We’re looking for a Summer Student Intern - someone who’s passionate about graphic design, creative and energetic.
The Job: Summer Student Intern – Graphic Design Coordinator
The Role: Assist with the design and layout of marketing collateral and collaborate on the re-design of our website
Key responsibilities include:
- Creation and layout of print and digital collateral
- Resize and touch-up of existing artwork
- Source creative assets for handoff and execution
- Manage creative delivery schedules
- Help maintain and organize digital assets and artwork
- Participate in creative ideation sessions and brainstorms
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and have an eye for errors - both visual and textual
- Knowledge of corporate branding, layouts and typography
- Understanding of printing standards and methodologies
- Must be comfortable opening and working with existing creative files
What’s in it for You?
- Real-time recognition for your achievements: at the end of the internship you’ll have a suite of material to add to your portfolio and an amazing reference letter in support of your work
- We’re focused on helping you develop your career; our innovative and forward-thinking culture is fostered by learning and development
- We offer flexible business hours including closing early on Fridays during the summer months.
PiCo Design Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of architectural and engineering equipment and supplies. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we rely on a small team of professionals to distribute our products to dealers throughout Canada, the United States and other global marketplaces.
If you think that you’re our Graphic Design Coordinator, send your resume and a brief statement about how you fit the role by April 23, 2013. Please note: This unpaid placement is for the period May - August 2013.
At PiCo Design, we recognize the value of diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. While we appreciate all interest, due to the volume of responses only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.