The primary responsibility of this position is to produce detailed shop drawings, Plans Elevations, Sections and Details from customer provided information as required according to strict deadlines and within allotted time frame established by the Project Coordination Manager.
Ensure the most efficient construction methods, materials and drawing techniques are used, under the direction of the Project Coordination Manager.
Review drawings for complete accuracy and ensure revisions are processed in a timely manner as specified by coordinating with Project Coordination Manager, Engineering Manager & Project Manager (or Architect).
Research and Engineer cost effective methods to produce fixtures that meet both customers’ specifications and shop construction methods. This includes hardware, materials and processes.
Makes various calculations such as strength of materials, weights, simple forces, and stresses of materials used in drawing specifications.
Exercise initiative to obtain information required to complete drawings.
Provide Project Manager with drawings that are pertinent to site work for approval.
Work closely with the production / CNC programming team, in order to maximize manufacturing and efficiency.
Maintain accurate database of engineering drawings.
Generate hardware lists for all drawings to be used by Project Manager, Shop Personnel and Stock room.
Follow projects through shop to ensure correct construction and note any changes that are made during that process.
Obtain input from plant personnel and explain drawings and procedures.
Stay aware of changes in CAD/CAM software and in the efficient use of software and hardware
Performs other duties as required.
1. Degree in Architecture or Engineering OR a minimum of five (5) years on the job experience with millwork manufacturing or interior site construction.
2. Capable of working under pressure and coordinate numerous activities
3. Effective communication skills both written and oral
4. Excellent attention to detail
5. Strong organization skills
6. Ability to read and interpret blueprints
7. Ability to participate in a team environment
8. Proficient with Microsoft Office software
9. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor or Pro-E