PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
management problems
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), Conklin, ABApril 11, 2016
co-workers were distant and did not offer much help till they were comfortable around you,safety culture was good, management was not good at all
Fast Paced Onsite Workplace
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABApril 9, 2016
Busy, fast paced environment with intensive work requirements, where all team members were required to work closely and effectively with each other to meet the clients needs. Positive team effort & leadership allowed us to meet these goals successfully.
Great company, good benefits, good atmospere
Labour foreman (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Great salary, good bunch of guys
Cons: Long travel hours during turnaround
Really enjoyed working with Phoenix. Currently between jobs but hope to get back with Phoenix. All of supervision were a great bunch of guys.
job was good
jm pipefitter (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABMarch 23, 2016
Pros: good choice of tools
Cons: they hire out of canada
this company is still trying to break into the oilfield and is making mistakes along the way management is a big concern but they are successful in what they are doing so they will succeed/.
every fitter I know has worked here
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
Start day with a meeting and then stretches. Safe out work area do FLHA gather tool and materials. Fab and install brackets and supports for piping and valves. Working with good people and being able to work my own set of drawings is something I enjoyed.
Solid company with good leadership
Material Coordinator/Purchaser/Expeditor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Great systems, awesome coworkers, pay, good corporate management
Cons: Always swamped, some poor supervision at site level on occasuon
Overall the best company I've worked for and I've been in the industry 30 years. No company is perfect but Phoenix folks work hard together and that makes the difference. Larger companies could learn a lot from them. I learned a great deal
and made life long friends. I'd go back if the right opportunity presented itself.
fun workplace, not bad at all
JOURNEYMAN PIPEFITTER (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: camp
Cons: away from home
everyday is just the same day, they learned from us more than we learned from them, but every one is good to work with. hardest part of the job is when there is no available tools at the tool crib and all we can do is wait for someone to finish there job so we can borrow their tools and do ours. but helping one another is the most enjoyable part of it
Great company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator - Zoom Boom & Bobcat (Former Employee), Alberta, CanadaJanuary 19, 2016
Really enjoyed working for this company, It was an overall great experience.
I had the opportunity to work on the biggest SAGD steam generators in the world.
Open shop Company .... terrible
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee), CNRLJanuary 19, 2016
Poor wages ... Do not pay OT on any overtime hours ... Poor camp conditions ... Wages below std. J/M Rate ...Only work here if you cannot find a job anywhere else
Productive workplace, Easy to find solutions to problems with
Apprentice electrician for Willbros (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 13, 2016
The people seemed to enjoy their jobs and were easily to get along with. Workplace was fairly relaxed in the safety aspects of the job.
Bottom of the barrel
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: They paid, but there's nothing else
Cons: The fact they still exist
Very cliquey, and they are intimidated by seasoned journeymen , so much so that they ll be the first to be turfed while the dead weight remains. I know of so many top notch tradesmen who have been screwed over by them .They make Flint URS look like a good place to work . You might want to wash dishes somewhere instead ,I d take being homeless and hungry over working for this gong show any day ..Most negative experience I ever had in the industrial sector
RUN AWAY !!!!!
Productive welder can weld 100 inch a day
B - WELDER RIG / TIG, SMAW (Current Employee), FORT MCMURREY AB.October 20, 2015
Happy working every day do some field work some changing of site safety condition do some equipment preparation like welding machine and pipe spool joint according to the welding procedure daily activity and maintain house keeping
type of day
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), kinosis by anzacOctober 15, 2015
Pros: 6.5hrs reg pay 5.5hrs ot
Cons: long 6hr drive every two weeks
was a great experience as this was new construction and was a 10 month job. had lots of different crews with lots of different experiences
Thriving company, good people
Data Entry / Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2015
Very respectful, professional, friendly workplace. This job offered many opportunities, but little formal training. I was able to negotiate hours that worked for me.
People in the office were often overburdened. I hope they hired more admins since I left, and caught up with the growing workload.
Great company, high paying. Poor job security.
Second Year Pipefitter Apprentice, ID No (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 6, 2015
Was a good company, and the pay was awesome. Was great until a job ran out of money, and a big lay off happened. Don't really care about the people.
Epic~Tier1 Class Company Of Personable Experienced Relatable Professionals
Welders Apprentice (1st Year) (Former Employee), Fort Macmurray ABApril 30, 2015
Pros: To many to list
Cons: I really miss working for phoenix :(
When I was initially offered a entry level laborer position with Phoenix Industrial in 2012 I was skilled laborer with several years experience in the commercial and residential and no real insight or knowledge of the industrial oil & energy sector.
Though from the moment there personable hr department called I knew this is one of those companies that coaches and provides strong leadership in the field and promotes from within. And not to mention Phoenix's leadership role in sponsoring several great charities like the Little Warriors and others.

I have not been with phoenix since the completion of project Hanging-Stone in July/Aug 2014 Where phoenix had me contracted and indentured as a 1st year Blue-Book Welder. I would recommend phoenix industrial to any entry level or journeyman/ woman tradesmen or management professional in the industry.
Good
Iron Worker (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 20, 2015
Good out of town work camp work 14 and 7 rotation. Worked with good men whom were inspiring to be around who are now god friends.
An Excellent Experience
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good Wages, Creative Thinking Encouraged
Cons: Downtown Location
My creative ideas were encouraged and embraced, to help the Company grow. You were never discouraged from bringing an idea forward which would help improve the HR Department policies and procedures. The HR Department worked as a team, and though extremely busy, enjoyed having a good time while doing so. The Corporate Office itself was also a very busy environment, but everyone worked well together. And the cupcakes on your birthday are fantastic!!!! If you are looking for an exhilarating place to work where you can embrace your career, I would recommend Phoenix any day!!!
Poor management
Human Resources Administrator/Junior Recruiter (Current Employee), EdmontonMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches, decent pay
Cons: not organized, negative environment
Phoenix was the absolute worst place I have ever worked.. Negative energy, staff aren't respected, management has no idea what they are doing. People have been kept with the company who should have been let go long ago. I would not advise anyone to accept a position in their corporate office but field staff seem to be alright.
Pipefitter/Piping Foreman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2015
Lots of opportunity and good pay. Good people with growing attitudes. Good history of ownership. safety policies are decent. lots of opportunity to grow.
Headquarters