Salary/Pay: TBD - based on skills, efficiency & experience
Hours/Season: Spring, summer, fall. We offer flexible, part-time contract work.
Locations: Our office is located in east Vancouver. The majority of our in-the-field programs/school-based programs run in the Maple Ridge area and throughout the Lower Mainland, and range from half-day activities and events to overnight retreats – both urban and wilderness based. This position would best suit someone who is adaptable to various locations and programs. Owning or having access to your own vehicle would be beneficial.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
Pinnacle Pursuits is a Vancouver-based company founded in 1997. We are an outdoor education, adventure-training and team building event company that works with both corporations and youth. We are currently recruiting contract staff for the spring, summer and fall. We encourage people to apply with experience and backgrounds in education/teaching and/or outdoor instruction/guiding/camp-based experiences. We are looking for people who are experienced, energetic, healthy, responsible, mature, and have a positive inspiring approach to life. For more information, please visit our website at www.pinnaclepursuits.com.
Desired skills/ experience may include a combination of the following:
- Relevant experience, background, work history & education
- Knowledge of program risk-management & assessment
- Experience in leadership, team-building, & group facilitation
- Belay and safety skills for top-rope rock-climbing, rappelling, &/or high ropes
- Low & High Ropes Course Instruction
- Flat Water Canoeing
- Working knowledge of ecology, outdoor, environment education
- Class 4 or 5 Drivers License
- Current First Aid and CPR "C"
- Wilderness First Aid (Intermediate or Advanced)
- Specialized skills in archery, camp craft, orienteering, canoeing, high ropes, rappelling, rock climbing, low ropes
Remuneration: Based on experience, qualifications, commitment and availability.
Please send cover letter, resume and references. Subject: instructor employment. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.