Pilz Automation Safety Canada, L.P., a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment.
Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Location: London, Ontario area
Type: Full Time
Benefits: We offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package including extended health care, dental, RRSP, and a company car.
Description: Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 1,600 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
As a Sales Engineer for Southwestern Ontario, you will be responsible for the support and growth of an established territory (Cambridge/Kitchener through to Windsor) to sell automation safety controls and services.
Duties: Essential job functions include (but may not limited to):
- Actively sell and support Pilz products within the territory to machine manufacturers,
integrators and end users
- Establish and promote long-term business relationships with new and existing Pilz
- Find and develop new opportunities or applications for Pilz product lines
- Maintain CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database
Qualifications: Education Required:
- BS or higher in Electrical or Control Engineering or other applicable technical degree
or a combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years of direct experience in industrial control sales with an understanding
of automation and machine safety
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Experience making cold calls
- Persons without a technical sales background will not be considered
- Occasional overnights within the territory will be required