Pita Pit Employee Reviews

Positive environment & good food
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 August 2017
Pita pit was a good place to work it helped me improve my customer service skills and efficiency making food and taking orders. Its a good place to work for minimum wage.
fun easy place to work if you need a job
Server (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON19 August 2017
You are always moving either prepping food for the next day or washing dishes or serving people. I learned more about communication skills when serving people, the preparing of vegetables, how to close a till and clean a grill when closing.
Pros
get a full experience of cashier and serving food
Cons
very inconvenient
good staff, clean enviroment, good food
Pita Maker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 August 2017
a typical day at work would include serving customers, cooking their food on the grill dressing their pitas with the toppings they choose, clean grill,
Pros
good customers
Cons
price of food
Amazing atmosphere
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 August 2017
Throughout my employment at Pita Pit I made friends that I still have today. The owner of our store was very involved and would always help out with any problem when needed. I loved being an employee at Pita Pit and would very much work here again.
Review of Pita Pit
Sandwich Artist & Prep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON6 August 2017
A typical day at Pita Pit is fast pace and there is a lot to prep and cooking to do. I learned a lot at Pita Pit and my favourite part was interacting with costumers
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Didn't get breaks
Pita pit
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Islington, ON11 July 2017
Pita pit was a great place to work, the people are awesome and the work switches up a lot so you dont get bored of doing one thing. coming up with new pita creations was pretty great too.
work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 July 2017
place is there and you work anit a bad place to work will love the staff. owner ship is good as well smoothies are great. no tips are given. givene to charty
Pros
great staff
Cons
no tip
food prep
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 July 2017
a lot of customer interactions providing them there food orders.
face paced and busy restaurant especially during the late night hours. was very flexible as i was in college at the time.
Stressful
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 June 2017
Working in food should have more than 2 people at a time working the floor. Very important in this situation as it is in the downtown area near public transportation. Poor training. Two employees on Sundays expected during an 8 hour shift both alone to prep, clean the whole store top to bottom all the while dealing with customers. Fun place, not enjoyable as an employee.
Easy work, difficult management.
General Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2017
Working for Pita Pit as a whole is an easygoing experience with plenty to do and much to look after. Unfortunately, in my experience at two locations, management has often been given to those with a very biased disposition. Without embellishing, I can admit that hours are freely given and taken away, and schedules often outside your comfortable schedule. Atop of that, the issue arises where should you appear complacent, you will be the first to be assigned shifts others ask off for, often without consent. Be wary of management, but overall I recommend the workplace.
great place to start out
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON12 June 2017
Worked here for 5 years. Great place to work especially for students. Extremely flexible and easy to have fun during shifts. There is tons of responsibility to pick up in order to gain more experiences.
Pros
flexible work hours, lots of hours, room to grow, fun, team environment, head office always helpful, etc.
Cons
late weekend shifts
I loved working at Pita Pit. My boss was awesone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 June 2017
The Pita Pit was an awesome and fun company to work for. My co-workers were great and everybody was very respectful and easy to get along with. My boss was very flexible with hours I worked and really tried to accommodate me as I have kids.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
short staffed
Fun, Interesting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 June 2017
I enjoyed working here but the people are not very welcoming to new people coming in, you must be able to work until late in the night and early mornings.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 May 2017
very welcoming and happy environment. is a good place to work. owner is very nice and understanding. would recommend to anyone in need of a full time or part time job
It was a great place to work at and I enjoyed it alot
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 May 2017
I absolutely loved working there.
The employees were all super nice and accepting
The work isn't extremely hard either
Clean up is quite simple
It's a friendly environment
Pros
Sweet discount
Cons
There really weren't any
interacting with customers and handling food
Supervisor / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 May 2017
• Provided excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintained customer accounts and prepared service reports by collecting, updating and analyzing account information.
The management here was terrible.
Cashier, Prep associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 May 2017
This place is horrible to work at. The only reason I worked here for the time that I did was because I needed the job. The management tries to suck you dry with time and then blames you for not finishing your work on time, and refuses to pay you for the entirety of your shift. He tries his best to take advantage of his workers AND the customers. He also charges customers extras whenever he can and does not give people receipts unless asked so that they do not notice the extra charges.
what i learned
Food Preparation, Cleaner, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 May 2017
The day were great, i learn how to talk to people, and solve problems that may happen during the work day, the hardest part of the day was raising my voice for the orders because i have a really quiet voice, and i don't like to raise my voice.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
nothing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB19 April 2017
typical day at work is good if you have the right people to work with. i learned what not to do in the store aspect of the job. management sucks. workplace culture sucked so much tension. the hardest part of my job was to tell others what to do because of they were doing their job properly and the enjoyable part of the job was to make the customers happy and satisfied
Pros
50% off of your meal
Cons
needs better management and team sports
Part-Time Crew Member
Part-time Crew Member (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB12 April 2017
Providing excellent customer service,Prepare menu items,Prepping food and work stations,Maintain restaurant equipment, Ensure the restaurant is clean.
Pros
Employee discount