We are an expanding local health and fitness company with a fast growing customer base. We are seeking a Junior Accountant with outstanding communication skills and exceptional analytical ability to join our team. The role is based in our Vancouver office.
The successful individual will assist in reporting and managing accounting and operational data and financial information. You will also provide support and communicate with various departments and personnel to ensure the timely collection and production of financial information. The role reports to the Controller and provides great growth opportunity for a flexible, motivated and ambitious individual.
- Perform monthly sales and RA reconciliations.
- Update A/R and A/P, ensuring that balances are accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with customers on collections and AR reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, journal entries, credit card transactions and bank deposits.
- Manage and update customer refunds.
- Manage inventory including costing.
- Preparation of working papers to support the financial statement balances.
- Ad Hoc Projects/reporting as required, including any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Ideally, you will be CMA or CGA student with at least two years in a similar capacity. You have proficiency with accounting software. You are a self-starter with excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize, exceptional attention to detail and interested in being a part of a fun team.
The compensation range is based on experience.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, please respond with your resume and cover letter. Thank you for your interest!