Pillar Nonprofit Network supports nonprofit organizations in fulfilling their missions in our community. We provide leadership, advocacy, and support to the nonprofit sector through the promotion of volunteerism, professional development and networking opportunities, and information sharing.
Are you a master juggler and organizer extraordinaire? Are you looking for a work opportunity in a dynamic team environment? Are you passionate about the nonprofit sector? Do you love paying attention to details? Do you like to jump in and take initiative?
Pillar Nonprofit Network is looking for an Executive Assistant & Membership Coordinator to provide administrative support to its Executive Director, Board of Directors and Pillar members. The successful candidate will be a highly organized individual who is able to multi-task in a busy environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide customer service to members and the public in-person, via phone and email.
2. Coordinate membership, from renewals to recruitment and retention, and member benefit development.
3. Compile, edit and format documents, e-newsletters and email messages, maintaining the organization’s branding standards.
4. Provide administrative support to the staff team, Executive Director and the Board of Directors, including taking meeting minutes.
5. Maintain and use technology tools, including website management, contact management, event registration, databases, social media, as well as MS Office Suite and Windows operating system.
6. Support events, programs and projects sponsored by the organization.
7. Coordinate and support office volunteers as required.
8. Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- 3-5 years experience in a senior administrative role or equivalent
- Experience or strong knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Superior ability to edit documents and advanced attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel and database management
- Proven ability to update and maintain websites and basic knowledge of HTML coding
- Experience supporting a Board of Directors
Brings Respect for Diversity:
The successful candidate:
- Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to organizations
- Demonstrates respect for people of diverse backgrounds
- Promotes fairness and respect of all individuals
- Values and seeks out differing opinions from a diverse population
- Suspends judgement and challenges oneself to deal with assumptions and stereotypes
- Makes efforts to educate oneself and others about diversity issues
Reports to: Pillar Nonprofit Network’s Executive Director
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time position
How to Apply:
Pillar Nonprofit Network is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all people to consider applying if their skills meet the requirements of the position. Send cover letter and resume by email only to Michelle Baldwin, Executive Director at mbaldwin @ pillarnonprofit.ca by Friday April 18th at 5PM. No applications received after the deadline will be considered.
While we appreciate receiving all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes are not kept on file for future reference.