Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Watch your back
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LA5 December 2016
This company loves to spend money. Millions of dollars worth of equipment, never been used, just lying around the plant.

They also love to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to slowly interview new employees. New employees go through all kinds of physical tests and evaluations of mental and physical abilities. After that they spend more money to have new employee sit through three months of classroom training.

The catch is, you will be fired in a heart beat, at any time, for no reason. Even long-time employees fear for their job security. In all my life I have never seen any business run so poorly.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Very very quick to be dismissive with no regard for the human toll.
Great People, Great Job Opportunities
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX11 September 2016
Phillips has a great team of people in all locations that encourage growth and learning. It is a high performing organization that encourages trying jobs in different areas and departments to learn about the company. Definitely opportunities for advancement
Pros
Job Opportunities, 19/30 schedule, Great Teams
High learning and career oriented
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX2 November 2016
Very experienced group with high profile people. Very orientated to group and very protective of the personnel. High value in the work culture. Technologically speaking very high
Pros
Stable work place for those who are permanent
Cons
Very hard to become an employee
Great place to start a career
Finance & Performance Analysis, IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK16 June 2016
Phillips encourages knowledge sharing among employees which will enable you to grow. The best part of my job is working with people who are experts at their jobs and are willing to share that knowledge. The hardest part is managing work/life balance.
Pros
Competitive company bonus
Cons
Relocation
Excellent workplace that cares for its people
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK23 May 2016
Phillips 66 is a wonderful company that has excellent benefits and cares about its people and their success. They provide great growth opportunities through projects and in-place development, as well as advancement opportunities. Their pride in their work is infectious. Work weeks can be long.
Pros
Benefits, Management support
I Enjoyed working Here
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK22 August 2016
My most enjoyable part of the job my Company a chance to Learn new Technologies and I worked on them.All my co-worker are very nice and Hardest part of my job is to complete my work in time it happend to me only once.
Fun place to work cause also had a subway and chicken
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Attica, IN26 August 2016
It was my first manager position held with all the responsibilities and I loved it.. The owners were hard to work for cause he would cuss you out he didn't care who was there.
Multiple Projects
Electrical & Instrumentation Inspector/CFR (Former Employee) –  Texas20 April 2016
Overall working for Phillips 66 was a Good Experience.
There is a lot of Politics involved, as with most Major oil & Gas Companies.
The Inspection & Engineering Staff overall was good to work with, although they were for the most part Inexperienced.
A lot of the Inspection/CFr Staff was not very receptive to new ideas or improvement oor change to the Inspection/Management style.
Pros
Fair Compensation & Time off
Cons
Political Enviroment
There was always something new and learned so many different and exciting adventures.
Lease Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK17 April 2016
Enjoyed working with customers and enthusiastic about all the new adventures that were always ahead. I helped in getting a new system SAP set up in our company which was very interesting and enjoyable. The management was great to work for. Truly enjoyed my time at Phillips 66.
Pros
It was just a fun place to work with great co-workers and management.
Cons
n/a
Great work environment
Safety and Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJ21 September 2016
Phillips 66 provides a great work/life balance for employees. The compensation and benefits are superb. I would recommend pursuing a career with this organization.
Stable company with old fashion rules
HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hourston, Texas28 June 2016
Very old fashion company with older thinking values. No work from home policy, business like dress code, no casual days
Pros
19/30 work days
Cons
no bad weather policy, Some manager make up rules as they go
Operations/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roxana, IL2 November 2016
Great place to work. Lots of over time. Great co-workers. Learned a lot about the company and the industry. Sometimes free lunches.
basket ball
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN17 September 2016
cashier. making sure nobody is stealing watching surveillance. making sure no suspicious activity. watching over the parking lot. refilinng and stocking.
Phillips 66
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA28 September 2016
Was good got to meet all kinds of people and made new friends.I was a manager and dealt with all the venders and ordering things needed.
Everyone worked together and we all got along
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AR9 March 2016
Convenience store we sold gasoline and fish bait. everyone was always busy. I learned something new just about every day. I learned that if you work with your employees and not getting mad every time someone makes a mistakes sometime it only takes a minute or two to correct some thing the is no need to upset the whole crew things go a lot better
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
no health insurance
great people to work with
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA4 August 2016
they always kept safety first and everyone was their brothers keeper and looked out for supervisors as well as employees
Great employees, Mediocre management
Refinery Operator (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OK10 February 2016
The refinery is a great place to work, with few exceptions. The employees I worked with were very helpful and easy to get along with. The day to day operations ran smoothly with little interruption. My only complaint is the management of personnel was very selective. By that I mean management picked favorites and offered them opportunities not given to other equally qualified employees.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Blatant favoritism from management
Gas clerk
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NH7 February 2016
Ring out customers, clean coffee pots and coffee island, dust products, stock cigarettes and stock coolers, empty inside trashes, check in orders and put away orders, answer phones in friendly and professional manner, change outside trashes, clean parking lot, clean glass doors, check for out of dates. Management is really good with making sure things got done and assign any thing that they would like done, My coworkers and i would work together as a team to make sure we got everything done and we would do extra. The hardest part of the day would be when the lottery is extremely high and it would make for a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the day was making customers happy and made sure they got everything they needed,
good lpace to work
Assisted the Assistant and Main Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland, MO2 May 2016
a lot of lottery transactions i learned alot about company accounts and how it works my coworkers were very cool the hardest part was being ok around upper management i loved people
Company Career
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LA14 April 2016
Provides many opportunities to grow within the organization. Several growth opportunities have been available to me as an IT person. The organization provided several opportunities to move into other areas of expertise.