Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mistreated
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: merchandise
Cons: overall company dynamic
Hard to explain but they defiantly do not know how to treat employees
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 30, 2014
Loved working for this company. Hours were manageable and the management actually cared about their employees. The only con was a shortage of hours and unlikelihood of promotion.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaApril 28, 2014
Great retailer with lots of growth opportunity

Great culture and overall professional environment compared to a lot of retailers
Productive and steady work environment
Material Handler (Current Employee), Aberdeen, MDApril 26, 2014
I've learned how to operate a forklift, my co-workers are excellent to work with and great to get along with, a typical day at work is usually pretty steady and laid back, the hardest part of the job is unloading trailers with heavy merchandise.
Experienced IT Professional
Store Technology System Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasApril 25, 2014
Pros: experienced professional
Manage in-house computer software systems and network. connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business application.
2 years software testing, utilizing tools for test planning, development, execution, and reporting.

Team-Leader -Customer Support, LAN/WAN Helpdesk Tier II.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks and health care
: A typical day at work was unpacking merchandise, putting up displays, helping customers decorate their homes.
: I learned to be more creative with d├ęcor
: Hardest part of the job was not being able to afford all the nice stuff the company had.
: Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers decorate their homes
Love my Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 23, 2014
Pros: rapid advancement, lots of perks and great people.
Cons: people get transferred very often and i know people that drive over 50 miles to work everyday, raises are very small.
The company is great, their compass is fantastic and for the most part, everyone in the company is amazing, The moral is upbeat, we are based on motivating and inspiring and the product is so fun!

Con is that people get transferred very often. I know people that drive over 50 miles to work everyday.
Didnt really enjoy it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSApril 22, 2014
Pros: if you really need some change in your pocket then sure
Cons: everything else
Typical day at work was being assigned to a area and having to sit there. Learned that I did not want to work in retail anymore. Management was ok. Of course there were things that I didnt like but I just smiled and continued on. My co workers were the only thing that didnt stop me quiting the week after. Hardest part was dealing with too many women – more... in one place, things tend to become very catty. As I said my co workers were the only thing I enjoyed. – less
Typical Retail Sales Business
Store Team Leader (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJApril 20, 2014
This business is your averaged retail store that sells shelf goods that sell them selves.

What I've learned, that I continue to support this theory, customer service is vital aspect of the any businesses growth and development. Without the attention to details the cost will always affect your bottom line.

Management. There is a lot to be said about – more... leadership. Any business that lacks support and vision will endure pitfalls of the business growth potential.

Coworkers. People reflect environments.

The hardest part of the job, instilling positive direction and maintaining a positive focus for others.

Enjoyable, I enjoyed meeting and working with everyone. I looked forward to challenging sales associates to reach their potentials by exceeding their goals and meeting them with realistic expectations. – less
Pier 1 day
SALES ASSOCIATE-PART TIME (Current Employee), Denville, NJApril 18, 2014
When i go into work, i go and get on my apron on and clock in. I am always greeted by my fellow associates. When i get out onto the sales floor i am checked in with how we are doing, current sales, and current promotions. From there on it is my job to make sure every customer has the "Pier 1 exPIERence". I have to greet, make sure they are finding everything – more... okay, and if i can assist them with anything. I am very knowledgeable about our products so i do my best to make sure they know everything about the product they are buying whether its a candle or a couch. At the register its my job to inform them about our Pier 1 card and all its benefits to help them get the best deal and after i always encourage all customers to come back soon! – less
Advancement not available
Store Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: easy going atmosphere
Cons: unloading semi trucks
Advancement not readily available, Salary is low Easy going atmosphere, co-workers were pleasent, Hardest part of job, unloading Semi trucks of furniture.
Fun learning work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 15, 2014
Enjoyed meeting new people and loved my co-workers. Loved seeing new products come in and fill the shelves. I enjoyed putting together decorating ideas for customers.
Good Place
Marketing analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Pier 1 is a solid place...Management is good, not much job duplication. Culture is excellent
Providing great customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2014
Provide great customer service in a retail environment.
Working with positive and out going people.
good with room to improve.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), McAllen, TXApril 8, 2014
Depending on the flow of customers and what still needs to be processed determines if I work on the floor or in the stockroom. Nice atmosphere with ever changing inventory and friendly coworkers. Furniture pieces can be heavy depending on the collection with little space to move. Prefer working in the back for I can listen to my own selection of music – more... and items need to be processed no matter what. – less
productive and fun place to work
Stocker (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 3, 2014
a typical day of work was very pleasant , and they worked with my work schedule
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burleson, TXApril 2, 2014
I loved my co-workers. We all had different strengths and areas of expertise.
go pier1!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: fun customers
Cons: short breaks
I love working here. Management is great. Co-workers are fun. I enjoy setting up displays. It's kind of hard to clean. I've learned a lot.
Great Company
CUSTOMER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: changes as the company grows
Fast Environment
Develop Skills
Great Team
Great employee celebrations
To many changes in management.
Provide Customer Service/ POS trainer/ Sales (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2014
I as well as many others had worked for this location for almost 3 years. Within that time, we underwent changes with 5 different managers. The final manager told all of us that had been there that she was unable to give recommendations based on her lack of knowledge in our skillsets and work performance. There was no longer any opportunity for advancement – more... with this location. – less

About Pier 1 Imports

We believe we have something special going on here at Pier 1 Imports. Our culture is about our attitude toward business, how we – Read more