Phyton Biotech is a global provider of chemotherapeutic agents including Paclitaxel and Docetaxel Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s) and Taxane intermediates.
With comprehensive upstream and downstream capabilities, ranging from fermentation to natural and semi-synthetic purification, we are focused on capacity, reliability, and quality in taxane API supply to our generic and branded pharmaceutical customers.
Phyton services also includes development of new API’s using taxanes as a starting material; or by combining fermentation, including plant cell or other expression systems, with world class chemical synthesis and other purification methods. Currently, Phyton Biotech is recruiting for the following position:
Title: Chemical Operations Technologist I
Department: Manufacturing Operations
Status: Regular, Full-time, Permanent
Chemical Operations Technologists are responsible for the manufacture of Phyton's active pharmaceutical ingredients (API's) and intermediates at development and commercial scale which meet GMP and Phyton’s quality requirements. Responsibilities not only include the manufacture of the intermediates and final API’s but also the related cleaning, packaging, upkeep of the manufacturing facility and continued production and safety training.
Primary Responsibilities (others may be assigned, as required):
- Work within the Manufacturing Operations team to manufacture Phyton’s API’s and intermediates in a commercial / non-laboratory setting
- Follow the directions of leaders and supervisor(s) to ensure work is completed on time and within the quality specifications
- Proactively work within a team environment to complete assigned activities
- Support Phyton and external customers product manufacture as required
- Train and become proficient in the operation and cleaning of reactors, process vessels, pumps, chromatography systems, solvent recovery systems and other related process equipment and systems
- Train and adhere to Phyton's quality, compliance and safety requirements
- Efficiently use tools to disassemble and assemble production equipment for cleaning, production use and preventative maintenance
- Complete work efficiently per the procedures with a thorough understanding of the underlying priorities
- Ability to follow written procedures and document the work in a clear and legible manner
- Ability to understand when assistance is required and make the request to senior staff.
- Flexibility with regards to the ability to support manufacturing activities outside of 9AM – 5PM as required.
Required Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing related work experience (e.g. foods, nutraceuticals, pharmaceutical, chemical) with a minimum of a B.Sc. in life sciences, Engineering, or Chemistry, dependent on experience, a Bachelor’s degree may not be required if past work experience is sufficient to perform the required expectations of the job.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, perform physical tasks and effectively work with hand tools.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented with an eye for quality and accuracy
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
This role is a permanent, full-time position that includes a competitive salary and benefit program. Interested applicants should email their resume (CV) attention: Claire Moore, Human Resources Coordinator.
We would like to thank all applicants who express an interest working at Phyton Biotech, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.