Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable atmosphere, good management, and stimulating.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and management, has given me valuable experience.
Cons: varying hours, little room for advancement.
Outstanding environment to work in due to helpful management and strong staff bond. The company as a whole takes great pride in their merchandise, as well as their employees and customer service.

I work as a sales associate and cashier, but very often work in the stock room as well. I typically replenish merchandise, set up merchandise displays, tag sales and liquidations, and organise overstock items. Every week I help to unload, unwrap, and price new/replenishment merchandise, as well as verify customer orders.

The job has taught me how to multitask effectively, and the importance of organisation and teamwork. I have been helpful in keeping the store productive, and I am proud of my contributions. The hardest part of the job is the continuos upkeep of both the floor and stock room. Displays are not only updated with every holiday/season, but are constantly altered in order to accomodate fluctuations in merchandise quantities. This requires off-hour work late into the night, as well as starting early in the morning, so as not to cause interference when the store is open. That being said, there is always something to be done, which means the job never feels stagnant.
Nice and unique merchandise
sales associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: 25% employee discount
Cons: no hours
Hard work but no appreciation. i like my work at pier 1 imports but i am not getting enough hours.
Good environment, friendly staff, positive surroundings.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: amicable, civil, tolerable, good quality products.
Cons: unstable shifts, sometimes inflexible with personal schedule.
They strive to have a positive atmosphere and they get that. If it's not working, we worked at it. Communication is key.
Equipe superbe
Responsable de l'équipe de ventes (Former Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCFebruary 15, 2015
Les personnes qui y travailler depuis longtemps sont génial