Pine Environmental Services Employee Reviews

No room for advancement, but love my manager and the job itself
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY17 November 2017
Having a great office manager helps me like working here a lot , the job can be stressful at times and repetitive and there is no room for advancement but overall I like it. No weekends, paid holidays off etc. The health care is too expensive though and the HR department is god awful to deal with. (Corporate in general just sucks) But I don't dread coming in to work because my manager is great and helpful and the work isn't bad. I also really like my customers. Pay isn't great but could be worse (I actually demanded a higher rate and they gave it to me). Anyway I would recommend it overall !
Pros
Weekends/holidays off and good rapport with management and customers
Cons
Pay rate/expensive benefits and poor HR. No room for advancement
Work Somewhere Else!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA14 November 2017
This place is mismanaged and uses people until they can't take it anymore and leave. The owners will keep your pay as low as possible so when you finally get frustrated enough to quit, they will try to offer you just a little more to stay.
Pros
Cons
Management & No Work Life Balance
job thats a good stepping stone
Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC21 September 2017
Job is a good stepping stone to get into environmental field however, management will not offer any help, possibly receive one day of training then sink or swim, other offices don't offer much help and will send faulty equipment they no longer want or need to "help" you out
Company is not progressive and does not seem to care about their employee's well being
Branch/General Manager (Former Employee) –  anonymous10 April 2017
Long hours, stressful environment, poor starting salary, no checks and balances in place, management likes to manage by memo, most employees and management have an "out for themselves' attitude as opposed to a team culture. not many are willing to help each other.
Pros
weekends off mostly
Cons
long hours, poor pay, disconnected management
Pine has some good, some bad
Regional Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 March 2017
I tried to make the best of the situation while I was at Pine. The branch manager was moved to a different location and it left the office in a bad situation. The two admins didn't get along well and so communication was terrible, orders were often wrong. Within a month of my start date we had lost our biggest client because of the number of orders that were incorrect (note: I did not take these orders, they were done by administrative personnel in the office). Nonetheless, I got out and saw lots of customers and enjoyed meeting with them.
Pros
Got to meet lots of people in the industry
Cons
Poor communication between workers
cash me a new job howbow dah
TSR (Current Employee) –  The land of get your order count up2 March 2017
A mis-managed company that continues to run as if it were still two guys working from their garage. The continued turnover at the corporate office leaves branches with inadequate support. Technicians have little to no formal training and are calibrating equipment in which customers rely on to keep them safe. Sourcing equipment is impossible unless your name is Angela Reiter. The only reason to work for this company is you have felonies or can’t pass a drug screen; they don’t pre-screen employees during the hiring process.
Most awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NJ27 June 2016
The owners have no respect for employees at all. They treat everyone poorly. They curse and holler at you and expect so much work for the tiny amount of money they pay.
They also cheat customers by telling them equipment they rented was not returned and cannot be found They charge rental fees when they find "said equipment" in their own dirty warehouse. Their delivery trucks are not maintained. The office is dirty. Techs are not trained. Bathrooms are dirty, lunch room is disgusting. I could go on & on....
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!! You'll regret it
Pros
None!
Cons
Mentioned above
Equipment Technician/CSR (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MA30 April 2016
The CEO was very generous with our staff in Woburn, visits occasionally, and personally ensures that everyone is productive and happy. The staff works hard, and everyone helps each other out--one hand washes the other. Everyone gets full benefits, which is awesome!
Pros
Full benefits, free lunches every other Friday, holidays off, personal days off, and paid vacations, plenty of parking
Cons
Lower pay, but still worth it
Not the best but not the worst
Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX13 April 2016
Extreme lack of strategy and structure exist within the organization and sales is highly dictated by operations. Don't expect to lean on management for much help here. This is a classic to many chiefs and not enough indians organization. Also, expect to work for bosses who think fear instills results..no true leaders at this place
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Difficult company atmosphere
Customer service/Technical representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA5 April 2016
Very troubling company to work for, there is not communication between people in charge, and customers are always complaining about the service before and after I left.
not a good company
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey1 February 2016
needs improvement horrible company. No organization, low moral, no trust, management is not positive leading to distrust.
Wonderful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX30 January 2016
Wonderful Place to work with professional managers. If you are looking for a great place to work then consider looking into this company.
Complete lack of management.
LACKY (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OH20 January 2016
The main problem of this company is the complete and utter lack of management. There is zero support from any management figure in the entire company. If you try to get something productive done you will quickly find yourself being badgered with questions and get a different unproductive task piled on your already hefty workload. If you have a great suggestion you may as well write it down and throw it in the trash. Any ideas will be shot down immediately without even a second glance. This company likes to pick the worst example of an employee and promote them whilst leaving any hard workers at the bottom. If you think you will be doing the job you were hired for, THINK AGAIN. You will be thrown into whatever job someone else does not want to do that day. Please save yourself a terrible life experience and look elsewhere for a real job.
Pros
No drug testing.
Cons
Every aspect of any job.
Success is up to you!
Accounts Representative. (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO21 August 2015
I can only speak for the office I work in, and from a non biased point of view. The pay I was started at for my position was above industry standard. And even if it wasn't, the pay and job description was explained to me before I agreed to take the job so I really can't complain about a pay rate when I am the one who agreed to it.

I really like the non micromanage culture of Pine, this office has a very easy going atmosphere with personable people who can joke around with each other while getting the job done. Pine has a "Tell me what you need from me to help you get your job done" "And I will leave you alone and let you shine as bright as you want to" mentality, this is a trend that has been passed down from the owners.

I have personally witnessed and experiences advancement in wages and position titles in this office, and Pine definitely notices people who are willing to put in an honest days work and truly care about the company.

What you can't do is come in and try to exploit the company for pay you did not earn or abuse the freedom in the work place with your focus on looking busy doing nothing while trying to kill the clock. I don't think any company would approve of this behavior.

Granted, there are some areas in the software system that are a little outdated and time consuming to work with, this is a result of a company that has been so successful it has simply outgrown it's container. New software updates have already been implemented in many offices and more to come. Change is never easy and it will take time to fully convert to all the changes.

more...
I have never liked a job as much as I like working here (can only speak for Centennial office) I truly feel like I am coming to hang out with my friends when I show up at work. If you are an honest, hard working person and don't try to take advantage of anyone or the company I truly believe the sky's the limit and you WILL be noticed.
Pros
Freedom in the work place, Benefits, Advancement Possiblilities, Culture.
Cons
Outdated software, Finding Equipment for customers is sometimes challenging.
horrible company
Technician (Former Employee) –  centennial co14 August 2015
.Company takes monetary advantage of hourly employees. Pay is insulting considering that there is no training and you have to teach yourself everything.

If you are a career technician find a real company. No drug test or background check is the only perk if your into that stuff, but overall there is no professionalism at this company whatsoever

constant turnover, New business is salary employees only concern, management and owners do not care about technicians its obvious when there is no safety training and no review system for raises and advancement.
Pros
equipment is used in interesting industrys
A small office
Order taker/ Sales Calls (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 July 2015
A typical work day at Pine was constant incoming sales calls and when it slowed down I was the one who made sales calls to customers that haven't ordered in a while to build business and I would make cold calls to environmental businesses around the 3 states we delivered to. I learned about equipment I never knew about and learned how to take that knowledge and help add more to the sale when a customer called in. Increasing sales. Management was a little lacking due to the office manager in GA worked mainly in the warehouse and had no idea what was going on up front. most of the co-workers got along really well. The hardest part of the job was not having the management support upfront where the sales took place. The most enjoyable part of the job was looking at the sales sheet and seeing that I took the most orders on most days.
Pros
Free breakfast every other week
Cons
Lack of management support.
Love it
Technical Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  ROCHESTER,NY16 June 2015
Great company, flexible family like setting. The owners are very hands on and in tune with the company . They make sure they visit every office .Most companies you never see the owners.
satble established company
Driver/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA26 May 2015
mixed up policies and management made for sparratic work days and favoritism among manager made working and advacement non exsistant..
Below average
Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, Colorado27 March 2015
A typical day at work consisted of being on the phone most of the day finding equipment for customers. I learned persistence and patience. Dealing with uncooperative co-workers was the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is when shared work was all equal.
Cons
entrenched management
Very backwards company
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NJ17 February 2015
Very high work load, in a very dysfunctional company. Lack of management seen or heard from unless you are needed for something. Favoritism in the work place. Overall terrible place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pine Environmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7