The operator is responsible for receiving raw materials, ingredients and packaging into the plant. The operator will ship finished product from the freezer to the off- site storage. The operator will completed the appropriate documentation to ensure lot traceability and company requirements are met. This position will cover the weekend shift and a couple of shifts during the week, as needed.
- Verifies trailer condition and product documentation prior to unloading raw materials and packaging
- Unload raw materials and packaging and moves to appropriate location in the plant
- Verify all operating conditions outlined on the product specifications master and document as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinates storage of raw materials with Raw Preparation personnel
- Coordinates with Pack off to ensure finished product is staged for shipping to off site storage and staged to master packaging for reconditioning
- Ships finished product from the freezer to off site storage and completes appropriate documentation
- Proper lockout of equipment and following of all safety requirements
Back up to the other shipper/receivers as needed
Duties as assigned by Supervisor
- 5+ years of experience using a forklift
- A valid forklift license
- Ability to read and understand oral and written directions
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions and calculation of percentages)
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP,SQF and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.)
We thank all interested applicants, but only candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.