Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, nice co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 13, 2014
A typical day at Pier 1 is busy and productive. The co-workers are great to work with.
Laid back environment
freight assistant-handled stock (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Early morning freight work, assembling merchandise that needs assembling, helping store associates with customers when needed! easy going job
Productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LouisianaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting various types of people and working in a positive environment
Cons: not mentally stimulating work
I worked part-time as a sales associate. The shifts were short hours, but management was very accommodating to my school and coaching schedules. My co-workers had positive attitudes and were always willing to approach sales or projects as a team. The most difficult part of the job was communicating with customers without product knowledge, but as I – more... gained experience and confidence, sales became easier. I enjoyed the physical tasks of the job such as working freight, assembling furniture, and creating displays for event sales. – less
Great Position
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GASeptember 10, 2014
I love your products and services that we provide. I love the brand. My coworkers are like family. I enjoy working in customer service, my job is rewarding.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Park City, UTSeptember 10, 2014
Pier 1 prepared me better to become a hair stylist. It helped me go out of my comfort zone and talk to people. It was a happy place to work, and over all a positive experience.
Production
Order Fill (Former Employee), Port Wentworth, GASeptember 9, 2014
I live this job, at first it was hard but have easy for me to work. They train you to get it, I really enjoy working with this company
Pier 1 imports
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Orem, UTAugust 31, 2014
Don't work here unless you have to.
Pier 1 imports expectations on sales was absolutely crazy and their credit card.
Love Pier 1
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: evertthing
Cons: no set schedule
Everyday there is something new to do. Setting up displays , greeting and working with the clients. Love it!!
I really love that everyone that you help a piece of you goes home with them. I enjoyed unloading the trucks and restocking the merchandise.
Fun, creative goal-oriented environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, TXAugust 26, 2014
My job involved greeting customers as they entered, assisting them in finding and choosing products, and register duties, including returns/exchanges. My co-workers and management were always friendly and very helpful, willing to work with my schedule and answer any questions I had. The hardest (and least enjoyable) part for me was up-selling products – more... and the credit card our company offered. However, I enjoyed my time at Pier 1 very much. – less
Great place to start
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 25, 2014
Been with the company for four years. Great place to start. They are continuing to grow and opening stores.
Nice, Home-y environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 23, 2014
I was always busy due to the amount of employees on the floor during certain times, but I liked it that way. Pleasant place to work overall; friendly, happy people.
Fun and Challenging Work Place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day is never the same. Every day is different.

I love the team that I work with!

I have learned a lot from working for Pier 1 for 11 years. The hardest part about the job is balancing my family and my career with the demands of the hours and the changing scheduel from week to week.

I enjoy developing team members for thier owm promotions – more... within the company! – less
Very interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Worked with customers on a daily basis. Greeted, directed, and handled purchases, exchanges, and returns.
Fun but VERY demanding
Customer Sales Leader (Current Employee), Garland, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good ins, flexable schedule, low turnover, great employee appreciation
Cons: short breaks, minimal room for growth
I went into this job ready for a change and willing to learn but after 4 months it became obvious I bit off more than I could chew. Pier 1 is very much a horse of a different color. With a background in clothing retail and customer service management for 6 years I thought that I could handle it but the demands that they put on you, mentally, physically, – more... and professionally, I was not ready for.
I would typically work a 1:30p to 9:45p shift with a 30min lunch daily. I also got 2 or 3 days off a week depending on the week. Being a part time Sales Leader, I had the same management duties as the Store Manager or the Assistant Store Manager, w/o the pay and the title, while she was off the sales floor or not in the store. I usually worked a total of about 25-32 hrs a week. That work included unloading truck that came once a week and could be as large as 42 feet and filled with couches, chairs, tables, benches, dressers, and various other merchandise as well as online orders and in store orders that needed to be assembled or un-packaged and ready for customer pick up as well as moving freight to the sales floor, customer service, sales, and management duties.
The biggest and hardest thing that I learned from this job is if you are not able or comfortable balancing 7-10 different tasks, physical, mental, and in your face, all at once, don't do it. With this job you have to have your head on a swivel at ALL times and have eyes in the back of your head. You are the moving company, the point of sale person, the manager, the leader, the interior decorator, the moderator, the visual merchandiser, the voice of reason, the unhealthy addiction feeder, the Jack or Jackie of all traits. You wear SO many different hats at the same time sometimes you loose yourself from the chaos.
I greatly enjoyed my time at Pier 1 and learned a great deal while I was employed there. This job is definitely a challenge and for some people, like my SM and my ASM, it is a perfect fit. But the biggest draw that this job had for me was the stability. Everyone that I spoke with from the company prior to joining the team had been with the company for years and was still there. Now when I say years I'm not talking about 2-3 years. I'm talking about employees that have been with this company for anywhere from 6 to 26 years and still love it. So if you are looking for stability and ready for a challenge, this job is probably a great fit for you.
The management and staff are usually very friendly and knowledgeable. I cant speak for other stores but I know that the staff at the store I was at was very friendly and actually care about one another. They work as a team and really try to present themselves that way. But if you are the weakest link, the management will let you know. Focusing on Sales Figures, if yours are not where they should be, and after coaching and working to improve them for a couple of months is still not helping, and as a Sales Leader, your figures hinder your SM from getting a bonus for making a her figures for the quarter, you are not looked upon very happily. You are usually called into the store office and given a very stern,"I know you love your job and customers and staff really like you but you might want to reevaluate that this is the right place for you" talk. But overall Pier 1 is a great place to work and learn and be a part of a highly physical team. – less
Great place to learn great customer service skills
Sales Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 17, 2014
• As a Sales Leader, responsible for opening and closing the store, managing associates and their tasks which include making sales, opening credit cards, cleaning and maintaining the store
• As an Associate, Creating orders for customers
• Cash on hand and process debit/credit card payments/phone sales
• Customer service
• Merchandising products
Terrible
Former employee in the works (Current Employee), Destin, FlAugust 17, 2014
Pros: discount. period.
Cons: no training, poor management, too many associates, they only schedule 4-5 hour shifts...
Pier 1 could be a great place to work, but like many gargantuan retailers all they care about is the bottom line...I.E. sell credit cards!!!

Management is HELLA terrible!
Public fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseburg ORAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great management team
I enjoyed meeting and talking to the public about merchandise
Exciting and great work environment
Seasonal Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: extensive work hours on holidays
Great staff and fun to work with. The management was easy and flexible with shifts and hours distributed.
Friendly and helpful coworkers and managers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Middletown, NYAugust 12, 2014
Everyone is positive and wants the best for our customers. Easy to ask for help and guidance.
I love this place!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MOAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free luches, associate celebrations, and contest
Pier 1 Imports is a very easy going, friendly, welcoming, and fun place to work and even to shop as once I was a customer. I learned that just being creative means so much to our staff and customers while they are shopping. I can honestly say there is no part of any day I have worked here that was hard for me. I love all aspects of this job and my team – more... I work with. – less

About Pier 1 Imports

We believe we have something special going on here at Pier 1 Imports. Our culture is about our attitude toward business, how we – Read more