Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

Great store
Interim Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 October 2017
Working in the store is an excellent experience, you get to dabble in many aspects of the customer experience and learn to create a well rounded and positive shopping experience but, the company doesn't value its employees as much as it should. We work very hard to meet sales targets and KPI's but we are not recognized through our pay. They make it difficult to advocate for ourselves and they do not recognize loyalty.
productive place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 October 2017
This was for my internship so I ca learn more about the world I want to work in and do had fun doing g the displays and stuff like thay as being around d people while working made the day go faster
fun workplace with very friendly co-workers/ environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
the work environment was pleasant and fun, co-workers and management are helpful and i enjoyed the freedom of flexible hours. i learned new organizational and stocking skills.
internship
Interior Decorating Internship (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 September 2017
did my internship with them did many displays for them it was fun but i didnt learn much here i wish i did my internship other place to have more experience in with this
You get to see alot of cool furniture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 September 2017
Working at Pier one has a slower pace, at times you lack things to do. I attained knowledge of how to "front face" and how to arrange shelving. In the back stock room and was able to build my knowledge of SKU's and improve my organisational skills.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
empty store, long hours
Benefits and discount
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Florida20 August 2017
Loyal customers, great discount.

Low salaries for ASM and Key holders, very difficult to attract talent. Work environment in older stores is not a priority. Break rooms for team cannot be painted, floors have not been deep cleaned in years.
Pros
Benefits, discount
Cons
It, store support, facilities, poor work/life balance
Customer focused
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2017
very comfortable work environment. Product however is very expensive, especially when you look at the quality of what you're buying. I worked at one location but was always making visits to local ones and one thing i did notice was everywhere i went, the staff was phenomenal.
Easy job, no benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
A very easy job. No full-time hours available, no benefits. Must be available evenings and weekends. Heavy lifting required. Staff at my location are nice, other locations not so much. Usually very accommodating with hours, sometimes not.
Cons
No benefits
Fun co-workers, management needs to improve
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Really fun work environment, co-workers are awesome. Management needs to improve, from store managers to district managers. Can be hard work, but it is worth it. You become really familiar with the 'regulars', and its always nice to have a visit when they come in.
Decent Workplace, less than stellar environment
Warehouse/Sales Associate (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 August 2017
- Friendly staff and coworkers

- Average retail environment, very focused on presentation and customer relations

- Very behind in technologies that would make freight and product organization much easier for staff to handle ( heavy cabinets and such have to be unloaded and lifted by hand, there is no consistent organization of merchandise in the back, and handling merchandise in general is very physical and tiring, especially over long shifts.

- Workplace culture however, is very strong, but younger individuals may feel out of place.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Extremely physical, very uncomfortable work conditions
great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 July 2017
selling
helping customers
unloading stock
doing inventory
doing displays
management good to work with
head office good to deal with
hardest part very physical work
best part helping customers
fun workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2017
lots of hours at Christmas time, fun people, the store is very uplifting and visually pleasing. customers are wonderful to work with and the decor is great.
Pros
nice store
Relaxed workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 July 2017
Very relaxed during the day, but there can be a lot of gossip between certain associates. Mostly all fun people though. Company is well organised and everything works like it should.
Pros
Low stress, relaxed environment
Cons
No opportunity for full time hours
Great learning environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 June 2017
When I interviewed at Pier One, I didn't have any sales experience. Even so, they hired me on as a seasonal sales associate and taught me all about the Pier One sales platform. It was a great learning environment and the sales team was always helpful. There were lots of sales challenges and a general good natured atmospher to the store i worked in. The only part that i felt they were dishonest with me about was the likely hood of the position possibly lasting longer than the Christmas season. All in all, I would work at Pier one again on a part time basis. Maybe in a different department however.
Pros
Good management team, great learning environment
Cons
Short on hours.
good people to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 June 2017
Customer service - and customer satisfaction - customer leaving happy.
making sure all product is left tidy
Management is good to work for and understands employees needs
the most difficult part of the day is helping customers who are hard to please and generally grumpy.
the most important part of the day is learning new things and working with the other employees
Pros
working in clean and happy environment
Cons
learning to deal with difficult people
love the workplace there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC12 June 2017
love the job but in the end was taking too long to get there and at first it was maybe 50 mins to come home at the end it was almost an 1h 30 mins... the environment for work was excellent though nice staff and management
Pros
love the ob
Cons
took too long to go home by bus
I love Pier 1's stuff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 May 2017
Most of the time it was an ok place to work but there was a lot of nastiness going on. Management were always bickering with each other. I liked my job in the backroom, liked my duties but felt a little tension that could sometimes ruin my day :(
Pros
I love Pier 1 Imports
Cons
Nasty management
Unorganized and failing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2017
At Pier 1 Imports, they consistently fail to make sales goals because of the unorganized database and their inability to keep up with today's technology. They make sure that you almost never advance in the company. Even supervisors and people who have worked there for over 10 years don't get full-time working hours. They do this to avoid paying any overtime and benefits. Their system is outdated and unorganized, and this severely impacts their productivity. I found that we wasted hours every day on meaningless tasks that don't benefit us. This is because their policies need to be updated as well.
Pros
Fun Staff (Only Good Thing)
Cons
Bad pay, Inconsiderate Management, and nearly Impossible to advance.
Ensemble de travaille positif avec le personnel
Leader des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 March 2017
J'ai toujours hâte d'aller travailler, car nous avons une bonne équipe de gestion et ainsi les employées. Je vais partie de les décisions de la gérance. je vois présentement au bon fonctionnement de la réception de la marchandise avec une équipe. Il n'y pas aucun aspect difficile dans mon poste, car il y a toujours une solution a tout problème. L'aspect le plus agréable C'est de revoir le client qui a été servie par moi et qu'il revienne me voir pour de nouveau conseil
Pros
avoir une bonne équipe
Cons
courte pose
Laid back environment, bit boring
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2017
Great part-time job. Very laid back, sometimes can be quite boring for lack of traffic through store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.