Pita Pit Employee Reviews

Very positive environment with excellent co-workers.
Pita Pit staff (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 February 2018
At Pita Pit, I would usually make pitas for the customers and prepared the food in the kitchen. I would also help with cleaning and dishes. I learned how to use the cash register and how to maintain a quick service restaurant. I also learned how to balance my school, personal and work life properly. Most importantly I learned how to get a long and work along side my co-workers and customers. I got to know the Pita Pit staff very closely and had a great work experience with them. They were always positive and made working there a great learning experience. My managers and co-workers listened to my opinions and treated me very fairly. The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything was done before the end of the night, especially on busy days. The best part of working at pita pit was my fantastic co-workers and customers. Almost everybody I came across were very nice.
Pros
Positive environment and great hours
Cons
Heavy work load
Wonderful staff and work ethic
Cashier, grill , front station (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 February 2018
Very good place to work staff was very friendly and tried to work around your sceduals, was harder sometimes to get shifts but over all a very good place to work if you were hired as full time and not part time
Pros
Great people
Cons
long hours on your feet
Fun work place poor management, poor salary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS9 February 2018
Management bully people , saw this happen in many different occasions! Salary is very low for the amount of work a responsibility there was on each person!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very fast paced with short window of time to get more then one persons worth of work done ! Low pay
WORST management ever.
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2018
after working for many different managers and never experiencing a problem, I started working at pita pit where I was treated like absolute garbage. This job had terrible management and even worse owners. not only did they not care about their employees but they also belittled them and were extremely condescending.
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
everything was awful
High Paced Small Kitchen Close Contact with Customers
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 January 2018
At Pita Pit you must be able to adapt quickly, it is a very high paced work place. As well you need to be a very personable person who can speak with customers throughout the whole process of their order. You need to make sure their experience is a good one and that they remember that the staff was friendly and that they would go back. We did all our own prep in the back and some was fresh right from the market, ie we cut and diced our own tomatoes same with green peppers and onions. We even bought fresh romain lettuce and washed and cut (we went through a lot in a day ). We would do these daily while also keeping the store looking nice and more importantly clean. While always making sure the customer was attended too.I have alot of good memories of the Pita Pit i worked at. My duty as a key holder was to cose the store essentially every night or every shift i was on. This included extra responsibilities and some being very important such as making sure things are off (no fires) and all doors are locked.
Pros
I got to meet and become good friends with many of my customers, brightened my day seeing them come in.
Cons
can get very hectic during lunch and dinner rush, unfortunately high turnover rate.
Fine palce to work part time
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 January 2018
Fine for a student job. Flexible hours, simple job overall. Consisted of making food, serving customers, using a cash register and cleaning. Lots of teamwork with other employees.
Very fun place to work with amazing people
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON19 January 2018
It is a great place to make your money in a very fun environment . When you enter the store everyone has a nice smile on their faces and greet you in a very warm fashion
Alright
Pita Artist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 January 2018
Was a great place to work for good team work and decent customers. The main owner was relaxed and awesome unfortunally his partner did have moments when she would ask like she was a teenager. But on her good days she was a great boss. I loved working there I just needed to make a change.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
unrealiable teammates and stressful moments
Fun Job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON9 January 2018
Flexible job. Great work environment. Travelling to events was enjoyable and fun. Always fast pace. Employee's easy to work with and job was easy to learn.
chill atmosphere, great workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 January 2018
I loved working at pita pit. everyone is so friendly towards one another, it really is like a big family! I, unfortunately, had to quit due to personal issues but it was a great experience
good concept badly run
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 January 2018
pita pit was a fun place where you really got to know the regulars but over all i think that the company was badly run and even more so badly managed.
Pros
discount
Cons
chaotic
Really great establishment to work for
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK26 December 2017
it was a joy to have the oppurtunity to contribute to pita pits brand and it is sad that i will be leaving it. I have been there for 20 years and i loved every minute of it!
Enthusiastic workplace
Pita Artist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 December 2017
Pita Pit is a great workplace for students and young adults.
Its is a very positive environment and they're very flexible when it comes to work hours and availability.
Pros
young and friendly work environment
Cons
minimum wage, cutting onions
Typical job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 December 2017
My typical day at work is usually working days, 8-3. It was a very laid back environment, great people to work with. Never really stressed. Boss was never really in. Trusted the staff and me (the manager)
Pros
Free pitas.
No comment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 December 2017
Great job for a person new to the work force. Late nights are hard. Not a career choice. Pays what the job is worth, minimum. .....................
Horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 December 2017
This was a horrible work place and the management is really bad I wouldn’t want anybody to ever have to work here it’s horribke they should be shut down
Pros
Free food
management sucks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 November 2017
Literally all I can say is that the management sucks. Turnover is awful because no one really likes it there and the hours are inconsistent and can be very stressful.
Great working enviroment
Kitchen Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 November 2017
A good place to work just need to keep doing your job properly. The environment is good and I like the people there. Overall good place although I think the security needs some work.
nothing special, but not a terrible place to work
Pita Preparer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 November 2017
made pitas
dealt with customers
poor management
easy work
not much structure
made minimum wage
didn't get enough hours to make ends meet
workplace culture was decent
keyholder
Key-holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 November 2017
The job that i was hired for was very good, but toward the end of my employment I was asked to do more than my share of the work load without being appreciated
Pros
good work relations with staff
Cons
rules werent being followed