Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, creative goal-oriented environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, TXAugust 26, 2014
My job involved greeting customers as they entered, assisting them in finding and choosing products, and register duties, including returns/exchanges. My co-workers and management were always friendly and very helpful, willing to work with my schedule and answer any questions I had. The hardest (and least enjoyable) part for me was up-selling products – more... and the credit card our company offered. However, I enjoyed my time at Pier 1 very much. – less
Great place to start
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 25, 2014
Been with the company for four years. Great place to start. They are continuing to grow and opening stores.
Nice, Home-y environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 23, 2014
I was always busy due to the amount of employees on the floor during certain times, but I liked it that way. Pleasant place to work overall; friendly, happy people.
Fun and Challenging Work Place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day is never the same. Every day is different.

I love the team that I work with!

I have learned a lot from working for Pier 1 for 11 years. The hardest part about the job is balancing my family and my career with the demands of the hours and the changing scheduel from week to week.

I enjoy developing team members for thier owm promotions – more... within the company! – less
Very interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Worked with customers on a daily basis. Greeted, directed, and handled purchases, exchanges, and returns.
Fun but VERY demanding
Customer Sales Leader (Current Employee), Garland, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good ins, flexable schedule, low turnover, great employee appreciation
Cons: short breaks, minimal room for growth
I went into this job ready for a change and willing to learn but after 4 months it became obvious I bit off more than I could chew. Pier 1 is very much a horse of a different color. With a background in clothing retail and customer service management for 6 years I thought that I could handle it but the demands that they put on you, mentally, physically, – more... and professionally, I was not ready for.
I would typically work a 1:30p to 9:45p shift with a 30min lunch daily. I also got 2 or 3 days off a week depending on the week. Being a part time Sales Leader, I had the same management duties as the Store Manager or the Assistant Store Manager, w/o the pay and the title, while she was off the sales floor or not in the store. I usually worked a total of about 25-32 hrs a week. That work included unloading truck that came once a week and could be as large as 42 feet and filled with couches, chairs, tables, benches, dressers, and various other merchandise as well as online orders and in store orders that needed to be assembled or un-packaged and ready for customer pick up as well as moving freight to the sales floor, customer service, sales, and management duties.
The biggest and hardest thing that I learned from this job is if you are not able or comfortable balancing 7-10 different tasks, physical, mental, and in your face, all at once, don't do it. With this job you have to have your head on a swivel at ALL times and have eyes in the back of your head. You are the moving company, the point of sale person, the manager, the leader, the interior decorator, the moderator, the visual merchandiser, the voice of reason, the unhealthy addiction feeder, the Jack or Jackie of all traits. You wear SO many different hats at the same time sometimes you loose yourself from the chaos.
I greatly enjoyed my time at Pier 1 and learned a great deal while I was employed there. This job is definitely a challenge and for some people, like my SM and my ASM, it is a perfect fit. But the biggest draw that this job had for me was the stability. Everyone that I spoke with from the company prior to joining the team had been with the company for years and was still there. Now when I say years I'm not talking about 2-3 years. I'm talking about employees that have been with this company for anywhere from 6 to 26 years and still love it. So if you are looking for stability and ready for a challenge, this job is probably a great fit for you.
The management and staff are usually very friendly and knowledgeable. I cant speak for other stores but I know that the staff at the store I was at was very friendly and actually care about one another. They work as a team and really try to present themselves that way. But if you are the weakest link, the management will let you know. Focusing on Sales Figures, if yours are not where they should be, and after coaching and working to improve them for a couple of months is still not helping, and as a Sales Leader, your figures hinder your SM from getting a bonus for making a her figures for the quarter, you are not looked upon very happily. You are usually called into the store office and given a very stern,"I know you love your job and customers and staff really like you but you might want to reevaluate that this is the right place for you" talk. But overall Pier 1 is a great place to work and learn and be a part of a highly physical team. – less
Great place to learn great customer service skills
Sales Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 17, 2014
• As a Sales Leader, responsible for opening and closing the store, managing associates and their tasks which include making sales, opening credit cards, cleaning and maintaining the store
• As an Associate, Creating orders for customers
• Cash on hand and process debit/credit card payments/phone sales
• Customer service
• Merchandising products
Terrible
Former employee in the works (Current Employee), Destin, FlAugust 17, 2014
Pros: discount. period.
Cons: no training, poor management, too many associates, they only schedule 4-5 hour shifts...
Pier 1 could be a great place to work, but like many gargantuan retailers all they care about is the bottom line...I.E. sell credit cards!!!

Management is HELLA terrible!
Public fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseburg ORAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great management team
I enjoyed meeting and talking to the public about merchandise
Exciting and great work environment
Seasonal Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: extensive work hours on holidays
Great staff and fun to work with. The management was easy and flexible with shifts and hours distributed.
Friendly and helpful coworkers and managers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Middletown, NYAugust 12, 2014
Everyone is positive and wants the best for our customers. Easy to ask for help and guidance.
I love this place!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MOAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free luches, associate celebrations, and contest
Pier 1 Imports is a very easy going, friendly, welcoming, and fun place to work and even to shop as once I was a customer. I learned that just being creative means so much to our staff and customers while they are shopping. I can honestly say there is no part of any day I have worked here that was hard for me. I love all aspects of this job and my team – more... I work with. – less
its ok
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: pay is low
co workers awesome, management lacking in skills, very driven to push credit card sales
Fun but can get stressful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2014
Fun job until things become unorganized. Best part of the job is meeting new people and hearing other peoples design ideas.
Fun place to work, get to meet lots of great customers!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: pay
A typical day is greeting customers and helping them with their purchases. We have a lot of repeat customers so they really become your friends. We learn their styles and preferences. Pier 1 employes a lot of really enjoyable people so going to work is fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 4, 2014
Productive and fun, unloaded trucks and put away merchandise on showroom floor. Dealing with customers and sales.
Interactive, ever-changing environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 31, 2014
I work a variety of shifts including opening, midday, and closing shifts. My job consists of greeting and assisting customers, running the register, answering telephones, putting merchandise on display, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new customers every day.
enjoyable and interesting.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the variety of interesting merchadise.
Cons: not able to get enough hours because i am part-time.
I like to go into work and expierence the variety of customers and merchadise that we have. I enjoy working with the variety of managers and co-workers they make work fun.
Good place to work and buy items
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), South Huntington, NYJuly 26, 2014
Great place to work if you like customer service. Merchandise in this store is very nice.
Poor Management in Customer Relations
customer service (Former Employee), home officeJuly 25, 2014
Pros: people, customer service
Cons: management, communication, pay, procedures, not enough training
I worked in the Customer Service department and I do not recommend this place to anyone. I actually recently quit because the communication between management was horrible. Supervisors giving our incorrect information and then blaming you for doing things wrong. I was there three months and everyone who started with me (17 of us) wants to get out, they – more... all want leave. Forget about having a life with the "rotating" schedule, leaving at 11pm many nights, not having time to spend with your family. Some aspects are horrible and management will not fix them. Procedures where on department does not know what the other is doing. I'm sure other departments are good to work at, from what I have seen. DO NOT WORK HERE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Stores call in and ask for your help on store operations but we were not trained, we just try to wing it and hope nothing breaks. STAY AWAY FROM PIER 1.

ALSO DO NOT SHOP AT THEIR STORES. – less

About Pier 1 Imports

We believe we have something special going on here at Pier 1 Imports. Our culture is about our attitude toward business, how we – Read more