Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Small company/ great experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
Give much autonomy and little supervision. I learned so much in such a short amount of time there. Another great thing is that you get to experience more tasks in different business units. This was great for me!
Enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Lyndon, KSApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Learned how to run the deep fryer, there was always something to do there. Inventory, stock the cooler, clean, dishes, run register, drop money in the safe.
great work enviorment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
good customer service skills
meet new people everyday
excellent bosses
learned many things that i did not know
learned how to give good customer service
love working with my coworkers
very flexible
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Oquawka, ILMarch 18, 2015
management was flexible with my schedule once i began taking classes. enjoyed working with coworkers and enjoyed the work. only reason for leaving is that i had to move away.
great place to work
Sr piping designer/Checker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
Nice office with very talented employees. Easy to find answers to questions from other disciplines. Location is easy to get to from all parts of the Houston area.
Refinery
Production Operator (Current Employee), Wilmington, CAFebruary 17, 2015
12 hour shift work schedule and a lot of good overtime hours, I would recommend to friends. Can easily hit 6 figures, pension does exist still and fun people to work around.
an eye opening experience
Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2015
fast paced and every day full of challenges, a gas station attendant is definitely a stressful and rewarding job.

it is amazing the spectrum of people you meet
The work was both fun and challenging, learning new process and process improvement.
QA / QC Lead (Former Employee), Brazoria, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay and hours.
Cons: lack of knowledge of upper level management
I saw a lot of inexperience with P-66, hiring outside contractors that were not safety conscious, or lacked knowledge of basic operations of drilling and running oilfield equipment. Upper level management consisted of College age people with limited knowledge of actual field operations and made calls mostly from what they had read out of either a field manual or a text book, these were the cons.. The pro's were that most people were friendly and willing to help or listen when a suggestion was made, and they welcomed the opinion of others and were somewhat receptive to ideas which were presented to them.
No Comments
Refining Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
No Comments. I have been a very short time. Due to recent budget reduction, my position was eliminated. Therefore I dont have any detail comments about this company.
Sharp Employees
Crude Optimization Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Phillips 66 has some of the sharpest and well rounded employees I have come across, especially on the trade floor. Unfortunately, that strong micro culture does often clashes with upper management.
Great place to Intern
IT Audit Intern (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed my intern experience there. The people are all loving and treat you like they've known you their whole lives.
Good job security, great work-life balance
Market Analyst - Gasoline Trading (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: bonus structure not great, slow career progression
great place to work but slow career progression. great job security and good compensation. not so great bonus structure.
A typical day
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roeland Park, KSNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free beverages, food from roller grill just not too much food. and being able to listen to music on radio.
Cons: none really aside from rude customers.
I would show up count into my cashier register for the day other employee would count down from register then leave for the night, if not busy i would mop the floor, clean the counters, made sure all beverages worked, lined up drinks in fridge isles, sure there were hotdogs on roller grill, and then just work on the register until close then I would lock up the store after counting down my register.

The responsibility of locking up a store and maintaining it clean.

Management just was keeping the store presentable and being friendly to customers.

My coworkers were fine at their jobs some lazier than others, but after all its a gas station that didn't get extreme rushes, always nice to costumers and we were nice to each other even outside the work place.

As i said its a gas station that had its normal clientele, but never to speedy or rushed so it was actually mellow, except when we would occasionally have a rude customer and having to deal with it you know the feeling of refraining your frustration with the customer.
Amazing
Sr. Web Content Editor (Current Employee), Bartlesville, OKNovember 11, 2014
Amazing company. Friendly atmosphere, great collaboration, amazing work ethic. I was a contractor here so my only complaint is job retention! I would love to retire from this company.
DISCRIMINATION!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Topeka, KSNovember 1, 2014
I was let go because, my manager found out that i was pregnant. I was told that he wouldn't have hired me if he knew that i was trying to start a family. He also told me that i should have used contraceptives...
Highly Stressful
Planner/ Scheduler (Former Employee), Borger, TXOctober 13, 2014
0530 start, pull in overnight break in emergency orders, verify schedule and make sure all materials are on hand for that day, verify material is expedited for emergency and warehouse spares. Plan work designated by plant and area priority, Build schedule for following week and up to two weeks out. Manage procurement of material for all rotating equipment refinery wide.
0% training, everything is OTJ on your own

Fantastic co- workers

Insufficient manpower, Constant change

The people
up beat plac eto work
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: short breaks frequently
Cons: no health care
meeting new people. wrking in a envirement that is always busy is interesting.I always had great employess. There was nothing that was to hard for this job.
Project Manager/ IT Infrastucture (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Great place to work. Great people. Beautiful site.
Loved everything about it.
Family oriented and supportive
Research Engineer (Current Employee), Bartlesville, OKAugust 16, 2014
Pros: supportive and great compensation
Very friendly working environment, great compensation. Highly encourage networking. Communication skills are highly valued.
Friendly and productive environment to work
R&D Technician Intern, Analytical Sciences (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKJuly 18, 2014
I joined the company as an intern and I was able to learn a lot in short time.

1 2 3 4