Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Work Responsibilities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 March 2017
Processed inquires and disputes by telephone, in a prompt and courteous manners

Very friendly place to work. I enjoyed working with my peers and management team.
100 Year old company with a future
Strategic Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Pitney Bowes is an organization that is finding its way through the decline of its physical mail operations and moving into a digital world. For the most part, they are succeeding and should survive another 100 years.

Like any organization, during periods of transition, new talent is brought in, not necessarily understanding the business, while old-time stalwarts cling to their positions and block progress.

PB will find its way through this period and will emerge successfully in a world that bridges physical and digital commerce.

I'd recommend Pitney Bowes, however be aware that like all large orgranizations things move both quickly (change) and slowly (progress).
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Acronym heavy organization
Performance driven and rewarding environment.
PRODUCT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 February 2017
Respond to customer inquiries and perform equipment diagnostics.
Excellent management and workplace core values.
Performance based incentives and great team environment.
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 February 2017
It's a stable job, good environment. The manegement is good, they are very helpful. It's a good opportunity to get some experience in customer service. There is however not many opportunities for advancement. The position you get is pretty stable.
Okay
Document Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Nothing bad to say about it, nothing too glowing to say about it either. It was a great learning experience but at a cost! I was young and could soldier on through it all, so I keep it as a good memory!
Pros
Close to where I lived. Good boss. Lovely co workers
A great place to work.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 December 2016
In a typical day, I answer many phone calls. I love that I am able to converse with people, and when hanging up, I am happy to know that I've made their day less frustrating and much brighter.
Management is great. They are always there and are very pleasant to work for.
My co-worker are friendly and we all are there for each other if assistance is needed.
There is no hard part about my job.
I am a people person and by the end of each phone call, I feel a great sense of satisfaction in knowing that I've been able answer and fulfill the callers inquiries.
Pros
within 10 minutes from my home
Cons
Not enough pay
Hard worker who is determined to succeed
Order Management Specialist/Integrity Team (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 September 2016
A typical day at work is completing defect reports with a deadline. Worked independently and as a close team. Processing orders on a daily basis and also multi tasking on a day to day basis. Worked month end hours to ensure sales reps received their commissions and ensuring customer receives equipment. The Management and employees are amazing, always willing to help when it is needed. I enjoyed working for Pitney Bowes. Was an amazing experience from a learning aspect and the employees as well.
Pros
Great hours and great people to work with.
Cons
Long hours at month end (14 hour days) All worth it in the end.
A good company
Communications (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
Starting in a mailroom you can move up to team leads and managers of the different sites the company is located in. From working in copy centres to lawyer offices there are many areas to choose from.
Good company and free tickets for Raptors game and Maple Leaf Hockey.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Excellent worker with three Buildings mailroom areas.Very helpful to each employee and honest.I learned a lot dealing with management and Training.
Pros
Free lunch and Tickets to a game.
Cons
Long hours and very busy company
It was a nice place to work
Manager, Procurement & Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
PBS was a great place to work when it existed. It has since been purchased by an American company. Things are no longer the same.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
A typical day at work. I turn on all the computers. Log in and do the Daily Reports for my Supervisor. I email clients regarding their tracking numbers, status of delivery and any information regarding their shipment. I also call clients to inform them about the status of their shipments. I collect all couriers and process them and delivery them to their clients. I get signatures and follow up with the clients. The hardest part of the job is when you have a dissatisfied client. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you have a satisfied client.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
The hours.
Guidelines easy to follow
Team Leader Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2016
Great working environment
Working with customers
Traveling from office to office Downtown Toronto
Great team environment
Pros
Guidelines very easy to follow
Great Place to Work
Corperate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 February 2016
This is a great company to work for
10 years employed , always trained well, skills updated monthly via conferences and training week long seminars.

Company following Dealer Style Model rather than employee
After 10 years employed company gave a great severance package as well found continued employment, the exact same position with a company that was now handling the contracts for them.

No complaints about upper management and middle management.
Company is primarily now run via the U.S.
Pros
Car Plan, On Going Training
Cons
Went to Dealer Model for Service and Sales
Productive and Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2016
Loved working here. Great place to learn and grow as an individual. Management believe in their people. They take chances on individuals. Company environments provides a lot of areas to learn.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary could be better
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 February 2016
great company to work for great environment..

great people makes you feel welcome
everything is easy to grasp.
very team oriented
Best career I've ever had
SALES & TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sask. Canada28 January 2016
My overall rating above describes my feeling toward the company. The corporate over haul in the late 80's provided the opportunity to move on.
Pros
High profile career
Cons
Corporarte policy change
loved the new experience
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC31 December 2015
My day started at 730am. Worked with a great colleague.Showed me
how to use the printers,learned how the mailroom functioned
Pros
free coffee
Cons
trying to resolve issues with the printers
great people to work with
Professional Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2015
Great people to work with, unfortunately CP is slow to adapt to the changing technology and therefore could not make changes fast enough for a newly developed technology.
Pros
great team
Knowledge and experience combined.
Work as the Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
At Pitney Bowes Canada, I aquired 'vast' knowledge/experiences while working there. In many departments. They taught me a lot of what I aquired in business administration and other areas. I'd give Pitney Bowes Canada a A+! They're a great company to be employed with. There were some good and some (not so good) experiences working there. But, the good out waighed the minimum bad, so to speak. Overall, they're a excellent company to work with.
Pros
I likes there staff (year end) party and yearly picnics.
Cons
Breaks and lunch periods... Nobody pressured you.
Managed Financial Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2015
Management overall are fun, down to earth and approachable. The ability to grow within company is slower then other companies, however the experience with a department and working with other departments is great!
Pros
Agile option, Able to work on your own with minimal supervision
Cons
Not one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.