Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical
Detasseler (Former Employee), Chatham-KentNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good people and fun working environment
Cons: minimal days off
Was like any typical farm job. Hard work, small pay, decent people.
Job details
Temporary Agricultural Worker (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 30, 2013
- I worked long hours, rain or shine, hot or cold 7 days a week. It was a good way to gain experience being on my feet for long periods of time and getting used to waking up early every day.

- I worked a lot with large umber's of people and enjoyed it. My manager's were always helpful and kind and did their best to keep up with every workers requests and problems.

The hardest part was knowing it was only seasonal, My favorite part was working with everyone, training new people and keeping fit and motivated.
Summer job but only seasonal
Corn Detasseling (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONJuly 13, 2013
Pros: two 15 min brakes paid, new friends.
Cons: hot, humid and wet.
I do like the corn field, you get 4-8 hours a day. But you never know what to expect. Sometimes the mornings are wet from the dew and cooler, some times they are dry and hot. There are plenty of insects, mud and dirt. We work rain or shine. The hardest part of the job is always hot and humid, We are expected to wear long sleeve shirts and pants. In the morning you are usually wet from the dew. The most enjoyable part is making friends, getting money and sometimes having fun while doing your hard job.
I learned I can do anything I can put my mind to, I learned not to quit or give up.
Pleasant place to work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Ridgetown, ONMay 19, 2013
Pros: friendly environment and kept me physically active
Cons: seasonal
- pleasant coworkers
- well maintained workplace
- management was easily approachable
- allowed for a change of scenery throughout the work season
I very like to work there
Sorting (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: sometime you will get free lunch
Cons: long hour and overtime was ok with me
The people are very friendly they work together. You learn as you go and I get along with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job some days was hard on your back and cold. The most enjoyable part of the job everyone work as a team.

About Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Join the Pioneer team and you'll become part of an organization that has continued to advance agricultural production for nearly – Read more