Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Loved working here. Great place to learn and grow as an individual. Management believe in their people. They take chances on individuals. Company environments provides a lot of areas to learn.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary could be better
Great Place to Work
Corperate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for
10 years employed , always trained well, skills updated monthly via conferences and training week long seminars.

Company following Dealer Style Model rather than employee
After 10 years employed company gave a great severance package as well found continued employment, the exact same position with a company that was now handling the contracts for them.

No complaints about upper management and middle management.
Company is primarily now run via the U.S.
Pros
Car Plan, On Going Training
Cons
Went to Dealer Model for Service and Sales
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work. I turn on all the computers. Log in and do the Daily Reports for my Supervisor. I email clients regarding their tracking numbers, status of delivery and any information regarding their shipment. I also call clients to inform them about the status of their shipments. I collect all couriers and process them and delivery them to their clients. I get signatures and follow up with the clients. The hardest part of the job is when you have a dissatisfied client. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you have a satisfied client.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
The hours.
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work includes hours of conference calls, providing ad hoc support, meeting project deadlines, collaborating with team members to reach a consensus on various business decisions, troubleshooting various systems/issues and contributing to the overall operational efficiency of the center.

Challenges include time management and low employee morale as resources are spread too thin to cover all critical requirements. Employees are expected to incorporate more and more tasks into their current role that were previously assigned as separate full time positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team of people and having agile flexibility.
Pros
flexible hours, co-workers, vacation package
Cons
expectations and responsibilities are unrealistic in volume and without fair compensation.
Best career I've ever had
SALES & TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sask. CanadaJanuary 28, 2016
My overall rating above describes my feeling toward the company. The corporate over haul in the late 80's provided the opportunity to move on.
Pros
High profile career
Cons
Corporarte policy change
Good company and free tickets for Raptors game and Maple Leaf Hockey.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Excellent worker with three Buildings mailroom areas.Very helpful to each employee and honest.I learned a lot dealing with management and Training.
Pros
Free lunch and Tickets to a game.
Cons
Long hours and very busy company
Knowledge and experience combined.
Work as the Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
At Pitney Bowes Canada, I aquired 'vast' knowledge/experiences while working there. In many departments. They taught me a lot of what I aquired in business administration and other areas. I'd give Pitney Bowes Canada a A+! They're a great company to be employed with. There were some good and some (not so good) experiences working there. But, the good out waighed the minimum bad, so to speak. Overall, they're a excellent company to work with.
Pros
I likes there staff (year end) party and yearly picnics.
Cons
Breaks and lunch periods... Nobody pressured you.
It was a nice place to work
Manager, Procurement & Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
PBS was a great place to work when it existed. It has since been purchased by an American company. Things are no longer the same.
Guidelines easy to follow
Team Leader Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Great working environment
Working with customers
Traveling from office to office Downtown Toronto
Great team environment
Pros
Guidelines very easy to follow
Agressive selling
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2013
It was required to aggressively target and penetrate key accounts including competitive wins. I would generate new business opportunities by cold calling and prospecting within my territory. It was key to maintain professional relations with current and prospective customers via telephone, email and face-to-face communication. In order to maintain quota the ongoing organization of my sales funnel and monthly forecast was crucial. The reach quota, I deliver comprehensive sales presentations to key decision makers as well as design and negotiate contracts. What was enjoyable was the freedom in the role to be your own boss as well as being able to develop new solutions based on customers needs. It was a very competitive industry and making sales calls is a must.
Pros
great salary/commisions/benefits, freedom within the role
Cons
too much driving withing my territory
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 15, 2016
great company to work for great environment..

great people makes you feel welcome
everything is easy to grasp.
very team oriented
Managed Financial Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 12, 2015
Management overall are fun, down to earth and approachable. The ability to grow within company is slower then other companies, however the experience with a department and working with other departments is great!
Pros
Agile option, Able to work on your own with minimal supervision
Cons
Not one
great people to work with
Professional Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Great people to work with, unfortunately CP is slow to adapt to the changing technology and therefore could not make changes fast enough for a newly developed technology.
Pros
great team
loved the new experience
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCDecember 31, 2015
My day started at 730am. Worked with a great colleague.Showed me
how to use the printers,learned how the mailroom functioned
Pros
free coffee
Cons
trying to resolve issues with the printers
Productive and fun workplace. Great learning Experiences.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 25, 2015
This was a temporary position during the postage rate change period.

A day's work involved the company's clients making inbound calls for assistance preparing and updating their postal machines to be ready for the upcoming new rate changes and then to confirm that the machines were successfully updated.

Learned how to handle call centre phone inquiries.

Management was a wonderful group of people, easy to speak to and always willing to listen and help me at all times.

Co-workers were helpful to each other and loads of fun.

Management staff always positive and provided us with treats and had weekly contests and other incentives. We were constantly motivated to do our best.
Pros
New learning experience. Great Management, Staff and Co-Workers.
good culture with a good work atmosphere
account manager (Current Employee) –  ajax,onJune 29, 2015
- typical day would consist of managing accounts, building pipeline and contacting clients

- daily decision making and problem solving, able to offer ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgement within ethical boundaries of a sales cycle

- strong communication with peers, always giving and receiving constructive feedback

- the best part of the job was work/life balance
overall great place to work
Document Controll (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 1, 2014
Busy with outside Venders and data collection.
How to manage my time and complete document distribution.
All managers were excellent to work for.
Very friendly and helpful .
Leaving when the shut my department down.
Just coming to work everyday and knowing I did a good job.
Pros
benifits and experince working in the oil and gas.
Cons
that the job ended and i had to start all over.
Fun, fast fast ,interesting,challenging with a family like environment
Bilingual Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Ajax ONSeptember 8, 2015
I have gained valuable experience over the years working with many different areas of business. This has allowed me to gain great knowledge within different areas of business and allows me to provide outstanding customer service
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Many Areas of business sold, moved to US
Enjoyed working here
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed working for pitney bowes, it was a fun place to work thanks to the other team members, and the clietns. The couriers were great to us at the shipping desk!
High level customer service and client care
National Account Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  AjaxSeptember 7, 2015
Amazing team, fantastic and demanding clients. Provided very high level of administrative support for Sales. Worked closely with all internal departments to resolve clients and sales issues.