Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Phillips was a great company to work for
Provisioning Associate (Former Employee), Bartlesville, okJune 15, 2015
Phillips was a great company to work for, they have very competitive benefits, flexible work schedule and great work life balance. THey really inveset in their employees
Decent job, inefficient pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Easy, nice people
Cons: Unfulfilling, tedious
Management is friendly and lax, job culture is rather redundant and dull. A typical day here consists of a short list of tasks done every shift, such as replenishing product, disposing of waste to name a couple. When all this work is done, shifts typically run slowly when there are few to no customers. The job is relatively easy; I've had few difficulties. Most of my coworkers have been nice. In this time, I have met various types of people and in turn, have learned to build relationships, keep calm under pressure and communicate with mostly anyone.
Good Personal and Safety Culture
Senior Associate Technician (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKJune 12, 2015
Phillips 66 is a great place to work. Most managers are friendly and willing to communicate with their employees. The safety culture is felt in every aspect of one's daily work, from the laboratory setting to the office setting.
Professional and educational place to work
Finance Associate (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good working environment, good benefits and wages
Cons: Usual office politics
I loved working at Phillips/ConocoPhillips. My managers were more than competent and I always received excellent reviews. I would like to go back there.
Small company/ great experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
Give much autonomy and little supervision. I learned so much in such a short amount of time there. Another great thing is that you get to experience more tasks in different business units. This was great for me!
Enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Lyndon, KSApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Learned how to run the deep fryer, there was always something to do there. Inventory, stock the cooler, clean, dishes, run register, drop money in the safe.
great work enviorment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
good customer service skills
meet new people everyday
excellent bosses
learned many things that i did not know
learned how to give good customer service
love working with my coworkers
very flexible
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Oquawka, ILMarch 18, 2015
management was flexible with my schedule once i began taking classes. enjoyed working with coworkers and enjoyed the work. only reason for leaving is that i had to move away.
great place to work
Sr piping designer/Checker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
Nice office with very talented employees. Easy to find answers to questions from other disciplines. Location is easy to get to from all parts of the Houston area.
Refinery
Production Operator (Current Employee), Wilmington, CAFebruary 17, 2015
12 hour shift work schedule and a lot of good overtime hours, I would recommend to friends. Can easily hit 6 figures, pension does exist still and fun people to work around.
an eye opening experience
Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2015
fast paced and every day full of challenges, a gas station attendant is definitely a stressful and rewarding job.

it is amazing the spectrum of people you meet
The work was both fun and challenging, learning new process and process improvement.
QA / QC Lead (Former Employee), Brazoria, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay and hours.
Cons: lack of knowledge of upper level management
I saw a lot of inexperience with P-66, hiring outside contractors that were not safety conscious, or lacked knowledge of basic operations of drilling and running oilfield equipment. Upper level management consisted of College age people with limited knowledge of actual field operations and made calls mostly from what they had read out of either a field manual or a text book, these were the cons.. The pro's were that most people were friendly and willing to help or listen when a suggestion was made, and they welcomed the opinion of others and were somewhat receptive to ideas which were presented to them.
No Comments
Refining Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
No Comments. I have been a very short time. Due to recent budget reduction, my position was eliminated. Therefore I dont have any detail comments about this company.
Sharp Employees
Crude Optimization Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Phillips 66 has some of the sharpest and well rounded employees I have come across, especially on the trade floor. Unfortunately, that strong micro culture does often clashes with upper management.
Great place to Intern
IT Audit Intern (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed my intern experience there. The people are all loving and treat you like they've known you their whole lives.
Good job security, great work-life balance
Market Analyst - Gasoline Trading (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: bonus structure not great, slow career progression
great place to work but slow career progression. great job security and good compensation. not so great bonus structure.
A typical day
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roeland Park, KSNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free beverages, food from roller grill just not too much food. and being able to listen to music on radio.
Cons: none really aside from rude customers.
I would show up count into my cashier register for the day other employee would count down from register then leave for the night, if not busy i would mop the floor, clean the counters, made sure all beverages worked, lined up drinks in fridge isles, sure there were hotdogs on roller grill, and then just work on the register until close then I would lock up the store after counting down my register.

The responsibility of locking up a store and maintaining it clean.

Management just was keeping the store presentable and being friendly to customers.

My coworkers were fine at their jobs some lazier than others, but after all its a gas station that didn't get extreme rushes, always nice to costumers and we were nice to each other even outside the work place.

As i said its a gas station that had its normal clientele, but never to speedy or rushed so it was actually mellow, except when we would occasionally have a rude customer and having to deal with it you know the feeling of refraining your frustration with the customer.
Amazing
Sr. Web Content Editor (Current Employee), Bartlesville, OKNovember 11, 2014
Amazing company. Friendly atmosphere, great collaboration, amazing work ethic. I was a contractor here so my only complaint is job retention! I would love to retire from this company.
DISCRIMINATION!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Topeka, KSNovember 1, 2014
I was let go because, my manager found out that i was pregnant. I was told that he wouldn't have hired me if he knew that i was trying to start a family. He also told me that i should have used contraceptives...
Highly Stressful
Planner/ Scheduler (Former Employee), Borger, TXOctober 13, 2014
0530 start, pull in overnight break in emergency orders, verify schedule and make sure all materials are on hand for that day, verify material is expedited for emergency and warehouse spares. Plan work designated by plant and area priority, Build schedule for following week and up to two weeks out. Manage procurement of material for all rotating equipment refinery wide.
0% training, everything is OTJ on your own