Pisiquid Canoe Club, founded in 1975, is located on the shores of the beautiful Lake Pisiquid in Windsor, Nova Scotia. Pisiquid maintains a unique identity and has produced athletes who have competed at national, junior world and world events including previous Canada Games, Pan American Games and most recently the 2012 Summer Olympics (Ryan Cochrane).
Today Pisiquid Canoe Club's mission is to provide a rewarding and exciting sprint canoe/kayak experience for all ages. Our focus is on children between the ages of 7-18 as well as masters paddlers. Our club encourages the growth of its members through participation, competition and fun. The goal of our club is to transition into a year-round club that consistently produces competitive athletes.
Pisiquid Canoe Club is actively seeking (2) Assistant Coaches for our summer program. The position would be for the months of July and August and salary would be based on experience. The ideal candidate for this position possesses the following:
- Standard first aid and CPR training;
- Competent swimmer
- Level I NCCP or the equivalent certification in the new NCCP Model, which includes the three streams; Community Sport, Competition and Instruction.
- Previous supervisory, recreation, and/ or paddling experience are preferred.
- Pleasure craft operators permit (can be provided by PCC);
- An interest in paddling would be an asset;
- Subject to criminal record/child abuse registry check.
- Plan and implement appropriate practices which aim to improve athlete skill development and physical fitness, and which encourage participation and teamwork among all athletes.
- Respect and promote the PCC’s policies regarding fair play and equity to all members
- Assist in the execution of special events and/or fundraisers
- Attend and co-ordinate regattas with PCC athletes when the athletes they coach are involved, and ensure that the value of regattas is demonstrated to all athletes and parents
- Assist in trailer loading and unloading at all regattas
- Perform any and all other duties as required by the Board of the Pisiquid Canoe Club
For more information or to forward an application please email,
Commodore – Pisiquid Canoe Club
Deadline for applications – March 25th, 2013
We thank everyone for their interest in this position, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pisiquid Canoe Club exists today to provide both recreational and competitive paddling experience, in both canoe and kayak disciplines to an...