Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Multiple Projects
Electrical & Instrumentation Inspector/CFR (Former Employee), TexasApril 20, 2016
Pros: Fair Compensation & Time off
Cons: Political Enviroment
Overall working for Phillips 66 was a Good Experience.
There is a lot of Politics involved, as with most Major oil & Gas Companies.
The Inspection & Engineering Staff overall was good to work with, although they were for the most part Inexperienced.
A lot of the Inspection/CFr Staff was not very receptive to new ideas or improvement oor change to the Inspection/Management style.
good place to be
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Sweeny, TXApril 19, 2016
As an instrumentation technician, I tested, calibrate, install, repair, and inspect monitoring devices. Also performing general maintenance on the equipment and design new measuring and recording equipment
There was always something new and learned so many different and exciting adventures.
Lease Operations (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 17, 2016
Pros: It was just a fun place to work with great co-workers and management.
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working with customers and enthusiastic about all the new adventures that were always ahead. I helped in getting a new system SAP set up in our company which was very interesting and enjoyable. The management was great to work for. Truly enjoyed my time at Phillips 66.
Company Career
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Westlake, LAApril 14, 2016
Provides many opportunities to grow within the organization. Several growth opportunities have been available to me as an IT person. The organization provided several opportunities to move into other areas of expertise.
Everyone worked together and we all got along
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Free fountain drinks
Cons: no health insurance
Convenience store we sold gasoline and fish bait. everyone was always busy. I learned something new just about every day. I learned that if you work with your employees and not getting mad every time someone makes a mistakes sometime it only takes a minute or two to correct some thing the is no need to upset the whole crew things go a lot better
All was well working for Phillips
Production Operator (Former Employee), LouisianaMarch 8, 2016
I learned a lot that help me to move forward to better my self and it help me out a great deal that is one of the Places that I was taught about the Oil and Gas industry
Great place to work for a self starter.
Console Supervisor (Current Employee), Linden, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: Great Pay, Benifits, and Bonuses
Cons: High Stress position, No back up for emergancy situations, Training is lacking.
Training here is not up to par, for the dangers in refinery work should be more hands on, and not be pushed through qualifying on the position.
Great employees, Mediocre management
Refinery Operator (Former Employee), Ponca City, OKFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Blatant favoritism from management
The refinery is a great place to work, with few exceptions. The employees I worked with were very helpful and easy to get along with. The day to day operations ran smoothly with little interruption. My only complaint is the management of personnel was very selective. By that I mean management picked favorites and offered them opportunities not given to other equally qualified employees.
Gas clerk
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Raymond, NHFebruary 7, 2016
Ring out customers, clean coffee pots and coffee island, dust products, stock cigarettes and stock coolers, empty inside trashes, check in orders and put away orders, answer phones in friendly and professional manner, change outside trashes, clean parking lot, clean glass doors, check for out of dates. Management is really good with making sure things got done and assign any thing that they would like done, My coworkers and i would work together as a team to make sure we got everything done and we would do extra. The hardest part of the day would be when the lottery is extremely high and it would make for a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the day was making customers happy and made sure they got everything they needed,
Good Pay, Benefits, Terrible Management.
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Midland, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Pay and Benefits
Cons: Management
I fueled oilfield locations and well pumps, long days 16 hours to 20 hours, learned how to work in all weather conditions safely, management was terrible and lazy, one of the owners(Hector) was a homosexual and would harrass all the men workers.

Co-workers and myself reported his behavior but then got punished for standing up for ourselves.

Co-workers were great, and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the hot/cold weather.

Most enjoyable part of job was the great pay and being outside in fresh air when good weather.
Fun work place, great hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), LaPorte, INJanuary 16, 2016
Loved the people I worked with and I was always scheduled a great amount of hours. It was a great first job for me. You are around money a lot and you meat all kinds of people
Good company, safety-oriented, great deal of integrity.
Data Management Document Control Lead-Beaumont (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Well-established
Cons: Limited to oil and gas
Good company, safety-oriented, great deal of integrity. Hours are per personal directive, management interested in inputs, great people who are willing to help with any question.
Good placement experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), GrimsbyJanuary 8, 2016
A good experience for an industrial placement.
Learnt a lot of new things and had my eyes opened to careers in a fantastic environment. Rare to work for such a large company so early in career so I feel very fortunate for the opportunity.
Great place to eat while filling up some gas
Cashier/BBQ Cook (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2015
The family that runs the store is very friendly and community-oriented. They run annual events to support local business and collaborated a community business card board after the Black Forest fire to help support locals with work. They have delicious BBQ with a home-like environment, topped off with friendly and always familiar servers.
Good job for learning
Cashier/key holder (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 24, 2015
I learned a lot from running the gas station alone. The pay was definitely too low for running a gas station alone and being a key holder.
Productive workplace with experienced peers
Sr. Advisor Sales Force Excellence (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Great leadership fostering a culture of growth and professionalism
Great place to work, lots of experienced co-workers with specific expertise across a wide variety of jobs. Good work life balance.
Professional work environment with high level safety priority
drafter (Current Employee), Ferndale, WADecember 10, 2015
Cons: Close to nothing benebits for contractors
A real job for those who like to work in production. Fun, smart and well behaved (most of the time) people. Though, contractors aren't not a part of the team.
Inept Upper Management
Current Employee (Current Employee), Belle Chasse, LADecember 3, 2015
Pros: It helps pay the bills
Cons: Hostile environment; inept management style; NOT people oriented
Prior to the current management, a business team meeting at 7:30am provided valuable information for the various departments of the facility.
My manager directed that work does not begin until 6:30am and that anyone not putting in 10 hours is not being productive. This view now prevents business team participants from providing information to the team, thereby making the business team meeting ineffective.
Management has made remarks of an aged workforce and "needing to take care of the younger workers", resulting in the belief that employees who have given 25+ years of their career to Phillips66 are worthless and will not be rewarded for their contributions.
The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the relationships with many talented employees.
legit
fire watcher (Former Employee), KillingholmeDecember 1, 2015
the days of the job went well and smooth I learnt many different skills in the job the company management that I worked for wasn't the best left us with no contact to get hold of management I made many new friends n work
Environment for learning about people.
Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Closing shifts
Amazing work environment for people who enjoy the job. Have seen many people come and go throughout the years. Loved getting to know my regulars on a day to day basis. Sometimes duties would involve being outside and was not enjoyable when cold. Management was efficient and knew what had to be done. Money management skills improved. Checking in orders and putting them away. Best job I've had working with great people.
Revenue