Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job details
Temporary Agricultural Worker (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 30, 2013
- I worked long hours, rain or shine, hot or cold 7 days a week. It was a good way to gain experience being on my feet for long periods of time and getting used to waking up early every day.

- I worked a lot with large umber's of people and enjoyed it. My manager's were always helpful and kind and did their best to keep up with every workers requests – more... and problems.

The hardest part was knowing it was only seasonal, My favorite part was working with everyone, training new people and keeping fit and motivated. – less
Summer job but only seasonal
Corn Detasseling (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONJuly 13, 2013
Pros: two 15 min brakes paid, new friends.
Cons: hot, humid and wet.
I do like the corn field, you get 4-8 hours a day. But you never know what to expect. Sometimes the mornings are wet from the dew and cooler, some times they are dry and hot. There are plenty of insects, mud and dirt. We work rain or shine. The hardest part of the job is always hot and humid, We are expected to wear long sleeve shirts and pants. In – more... the morning you are usually wet from the dew. The most enjoyable part is making friends, getting money and sometimes having fun while doing your hard job.
I learned I can do anything I can put my mind to, I learned not to quit or give up. – less
Pleasant place to work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Ridgetown, ONMay 19, 2013
Pros: friendly environment and kept me physically active
Cons: seasonal
- pleasant coworkers
- well maintained workplace
- management was easily approachable
- allowed for a change of scenery throughout the work season
I very like to work there
Sorting (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: sometime you will get free lunch
Cons: long hour and overtime was ok with me
The people are very friendly they work together. You learn as you go and I get along with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job some days was hard on your back and cold. The most enjoyable part of the job everyone work as a team.
Productive and busy.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Woodland, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: got along with my co-workers.
The workday was really great.I learn how to condition the seeds.My supervisor was really great.I like working with my co-workers.Was leaving the job when it was done.When people were friendly.
Nice place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2014
Very flexible work time, co-workers are super nice and helpful, everytime when I have a question or need help, they are always there and ready to help.
Busy Warehouse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAJune 12, 2014
The branch location I worked for is a distribution warehouse facility. The warehouse is a busy place with deliveries arriving and orders shipping out. My time in the office was mainly spent working with the corporate office in relation to HR, AP and AR. I also assisted with taking customer orders and assisting with logistics of shipping out customer – more... orders. – less
Good job, lack of security
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: works hours
Cons: lack of work
I thoroughly enjoyed this position, but, lack of job security
Pioneer production plant was a very pro employee oriented environment. The management team was very fair and maintained an open door policy.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: freedom to interact with employees
Cons: several meetings required - effected productivity
My position as safety coordinator required flexibility from day to day and hour to hour. There was always something new on an almost daily basis. Management allowed me to set my own agenda with the exception of required daily and weekly meetings.
I started on the production side and after there for a year, was moved into the safety coordinator position – more... with little knowledge or safety experience. Management allowed me to learn and grow at my own pace and encouraged me to attend meetings and educational seminars, etc. to expand my knowledge.
There was a support group of piers at other locations along with corporate expertise that was always available.
I would say the most challenging thing was an ever changing expectation and additional added responsibilities dictated by corporate. Sometimes it was difficult to maintain or track all these expectations, goals, etc. and understand their relevance.
The high point of my experience with Pioneer was the employees from top to bottom. They are the most solid folks I ever worked with in my years of employment. They were very customer oriented, quality driven and goal oriented. The safety of the employees, contractors and vendors was priority one. Company benefits were also very good. – less
Productive and hard work
Intern (Former Employee), SalinasJanuary 10, 2014
This work was a good experience. I learned fertilization techniques and identify nutritional deficiencies in plants. We were a hardworking team that gave the maximum.
Field Scout and Assisant
Area Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), Worthington, INNovember 8, 2013
I was responsible for different tasks while at Pioneer. I was a scout for a summer looking for bugs and disease within our production fields. The next summer I was responsible for the detasseling of corn and purity related to it.
Great people and interesting work.
Temporary Research Assistant (Former Employee), Johnston, IAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: great cafeteria.
I was a temporary employee, so the job security was an issue, but other than that this was a good place to work. The people were friendly and the work was interesting.
Summer Help (Former Employee), Volga, SDSeptember 23, 2013
If your interested in plant science or anything agriculture Pioneer is a great place to work
Cotton seed job
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Vernon, TXSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: pay was really low
Supervisor the production fields of cotton seed.Company was fair to work for, but its out of business.
Great work environment
Field Worker (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARSeptember 18, 2013
Working at Pioneer was a very enjoyable part of my life. I love to work outside and I love to work with my hands which made this the perfect place for me to work whenever I was in high school and earlier stages of college. Generally the days dealt with all of us going out into the field and taking tissue samples of all of the plants for research. On – more... days that we did not do this we would do odd jobs around the shop and on occasions I would have to make deliveries to other branches of Pioneer. It was a great place to work along with great co-workers who were very good people. – less
different for me
mapping department (Former Employee), Johnston, IAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: was a temp.
never worked in an office for 8 hours of the day before. very fun place to work, if things where different I would try to go back.
Field and Plants Auditor (Former Employee), Salinas, PRAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great overall
Cons: temporary
Great place to work, great supervisors, learn a lot but only temporary.
Detassling and Derouging Career
dettasler and derouger (Former Employee), Cuba, ILMay 4, 2013
Pros: meeting new people!
Cons: weather conditions varied
I started detassling when I was in seventh grade.. I was very nervous at first but warmed up very quickly. A typical day consisted of pulling tassels or derouging tall stalks of corn. I learned to work with a variety of people I did not know. I worked with kids my age from other schools, and unemployed adults that needed a job. Getting up at 3:45 a.m. – more... every morning got easier as the summer went on. The worst days were when it was well over 90 degrees and we had a long field that day. I think the best part of the job was definitely being able to work at a fast pace and meet new people. – less
very productive
Corn Pollinator (Former Employee), Princeton, ILApril 29, 2013
Pros: good pay, nice tan
Cons: short breaks, hot days
Most days were long and hot, but was worth it in the long run because pay was good and you usually got a nice tan out of it. Management was very nice to work with. Co-workers were kids my age and younger. Hardest part of job was when it was extremely hot out. The most enjoyable was getting paid.
Good job but not long enough
Detasseling Forman/Temp. Ag Worker (Former Employee), Johnston, IAApril 29, 2013
Pros: being outdoors
Cons: no benefits
A typical day was driving a pc (personnel carrier) machine with 12 kids down the rows of corn. First time experience in driving a pc machine

1 2 3

About Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Join the Pioneer team and you'll become part of an organization that has continued to advance agricultural production for nearly – Read more