Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Average
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot of new trades
Cons: poor management and low pay for the work that was being done
It was alright. I learned a lot about different cultures because it was a mixture of people working there. I didn't like the fact that they lack management skills but overall it was ok. I almost learned a new language and I looked at everyday as a learning experience. I learned how to sorter and the different types of lighten use for everyday use. I – more... learn how to properly handle and upload information to the motherboard for proper function of the dimmer strips and concert lights we built – less
Professional and Innovative
Import/Export Assistant Manager (Former Employee), DubaiMarch 24, 2014
Pros: regular social activities such as football, photo shooting etc
Cons: tough to have good balance between family and work
It was my great honor serving the Company. I experienced a terrific and amazing work environment with supportive management. Human Resources personnel very close to the Company's Community and really dedicated in providing all support. I definitely learnt a lot especially I became much more professional within such an international business environment. – more... It was really fun and enjoyable working here, despite time constraint. – less
My Review
Sr. Manager - Industrial HRM (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMarch 23, 2014
Process and system oriented company, One of the best employers in India and globally
Awesome Place!!
Facilities Planner / Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: work schedule
Philips has teamwork and cameraderie that is unmatched in its industry. There are many advancement opportunities and training development programs to help you succeed at Philips. Compensation and Benefits are among the best in their class, very competitive.
Productive and fun workplace.
Developer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 21, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork processes, and performance outcomes.
I've worked in this business for 26 years, that consist of working inland and offshore. I've always considered myself a team player and a leader.
PLW (person leading work) (Former Employee), San Ardo, Ca.March 20, 2014
Pros: being recognised as a team, bbq's
Cons: a disgruntle supervisor.
I would arrive at around 6:15 a.m. to prep the truck for the work day ahead. we would drive to the patch and have our mourning meeting with our supervisor. He would delegate the to all the P.L.W.'s.
In this business you have to learn quick, like wind direction if H2S is present, know how read your H2S detectors and know the limitations L.O. / T.O. procedures, – more... safe works, and always keep your work enviroment a safe place for you and your co-workers.
I've learned that management should be strong with your workers but yet you encourage and congradulate them for doing a job well. If you have a team of workers that look out for eachother and follow standard operating procedures and be accicent free .... to me that's a good reflection on having a supervisor that looks out for the workers.
Co-workers are the vital part of this business, because with out your co-workers nothing will get done. This is where a good supervisor will put a team of workers together and work with them.Your co-worker has to know what to do in case of an emergency.
Conflict with your co-workers is the hardest part. If you can't keep your mind on the job and know what the next step is, that will create a bad work enviroment.
when you can go home to your family and have a good positive attitude about your work because you worked safe, nobody got hurt and you even got some work done! – less
Good if security is what you seek. Interesting and Dynamic Work Environment? Not So Much
Senior Manager, Innovation, Philips (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: job security and excellent work/life balance
Cons: passionless, poor management, not innovative or strategic
Great place if status quo is appealing vs. being a change agent or raising the bar (in any way) is one's focus.

European style management- i.e. top down. Mid level or Senior Managers are treated with relative indifference.

Top heavy lots of Directors/Senior Directors who are good at playing politics (but sadly not much else).

In short if you're a – more... classically trained marketer looking for innovative/challenging and interesting work Philips is not a fit.

Culture: Very passive aggressive

Pros: Job security and work/life balance – less
Good Company
Lead, Dock worker order picker unloaded loader (Former Employee), Ontario caMarch 19, 2014
Not a bad place to work .Great with workers the company just needs to hire the right workers .
National installer of Unix based computer systems
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the equipment and the people in the pros division are great to work with.
Cons: philips has laid me off twice in 4 years.
Install new systems and upgrades to existing Unix based computer systems. Transfer of patient database's from old servers to new servers. Tech support on the phone.
Ideal work environment with a lot of opportunities
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 15, 2014
- Employee-first culture
- Competent management
- Proper work/life balance
- Opportunity for career progression
- Multiple channels for growth
Great work environment
Electronic Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: the cafeteria is great
Cons: i was laid off. i would like to continue my career there
I learned that education is very important when it comes to working at Philips and Management encourages input
Busy life, lots to learn, friendly colleagues!
GCX Software Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHMarch 13, 2014
Awesome place to work with friendly people all around! Lots to learn about their business. Amazing workout group in the gym!

Short-staffed, meaning people rush off occasionally to cover for posts that should have been there, throwing schedules off-track. Management needs to look into this.
Innovative and Professional Culture
Project Leader and Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 13, 2014
Culture was balanced with highly skilled staff and management with clear strategic plans.
Challenging
Field Service Engineer, North Texas (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 8, 2014
Very interesting
Team environment
solve complex problems
Keep customers happy
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee), andover, maMarch 6, 2014
Business Analyst professional experienced in process definition and content management as a part of process framework lifecycle. Worked on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using waterfall and agile method including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, software quality standards, configuration – more... management, Change management and quality procedures. – less
If you like bleeding edge tech, this is the place
Development Environment Engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: location, pay, coffee
Cons: work
Great People!
Busy all the time...
TRAINING!
Awesome Boss
above average pay
Good team, bad org
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Murrysville, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good team. lots of work.
Cons: micro-management. progress averse
My scrum team was primarily Summa contractors that were great to work with but Philips management was entrenched in older methods and models and fought tooth and nail against forward progress. Being in a position between them both, I was constantly put under the bus.
Great global organization
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Utah, Idaho, Nevada,February 28, 2014
Pros: great organization
Cons: very large organization
Enjoyed working at Philips. They are a great company. Like any large organization when they decide to eliminate multiple disciplines it occurs for the betterment of the organization and the stock holders.

Unfortunately many individuals lost their positions.

I believe in their product's and continue to use many and recommend as well.
Great place to work at.
CT Gantry Assembler (Former Employee), Highland Hts. OhioFebruary 28, 2014
It is to bad there was a big lay off. There was a continuing education on line offered at Phillips
Technical Support
Sales Support Engineer (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 26, 2014
Support customers, onsite support, live presentations, webinars, worldwide support via email and onsite support.

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more