Phoenix Quality Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 April 2016
Phoenix is an excellent company that truly cares about their employees. Management is always willing to spend a minute talking and remembers the little things like our birthdays or other special days. They go out of their way to help with shift adjustments when required and help out when problems are encountered during shifts.
Pros
Steady work, excellent work climate, caring company, great management, benefits and competitive wages with potential for advancement
Cons
No cons
Horrible Treatment by Child Supervisors
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 June 2016
This place was horrible to work for. New people given preference for hours over more senior staff. Work shortages with promises to contact at a later date and they failed to contact, but when I returned they hired a lot of new people. some shortage.

Management does not have any concept of how to treat people with respect and when training, well there is no training. Everyone has a different method of doing something in you're reprimanded when a different person sees you not using their method.

No respect for senior employees and no respect for people as human beings. New students in charge of things and very clique place to work.

It was like the blind leading the blind and I saw one person very smart, new to Canada, could likely have gotten a much better job, but management seems to be working at a high school level. She clashed asking simple, logical questions and ultimately left due to lack of courtesy and respect. Most people are too smart for this job, but not the supervisors and management still there.
Pros
some income
Cons
standing all day, management's disrespect of staff, Ministry of Labour leave policies not followed
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 March 2016
Good professional people to work for. They treat their fellow workers with respect and they treat everyone equally. I would recommend this company.
equal opportunity employer
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 February 2016
Great co-workers, no guaranteed hours, no benefits.
Had the opportunity to work in numerous automotive plants both on-line and off-line.
n/a
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 January 2016
It is at least something for the time being. There are not enough hours so its hard making ends meet. I hope to find something more rewarding/
Production and fun workplace with pool and table tennis facilities.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 May 2015
My job was challenging but exciting, everyday we had to meet a target number of production. I learned technical skills like 5S and quality assurance. Along with that i learned many transferable skills such as time management communications, time management, Organization, and presentations.
Excellent work performance and very good relationship with the co-workers
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 April 2015
Quality Inspector specialist / Zero defect, my job was to check the IP of the different models that were assembled there. Check that everything was in accordance with the specification sheet. Color, models, part code.
Fun Team, Lots Of Work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 May 2015
Having lots of fun working with the Phoenix Quality Team.

The job is fun but demanding with lots of changes as client demands change. This keeps my days interesting at least and makes the time fly by.
Pros
Good Management Team, Get To Use iPads :)
Cons
Demanding Customers
Fun Family place to work
Data Analyst/Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 May 2015
Not a lot of room for advancement. Sometimes work was slow due to factory shut downs so not a lot to do when you would like to stay busy. All in all I enjoyed my 7 years there.
Still waiting...
Professional Phone Call Waiter (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 July 2013
Probably one of the most disorganized and misguided companies I've ever worked for. I was hired May 10th, it is now July 1st and I have yet to work a single shift. They have called me twice between the two dates and both times said they would get me a shift as soon as possible....Still WAITING
Hard work and experience was satisfying
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 June 2014
- The company likes to switch up various jobs, no one does one line of work; it's sometimes different.

- When I started it wasn't a very active job compared to other employees. Eventually, I did do many other things including hard labor types and technical inspections that require constant memorization.

- I loved all the people that I've worked with, well most. Many knew my parents so they've had a more open mind and a kinder attitude towards me.

- The hardest part of many the jobs I did was the hours. I sort of got used to it within a couple of months. Most days were 10 hrs a day and sometimes even 6 hrs. Break times were pretty much 15-30 mins after 2 hrs of work.

- I really enjoyed what I've gained throughout that year, my work ethic has improved, organization, it even had an impact on my character, I still am usually shy or quiet but I've gained an open mind to new people and will to learn new things.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Work hours dependable on Ford Motor Company
Very repetitive work, had to obey unions
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 December 2014
It was like walking on eggshells every day trying not to disrupt the union. A lot of the time the scheduling was all over. They are always trying to make sure that they are not paying overtime.
They will tell you anything to get you in the door
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 August 2012
Probably one of the most disorganized and misguided companies I've ever worked for. Full of backstabbing supervisors who dislike each other and spread an unprofessional mantra.
productive work place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan2 March 2015
Non stop working paste, gain good knowledge of machine set up and assembling in a fast paste, management and co-workers were excellent in terms of training
No Room for advancement
Data Analyst/Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 January 2015
Co-workers and higher management were great to deal with on a daily basis but there wasn't much room for advancement.
quality inspecting parts
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 September 2012
it was a good job gave me warehouse experience for my future... i liked the job the satff was amazingly nice... it was a great work place.... the pay was good
enjoyable people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby11 September 2013
This was just a job i had during college, enjoyed the people i worked with, made for a fun environment while doing a boring job.
Phoenix Quality fostered growth, flexibility of management style, and great opportunity.
Regional Sales Manager and Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 April 2013
My position at Phoenix required daily cold calling to set presentation appointments, meeting clients, and potential clients. Account management and supervising employees on clients sites. proper Maintaining supplies and required documents in field, making recommendations as well as implementing policies when needed in order to improve efficiency for the client and also for Phoenix. Solely responsible for recruitment, onboarding, training, and coaching of all employees in my region. Document management of internal,proprietary and intellectual property of both Phoenix and all clients. 25% travel for sales presentations.

The most difficult task and responsibility I had was to maintain three shifts of dependable and trained staff for multiple sites. The most enjoyable part of my job was prospecting for new customers.

Diverse and ever changing environment in many manufacturing facilities,and constant maintenance of development and improvement to and for my workforce was very challenging and rewarding. I left with a wealth of experience and knowledge and many nnew business contacts and friends around the nation.
Pros
comprehensive understanding of emotional intelligence, great business contacts, learning environment
Cons
24/7 on site and on call, no insurance
Good way to make cash quickly but longterm employment is not accessible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 December 2012
The plant would run from Monday to Friday regularly but sometimes it would be open Saturday and Sunday for short a duration (about 4 or 5 hours). An average work day would begin at 6:30 am and finish at 4:30-5:00 pm. The night shift is from 5:00 pm to 4:00 but sometimes goes to 5:00 for overtime. Phoenix quality is a contract company that is used by Automodular for quality control and has no say on the hours of operation. If the Automodular workers want to stay for overtime (and get overtime pay), Phoenix must stay as well (overtime may not be possible at times, despite the same number of hours worked that night).
I learned at this job to be patient and to understand that sometimes a job doesn't have to be perfect, it can be 'just a job'.
The managers of Phoenix Quality, I have never met. I only had contact with the scheduling manager (who was not onsite) and my two supervisors (who were onsite). Both supervisors were competent however because of the easily misplaced nature of our time-slips, there were times when they would need to be reminded to sign or submit our time cards. Those time-slips were our only tangible way of proving we even worked.
This is not a social job. Because of the loud noise and the constant attention to detail every worker (both Automodular and Phoenix Quality), there is very little spoken interaction and most people wear noise cancelling headphones or earphones. Most everyone is pleasant but by the end of the day, everyone is pretty tired and worn out.
The hardest part of the job was the hours and pretty much zero security in the knowledge that you
  more... would work the next day. there are no benefits to staying there, other than a (sometimes) steady pay cheque.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how easy it was most of the time
Pros
fairly easy work, didn't need experience
Cons
no social interaction, long hours, boring