PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL

PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL Employee Reviews

fun workplace, not bad at all
JOURNEYMAN PIPEFITTER (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 26, 2016
everyday is just the same day, they learned from us more than we learned from them, but every one is good to work with. hardest part of the job is when there is no available tools at the tool crib and all we can do is wait for someone to finish there job so we can borrow their tools and do ours. but helping one another is the most enjoyable part of it
Pros
camp
Cons
away from home
Great company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator - Zoom Boom & Bobcat (Former Employee) –  Alberta, CanadaJanuary 19, 2016
Really enjoyed working for this company, It was an overall great experience.
I had the opportunity to work on the biggest SAGD steam generators in the world.
Open shop Company .... terrible
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  CNRLJanuary 19, 2016
Poor wages ... Do not pay OT on any overtime hours ... Poor camp conditions ... Wages below std. J/M Rate ...Only work here if you cannot find a job anywhere else
Productive workplace, Easy to find solutions to problems with
Apprentice electrician for Willbros (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 13, 2016
The people seemed to enjoy their jobs and were easily to get along with. Workplace was fairly relaxed in the safety aspects of the job.
Bottom of the barrel
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Very cliquey, and they are intimidated by seasoned journeymen , so much so that they ll be the first to be turfed while the dead weight remains. I know of so many top notch tradesmen who have been screwed over by them .They make Flint URS look like a good place to work . You might want to wash dishes somewhere instead ,I d take being homeless and hungry over working for this gong show any day ..Most negative experience I ever had in the industrial sector
RUN AWAY !!!!!
Pros
They paid, but there's nothing else
Cons
The fact they still exist
Productive welder can weld 100 inch a day
B - WELDER RIG / TIG, SMAW (Current Employee) –  FORT MCMURREY AB.October 20, 2015
Happy working every day do some field work some changing of site safety condition do some equipment preparation like welding machine and pipe spool joint according to the welding procedure daily activity and maintain house keeping
type of day
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  kinosis by anzacOctober 15, 2015
was a great experience as this was new construction and was a 10 month job. had lots of different crews with lots of different experiences
Pros
6.5hrs reg pay 5.5hrs ot
Cons
long 6hr drive every two weeks
Thriving company, good people
Data Entry / Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2015
Very respectful, professional, friendly workplace. This job offered many opportunities, but little formal training. I was able to negotiate hours that worked for me.
People in the office were often overburdened. I hope they hired more admins since I left, and caught up with the growing workload.
Great company, high paying. Poor job security.
Second Year Pipefitter Apprentice, ID No (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 6, 2015
Was a good company, and the pay was awesome. Was great until a job ran out of money, and a big lay off happened. Don't really care about the people.
Epic~Tier1 Class Company Of Personable Experienced Relatable Professionals
Welders Apprentice (1st Year) (Former Employee) –  Fort Macmurray ABApril 30, 2015
When I was initially offered a entry level laborer position with Phoenix Industrial in 2012 I was skilled laborer with several years experience in the commercial and residential and no real insight or knowledge of the industrial oil & energy sector.
Though from the moment there personable hr department called I knew this is one of those companies that coaches and provides strong leadership in the field and promotes from within. And not to mention Phoenix's leadership role in sponsoring several great charities like the Little Warriors and others.

I have not been with phoenix since the completion of project Hanging-Stone in July/Aug 2014 Where phoenix had me contracted and indentured as a 1st year Blue-Book Welder. I would recommend phoenix industrial to any entry level or journeyman/ woman tradesmen or management professional in the industry.
Pros
To many to list
Cons
I really miss working for phoenix :(
Good
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 20, 2015
Good out of town work camp work 14 and 7 rotation. Worked with good men whom were inspiring to be around who are now god friends.
An Excellent Experience
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2015
My creative ideas were encouraged and embraced, to help the Company grow. You were never discouraged from bringing an idea forward which would help improve the HR Department policies and procedures. The HR Department worked as a team, and though extremely busy, enjoyed having a good time while doing so. The Corporate Office itself was also a very busy environment, but everyone worked well together. And the cupcakes on your birthday are fantastic!!!! If you are looking for an exhilarating place to work where you can embrace your career, I would recommend Phoenix any day!!!
Pros
Good Wages, Creative Thinking Encouraged
Cons
Downtown Location
Poor management
Human Resources Administrator/Junior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 20, 2015
Phoenix was the absolute worst place I have ever worked.. Negative energy, staff aren't respected, management has no idea what they are doing. People have been kept with the company who should have been let go long ago. I would not advise anyone to accept a position in their corporate office but field staff seem to be alright.
Pros
free lunches, decent pay
Cons
not organized, negative environment
Pipefitter/Piping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2015
Lots of opportunity and good pay. Good people with growing attitudes. Good history of ownership. safety policies are decent. lots of opportunity to grow.
Decent
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Good atmosphere and rates. Management is a little all over the place. Lie about up and coming work. duration can be 2days to 2years.
Enjoyable Employment
WFP Hydro Testing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed my employment with them! Excellent co-workers. Gained valuable work experience. The hardest part of the job is the most satisfying part.
Productive place to work
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Conklin, ABJanuary 17, 2015
Learning opportunities and good salary and benefits
-co-workers were from around Canada and some from the US, so it was always interesting meet new people on site and at camp
-hardest part was adjusting to the lifestyle of being away from my friends and family at home
Great company,helpful with all aspects of the job
Apprentice Pipefitter First year (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Daily duties were
Cutting and helping welder fabricate pipe.
Bevelling pipe
Staging Material
Reading ISO's
Building and staging supports
Pros
great starting wage
Cons
camp situations
Good Job and Good Crew
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Mod Yard in Nisku, ABDecember 1, 2014
Good days work out at the Mod Yard. Working with a great group of guys in the yard and really feels like you are a part of the team out there.
Great Company
Corporate Admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2014
In my admittedly short time here (less than 3 months) Phoenix has been pretty great about having a work/life balance. My coworkers and I have become friends quickly and the manager is around and willing to listen when you have an idea about how to improve the company.
Pros
good pay, time off when needed, awesome coworkers
Cons
parking downtown