Phoenix Quality Employee Reviews

decent job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 March 2017
when i worked for this company i didnt mind it, it was pretty good but i quit due to commute, didnt want to miss the cab then be stuck in alliston, theres no buses that take the route either
benefits
Cons
2 10min breaks
Micky Mouse Company
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 February 2017
No management skills at the Honda plant. They have no concerns to fix problems, they'd rather replace workers then put time in to build the company structure.
Not impressed
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 February 2017
The Human Resources Department is deplorable. They do not bother to answer their telephone or respond to voicemails. Their expectations are unrealistic and the manager is a total scatter brain. One word, unprofessional.
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
Everything else
Working here is like playing a game of broken telephone
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 February 2017
A job where you come into work everyday never knowing what to expect. Mgmt constantly changed the rules and micromanaged every little detail about uniform, dress code and sign in and out policy. Our shifts were constantly starting earlier and ending later on top of the mandatory Saturdays. If you missed one day a week there would be no OT on your pay unless you went over 44 hours and if you worked a Sunday you would not get double-time.

Feels more like a babysitting club than a job. A revolving door and lots of temps.
Pros
Lots of OT and paid out for vacation weekly
Cons
Poor mgmt never know what to expect at a grunt job
Cracker Jack Company
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 December 2016
Upper management do everything to save a Buck even if it's shady. Open door policy is just a term used and is not followed up. Very disorganized from management down. Mostly younger employees first time job and management takes avatage of our inexperience with the employment laws.
Pros
Pay is fair for work
Cons
Management, hours
Horrible Treatment by Child Supervisors
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 June 2016
This place was horrible to work for. New people given preference for hours over more senior staff. Work shortages with promises to contact at a later date and they failed to contact, but when I returned they hired a lot of new people. some shortage.

Management does not have any concept of how to treat people with respect and when training, well there is no training. Everyone has a different method of doing something in you're reprimanded when a different person sees you not using their method.

No respect for senior employees and no respect for people as human beings. New students in charge of things and very clique place to work.

It was like the blind leading the blind and I saw one person very smart, new to Canada, could likely have gotten a much better job, but management seems to be working at a high school level. She clashed asking simple, logical questions and ultimately left due to lack of courtesy and respect. Most people are too smart for this job, but not the supervisors and management still there.
Pros
some income
Cons
standing all day, management's disrespect of staff, Ministry of Labour leave policies not followed
Great company to work for.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 April 2016
Phoenix is an excellent company that truly cares about their employees. Management is always willing to spend a minute talking and remembers the little things like our birthdays or other special days. They go out of their way to help with shift adjustments when required and help out when problems are encountered during shifts.
Pros
Steady work, excellent work climate, caring company, great management, benefits and competitive wages with potential for advancement
Cons
No cons
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 March 2016
Good professional people to work for. They treat their fellow workers with respect and they treat everyone equally. I would recommend this company.
equal opportunity employer
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 February 2016
Great co-workers, no guaranteed hours, no benefits.
Had the opportunity to work in numerous automotive plants both on-line and off-line.
n/a
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 January 2016
It is at least something for the time being. There are not enough hours so its hard making ends meet. I hope to find something more rewarding/
Production and fun workplace with pool and table tennis facilities.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 May 2015
My job was challenging but exciting, everyday we had to meet a target number of production. I learned technical skills like 5S and quality assurance. Along with that i learned many transferable skills such as time management communications, time management, Organization, and presentations.
Fun Family place to work
Data Analyst/Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 May 2015
Not a lot of room for advancement. Sometimes work was slow due to factory shut downs so not a lot to do when you would like to stay busy. All in all I enjoyed my 7 years there.
Fun Team, Lots Of Work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 May 2015
Having lots of fun working with the Phoenix Quality Team.

The job is fun but demanding with lots of changes as client demands change. This keeps my days interesting at least and makes the time fly by.
Pros
Good Management Team, Get To Use iPads :)
Cons
Demanding Customers
Excellent work performance and very good relationship with the co-workers
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 April 2015
Quality Inspector specialist / Zero defect, my job was to check the IP of the different models that were assembled there. Check that everything was in accordance with the specification sheet. Color, models, part code.
productive work place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan2 March 2015
Non stop working paste, gain good knowledge of machine set up and assembling in a fast paste, management and co-workers were excellent in terms of training
No Room for advancement
Data Analyst/Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 January 2015
Co-workers and higher management were great to deal with on a daily basis but there wasn't much room for advancement.
Very repetitive work, had to obey unions
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 December 2014
It was like walking on eggshells every day trying not to disrupt the union. A lot of the time the scheduling was all over. They are always trying to make sure that they are not paying overtime.
Hard work and experience was satisfying
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 June 2014
- The company likes to switch up various jobs, no one does one line of work; it's sometimes different.

- When I started it wasn't a very active job compared to other employees. Eventually, I did do many other things including hard labor types and technical inspections that require constant memorization.

- I loved all the people that I've worked with, well most. Many knew my parents so they've had a more open mind and a kinder attitude towards me.

- The hardest part of many the jobs I did was the hours. I sort of got used to it within a couple of months. Most days were 10 hrs a day and sometimes even 6 hrs. Break times were pretty much 15-30 mins after 2 hrs of work.

- I really enjoyed what I've gained throughout that year, my work ethic has improved, organization, it even had an impact on my character, I still am usually shy or quiet but I've gained an open mind to new people and will to learn new things.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Work hours dependable on Ford Motor Company
enjoyable people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby11 September 2013
This was just a job i had during college, enjoyed the people i worked with, made for a fun environment while doing a boring job.
Still waiting...
Professional Phone Call Waiter (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 July 2013
Probably one of the most disorganized and misguided companies I've ever worked for. I was hired May 10th, it is now July 1st and I have yet to work a single shift. They have called me twice between the two dates and both times said they would get me a shift as soon as possible....Still WAITING

2.7