Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Dynamic work environment that offers many opportunities for advancement.
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 January 2018
Great training, others are very willing to help mentor and answer questions. Regional sales representatives are responsible for meeting monthly sales call targets established each month. Ensure the regional inside sales team supports the disciplined roll of out E66 strategy. Exceed business plan model according to LRP sales commitments. Participate in work-team and extra-curricular activities.
Pros
Great benefits, management, and pay.
Cons
Employment status during industry recessions. Also, a lot of office politics.
More work, less training, less support
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Roxana, IL13 January 2018
Workload is becoming unmanageable, training is scarce but to deal with their unwillingness to train or even communcate information, they fire people for the slightest miss step. The culture is very negative.
good place to work
Supervisor (Arnie Ramirez) (Former Employee) –  Houston tx8 January 2018
very good pay and they are willing to train you in every aspect i learn how to handle many machines and what i like bout it was that its team work we all work together help each other out
Work was like family outside home.
Forklift Operator for Turnaround (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LA7 January 2018
I worked there for 15 years. I worked with people I considered as Family outside my blood Family. We always helped each other when we needed to and we worked in pretty bad weather conditions we needed.
Pros
Great Safety program.
Great Company
Product Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire4 January 2018
High performing organisation with great benefits and culture. Was sad that the company repositioned the organisation to a location that was out of my reach, but understand the reasoning.

I would recommend Phillips 66 to anyone thinking of pursuing a career here.
Pros
Benefits and culture
Cons
Can be hard to progress in the company as opportunities are hard fought.
Senior Advisor, Communications (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 January 2018
Company mission and values are inspiring and fully supported by leadership. Huge department budget for professional development, team building and travel.
Pros
Annual bonus, flex time each month
Cons
Half the company is in Bartlesville, Ok
Stressful, demanding, cut-throat environment.
Senior Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA3 January 2018
I cannot speak for other sites, but the Lake Charles Refinery has become a fairly toxic environment. It used to be a great place to work. That has changed drastically within the past 5 years. Management is unresponsive to the employees' needs and suggestions. It is strictly top down. No input from anyone below supervisory level. People who have their own personal agenda and are out only for themselves are common place in management now. That was not previously the case. Extremely stressful and demanding. Affected my physical health, which improved dramatically within 2 weeks of leaving.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Stress and management
The manage didn’t care about nobody but himself
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, IL27 December 2017
I worked overnights and I eventually wanted to get off Overnights Cause I was tired all the time and didn’t have no life and he wouldn’t take me off overnights
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
No Life other than this place
I loved my trainer, she was fabulous!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO20 December 2017
I LOVED working here, but I didn't make enough to provide for everything on my own. Sometimes it was hard to make ends meet and that's mostly why I looked else where. It hurt to leave because I have never had such great company and lovely co-workers. Mostly, I loved my work environment, I loved everyone at the ones I've worked at. They all treated me like family. I got to hop to a couple other gas stations and I loved it at those too! It was a great job, I feel I got a lot of experience from the one(s) I worked at and the people I worked with. The owner was/is always about his business and it's good to see that in someone above you!
Pros
Great co-workers, hard workers, team players, and always about business and helping the customers.
Cons
The wages
Positive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO18 December 2017
i enjoyed working there i got overtime a lot though its not mandatory. The owner i worked for was very caring of his employees very helpful! Its not a bad place to work at all.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits

Want to know more about Phillips 66?

Ask a question
Horrible management and no room for advancement
Operator (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LA12 December 2017
First and foremost this place is run by a group of the good ole boys. If you are not in the squad you will be stuck at the bottom of the pay scale forever
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
Management doesnt recognize talent. If you are not in the in crowd you get stepped over
Good place to work but going through many changes
Operator (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TX7 December 2017
Not a bad place to work, I work in the sulfur unit currently. You have your typical 3 rounds a shift and normal operational duties. The problem is the console is in a centralized location rather than in the unit itself. Certifications are based on old tests and requests to have them updated are denied.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Too much management
Decent job - wouldn't do it again
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL1 December 2017
The Phillips 66 I worked at was a decent place to work, but it wasn't for me. There were times when things were crazy busy, and times when it was so slow, I would spend an hour cleaning and straightening things around the store because there wasn't enough to do.
My manager was excellent and worked with me when there were scheduling issues.
I enjoyed my co-workers and the people who came to the station, as it afforded me an opportunity to interact with lots of different kinds of people.
Pros
Decent hours, good people
Cons
Lousy pay, long stretches of boring
Very secure atmosphere, great benefits
Major Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coalinga, CA28 November 2017
Great benefits, constantly changing tasks, hardest part of the job was the location being too far from family, management was very helpful, learned lots of pipeline knowledge
Pros
great benefits, retirement, incentives
Cons
location
Has become a tough place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TX25 November 2017
Has become very stressful and management is very hard to deal with. The benefits are good but there is little regard for loyalty and they take advantage of those that are.
Benefits
Cons
Managed by fear
Typical Day at work
Commercial Suspense (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK22 November 2017
My typical day was to run suspense and address BOLs suck in our system. Manage four internal mailboxes by redirecting emails to the Appropriate individual then save to a file.
Each manager has their own style.
Hardest part would be researching a BOL and not being able to get a BOL.
Making a difference.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Educational, amount of years employeed insentive programs are lacking
Administrative Assistant Daily Duties
Administrative Assistant- Intermittent (Former Employee) –  Borger, TX21 November 2017
Handled word processing and typing, entered data for reports inventory, answered and directed phone calls, represented the company in a professional and businesslike manner, prepared and put together training manuals, tracking of timesheet processes, assisted with testing for entry-level positions, input time report for exceptions, organized and put together resumes for new hires, put together packages for summer interns, along with sending care packages to interns in college.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
No Benefits or Health Insurance
A good place to work
Contract Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX16 November 2017
This was my first long-term technical writing job and my first oil and gas job. It was an amazing experience overall. I had great support from my manager, and the team I worked with were nice people, though they were understaffed at times.
Pros
Fairly relaxed culture, though it was professional
Cons
Some management issues up the chain
Good management..but very low pay..$8.00/hr...no personal or family time and is Rarely negotionable..No Benifits allowed.
Front end/ Floater (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK14 November 2017
Great management...low pay ..no Benefits..barely negotiable on family and personal time..Can't even get them to deduct court ordered child support payments.
Pros
Good Management at IB's pizza and deli in Edmond.
Cons
Low pay..Not much family or personal time..No Benefits.
Productive, Fun and Fast Paced work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK11 November 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday from the first day I started. And I really don't want to leave this company, they have become family and than friends. I actually love who I work for, they are great as people they have awesome hearts and I will always try to stay apart of this family.
Pros
Free Lunches, Holiday Parties (Gifts, Free Dinners etc)
Cons
Time off if needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips 66. Our community is ready to answer.