Maintain the day-to-day operations and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Property Maintenance Person.
· Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
· Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by the Property Manager.
· Performs repair jobs including drywall repair, ceiling repair, carpet repair, office furniture repair and other handyman type work.
· Maintains all base building doors and hardware and ensures that closing devices operate within the requirements of local building and fire codes.
· Provides services to the building tenants in a highly professional manner.
· Work within expense limits established.
· Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
· Schedule and complete the "Preventative Maintenance Program".
· Coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
· Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
· Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
· Carry cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
· Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
· Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
· Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
· Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor as determined
· Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
· Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company and provincial guidelines.
· Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
· Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
· 5+ years of extensive maintenance experience
· Experience in troubleshooting electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and machine units
· Possession of recognized qualification papers (Province of Ontario) in trade of Millwright, Electrician, Plumber and/or Carpenter
· Knowledge of safety procedures
· Ability to work flex schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies
· Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· Good oral and communication skills; excellent problem solving; interpersonal; organizational and planning; and ability to make decisions
· Must provide own basic tools
· Technologically savvy
· This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
· 'G' class Ontario driver's license