Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, colorful store with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newington, CTJune 16, 2014
-not a lot of hours, great for side job
-employee discounts on purchases
Pier one imports
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 15, 2014
I work here currently, and I don't suggest it if you cant work with the general public. It has a great atmosphere, and its surrounded by glitter everywhere, however you will always have to deal with rude people and customer service. Management is a bit pushy, and your time crunched for cards. I will be looking for another job due to lack of hours. Great – more... for high school students who have too much time on their hands, and are good with weekly goals to meet. – less
Positive Work Environment
Sales Associate/ Visual Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, CTJune 14, 2014
Pros: good employee discount and supportive management team.
Pier 1 offers a fun, visually stimulating, team environment. You get to work with customers to help them create a beautiful and personal environment in their home.
Colorful, inviting atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, fun atmosphere.
A typical day at work for me consists of either preparing markdown sales reports, keeping the store clean and inviting, or unloading our truck shipments. Through this job, I have learned how spatial relationships work in relation to the floorplans they were created off of. Management is always lenient with any scheduling conflicts I may have, and is – more... always there to assist me when I need a refresher. Though we typically hire a lot of college students, our staff is usually pretty reliable. The hardest part of my job would have to be when items ordered for customers don't come in by the time we had promised, or if it comes in damaged. My favorite part of working at Pier 1, however, is always getting to see our new merchandise before it hits our shelves so I can really get inspired to sell it to our customers. – less
Well organized company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), The WoodlandsJune 11, 2014
Light hearted fun group of people but still took the job seriously.
Great work culture, not great job security
Customer Relations Representive (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: association appreciation twice a year, great networking experience
Cons: lack of training resources for weekly goal growth, innovation needed
I worked in stores since 2008, and although it was not much advancement for financial compensation, the people are fantastic. The Home Office has a lot of plates spinning, but not much as far as resources to support all of these simultaneous projects. You'll definitely be busy, but be prepared to be your own motivation to find time and training when – more... management is lacking.

The employees are as quirky as the products we sell, and the personalities are welcome! This helped create a unique work family among the departments that work closely together. Some disconnect from stores and Home Office is a work in process, but there is hope the growth will lead to some strong progress for this company. – less
Low pay but flexible hours and days off
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2014
Pros: great customers and managment
Cons: low pay
Pay is barely above minimum wage. However, you have the freedom to ask for days off and set work availability. Management is fun and overall, the job is interesting and I look forward to working floor shifts.
Great Culture for Retail
Store Manager (Current Employee), Anytown, USJune 4, 2014
Pros: vacation pay, flexible scheduling, major holidays off or shortened hours
Cons: hours either too little or too much, targets are difficult to attain, too many initiatives rolling out at once
Pier 1 is a great company that offers great benefits to it's employees, for a corporate retailer. Fun place, with neat product. As store manager one doesn't have a whole lot of power. Everything is determined by corporate, so get used to various departments changing their minds quickly. Not efficient in allocation of workload, but are working to fix – more... through newest labor model. – less
High energy company that prides itself on making things beautiful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: opportunities for bonuses
Cons: lack of warehouse help
A typical day for me would start bright and early at 8:45am to 5pm. My first adventure would be counting my tills and safe then braving the line at the bank to make my deposit. My first associate would arrive and begin opening duties and preparing the store as I plan for the days' sales and edit the schedule. The rest of the day consists of selling/tracking – more... sales, ordering, and keeping my customers AND associates happy! I have come to learn that keeping an Honest and Clean/Organized workplace is the best way to thrive in any company. I absolutely loved the people that i worked with and overcame any push back with a positive attitude and leading by example. I made personal connections with most all my customers and took pride in knowing i helped them create a room, table setting, or outdoor paradise that they could be proud to show off to the Jones'. Every job has its difficulties but the only part that was hard in this job would have been loading 50-200lb furniture items into my excited customers vehicle by myself, every one needs help at some point. – less
Waldbaum's a exciting place to work
MANAGER (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 3, 2014
Waldbaum's was a excellent place to work. My daily routine consisted of handling stock, Unloading trucks and stocking the merchandise. The atmosphere was fun, exciting and fast paced. The employees were great and the management was excellent. I learned more at this job about operations of a business and teamwork as well as customer service and management.
solid retail company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJune 1, 2014
Well run company that cares for its people. Home office does expect that you can change things on the fly. You must be ready for change at all times.
Productive and Great Working Enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 29, 2014
I was able to learn about the different types of furniture and how excellent customer service skills are essential to retail. I learned how to process orders and how order stock and inventory.
Fun place to work while in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 22, 2014
Great place to work while trying other things. As a second job or as a job while in school. No one cares about doing much, just tons of fun if you don't take pride in what you do.
Cashier
Sales associate for any customer's needs (Former Employee), denver coMay 22, 2014
All depends on the management for each store but most of them are pretty cool people. loved working 2 years for pier 1
Great Experience
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), 3000 East Philadelphia Ontario, CA. 91762May 22, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: seasonal
This position was seasonal. But overall the co-workers were great an very helpful.
great place
Shift Leader / Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2014
Great place to work - just need more hours. You learn about products and how to manage your time right. It is a great and fun place to work and you meet a lot of great people.
Good part-time job
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMay 19, 2014
Great benefits and flexibility. Room to advance however pay is low.
Good pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: no help when needed
A day at work with Pier 1 imports is different. You can get hired as one thing and then they have you do something completely different. I was hired as a sales associate and in turn when I started working there I was put in the stock room alone. I did not mind working in stock except for the fact that I was having to unpack and move items that said – more... they required a team to lift them successfully. I did get trained to be a sales associate but never got put on the sales floor. The management was alright the assistant managers were great though and they helped if they saw something that required more than one person to handle it. The hardest part of that job was the strain on my back from having to carry such heavy items and sometimes having to carry those heavy items up a ladder and put on a top self, all without help. The most enjoyable part would of had to of been my co-workers because when they went back into the break room and saw I was having issues with something they would help even though they were told not to. – less
Fun, inspiring, and beautiful work environment
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs,NY / Enfield, CT/ Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2014
Pros: gorgeous merchandise, appropriately priced, new customers, frequent customers
Cons: schedule, job advancement after reaching the store manager position
At Pier 1 Imports, my day was never dull. Whether there were 50 customers in the store or just one---there was always something to do to keep busy. The number one focus was sales and customer satisfaction. Opening credit accounts, building beautiful displays, processing the stock, and helping people create a space of their own was just some of the fun – more... I had at Pier 1.
The most difficult part of the job was balancing the day out. How would we accomplish processing all the freight before the night was over AND help customers, as well as make sure we hit our daily goal?
The most enjoyable aspect was meeting new people every single day and putting a smile on their faces. – less
Fun product to work with
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: low pay, high turnover
Fun products and great discount available. Be prepared to work holidays and weekends. Lots of lifting and climbing required. Great way to lose weight!

About Pier 1 Imports

We believe we have something special going on here at Pier 1 Imports. Our culture is about our attitude toward business, how we – Read more