Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Part Time Work
Manager (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJDecember 10, 2013
Never work there full time Enjoyed my time there, but if you are a hard worker, they will take advantage of it. I was held back from promotions to a Store Manager because then Store Manager did not want to lose me.
Nice part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redlands, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: if your not looking for long hours, then the 4 hour shifts would be a pro
Cons: short shifts, advancement
Pier 1 imports is a nice easy going part time experience. Customers do not really need much assistance, but i would attribute that to the type of cliental they cater more too. They are very willing to teach you anything you would like to know if enough interest is shown.
Fun place to work.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2013
Pros: the work was not fast paced but i did sense the urgency is getting products to the floor.
Cons: the lack of available working hours.
I was hired part time for a few days a week then my hours got reduced down to one day a week. I enjoyed working with the crew and management there though I was not happy with the loss in hours and the day that they decided to have me work. Also, I did feel kind of out of the loop due to being a male. The store does focus on women and just to reiterate, – more... there was NO discrimination due to my gender, just that the atmosphere is really geared towards female customers. Other than that, I really enjoyed working there. – less
Great place to be
Shift Lead / Key Holder (Former Employee), Joplin, MODecember 9, 2013
I loved this job more than any ive ever had., Great Team to work with and great company to work for. The only downside is that they don't offer many hours to work.
Company that genuinely cares
Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Du Pont, WADecember 9, 2013
Pros: caring, open atmosphere
From day one, Pier 1 has shown that they care for their employees health and well being. There are just lots of little things that all management does, like a popcorn machine, or random lunches, that make everyone happy.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, WADecember 3, 2013
Pros: great management
I liked working at Pier 1 because I have a creative side, and this place brought it out in me. Not only did I enjoy all the products Pier 1 has to offer, but I also very much enjoyed all my co-workers. This job is just like any other retail job, but the variety of products makes it a bit more interesting. All the different candles makes the store smell – more... amazing and the decor makes for a friendly work environment. The hardest part of the job would be when we would have to redecorate the entire store, which would take many days. – less
Fun workplace with hard-working associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great discounts, fun atomsphere
Cons: healthcare, part-time
A typical day at Pier 1 Imports starts with tasking. The associate that opens the store goes around the building and straightens up merchandise that was overlooked the night before. We usually vacuum the rugs and sweep the floors. Our job as an associate is to make sure every customer leaves happy. We greet them when they walk into the store and help – more... them with their home décor needs. The management team at Pier 1 is great. They are easy to approach and train you to enhance your overall performance. The hardest part about the job was working late nights during the week. If there was a new sale to tag, the associates and managers usually don't leave until midnight. This is very hard when I have classes the following morning. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. While working at Pier 1 Imports, I have met some very interesting people. It's nice to know you have helped someone decorate their entire room. – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 3, 2013
Pros: fun environment.
Cons: no breaks.
I truly enjoyed working at this company, every day I was subject to something completely new and exciting. My managers and co-workers were absolutely wonderful and I never had any issues dealing with them. The hardest part about working at Pier 1 would definitely be the unloading of the merchandise trucks. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting – more... the opportunity to help customers find products that expressed their individual personalities and styles. – less
associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), charlotte ncNovember 26, 2013
worked cashier, customer service, labeled and marked down products. Stocked shelves
sales associate
Seasonal/Temporary (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKNovember 26, 2013
typical day- clock in, then try to sell a million credit/store cards, then assist customers. usually only worked 4-5 shifts
One of my favorite past job
Sales leader/ third key manager (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MONovember 19, 2013
Pros: exciting work enviroment
It is a great place to work. Fun and upbeat environment. They are flexible and overall it was a joy to get to work for this company.
Great people to work with and for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenfield, WINovember 17, 2013
Pros: great people. great products
Cons: the pay is not great
The company is a great one to work with and for. However, if you are looking for a job to cover all of your expenses, this probably will not work for you.
Great Job, but hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2013
It was a lot of work, and if you don't like to get dirty then this is not the place for you. I built a lot of muscle working here. Lots of heavy lifting and unloading. They did give you a lot of merchandising freedom which was fun. Customers were fun, and wanted you to design things for them which was fun too. It was a great job to have as long as you – more... don't mind doing physical work. – less
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VANovember 15, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment
Pier 1 Imports was a great place to work. Management was always very helpful. My co-workers were also very driven individuals.
Great people to work with - Bad pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pottstown, PANovember 11, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: pay
At Pier 1 there is a lot to do. There is never really any down time. Between running stock and all the customers you will always be busy. I learned a lot about visual sales, design and home decor here.

All the employees that Ive come in contact with from Pier 1 have been nothing but sweet to me. The hardest part of the job is that its so repetitive. – more... You will do the same thing every week in different variations. The best part about the job was the environment and the people I worked with.

The major complaint I have is that I worked there for 5 years and only received one raise and after 5 years Im still only making less than nine dollars an hour!! – less
Productive and fun enviorment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 10, 2013
Working at Pier 1 Imports is very fun. The management and Team Members are easily to get along with. We work as a family which make the store run smoothly.
Fun, Busy, Enjoyable
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLNovember 8, 2013
The staff i work for is fun and energetic. Even when we are busy we are still having a good time. Customers are enjoyable to have fun and shop with. Overall Pier 1 Imports and is a great place to work.
Co-workers and management are great to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 7, 2013
Pros: nice employee discount
At my location, my co-workers and management are knowledgeable, friendly and fun to work with.
Fun place to work. Fun people to work with.
SALES ASSOCIATE/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: alot of cool products.
Cons: low pay for alot of physical work. no real opportunity to move up.
I've been at Pier 1 Imports for a year and is a fun place to work. If you can handle demanding , picky customers you'll love this job! There is alot of customer service involved with this workplace.
productive fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Merced, CAOctober 24, 2013
I started out as a cashier and worked up to becoming an Assistant Manager. Pier 1 is a great place to work with always moving and decorating.

About Pier 1 Imports

We believe we have something special going on here at Pier 1 Imports. Our culture is about our attitude toward business, how we – Read more