Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a Construction Scheduler/Dispatcher.
Reporting directly to the Construction Coordinator, this position also receives general direction from Project Managers. The Construction Scheduler/Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling and coordinating sub trades and in-house work crews on renovation and restoration projects.
They are involved in developing and maintaining relationships with sub-contractors and vendors; and coordinating project start-ups including site access.
This position is responsible for providing on-going job status updates to the Construction Coordinator and Project Managers, and will perform other administrative or technical work, as required.
- Scheduling Internal work crews and sub trades
- Tracking of on-going jobs
- Arranging site access
- Oversee assigned Scope of Work, cost, schedule changes & customer expectations
- Tracking daily hours of work crews
- Liaising with Project Managers
- Attending job sites, as required
- Attending weekly meetings with team members to discuss & report project performance
- Prepare and plan project schedule
- Being part of a rotational On-Call system coordinating new claim files, and attending new
claims as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A combination of post secondary education and construction experience
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of scheduling and software
- The ability to communicate effectively and ensure deadlines are met
- A team player and a positive "can do" attitude
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable work environment
Please note that we will only contact those that we have short listed.