Phoenix Quality

Phoenix Quality Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good way to make cash quickly but longterm employment is not accessible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 20, 2012
Pros: fairly easy work, didn't need experience
Cons: no social interaction, long hours, boring
The plant would run from Monday to Friday regularly but sometimes it would be open Saturday and Sunday for short a duration (about 4 or 5 hours). An average work day would begin at 6:30 am and finish at 4:30-5:00 pm. The night shift is from 5:00 pm to 4:00 but sometimes goes to 5:00 for overtime. Phoenix quality is a contract company that is used by – more... Automodular for quality control and has no say on the hours of operation. If the Automodular workers want to stay for overtime (and get overtime pay), Phoenix must stay as well (overtime may not be possible at times, despite the same number of hours worked that night).
I learned at this job to be patient and to understand that sometimes a job doesn't have to be perfect, it can be 'just a job'.
The managers of Phoenix Quality, I have never met. I only had contact with the scheduling manager (who was not onsite) and my two supervisors (who were onsite). Both supervisors were competent however because of the easily misplaced nature of our time-slips, there were times when they would need to be reminded to sign or submit our time cards. Those time-slips were our only tangible way of proving we even worked.
This is not a social job. Because of the loud noise and the constant attention to detail every worker (both Automodular and Phoenix Quality), there is very little spoken interaction and most people wear noise cancelling headphones or earphones. Most everyone is pleasant but by the end of the day, everyone is pretty tired and worn out.
The hardest part of the job was the hours and pretty much zero security in the knowledge that you would work the next day. there are no benefits to staying there, other than a (sometimes) steady pay cheque.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how easy it was most of the time – less
a learning experience
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 29, 2014
Pros: it was a paycheck
Cons: boring, not very organized
I worked 3rd shift @ Bendix Spicer for Pheonix, the information given to prepare for this position was vauge. The people were very unfriendly, very disorganized and did not communicate well. They were based in Canada & always had payroll problems.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Operations Manager of South East Region. Responsible for hire/terminate associates, sales and profitability. Travel 95%.