We are looking for a Visual Storyteller who has experience with campaigning, and community building within a highly mission-driven and passionate organization. This is a dynamic role that will work closely with the Founding Executive Committee in helping organization with all aspects of experiential documentation with digital media, building community rapport and brand management.
This candidate will be responsible for producing, directing all community engagement experiences, manage public and media relations. In addition, this role will provide exposure to many social causes, organizations and change makers. This role is based in Toronto.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and evaluate the development and implementation of campaigns to promote social awareness initiatives
- Lead and creatively direct, storyboard, and design overall campaigns and messaging
- Direct and lead the implementation and development of communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of the organization
- Manage internal or vendor resources in video and media production
- Development and management of online programs and content
- Market media and production assets in alignment to social messaging through social media and online channels
- Community building and social media management
- Lead volunteers and deliver yearly social awareness initiatives
- Social and/or crowd-fundraising and public relationship management with collaborators, contributors and partners
- Grant Writing for Media related grants
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- Producing graphic and media assets using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Experience with editing, film production, directing, copy, translation and photography
- Experience with media promotion and public relations management
- International Business Experience in media production
- Project Management and/or Event Planning, Budget Management experience
- Non-Profit Management experience
- Strong leadership, communications and team management skills
- A university degree (Masters Level) in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or in a related field or several years of experience in an advertising, public relations or communications officer position or in a related occupation are required
- A “Can-Do” attitude and excellent problem solver
- Handle stress under an organic, high energy passion-driven environment
- Multilingual: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish an asset
- 5-7 Years of Experience
- Willing to Travel at Anytime
Phinklife Inc. is a social enterprise with a mission to create a world where everyone can live passionately to their fullest potential. We develop solutions around human development; enabling people to harness their potential in the areas of social innovation, entrepreneurship, education, development and technology.
Our approach is centered on a model we’ve developed, the Experience Development Framework that enables people to discover their purpose, passion and harness it into deliberate creation. This framework can be overlaid on top of any existing system.
Phinklife is a movement, philosophy and a way of life where anyone can truly live to their fullest potential.
Posted: August 16, 2013
Start Date: September 9, 2013
Industries: Non-Profit, Human Development
Indeed - 8 months ago