Given the nature of the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier as a unique, boutique style property, the FD Agent / Night Auditor will serve as an ambassador for the Hotel and must be a multi-functional individual who is driven to always exceed our residents & guests’ expectations with an attention for detail. The individual possesses strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude towards their work and their fellow colleagues handling extreme pressure situations as they occur. Computer and word processing are necessary along with decision-making and problem solving skills.
Specific Duties and/or Job Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous, prompt, professional and attentive guest service up to 5 Diamond Standards at all times whilst on the desk.
- Promote the property in your interactions and possess a sound knowledge of the surrounding area and activities
- To be an ambassador for the hotel to our guests and the residents of the Pier.
- Maintain a good working relationship and communication amongst all guests, residents and colleagues.
- Keeping yourself aware of procedural and/or policy changes by reviewing the log book and memo board upon shift arrival; record important and relevant items as required therein
- Cashiering duties including posting charges, handling an individual cash float, debit, credit cards and billing settlements rectifying any/all outages and/or shortages before the conclusion of your shift
- Completion in detail of all duties assigned on the Night Auditor’s Checklist, with regards to all the negative postings, checking complimentary rooms, room rates , nightly flash report and processing all no-shows from the night.
- Assist with any software updates that are required over the night shift.
- Keep the lobby, front desk and back office areas clean and clear of clutter
- Answer and direct the multi-line telephone console calls in a professional and consistent manner responding to any inquiries.
- Welcome guests to the hotel upon arrival using their name when possible to do so.
- Addressing and resolving guest concerns in a timely manner escalating issues to the Guest Services Manager when you are unable to resolve. Communicate these situations to the operation team so they are aware of the situation.
- Assist the front desk with reservations, handling calls, registration and departures when need arise.
- Conduct the night security patrols on a regular basis.
- Ensure that nightly financial and security reports are communicated daily.
- Assist guest with luggage when necessary.
- Ensuring personal appearance and hygiene standards reflect a professional image to staff, residents and guests.
- Complete all duties in an expedient fashion as assigned by the Guest Services Manager or Hotel Management.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Self motivated, responsible, organized and task oriented.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency of a second language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work graveyard shift and flexible hours when called upon to do so.
- Must be able to stand or sit for an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a passion for delivering outstanding guest services.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Assist with the monitoring of the security cameras.
Education & Experience
- 2 -3 years working in a hotel environment in hospitality related industry in a front office type position.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the local area and must be able to provide valid and relevant directions, recommendations and resources to enable successful fulfillment of guest requests. Familiarity with local attractions, exhibitions, concerts, theatres, shopping, sporting events, restaurants, transportations and any other information of interest to guests.
- Experience with Maestro PMS is preferred but, not necessary
- College education in hospitality is preferred.
We value your interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.