Maintenance Supervisor - Williams Lake
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc – British Columbia
In operation for over twenty years, Pinnacle is the longest established pellet producer in Canada. Located in the heart of the lumber industry in central B.C., Pinnacle has access to excellent and abundant sources of raw materials. Pinnacle produces a variety of products including softwood pellet fuel, animal bedding and natural sorbent. Today, the company operates six pellet plants across British Columbia producing millions of tonnes annually. As a rapidly expanding company, we are looking for the right candidate to join our Williams Lake team.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading their team to achieve Pinnacle’s common goals of safety, product quality and delivery of the plant. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will have a strong emphasis on coaching and leadership to optimize employee performance in accordance with safety procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance staff in the manufacturing of pellets ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of employees including internal and external training;
- Implements existing production plans and makes adjustments as directed or as is necessary to produce products within the required specifications.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with all production employees.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for all quality systems
- Active involvement in the plant's OH&S Committee.
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Proficient with web-based computer programs and Microsoft office
- Additional courses favourable: Confined Space, Fall Arrest, Heavy Equipment Operator, Train the Trainer certifications
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe BC Regulations, provincial and federal regulatory requirements
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Effective leadership skills to work independently and as part of a team
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Pinnacle Renewable Energy Group, a private company founded by the Swaan family of Quesnel, has been in operation for over twenty years and...