Title: Maestro Pizzaiolo—Pizza Chef/ Cooking Staff
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Idustry: Food and Beverage
Company: Piatto Pizzeria and Enoteca
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for qualified individuals to join our team in the role of Maestro Pizziaolo (pizza chef/ cook). Piatto Pizzeria serves authentically prepared and cooked Neapolitan Pizza, making our Pizziaolos a very important aspect of our business. The methods by which we prepare and cook our pizzas is very specific and is done in accordance with the standards and guidelines set out by the VPN Association (based in Naples). As such it is very important that we work with pizza chefs who are able to learn and implements these methods as effectively as possible.
- Prepare all necessary ingredients for making pizza and other menu items
- Prepare (stretch and top) and cook (in our 900 degree oven) pizzas in the Neapolitan style, in accordance with VPN standards.
- Organize and set up the pizza making area.
- Organize and set up prep kitchen.
- Clean thoroughly all areas of activity.
- Develop new menu items in the form of pizza and aperitivo.
- Experience in pizza making (preferably Neapolitan style)
- Has 2+ years experience as a chef/ pizzaiolo
- English language skills
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn, follow instruction, and train new chefs in the VPN style of pizza making.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience or formal training with a VPN certified restaurant or educational institution.
- Experience working in Italy with other experienced Pizziaolos
- Strong work ethic
- Creativity and enthousiasm for pizza making
- Experience in several different positions within the restaurant industry.
- Effective communication skills, in order to pass their skills and training on to new Piatto chefs and cooking staff.
Piatto Pizzeria is a St. John’s based restaurant company which offers an authentic Neapolitan dining experience combined with premium wine services and events held in our “Enoteca” (wine bar).
If you have the above qualifications, are self motivated and are enthusiastic about joining a young organization with an international vision, then piatto may be the perfect fit for you.
*References regarding past working experience and educational credentials will be requested and checked after a satisfactory review of your CV.