Pioneer

Pioneer Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NOT IN MY FIELD
Customer Service (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 27, 2014
ROUTINE WAS OK,Starts with tally the money and check reports, learned excellent customer service and the management was really supportive.Co-workers are really helpful.The hardest part was to do inventory and ordering,each week was different,,and the most enjoyable was networking through customers
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
fun workplace
easy to get along with others
understanding management
corn detassler
corn detassler (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 20, 2014
I detassle corn stalks in a fast enivorment the hardest part of the job was the heat
nice people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: worked alone
cleaning rooms all day then laundry and wash bathrooms clean floors and walls hardest part was getting tasks done in time i enjoyed meeting new people form all around the world
Corn Detassling
Labourer (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 14, 2014
Cons: very hot; standing on your feet for long hours.
Have to stand/ walk repetitively for long hours in the early morning dew and the humid hot air in the afternoons.
Nice place to work in
Gas Station Retailer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2014
detassiling
Corndetassiling (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: getting sunburn
- amazing new people
- all different types of weather changing
- outside at all times
- short breaks
- being at a different location every time well starting a new filed
terrible job
Gas station attendant (Former Employee), barrie onFebruary 10, 2014
Typical day consists of:
- cleaning inside/outside of store
- taking garbage out
- dealing with customers

management:
- boss was constantly late or didn't show up
Service Station Manager (Former Employee), Milton, OnJanuary 16, 2014
Good environment and got along well with the co-workers
Costumers are fairly nice
loved working in the fitting room area
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnJuly 27, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Cons: not enough hours
This job was a lot of fun, kept me on my feet. Ive learnt so much about keeping environment really clean and .organized. I learn so much about cash register tills and how to deal with money.
Difficult minimum wage job with little job security; but friendly co-workers.
Corn Detassler (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 7, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: long hours, minimum wage, corrupted management
The work day starts at 6 am and can last till 5 pm. This can cause some personal issues; especially when the weather becomes very hot, which is most of the season. I worked specifically for a corn detassling crew.

The management of that crew was unsatisfactory. There were many times, especially of late, where they made unfulfilled promises and put – more... my life at risk. Once, we were in a thunderstorm which kept leaving and returning. In fear of their lives, many crew members wanted to go home. These members were fired because they didnt want to be shocked by lightning. In this, I found that the management seemed to care more about the job being completed than the safety of its' workers.

The pay was minimum wage and the only way to advance in pay was to join clean up crew; which gave a couple more dollars an hour. The job was very demanding either way. If you didn't put your full effort and energy in doing a quick and efficent job, you were most likely to lose your job within a week. I found myself to be extremely exhausted at the end of a work day and several crew members agreed with me.

My co-workers were friendly however. We were able to relate to each other and understood the pressure on each of us. This did give us more encouragement to help each other out and work to the best of our ability to get the job done.

From all of this I learned how to push myself beyond my own limits, working even when exhausted. I also learned to work with others, aiding them in their time of need so they would later do the same for me. – less
A fun workplace
Pioneer LTD (Former Employee), Carmen MBJanuary 16, 2013
I learned to be outside a whole day.
The best part was lunch because it was in the shadow.
The hardest part was beiing in the sun that long
I was very productive and pulled out the tastles off the top of corn stocks.
Corn Detastling (Former Employee), Chatham KentJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: i got to work hard, be outside and listen to music
Cons: only lasted one month
Every day from Monday-Saturday in my Summer break from school I would wake up early, catch a bus in Sarnia, to a field in Chatham and work in mud, spider webs, rain and in corn fields. I learned that corn pollinates into other corn stocks that don't have a tastle and makes corn bigger and juicier. Over all, I enjoyed that job, I didn't mind working – more... in the mud and rain. I made it every day and achieved the big bonus of 75 cents on every hour worked worked bonus. – less
loading and unloading (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: alot of work and free food
Cons: messy and bad benefits
A typical work day was a lot of work to do after an event. The management could have been better along with the benefits. My co-workers were enjoyable and interesting. There was never anything that seem to hard because as long as I was focused I knew I could accomplish the task. I just enjoyable working in the field.
being a part of a team that is sucessfull
tool pusher "rig manager" (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2014
Pros: the pay is good and relation ships you make
Cons: time away from family
Intresting and challenging.
I have learned threw the years not all hands learn the same way and you can learn things from guys who have never been in this industry.
in a management posision you are more than a manager, sometimes you are a baby sitter, counsler, judge, jury, mechanic, friend, foe, leader, it can be a crazy job!
Most enjoy working for – more... me and with me I try to make the best workplace enviorment for everyone but sometimes that's not how it works out.
Well problems of course, having to terminate employes but its part of the job,
The comaradery and achievements – less
A friendly environment to work around
temp. job through Elwood staffing (Former Employee), Plymouth, INOctober 28, 2014
Although it was a temporary job from Elwood staffing, the employees were kind and friendly and most of the workers from what i could tell were really hard workers.
productive
Deburr tech 1 (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2014
nice place to work and great people to work with. the jobs are in high demand so theres always work and there is always someone there to help you if you have any questions.
It was really fun
Detasseler (Former Employee), Portage, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lunch everyday, pretty often breaks
Cons: weather, waking up early
We would work from 7am to usually 2pm, i learned how to detassel and that its really fun. The management was great, stern but still really friendly and knew how to handle teenagers. My co-workers were relatively great,I would usually stay with friends so I never had a problem.I am very quiet due to that no one really tried to bother me or anything. – more... The hardest part was waking up early and the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part was pulling out the tassels and talking to my mangers and friends. – less
Great company to work with to get a good start in the oil field.
Rigger (Former Employee), La Rose, LAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: excellent job for learning how to be an able bodied seaman
Cons: pay
A typical day at work involves offloading and backloading cargo from the oil rig.
Poorly maintained and managed
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita FallsAugust 5, 2014
Very depressing place to work with no room for advancement or raises.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pioneer

Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. – Read more