Philips

growing company
well known
caring
very productive
people on most part worked hard our hr dept sucked as did our union
pgs (Former Employee), Bath, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: not much at all a job to take care of family
Cons: poor management at times and some very lszy people
start at 6:45 to catch op on the prior shift my time as 7:00 was start time then on to machine checks check product run and monitor production sample work during the day. check specks contact shipping dept may do rebuilds machine parts morning or noon meeting then on with all other plant functions.
Great Experience
Medical Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2014
Great company to work for.
Co-workers were team players
Hardest part were answering all of the emails
Client Relations Associate
Client Relations Associate/Admin (Former Employee), Playa Vista, CAJune 19, 2014
This a great company. The fun atmosphere helps build company morale
Productive and enjoyable work space
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: n/a
Philips Healthcare is a Diverisified company with many offices around the world. Advancement is very hard unless you are either in management or Senior management.
Good all around company
Advanced Development Lab Technician -Supports (Former Employee), Bath, NYJune 12, 2014
Pros: always learning something new
Assisted in new product development, Built prototype lamps, Performed electrical, thermal and photometric measurements of lamps and ballasts per ANSI, Monitored, maintained, and repaired test equipment, Wrote procedures and trained others to operate test equipment, Coordinated pilot runs with production of new products, Provided technical support to – more... production, Cost improvements, Problem solving, Trained operators to make new products
Managed Engineering life tests, Worked 6 months in specifications department. – less
Fast paced sales man oriiented, rewards, good market, great compensation and benefits, great time in my career
Senor Sales Executive/ S (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJune 6, 2014
Pros: great compensation, face pace, great benefits, fun place to work
Cons: high, high pressure.....cost me my marriage because of too much time spent away from home
At Philips I was given the opportunity to rectify an underperforming
territory and turn it into one of the top performing territories in the country. I got to travel around the world on several sales incentive trips . Made many long lasting friendships and was held in the highest esteem by the sales management. I earned $300,000 per year in my pyear – more... and never made below $185;000 per year in every one of my nearly 7 years with the organization . The company changed greatly after (Advanwas ATL it (Advanced Technology Lab was purchased by Philips in 1998. By my last year their in 2003 it was a big corporation . During the next 10 years tremendous parity took over the products in my business . It was not as fun. However I consider those year the best in my career. – less
Good overall company
Technical Support Team Lead (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 6, 2014
Good company to work for. Management is overall helpful based individual performance.
Data Analyst (contract)
Data Analyst II, SAP Migration (Contract) (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 3, 2014
Pros: free coffee; work from home if needed
Proactive environment; management knowledgeable and helpful; all for learning and progressing yet acknowledge need for family time.
The work is challenging but also very rewarding which supports a great culture at Philips.
NPI Process Engineer / Project Manager (Current Employee), Reedsville PAJune 3, 2014
The best part of the work was managing the project Cameleo from the very beginning to close to design lock. Unfortunately Boston Scientific a venture party, jumped out of the project with all their funding which killed the project.
Overall it was a very successful project of the scope we did at the Reedsville site.
Average Job
Electronics Analyst (Former Employee), Collierville, TNJune 1, 2014
Average Job. Typical Job...........................................
Great Company
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: reward system, some flexibility
Cons: constant change within the department and protocols
The company has a great Mission and Vision toward helping our customers, and changing lives in the healthcare field.They are very driven to be the best they can for the heart of the business which is to provide exceptional and outstanding service to their clients/customers.There is always change within the company to mainly promote a Lean System that – more... works well for the company and it's employees...I enjoy being of service as a Dispatcher for the Field Service Engineers because it entales me to be a multi tasker which is a great quality that I have as one of my strengths. – less
Production enviroment making Halogen burners for par lamps.
Product Group Specialist (Former Employee), Bath, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits, up to date technology, close to home.
Cons: plant closed.
Running and maintaining a halogen lamp making line. Use of various measuring devices to ensure product is running within specification guidelines. Make repairs to line as needed and perform all scheduled PMS as needed.
Excellen Work Environment
PeopleSoft Consultant (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMay 27, 2014
Job Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits/Job Security/Advancement did not apply as I was a contract consultant.
great benefits
Data Control Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 26, 2014
tuition reimbursement, health insurance, life insurance, company discounts on travel and family entertainment
Challenging
QUALITY AND REGULATORY PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee), Andover, MAMay 22, 2014
Large business, with all the pros and challenges that go along with it. Overall a reasonable place to work.
Informatica develore (Current Employee), BangaloreMay 19, 2014
Learning is good . Seniors are too cool and encouraging.
We worked hard and learned from an issue which have created lot of issues. The issue was Special characters for chinese data. that issue was related to Trillum data quality.
USMC
Electronics Engineering Technician 3 (Current Employee), Bothell, WAMay 17, 2014
I served in the USMC from 2005 -2009 as an automotive mechanic, deploying to Iraq from 2006-2007 achieving the rank of Corporal (E-4) Noncommissioned Officer.
Laid back but intense when there is work
Integration QA Lead (Current Employee), framingham, MAMay 6, 2014
Pros: you are given the freedom to work and take responsibilities.
Cons: few projects and not much to learn or explore or raise up on the corporate ladder.
A typical mid-size firm owned by a huge corporation. The work is not intense or heavy. pleasant and friendly place. you have to meet your deadlines and be productive when necessary. Everyone are friendly and help you when required.
leadership
Lead, Dock worker order picker unloaded loader (Former Employee), Ontario CAApril 26, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: changing start times
I enjoyed working @ philips There was an issue with the start times .

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more