Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible
Former employee in the works (Current Employee), Destin, FlAugust 17, 2014
Pros: discount. period.
Cons: no training, poor management, too many associates, they only schedule 4-5 hour shifts...
Pier 1 could be a great place to work, but like many gargantuan retailers all they care about is the bottom line...I.E. sell credit cards!!!

Management is HELLA terrible!
Public fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseburg ORAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great management team
I enjoyed meeting and talking to the public about merchandise
Exciting and great work environment
Seasonal Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: extensive work hours on holidays
Great staff and fun to work with. The management was easy and flexible with shifts and hours distributed.
Friendly and helpful coworkers and managers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Middletown, NYAugust 12, 2014
Everyone is positive and wants the best for our customers. Easy to ask for help and guidance.
I love this place!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MOAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free luches, associate celebrations, and contest
Pier 1 Imports is a very easy going, friendly, welcoming, and fun place to work and even to shop as once I was a customer. I learned that just being creative means so much to our staff and customers while they are shopping. I can honestly say there is no part of any day I have worked here that was hard for me. I love all aspects of this job and my team – more... I work with. – less
its ok
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: pay is low
co workers awesome, management lacking in skills, very driven to push credit card sales
Fun but can get stressful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2014
Fun job until things become unorganized. Best part of the job is meeting new people and hearing other peoples design ideas.
Fun place to work, get to meet lots of great customers!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: pay
A typical day is greeting customers and helping them with their purchases. We have a lot of repeat customers so they really become your friends. We learn their styles and preferences. Pier 1 employes a lot of really enjoyable people so going to work is fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 4, 2014
Productive and fun, unloaded trucks and put away merchandise on showroom floor. Dealing with customers and sales.
Interactive, ever-changing environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 31, 2014
I work a variety of shifts including opening, midday, and closing shifts. My job consists of greeting and assisting customers, running the register, answering telephones, putting merchandise on display, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new customers every day.
enjoyable and interesting.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the variety of interesting merchadise.
Cons: not able to get enough hours because i am part-time.
I like to go into work and expierence the variety of customers and merchadise that we have. I enjoy working with the variety of managers and co-workers they make work fun.
Good place to work and buy items
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), South Huntington, NYJuly 26, 2014
Great place to work if you like customer service. Merchandise in this store is very nice.
Poor Management in Customer Relations
customer service (Former Employee), home officeJuly 25, 2014
Pros: people, customer service
Cons: management, communication, pay, procedures, not enough training
I worked in the Customer Service department and I do not recommend this place to anyone. I actually recently quit because the communication between management was horrible. Supervisors giving our incorrect information and then blaming you for doing things wrong. I was there three months and everyone who started with me (17 of us) wants to get out, they – more... all want leave. Forget about having a life with the "rotating" schedule, leaving at 11pm many nights, not having time to spend with your family. Some aspects are horrible and management will not fix them. Procedures where on department does not know what the other is doing. I'm sure other departments are good to work at, from what I have seen. DO NOT WORK HERE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Stores call in and ask for your help on store operations but we were not trained, we just try to wing it and hope nothing breaks. STAY AWAY FROM PIER 1.

ALSO DO NOT SHOP AT THEIR STORES. – less
Steady work, but long hours lead to no family time
Fullfilment Center Worker (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good insurance and benefits
Cons: little to no time off
I have worked 6 days a week every week (mandatory) in the year that I have been here. Some week, a 7th day is required or coming in early/staying late is required.
Unique products and fun customers!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great products, always changing.
Cons: entry level pay
Customer service is priority number one within the company. We are always looking to improve upon our customer oriented programs and that is what retail should always be about.
Awesome Up-Beat Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: every once in awhile they will have rewards for doing the important aspects of the job.
Cons: management passes down tasks they don't want to down to you.
This job requires you to be moving non-stop. On this job I have learned how to place orders for customers, to listen to what they are looking for and how I can help them achieve the look they are going for. My co-workers are nothing but supportive in how to help the customer, especially the more experienced co-workers. The hardest part of the job is – more... making sure the staff is communicating the way they are suppose to, that way we all can be on the same page for customer orders instead of trying to guess on what is going on. The most enjoyable part is being able to do your job correctly and efficiently enough that a customer leaves you a positive review/survey. – less
fun place to worl
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJJuly 20, 2014
this is a fun job, helping customers select just the right furiture and accessories for their homes.
Very Productive Company
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short lunches.
opening store, conducting meetings regarding sales, setting sale goals, setting up floor displays, ensuring teamwork.

Most enjoyable was working with employees and customers!

Nothing was hard.
OK place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: no breaks, low pay and hours
It's a good place to work as long as you don't have bills to pay or need daycare. Not very many hours, maybe 10. The leaders are always fair and knowledgeable and eager to help when needed.

Hardest part of the job is carrying furniture by myself to load for the customer. Most of the customer's furniture is in the back and since we are always short – more... handed there's never any extra help to load i'm doing it by myself. – less
CREATIVE ENVIROMENT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), IlJuly 17, 2014
New store; management was very unstable didn't make you feel secure with your own job
A typical day was interacting and giving our customers the best possible customer service meeting all their needs
I really enjoyed working there and everything about it but I didn't feel like they were secure management barely knew what they were doing and at times – more... there was so much drama with the management and some employees you would feel as if you were in high school – less

About Pier 1 Imports

We believe we have something special going on here at Pier 1 Imports. Our culture is about our attitude toward business, how we – Read more