Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely positive in regards to co-workers
Sales floor specialist (Former Employee), LondonJuly 30, 2015
Fantastic environment to work in, with wonderful people. There was a switch up in management which made some things tough, but overall a pleasant experience.
really low wages with little to no raises
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2015
Cons: Low wages
I do not mind this job, i just really do not enjoy getting paid minimum wage and the fact that only management gets benefits.
Pier 1 Imports was a wonderful company to work for and I do look forward to future employment opportunities
held as a Sales Associate in Global imports (Former Employee), London, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Encouraging workplace atmosphere
The aspect of Customer Service care and product knowledge was always encouraged through monthly team meetings. Training for new computer and inventory systems were available and co-workers, as well as management was always very helpful.
Customer Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Little to no hours
A typical day at work involved assisting customers needs and providing a solution to their relevant problem.
While at this job, I acquired the important skill of listening to customers needs, working in fast paced environment, and informing the customer about current promotions.
I also provided an efficient and friendly checkout for customers.
Fun and enthusiastic
Sales Associate / Cashier / Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 24, 2014
Everyone was a pleasure to work with. The manager at that time was very willing to work with my hours of availability. Very hands on opportunity to be up and moving with other employees and customers, sharing insight and everyone helped each other. Great Team environment.
Glittery fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 19, 2014
I enjoy the store and people here
4 hour shifts
Very friendly management
Co-workers are all nice people
Fragrance department is a bit stifling
dull boring and micro managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), torontoAugust 5, 2014
Cons: men are considered to be moving people essentially
my head manager was great but everyone else was basically just trying to force you in to the jobs they didnt wanna do
Always changing products, fun place to work.
Shipper receiver and CSR (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: the ladies i work with always bring in baked goods.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day of work would be unloading the truck with new merchandise, receiving product up to and including proper pricing and then out onto the floor. I have and continue to learn a great deal about the various products as they come in which ofcourse makes it easier to sell if you know the items inside out. My co-workers are a blast and we all work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is when my shift ends and I have to go home. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a part of the Company.
Great work environment and great management
Seasonal Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 5, 2014
At Pier 1 Imports I had my first real introduction to cashier skills. The management was very kind and easy to work with. They took the time to teach all necessary skills. The work environment was great, all co-workers worked together in a efficient team. Overall a great place to work
fun place to work, no job security
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: great staff, working around your available hours
Cons: no job security
A typical day at work involves prepping the store for opening, and greeting our customers upon their entering the store.
Helping them find great pieces to enhance their home is the objective!
Great staff, goal oriented, fun environment.
productive buisness, could use more shifts.
Sales Associate/ cashier (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: short shifts nice people, easy work to do, good environment to work in.
Cons: not busy some days, can be slow. sometimes too many people working, not enough work to do.
A typical day on the floor: Selling and promoting sales and events, helping customers and team members or managers with tasks when needed, working on cash.

A typical day on the truck: Unpacking items, repricing items, stocking items onto trolley for distribution to store shelves.

Management: Nice individuals, assigns positions and zones in the store, explains what needs to be accomplished and goals for the day.

Co workers: Easy going, nice people.

Hardest part of the job: Not busy enough

Most enjoyable: Busy days with lots to do.
Enjoyable to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Overall I enjoy working for this company. Great environment.
Very fun place
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2013
Pros: very nice place to work
Cons: i just could not get full time hours there
A very nice and fun place to work
I just could not get Full Time hours there
Really fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 15, 2013
Pier one is a wonderful place to work. Everyone I work with feel like my second family and they make coming to work enjoyable. There is always something to do and that makes the shifts pass by quickly. The management are there to help and are always willing to. The hardest part is when displays need to be done. There is a guideline to follow but sometimes we don't have the product. It always turns out okay though, because we make it happen! The easiest part is coming to work and being there. The atmosphere that has been created is welcoming and fun.
awfull workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), ottawa, ONMay 14, 2013
only girls working on the floor with me. Manager was so rude, clearly favored the girls over me. was never happy
Enjoyable atmosphere, good management, and stimulating.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and management, has given me valuable experience.
Cons: varying hours, little room for advancement.
Outstanding environment to work in due to helpful management and strong staff bond. The company as a whole takes great pride in their merchandise, as well as their employees and customer service.

I work as a sales associate and cashier, but very often work in the stock room as well. I typically replenish merchandise, set up merchandise displays, tag sales and liquidations, and organise overstock items. Every week I help to unload, unwrap, and price new/replenishment merchandise, as well as verify customer orders.

The job has taught me how to multitask effectively, and the importance of organisation and teamwork. I have been helpful in keeping the store productive, and I am proud of my contributions. The hardest part of the job is the continuos upkeep of both the floor and stock room. Displays are not only updated with every holiday/season, but are constantly altered in order to accomodate fluctuations in merchandise quantities. This requires off-hour work late into the night, as well as starting early in the morning, so as not to cause interference when the store is open. That being said, there is always something to be done, which means the job never feels stagnant.
Nice and unique merchandise
sales associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: 25% employee discount
Cons: no hours
Hard work but no appreciation. i like my work at pier 1 imports but i am not getting enough hours.
Good environment, friendly staff, positive surroundings.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: amicable, civil, tolerable, good quality products.
Cons: unstable shifts, sometimes inflexible with personal schedule.
They strive to have a positive atmosphere and they get that. If it's not working, we worked at it. Communication is key.
Equipe superbe
Responsable de l'équipe de ventes (Former Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCFebruary 15, 2015
Les personnes qui y travailler depuis longtemps sont génial
Headquarters