers, but the people at this location. They made it worthwhile coming to work every day.
Pros
Good People, Paid Christmas Vacation
Cons
Lack of Advancement
loved the new experience
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC31 December 2015
My day started at 730am. Worked with a great colleague.Showed me
how to use the printers,learned how the mailroom functioned
Pros
free coffee
Cons
trying to resolve issues with the printers
good culture with a good work atmosphere
account manager (Current Employee) –  ajax,on29 June 2015
- typical day would consist of managing accounts, building pipeline and contacting clients

- daily decision making and problem solving, able to offer ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgement within ethical boundaries of a sales cycle

- strong communication with peers, always giving and receiving constructive feedback

- the best part of the job was work/life balance