Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Good Pay, Benefits, Terrible Management.
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 24, 2016
I fueled oilfield locations and well pumps, long days 16 hours to 20 hours, learned how to work in all weather conditions safely, management was terrible and lazy, one of the owners(Hector) was a homosexual and would harrass all the men workers.

Co-workers and myself reported his behavior but then got punished for standing up for ourselves.

Co-workers were great, and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the hot/cold weather.

Most enjoyable part of job was the great pay and being outside in fresh air when good weather.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Great place to work for a self starter.
Console Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Training here is not up to par, for the dangers in refinery work should be more hands on, and not be pushed through qualifying on the position.
Pros
Great Pay, Benifits, and Bonuses
Cons
High Stress position, No back up for emergancy situations, Training is lacking.
Great salary and benefits
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 22, 2015
Has great people to work with. Tries to help employees grow and develop but struggles because of the size. Very little work life balance for employees they deem to be high performers.
Pros
Fitness services, salary, benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Excellent
Projects Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 18, 2015
Phillips 66 is an amazing company to work for. The benefits are incredible. Work enviorment is good. At time worked long hours and some were lacking people skills but overall i had a great experience
Inept Upper Management
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LADecember 3, 2015
Prior to the current management, a business team meeting at 7:30am provided valuable information for the various departments of the facility.
My manager directed that work does not begin until 6:30am and that anyone not putting in 10 hours is not being productive. This view now prevents business team participants from providing information to the team, thereby making the business team meeting ineffective.
Management has made remarks of an aged workforce and "needing to take care of the younger workers", resulting in the belief that employees who have given 25+ years of their career to Phillips66 are worthless and will not be rewarded for their contributions.
The most enjoyable part of the workplace is the relationships with many talented employees.
Pros
It helps pay the bills
Cons
Hostile environment; inept management style; NOT people oriented
Gas clerk
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NHFebruary 7, 2016
Ring out customers, clean coffee pots and coffee island, dust products, stock cigarettes and stock coolers, empty inside trashes, check in orders and put away orders, answer phones in friendly and professional manner, change outside trashes, clean parking lot, clean glass doors, check for out of dates. Management is really good with making sure things got done and assign any thing that they would like done, My coworkers and i would work together as a team to make sure we got everything done and we would do extra. The hardest part of the day would be when the lottery is extremely high and it would make for a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the day was making customers happy and made sure they got everything they needed,
Enjoyed my work but time off was poor
Production Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  HumbersideMay 9, 2015
I was working closely with the Permit to Work system on a daily basis, ensuring all work was completed safely and no job is commenced without everyone fully knowing their responsibilities, dangers associated with the job and what to do in case of an emergency.

I am fully qualified and competent in offshore and onshore emergency response training and hold a high regard for the safety of myself and others around me.

I learnt a lot about my job role with good training at Phillips but didn't enjoy the 8 hour shift pattern which meant my work/life balance was poor
Pros
management benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Great benefits and long hours on occassion
sr refrigeration mech (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 7, 2015
Good place to work. Great benefits good people.Work days in maintenance are 8.5 hrs day to 16hrs per day depending on how critical the breakdowns are.
Pros
free coffee good vacation
Cons
dont make any plans during work week.
Great job, everyone works together for a common goal
Operator (Current Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work. Learn alot of different things that translate to your life outside of work(electricity, motors, relief systems, etc.). The job really isn't hard. Just a very dangerous job if something goes wrong and possible long term health effects from being around chemicals for years.
Pros
Great benefits, good job
Cons
Long term exposure to dangerous chemicals
Great employees, Mediocre management
Refinery Operator (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKFebruary 10, 2016
The refinery is a great place to work, with few exceptions. The employees I worked with were very helpful and easy to get along with. The day to day operations ran smoothly with little interruption. My only complaint is the management of personnel was very selective. By that I mean management picked favorites and offered them opportunities not given to other equally qualified employees.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Blatant favoritism from management
Multiple Projects
Electrical & Instrumentation Inspector/CFR (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 20, 2016
Overall working for Phillips 66 was a Good Experience.
There is a lot of Politics involved, as with most Major oil & Gas Companies.
The Inspection & Engineering Staff overall was good to work with, although they were for the most part Inexperienced.
A lot of the Inspection/CFr Staff was not very receptive to new ideas or improvement oor change to the Inspection/Management style.
Pros
Fair Compensation & Time off
Cons
Political Enviroment
Excellent workplace that cares for its people
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 23, 2016
Phillips 66 is a wonderful company that has excellent benefits and cares about its people and their success. They provide great growth opportunities through projects and in-place development, as well as advancement opportunities. Their pride in their work is infectious. Work weeks can be long.
Pros
Benefits, Management support
Cons
Great place to start a career
Finance & Performance Analysis, IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 16, 2016
Phillips encourages knowledge sharing among employees which will enable you to grow. The best part of my job is working with people who are experts at their jobs and are willing to share that knowledge. The hardest part is managing work/life balance.
Pros
Competitive company bonus
Cons
Relocation
There was always something new and learned so many different and exciting adventures.
Lease Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 17, 2016
Enjoyed working with customers and enthusiastic about all the new adventures that were always ahead. I helped in getting a new system SAP set up in our company which was very interesting and enjoyable. The management was great to work for. Truly enjoyed my time at Phillips 66.
Pros
It was just a fun place to work with great co-workers and management.
Cons
n/a
Productive workplace with experienced peers
Sr. Advisor Sales Force Excellence (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 24, 2015
Great place to work, lots of experienced co-workers with specific expertise across a wide variety of jobs. Good work life balance.
Pros
Great leadership fostering a culture of growth and professionalism
I Enjoyed working Here
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 22, 2016
My most enjoyable part of the job my Company a chance to Learn new Technologies and I worked on them.All my co-worker are very nice and Hardest part of my job is to complete my work in time it happend to me only once.
Fun place to work cause also had a subway and chicken
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Attica, INAugust 26, 2016
It was my first manager position held with all the responsibilities and I loved it.. The owners were hard to work for cause he would cuss you out he didn't care who was there.
Stable company with old fashion rules
HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hourston, TexasJune 28, 2016
Very old fashion company with older thinking values. No work from home policy, business like dress code, no casual days
Pros
19/30 work days
Cons
no bad weather policy, Some manager make up rules as they go
Everyone worked together and we all got along
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 9, 2016
Convenience store we sold gasoline and fish bait. everyone was always busy. I learned something new just about every day. I learned that if you work with your employees and not getting mad every time someone makes a mistakes sometime it only takes a minute or two to correct some thing the is no need to upset the whole crew things go a lot better
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
no health insurance
Phillips was a great company to work for
Provisioning Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, okJune 15, 2015
Phillips was a great company to work for, they have very competitive benefits, flexible work schedule and great work life balance. THey really inveset in their employees