Phillip Van Leeuwen, a furniture company with over 30 years of continuous operations in the Ottawa area is currently seeking an experienced Furniture Delivery Driver for its Warehouse in the Innes Industrial Park.
We are seeking a new member for our team with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, good judgment and professional customer service skills. Experience driving a 5-ton truck and a DZ license is REQUIRED.
The Delivery Driver’s Job consists of the Following:
- Filling out daily log and run sheets and planning delivery routes
- Properly Inspecting the truck each day
- Inspection of products prior to loading and delivery
- Loading all furniture and products daily
- Unloading, assembling and installing furniture in client’s homes
- Removing all garbage from client’s homes for disposal at the warehouse
- Be respectful of clients and their homes and property
- Ensuring maximum level of safety for themselves and their associate
- Calling customers one hour prior to delivery
- Ensuring all invoices and paperwork are properly filled out
- Taking payment from clients, in the form of cash, credit, debit.
- Review the next day’s delivery schedule and notes for accuracy
- When not driving, assisting the warehouse staff and showroom with moves and tasks as necessary or as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
The Assistant Delivery Driver will answer to the Lead Driver and to the Warehouse Manager.
Hours are from 8:15AM to 5:00PM with alternating 6 day and 4 day weeks.
Must be available to work weekends and some overtime in evenings.
Clean driver’s abstract required.
Criminal Record Check Required.
Secondary School Education Required.
DZ class license and experience with a 5-ton truck is REQUIRED.
Bilingualism not required but will be considered an asset.
$14.00/Hour for 44 Hours a week plus overtime and benefits.