Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews in Canada

Always changing products, fun place to work.
Shipper receiver and CSR (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2014
A typical day of work would be unloading the truck with new merchandise, receiving product up to and including proper pricing and then out onto the floor. I have and continue to learn a great deal about the various products as they come in which ofcourse makes it easier to sell if you know the items inside out. My co-workers are a blast and we all work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is when my shift ends and I have to go home. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a part of the Company.
Pros
the ladies i work with always bring in baked goods.
Cons
not enough hours.
Wonderful people and important skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCMay 24, 2014
Learned about merchandising and customer service and sales. Learned how to take instruction and work by oneself after being asked to do a task. Interacting with customers was something that everyone did at the workplace, allowed for growth with verbal communication skills.
Great work environment and great management
Seasonal Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 5, 2014
At Pier 1 Imports I had my first real introduction to cashier skills. The management was very kind and easy to work with. They took the time to teach all necessary skills. The work environment was great, all co-workers worked together in a efficient team. Overall a great place to work
fun place to work, no job security
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work involves prepping the store for opening, and greeting our customers upon their entering the store.
Helping them find great pieces to enhance their home is the objective!
Great staff, goal oriented, fun environment.
Pros
great staff, working around your available hours
Cons
no job security
Productive and a fun place to work at!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCApril 3, 2014
They give you lots of product knowledge, They teach you how to build things. We do role play to practice how to deal with customers.
The Management is amazing and personable and the team that she hires are very competent and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
bonuses through out the year
Cons
not enough hours and no 15 min breaks if you work 5 hours straight
vibrant and busy work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER/SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Leader, LANGFORD VICTORIA BCMarch 10, 2014
I loved my job and the product in this busy and vibrant store]]

Every day was new and exciting and helping the customers create new ideas for their homes
productive buisness, could use more shifts.
Sales Associate/ cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day on the floor: Selling and promoting sales and events, helping customers and team members or managers with tasks when needed, working on cash.

A typical day on the truck: Unpacking items, repricing items, stocking items onto trolley for distribution to store shelves.

Management: Nice individuals, assigns positions and zones in the store, explains what needs to be accomplished and goals for the day.

Co workers: Easy going, nice people.

Hardest part of the job: Not busy enough

Most enjoyable: Busy days with lots to do.
Pros
short shifts nice people, easy work to do, good environment to work in.
Cons
not busy some days, can be slow. sometimes too many people working, not enough work to do.
Enjoyable to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Overall I enjoy working for this company. Great environment.
Very fun place
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2013
A very nice and fun place to work
I just could not get Full Time hours there
Pros
very nice place to work
Cons
i just could not get full time hours there
Really fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 15, 2013
Pier one is a wonderful place to work. Everyone I work with feel like my second family and they make coming to work enjoyable. There is always something to do and that makes the shifts pass by quickly. The management are there to help and are always willing to. The hardest part is when displays need to be done. There is a guideline to follow but sometimes we don't have the product. It always turns out okay though, because we make it happen! The easiest part is coming to work and being there. The atmosphere that has been created is welcoming and fun.
Challenging
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2013
Working at Pier 1 was a great experience, very busy and always a challenge with the amount of SKU's in the store. Being the Visual Manager was a real learning curve, working with plan-o-grams, store layout and the sheer volume of merchandise really taught me how to refine my skills and think on my feet.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of experience I had when I took the position, the learning curve was massive. I had been merchandising for years but this was on such a huge scale.
The best part of the job was the challenge every day to have the store to the Pier 1 standard, working with the staff I had and sharing our experiences, it was a wonderful job!
Pros
the challenge
Cons
starting at 6 am
awfull workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ONMay 14, 2013
only girls working on the floor with me. Manager was so rude, clearly favored the girls over me. was never happy
Enjoyable atmosphere, good management, and stimulating.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 17, 2012
Outstanding environment to work in due to helpful management and strong staff bond. The company as a whole takes great pride in their merchandise, as well as their employees and customer service.

I work as a sales associate and cashier, but very often work in the stock room as well. I typically replenish merchandise, set up merchandise displays, tag sales and liquidations, and organise overstock items. Every week I help to unload, unwrap, and price new/replenishment merchandise, as well as verify customer orders.

The job has taught me how to multitask effectively, and the importance of organisation and teamwork. I have been helpful in keeping the store productive, and I am proud of my contributions. The hardest part of the job is the continuos upkeep of both the floor and stock room. Displays are not only updated with every holiday/season, but are constantly altered in order to accomodate fluctuations in merchandise quantities. This requires off-hour work late into the night, as well as starting early in the morning, so as not to cause interference when the store is open. That being said, there is always something to be done, which means the job never feels stagnant.
Pros
great co-workers and management, has given me valuable experience.
Cons
varying hours, little room for advancement.
great staff, great product line, great upper management
Part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 23, 2012
great product lines,
co-workers are great
always feel like part of a team
management are fair
Pros
excellent work conditions
Cons
rate of pay
Nice and unique merchandise
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Hard work but no appreciation. i like my work at pier 1 imports but i am not getting enough hours.
Pros
25% employee discount
Cons
no hours
Good environment, friendly staff, positive surroundings.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2012
They strive to have a positive atmosphere and they get that. If it's not working, we worked at it. Communication is key.
Pros
amicable, civil, tolerable, good quality products.
Cons
unstable shifts, sometimes inflexible with personal schedule.
Relaxed environment
Sales Associate/Cashier(Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 19, 2012
- Managment was great dealing with staff and customers
- holiday season was cheerful and pleasant
- co-workers were friendly
- assistising customers how to decorate their home
- help pick out holiday gifts
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
seasonal hours
Good productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, OntarioMay 27, 2012
Varied customer base.

I learned how to deal with various types of people and how to do fast transactions in my head.

The management were friendly and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was probably moving some of the massive items of stock.

The most enjoyable part was sealing a massive sale.
Pros
good discount
productive
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QCMay 17, 2016
entreprise agreable environnement productive travaille d'equipe agreable
Pros
Exemple : Repas gratuits
environnement de travail productif
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMarch 15, 2016
Je gérais l’embauche et la formation du personnel. Les transferts d’items entre les différents magasins de la province. Je planifiais les horaires et entraînais le nouveau personnel. Je faisais des rapports quotidiens et hebdomadaires sur les ventes, la fréquentation de la clientèle. Je procédais à la mise en place des nouvelles collections et à la restructuration du magasin. Je participais activement à atteindre les objectifs de vente hebdomadaire. Je veillais à l’efficacité de mon personnel, et j’encourageais l’amélioration du service auprès de notre clientèle.
Pros
travail d'équipe
Cons
travail physique difficile