Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and enthusiastic workplace
Assitant Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: discount, and working with a great group of people
Cons: no advancments for my location
I have learned a lot from Pier 1 and the associates as well. I love the company and the product. The only reason I am leaving is because there is no room for advancements.

The people would be my favorite part about working for Pier 1.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Sales Representative/Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), woodbridge,ontSeptember 22, 2015
receiving store merchandise
put away store merchandise
awesome staff and management to work with
most enjoyable part of the job is doing store merchandise display
Would not recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Monotonous labor, hours of standing time, stressful.
Everything about how we have to interact with the customers is so fake. Meetings involve watching videos of people at the top of the ladder lie about how exciting everything is and it looks like their smiles are about to fall off their faces. Every day I come home absolutely exhausted from pretending to be happy and bursting with energy for 8 hours. Only get one 30 min break for entire shift so I hope you like standing in place for many hours. If it's a shipment day then you'll be lifting boxes and organizing them for 2 hours, followed by unboxing and labelling for the rest of your shift (this sometimes carries over to the next day).
If it's a busy day then it doesn't phase you much because you always have something to do, but if it's a slow day then you still have to be standing even when you've organized everything 3 times over and you're not even allowed to lean on the counter because it's considered unprofessional.
Very high-stress job because there is so much pressure to make goal every day/week/month and if you don't make sale or conversion goal then your manager will harp on everyone the next day, even if it was completely out of our control.

Only good part of the job is that everyone you work with is in the same boat so there is a sense of comradery amongst the associates. Also easy to take time off and change your availability.
awesome environment, strenuous wrok.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: great products and people
Cons: physical labor and long hours
Opening the store, coaching the team in the morning. Explaining sale goals for the day. Assigning task. Managing the store. Helping with customer issues.

Learning how to delegate and have a balanced work load.
Strong company guidelines to follow.

The physical labor was the hardest part, placing furniture. Lifting 50lbs or more. Unloading truck.

The team was great and had a positive influence on the store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), OakvilleAugust 27, 2015
I love working with my coworkers and management, we are somewhat of a family. For the most part, customers are wonderful as well. Some tasks are repetitive, but there is always a new lesson or piece of information to be learned.
Extremely positive in regards to co-workers
Sales floor specialist (Former Employee), LondonJuly 30, 2015
Fantastic environment to work in, with wonderful people. There was a switch up in management which made some things tough, but overall a pleasant experience.
really low wages with little to no raises
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2015
Cons: Low wages
I do not mind this job, i just really do not enjoy getting paid minimum wage and the fact that only management gets benefits.
Pier 1 Imports was a wonderful company to work for and I do look forward to future employment opportunities
held as a Sales Associate in Global imports (Former Employee), London, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Encouraging workplace atmosphere
The aspect of Customer Service care and product knowledge was always encouraged through monthly team meetings. Training for new computer and inventory systems were available and co-workers, as well as management was always very helpful.
Customer Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Little to no hours
A typical day at work involved assisting customers needs and providing a solution to their relevant problem.
While at this job, I acquired the important skill of listening to customers needs, working in fast paced environment, and informing the customer about current promotions.
I also provided an efficient and friendly checkout for customers.
Fun and enthusiastic
Sales Associate / Cashier / Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 24, 2014
Everyone was a pleasure to work with. The manager at that time was very willing to work with my hours of availability. Very hands on opportunity to be up and moving with other employees and customers, sharing insight and everyone helped each other. Great Team environment.
Glittery fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 19, 2014
I enjoy the store and people here
4 hour shifts
Very friendly management
Co-workers are all nice people
Fragrance department is a bit stifling
dull boring and micro managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), torontoAugust 5, 2014
Cons: men are considered to be moving people essentially
my head manager was great but everyone else was basically just trying to force you in to the jobs they didnt wanna do
Always changing products, fun place to work.
Shipper receiver and CSR (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: the ladies i work with always bring in baked goods.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day of work would be unloading the truck with new merchandise, receiving product up to and including proper pricing and then out onto the floor. I have and continue to learn a great deal about the various products as they come in which ofcourse makes it easier to sell if you know the items inside out. My co-workers are a blast and we all work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is when my shift ends and I have to go home. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a part of the Company.
Great work environment and great management
Seasonal Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 5, 2014
At Pier 1 Imports I had my first real introduction to cashier skills. The management was very kind and easy to work with. They took the time to teach all necessary skills. The work environment was great, all co-workers worked together in a efficient team. Overall a great place to work
fun place to work, no job security
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: great staff, working around your available hours
Cons: no job security
A typical day at work involves prepping the store for opening, and greeting our customers upon their entering the store.
Helping them find great pieces to enhance their home is the objective!
Great staff, goal oriented, fun environment.
productive buisness, could use more shifts.
Sales Associate/ cashier (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: short shifts nice people, easy work to do, good environment to work in.
Cons: not busy some days, can be slow. sometimes too many people working, not enough work to do.
A typical day on the floor: Selling and promoting sales and events, helping customers and team members or managers with tasks when needed, working on cash.

A typical day on the truck: Unpacking items, repricing items, stocking items onto trolley for distribution to store shelves.

Management: Nice individuals, assigns positions and zones in the store, explains what needs to be accomplished and goals for the day.

Co workers: Easy going, nice people.

Hardest part of the job: Not busy enough

Most enjoyable: Busy days with lots to do.
Enjoyable to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Overall I enjoy working for this company. Great environment.
Very fun place
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2013
Pros: very nice place to work
Cons: i just could not get full time hours there
A very nice and fun place to work
I just could not get Full Time hours there
Really fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 15, 2013
Pier one is a wonderful place to work. Everyone I work with feel like my second family and they make coming to work enjoyable. There is always something to do and that makes the shifts pass by quickly. The management are there to help and are always willing to. The hardest part is when displays need to be done. There is a guideline to follow but sometimes we don't have the product. It always turns out okay though, because we make it happen! The easiest part is coming to work and being there. The atmosphere that has been created is welcoming and fun.
awfull workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), ottawa, ONMay 14, 2013
only girls working on the floor with me. Manager was so rude, clearly favored the girls over me. was never happy
Headquarters