Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews in Canada

Really fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 15, 2013
Pier one is a wonderful place to work. Everyone I work with feel like my second family and they make coming to work enjoyable. There is always something to do and that makes the shifts pass by quickly. The management are there to help and are always willing to. The hardest part is when displays need to be done. There is a guideline to follow but sometimes we don't have the product. It always turns out okay though, because we make it happen! The easiest part is coming to work and being there. The atmosphere that has been created is welcoming and fun.
Enjoyable atmosphere, good management, and stimulating.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 17, 2012
Outstanding environment to work in due to helpful management and strong staff bond. The company as a whole takes great pride in their merchandise, as well as their employees and customer service.

I work as a sales associate and cashier, but very often work in the stock room as well. I typically replenish merchandise, set up merchandise displays, tag sales and liquidations, and organise overstock items. Every week I help to unload, unwrap, and price new/replenishment merchandise, as well as verify customer orders.

The job has taught me how to multitask effectively, and the importance of organisation and teamwork. I have been helpful in keeping the store productive, and I am proud of my contributions. The hardest part of the job is the continuos upkeep of both the floor and stock room. Displays are not only updated with every holiday/season, but are constantly altered in order to accomodate fluctuations in merchandise quantities. This requires off-hour work late into the night, as well as starting early in the morning, so as not to cause interference when the store is open. That being said, there is always something to be done, which means the job never feels stagnant.
Pros
great co-workers and management, has given me valuable experience.
Cons
varying hours, little room for advancement.
Challenging
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2013
Working at Pier 1 was a great experience, very busy and always a challenge with the amount of SKU's in the store. Being the Visual Manager was a real learning curve, working with plan-o-grams, store layout and the sheer volume of merchandise really taught me how to refine my skills and think on my feet.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of experience I had when I took the position, the learning curve was massive. I had been merchandising for years but this was on such a huge scale.
The best part of the job was the challenge every day to have the store to the Pier 1 standard, working with the staff I had and sharing our experiences, it was a wonderful job!
Pros
the challenge
Cons
starting at 6 am
Always changing products, fun place to work.
Shipper receiver and CSR (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2014
A typical day of work would be unloading the truck with new merchandise, receiving product up to and including proper pricing and then out onto the floor. I have and continue to learn a great deal about the various products as they come in which ofcourse makes it easier to sell if you know the items inside out. My co-workers are a blast and we all work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is when my shift ends and I have to go home. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a part of the Company.
Pros
the ladies i work with always bring in baked goods.
Cons
not enough hours.
Great work environment and great management
Seasonal Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 5, 2014
At Pier 1 Imports I had my first real introduction to cashier skills. The management was very kind and easy to work with. They took the time to teach all necessary skills. The work environment was great, all co-workers worked together in a efficient team. Overall a great place to work
Productive and a fun place to work at!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCApril 3, 2014
They give you lots of product knowledge, They teach you how to build things. We do role play to practice how to deal with customers.
The Management is amazing and personable and the team that she hires are very competent and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
bonuses through out the year
Cons
not enough hours and no 15 min breaks if you work 5 hours straight
fun place to work, no job security
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work involves prepping the store for opening, and greeting our customers upon their entering the store.
Helping them find great pieces to enhance their home is the objective!
Great staff, goal oriented, fun environment.
Pros
great staff, working around your available hours
Cons
no job security
Glittery fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 19, 2014
I enjoy the store and people here
4 hour shifts
Very friendly management
Co-workers are all nice people
Fragrance department is a bit stifling
Fun and enthusiastic
Sales Associate / Cashier / Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 24, 2014
Everyone was a pleasure to work with. The manager at that time was very willing to work with my hours of availability. Very hands on opportunity to be up and moving with other employees and customers, sharing insight and everyone helped each other. Great Team environment.
great staff, great product line, great upper management
Part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 23, 2012
great product lines,
co-workers are great
always feel like part of a team
management are fair
Pros
excellent work conditions
Cons
rate of pay
Wonderful people and important skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCMay 24, 2014
Learned about merchandising and customer service and sales. Learned how to take instruction and work by oneself after being asked to do a task. Interacting with customers was something that everyone did at the workplace, allowed for growth with verbal communication skills.
Good environment, friendly staff, positive surroundings.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2012
They strive to have a positive atmosphere and they get that. If it's not working, we worked at it. Communication is key.
Pros
amicable, civil, tolerable, good quality products.
Cons
unstable shifts, sometimes inflexible with personal schedule.
Nice and unique merchandise
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Hard work but no appreciation. i like my work at pier 1 imports but i am not getting enough hours.
Pros
25% employee discount
Cons
no hours
Relaxed environment
Sales Associate/Cashier(Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 19, 2012
- Managment was great dealing with staff and customers
- holiday season was cheerful and pleasant
- co-workers were friendly
- assistising customers how to decorate their home
- help pick out holiday gifts
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
seasonal hours
dull boring and micro managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 5, 2014
my head manager was great but everyone else was basically just trying to force you in to the jobs they didnt wanna do
Cons
men are considered to be moving people essentially
Very fun place
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2013
A very nice and fun place to work
I just could not get Full Time hours there
Pros
very nice place to work
Cons
i just could not get full time hours there
vibrant and busy work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER/SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Leader, LANGFORD VICTORIA BCMarch 10, 2014
I loved my job and the product in this busy and vibrant store]]

Every day was new and exciting and helping the customers create new ideas for their homes
awfull workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ONMay 14, 2013
only girls working on the floor with me. Manager was so rude, clearly favored the girls over me. was never happy
Enjoyable to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Overall I enjoy working for this company. Great environment.
environnement de travail productif
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMarch 15, 2016
Je gérais l’embauche et la formation du personnel. Les transferts d’items entre les différents magasins de la province. Je planifiais les horaires et entraînais le nouveau personnel. Je faisais des rapports quotidiens et hebdomadaires sur les ventes, la fréquentation de la clientèle. Je procédais à la mise en place des nouvelles collections et à la restructuration du magasin. Je participais activement à atteindre les objectifs de vente hebdomadaire. Je veillais à l’efficacité de mon personnel, et j’encourageais l’amélioration du service auprès de notre clientèle.
Pros
travail d'équipe
Cons
travail physique difficile