Pickle Barrel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working at Pickle Barrel
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: long hours, head manager is agressive and rude, very unprofessional
Working as a Hostess in pickle barrel has always been a stressful and busy job. Us hostesses have to deal with customers complaints, take consideration of timing whenever sitting a customer in each server tables, deal with appointments and cancellation, find ways to increase the restaurant pace once dealing with long-line up, and appease to customer satisfactory once they come and go. We are basically the face of the restaurant. People will judge the restaurant base on how they first see us-till they leave. Although it is stressful, I love it at the same time. I guess I just work better in stressful environments.
Nice workplace overall but not professional hours were not guarenteed
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: food discount
Cons: poor training, unprofessional, lack of hours
As a hostess sometimes i went into work for just 2/3 hours of work. I had to travel and hour for a two hour shift and management could let you off at any time and I just made minimum wage. They had nice staff but everyone felt the lack of job security.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Take-out Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: half-price off the menu at lunch
Cons: n/a
As my job at Pickle Barrel, I was one of the few employees who had a job to do almost every dutie in a everyday full time job from multi-tasking from hostess to the take out cashier and being the dessert bar attendant, etc. The co-workers at Pickle Barrel were exceptional, very friendly while training, patiences, it feels like we're all a family working together to satisfy our customers 100%. The hardest part of the job to me is leaving work when the day is done, because working at Pickle Barrel was a job I really enjoyed doing. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer leave with a smile on their face, then you know they are satisfied.
Good Experience
Hostess (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: standing all day
Working as a hostess at the pickle barrel was a good experience. I really liked the staff and interacting with customers.
fast paced workplace with friendly employees
SERVER (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: difficult kitchen staff
Very fast paced. Always busy.. and great front of house staff members!! The back of house staff members not so much, very difficult to get them to listen.
Great People, Very Poor Management
Server (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free food, great people, great discounts
Cons: poor management, big menu (slows service a lot)
Management is very unorganized, has lots of potential to be a good restaurant.
Back of the house is very poorly coordinated, impacts the service a lot.
great environment
Line & Server (Former Employee), BramaleaJuly 31, 2014
I have learned Time Management, I work well with my co-workers they made it easy when I started there
There was room for advancement and learning new trades of the job
Server/Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 6, 2013
Was a great working environment
Got along with co-workers and management
always had a good time
Learned great manager skills
working experiences
Host and serving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Enjoy working in a group with others love to gain experience to better my work skills and partnership by working with others.
Café Girl, Hostess (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free food, friendly co-workers
My co-op experience at Pickle Barrel was amazing. I enjoyed my time there. Everyone at Pickle Barrel was friendly and easy to get along with, my typical work day would be taking phone calls, greeting and seating customers and work at cafe and do take out orders. What i loved about working at Pickle Barrel was that i got to try out most of the food while i was working there. My job wasn't hard, but at times i would have to help serve food to customers.
Café Girl, Hostess (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free food, friendly co-workers
Productive, fun, exciting
Waitress (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioMarch 9, 2012
Pros: free lunch, cool managers
Cons: no benefits
i loved every bit of it, loved the environment, love my team members was a second home