Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Hard work for little pay and training is not great
cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
You really work hard for your money here and need eight arms to perform your duties. I loved the people that work here but training was not the best for all you do here. So many different things to learn and when you only work one day then 3 off it was hard to remember what the heck you were doing somedays. The shifts were also long even with the 10 min breaks and 1/2 hr lunch. Given more time on training for the staff would be helpful. Must be really quick to learn to work here.
Pros
discount food, good staff
Cons
poor training, long shifts
It's an OK place to work.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Balgonie, SK11 July 2016
I worked for Flying J out in Balgonie, SK. They don't check cameras and are very unprofessional about how they handle situations. Management is a complete joke, at least at the Balgonie one. The staff is a huge perk of working there. The Balgonie Flying J likes to over work their employees and treat them like garbage . Again, thank you management. I almost didn't graduate grade 12 because I was doing so much overtime due to short staff. The CEO is also a very crude, wouldn't let me go on my 10 minute break everytime he would come to our location.
Pros
Coworkers
Beware of this company
Staff (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2016
I worked for this company and worked hard long hours little pay and was treated with such disrespect from the tcgm and the regional manager it made me feel bad about myself and finally just wore me out! Not a peoples company they are just about the money!
Pros
it paid some bills
Cons
everything else
great team bad management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Annacis, BC2 September 2016
lots of tasks to do but everything is relatively easy to complete
the only problem is low wages lots of staff turnover and little investment from corporate to make changes in these areas
Pros
easy job
Cons
low wages
Needs major imporvement
Night Leader (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 April 2016
Managament needs to change higher upp or the cvompany wont succeed anymore and it wont keep employees working for much longer
Pros
co workers
Cons
managament
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 February 2016
Its fun to work with, though there's alot of bottleneck in the company I manage to work under pressure and doing the right thing to do as a Shift Manager.
Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2015
I love working with the public and I would rather help people with their home improvement projects. At Pilot Flying J the position is very repetitive and can get a bit monotonous at times. I don't like that others will werve customer on my cash register when I am on a break. When mistakes are made I am responsible and it is very difficult to pin point who made the errors, It doesn't happen often but, it happens.
Pros
Short commute.
Cons
Wages
Enjoyed time working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2015
I enjoyed my time working here people were great I wasn't trained well but I'm a fast learner so that helped plus they were in middle if getting new manager so I wa trained one way then had to learn new way but over all it's a great company pay is good
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Not everyone does there job
Terrible Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tilbury29 March 2014
My time at Flying J In Tilbury was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. To start, the managment are extremely rude and helpless. Empty promises and constant let downs from managers. Rarely did the store manager spend time on the floor, and when she did it was spent walking around like she had a clue how to operate the tils, computer or lottery.

The conversation and interactions with professional drivers is what made the job fun and entertaining at times.

This specific location was full of negativity, poor management, lies, broken promises and unfair treatment of staff. I would absolutley not recommend this store to anyone in terms of employment.
Pros
Discount on Subway, Health Benefits.
Cons
Terrible managment
fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2014
my typical day of work was hectic and very busy but time went by really fast, management and co workers were really friendly people to work with, i enjoyed my work enviroment. The hardest part of the job i found was probably the schedule, it was all over the place which i did not like, I enjoyed most of my time working for this company.
GENERAL MANAGER OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB14 November 2012
To oversee the high volume, multi-faceted location in High Level, AB. Responsibilities include hiring, training, and developing excellent team members in a fast paced, 24-hour environment. Proving great customer service, managing team members, Payroll, Inventory management, and overseeing general day-to-day operations. Also to receive and ship orders and adjust inventory to sales, Payroll, Planning, depositing daily deposits, inventory management. Running the day to day operations of a fast paced, bar environment. Responsibilities include Ordering, Shipping and receiving goods, customer service, office duties, Inventory Management, Manage over 60 employees at this position, dealing with union issues, workers compensation issues and form and procedures, and a wide variety of issues having to be dealt with on a day to day basis.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours 14 hour days
Productive and great place to work
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2014
Management is awesome. Employee get on job training to keep increasing their skills. Pay rate is very good. I like their on job employee benefits.
Pros
Discounted lunches, paid overtime, Employee benefits
Cons
Shifts on stat holidays
ALL THE MONEY FOR MANGERS
MANTAINCE AND DELI (Current Employee) –  WINNIPEG MB12 July 2013
IF U THINK FLYING J PAY U GUD MONEY U THINKS WRONG IF U R WORKING VERY HARD DELI OR MAINTANICE PAY NO MORE THEN 11.50 BUT MANAGMENT EXPETED EVERY THING DONE.....
Good people to work with.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2015
Clean the showers and washrooms. Mop floors. Keep the garbages empty. Go outside and empty garbages
wrost place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON8 July 2013
no help from co workers, management in office all day long ,having supervisors and managers talk negative about employees daily.
Don't Even go work in Red Deer Area