Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Current Employee), CanadaJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, co-workers, vacation package
Cons: expectations and responsibilities are unrealistic in volume and without fair compensation.
A typical day at work includes hours of conference calls, providing ad hoc support, meeting project deadlines, collaborating with team members to reach a consensus on various business decisions, troubleshooting various systems/issues and contributing to the overall operational efficiency of the center.

Challenges include time management and low employee morale as resources are spread too thin to cover all critical requirements. Employees are expected to incorporate more and more tasks into their current role that were previously assigned as separate full time positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team of people and having agile flexibility.
Productive and fun workplace. Great learning Experiences.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: New learning experience. Great Management, Staff and Co-Workers.
This was a temporary position during the postage rate change period.

A day's work involved the company's clients making inbound calls for assistance preparing and updating their postal machines to be ready for the upcoming new rate changes and then to confirm that the machines were successfully updated.

Learned how to handle call centre phone inquiries.

Management was a wonderful group of people, easy to speak to and always willing to listen and help me at all times.

Co-workers were helpful to each other and loads of fun.

Management staff always positive and provided us with treats and had weekly contests and other incentives. We were constantly motivated to do our best.
Great Management, Lack of Advancement
Shipper/Receiver for NorQuest College Site (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good people, paid christmas vacation
Cons: lack of advancement
I loved the people I worked with here and the manager at our location is a truly awesome guy!

I learned how to use peoplesoft and even found a faster way to receive with the program.

I disliked the attitude of the higher management, they were quite derogatory and unrealistic in their expectations

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of stuff going in and out.

The most enjoyable part of working here was not only my co-workers, but the people at this location. They made it worthwhile coming to work every day.
Dedicated to customer satisfaction
Bilingual Offline Resolution Administrative (Former Employee), Ajax OntarioNovember 27, 2013
I dealt with escalated customer issues that required strong analytical and problems solving skills. I enjoyed working in a environment that was committed to providing exceptional customer service to our clients. We achieved customer satisfaction by working with one another as one team. The hardest part of my job was not being able to solve customer's issues all in one day, in some case's some account needed extensive investigation. The most enjoyable part of my job was establishing trust with customer's and solving their issues in a timely manner, and knowing they were satisfied with the end results.
Able to work on my own for the most part, which I enjoy.
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), London ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: work on my own
Cons: shrinking market
Consult on document and mail processes
Work with shipping on logistics consultant for distribution solutions
Establish long-term Relationships to maximize future revenue opportunities
Retain and grow client base
Aggressively cold called on new target accounts
Conduct formal Business reviews with top Clients
Conduct presentations and device demonstrations
Track performance, daily activities, gains & losses
Pitney Bowes is the leader in the industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2012
Most of my day was spent cold calling businesses and offices.
I learned everything you need to know about postage meters and where the industry is heading.
The management at Pitney Bowes was fantastic, they were always open to ideas and had an open door policy.
The hardest part of my job was trying to educate people on what a postage machine was and having to convince people to break there contract with the competators.
no fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), mississguaApril 6, 2012
Pros: some times free kunch
Cons: hard wok
a typical day work was hard you have to standing all day and have your supervior or manager looking over your shoulder. Management was very unfair is who you know not what you know I trained one of my manager buddy the work I use to do and 8 months after I was told I was not need he took my position. my co-wotkers was very hard workers we was like a unit
Great benefits package
Account Manager (Current Employee), Ajax, OnFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: amazing people
Cons: dying industry
Log in to phones and computer and immediately start to reach out to customers to up sell and take care of customer inquiries.

I have learned loads of information on varieties of office equipment.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that there is no room for advancement.

Most enjoyable part is working with people who make me smile on a daily basis.
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: internal training programs.. earning potential
I really enjoyed my time at Pitney Bowes. It's a great place for a young person to gain exposure to the business world. The internal training programs are excellent.
Be prepared to do a lot of cold calling. It a fast paced environment. There is a have focus on meeting your targets but they will help you if you have the desire to succeed.
good culture with a good work atmosphere
account manager (Current Employee), ajax,onJune 29, 2015
- typical day would consist of managing accounts, building pipeline and contacting clients

- daily decision making and problem solving, able to offer ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgement within ethical boundaries of a sales cycle

- strong communication with peers, always giving and receiving constructive feedback

- the best part of the job was work/life balance
Fun place to work- Happy co-workers
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Richmond HillJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: commissions
Cons: speaking for long hours on the phone
As a Sales Rep for Pitney Bowes, selling Postage Meter to Companies all over the Country to save time in buying postage
when they have the convenience of stamping their letters and
drop it in the post box.
The hardest part of the job is to be on the phone all the time
Co-workers are Happy lot
The happiest is when I sell Postage Meters
Fun working environment but low pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Pitney Bowes has helped me build a network of friends from the work that we have done serving our clients. It was a fun but semi-hazardous working environment because of all that lifting and transporting of packages and boxes to our client's mailroom.

The pay was a very low, but I do recommend this job to anyone looking to enter the office as clerk.
Good company good people but 12hrs shift work night and day is too much
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: 2 long weekends a month
Cons: 2 weeks nights 2 weeks days 12 hrs not fun
Its a great company for those who don't mind the shift work or 3 12 hours days in a row
coworkers are nice and helpful when again there are always some bad apple
Fun, fast fast ,interesting,challenging with a family like environment
Bilingual Customer Care (Former Employee), Ajax ONSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Family Environment
Cons: Many Areas of business sold, moved to US
I have gained valuable experience over the years working with many different areas of business. This has allowed me to gain great knowledge within different areas of business and allows me to provide outstanding customer service
Managed Financial Services Administrator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Agile option, Able to work on your own with minimal supervision
Cons: Not one
Management overall are fun, down to earth and approachable. The ability to grow within company is slower then other companies, however the experience with a department and working with other departments is great!
Excellent work environment
Account manager (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pitney Bowes is a great place to work. The people and culture at Pitney Bowes makes you want to come back to work everyday. I learned a lot from my time here at Pitney Bowes with help from the managment team and support personal I am able to say I and excellent at my position of account manager.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (TELUS contractor) (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 2, 2013
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I had the chance to meet a lot of people and I am proud to say that I was offering them an exceptional customer service experience.
the company has gone through a major culture change
Systems Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 29, 2015
it used to be based on products but now it is based of selling services. It is pleasant to work there for a while until it started shipping all the back office positions to India
Pitney Bowes
Order management specialist (Current Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 21, 2013
I enjoy the people i work with and the managers i report to the most. My managers are very supportive and see the potential i have and give my work that will help me develop and grow more as a employee and a individual
This company has no values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 4, 2013
Pros: benifit package
Cons: bad management
This company will not support their works. Even when you achieve, they never lend support. All they care about is their image to the client. All they care about is profit.
Headquarters