Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Good Pay, Benefits, Terrible Management.
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 24, 2016
I fueled oilfield locations and well pumps, long days 16 hours to 20 hours, learned how to work in all weather conditions safely, management was terrible and lazy, one of the owners(Hector) was a homosexual and would harrass all the men workers.

Co-workers and myself reported his behavior but then got punished for standing up for ourselves.

Co-workers were great, and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the hot/cold weather.

Most enjoyable part of job was the great pay and being outside in fresh air when good weather.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Inept Upper Management
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LADecember 3, 2015
Prior to the current management, a business team meeting at 7:30am provided valuable information for the various departments of the facility.
My manager directed that work does not begin until 6:30am and that anyone not putting in 10 hours is not being productive. This view now prevents business team participants from providing information to the team, thereby making the business team meeting ineffective.
Management has made remarks of an aged workforce and "needing to take care of the younger workers", resulting in the belief that employees who have given 25+ years of their career to Phillips66 are worthless and will not be rewarded for their contributions.
The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the relationships with many talented employees.
Pros
It helps pay the bills
Cons
Hostile environment; inept management style; NOT people oriented
Gas clerk
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NHFebruary 7, 2016
Ring out customers, clean coffee pots and coffee island, dust products, stock cigarettes and stock coolers, empty inside trashes, check in orders and put away orders, answer phones in friendly and professional manner, change outside trashes, clean parking lot, clean glass doors, check for out of dates. Management is really good with making sure things got done and assign any thing that they would like done, My coworkers and i would work together as a team to make sure we got everything done and we would do extra. The hardest part of the day would be when the lottery is extremely high and it would make for a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the day was making customers happy and made sure they got everything they needed,
Productive workplace with experienced peers
Sr. Advisor Sales Force Excellence (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 24, 2015
Great place to work, lots of experienced co-workers with specific expertise across a wide variety of jobs. Good work life balance.
Pros
Great leadership fostering a culture of growth and professionalism
Great employees, Mediocre management
Refinery Operator (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKFebruary 10, 2016
The refinery is a great place to work, with few exceptions. The employees I worked with were very helpful and easy to get along with. The day to day operations ran smoothly with little interruption. My only complaint is the management of personnel was very selective. By that I mean management picked favorites and offered them opportunities not given to other equally qualified employees.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Blatant favoritism from management
Great salary and benefits
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 22, 2015
Has great people to work with. Tries to help employees grow and develop but struggles because of the size. Very little work life balance for employees they deem to be high performers.
Pros
Fitness services, salary, benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Enjoyed my work but time off was poor
Production Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  HumbersideMay 9, 2015
I was working closely with the Permit to Work system on a daily basis, ensuring all work was completed safely and no job is commenced without everyone fully knowing their responsibilities, dangers associated with the job and what to do in case of an emergency.

I am fully qualified and competent in offshore and onshore emergency response training and hold a high regard for the safety of myself and others around me.

I learnt a lot about my job role with good training at Phillips but didn't enjoy the 8 hour shift pattern which meant my work/life balance was poor
Pros
management benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Environment for learning about people.
Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 27, 2015
Amazing work environment for people who enjoy the job. Have seen many people come and go throughout the years. Loved getting to know my regulars on a day to day basis. Sometimes duties would involve being outside and was not enjoyable when cold. Management was efficient and knew what had to be done. Money management skills improved. Checking in orders and putting them away. Best job I've had working with great people.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Closing shifts
Great place to work for a self starter.
Console Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Training here is not up to par, for the dangers in refinery work should be more hands on, and not be pushed through qualifying on the position.
Pros
Great Pay, Benifits, and Bonuses
Cons
High Stress position, No back up for emergancy situations, Training is lacking.
Excellent
Projects Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 18, 2015
Phillips 66 is an amazing company to work for. The benefits are incredible. Work enviorment is good. At time worked long hours and some were lacking people skills but overall i had a great experience
Good placement experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  GrimsbyJanuary 8, 2016
A good experience for an industrial placement.
Learnt a lot of new things and had my eyes opened to careers in a fantastic environment. Rare to work for such a large company so early in career so I feel very fortunate for the opportunity.
Good company, safety-oriented, great deal of integrity.
Data Management Document Control Lead-Beaumont (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Good company, safety-oriented, great deal of integrity. Hours are per personal directive, management interested in inputs, great people who are willing to help with any question.
Pros
Well-established
Cons
Limited to oil and gas
Decent job, inefficient pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 14, 2015
Management is friendly and lax, job culture is rather redundant and dull. A typical day here consists of a short list of tasks done every shift, such as replenishing product, disposing of waste to name a couple. When all this work is done, shifts typically run slowly when there are few to no customers. The job is relatively easy; I've had few difficulties. Most of my coworkers have been nice. In this time, I have met various types of people and in turn, have learned to build relationships, keep calm under pressure and communicate with mostly anyone.
Pros
Easy, nice people
Cons
Unfulfilling, tedious
Multiple Projects
Electrical & Instrumentation Inspector/CFR (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 20, 2016
Overall working for Phillips 66 was a Good Experience.
There is a lot of Politics involved, as with most Major oil & Gas Companies.
The Inspection & Engineering Staff overall was good to work with, although they were for the most part Inexperienced.
A lot of the Inspection/CFr Staff was not very receptive to new ideas or improvement oor change to the Inspection/Management style.
Pros
Fair Compensation & Time off
Cons
Political Enviroment
There was always something new and learned so many different and exciting adventures.
Lease Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 17, 2016
Enjoyed working with customers and enthusiastic about all the new adventures that were always ahead. I helped in getting a new system SAP set up in our company which was very interesting and enjoyable. The management was great to work for. Truly enjoyed my time at Phillips 66.
Pros
It was just a fun place to work with great co-workers and management.
Cons
n/a
Phillips was a great company to work for
Provisioning Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, okJune 15, 2015
Phillips was a great company to work for, they have very competitive benefits, flexible work schedule and great work life balance. THey really inveset in their employees
legit
fire watcher (Former Employee) –  KillingholmeDecember 1, 2015
the days of the job went well and smooth I learnt many different skills in the job the company management that I worked for wasn't the best left us with no contact to get hold of management I made many new friends n work
Everyone worked together and we all got along
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 9, 2016
Convenience store we sold gasoline and fish bait. everyone was always busy. I learned something new just about every day. I learned that if you work with your employees and not getting mad every time someone makes a mistakes sometime it only takes a minute or two to correct some thing the is no need to upset the whole crew things go a lot better
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
no health insurance
hard stressful work
Operator in complex 5, unit's 294 (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAOctober 13, 2015
cleaning crews of separators, acidizing dehy units, and disposal of waste.
Supervised projects which included new platform start ups, high pressure well start ups, and prepping platforms for P & A crews.
Supervised several fields that consisted of 10 company employees and 9 contractors. The field had 13 producing platforms that produced 123 MCF gas and 1800 BBLS of oil daily.
Have advance knowledge of computer programs.
Worked with Sub-Sea, Gas Lift and High Pressure Wells.
Knowledgeable of dehy and thermonal units, heater treaters, chem.-o-elect, and multi stationary compressors.
Instrumentation skills including trouble shooting master, well and compressor panels.
Set up safety systems for rig well testing and unloading of wells.
Knowledgeable Gemoco, wireline, coil tubing and workover rigs.
Trained and certified for use of Echo Meters.
Company Career
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LAApril 14, 2016
Provides many opportunities to grow within the organization. Several growth opportunities have been available to me as an IT person. The organization provided several opportunities to move into other areas of expertise.