Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ideal work environment with a lot of opportunities
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 15, 2014
- Employee-first culture
- Competent management
- Proper work/life balance
- Opportunity for career progression
- Multiple channels for growth
Great work environment
Electronic Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: the cafeteria is great
Cons: i was laid off. i would like to continue my career there
I learned that education is very important when it comes to working at Philips and Management encourages input
Busy life, lots to learn, friendly colleagues!
GCX Software Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHMarch 13, 2014
Awesome place to work with friendly people all around! Lots to learn about their business. Amazing workout group in the gym!

Short-staffed, meaning people rush off occasionally to cover for posts that should have been there, throwing schedules off-track. Management needs to look into this.
Innovative and Professional Culture
Project Leader and Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 13, 2014
Culture was balanced with highly skilled staff and management with clear strategic plans.
Challenging
Field Service Engineer, North Texas (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 8, 2014
Very interesting
Team environment
solve complex problems
Keep customers happy
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee), andover, maMarch 6, 2014
Business Analyst professional experienced in process definition and content management as a part of process framework lifecycle. Worked on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using waterfall and agile method including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, software quality standards, configuration – more... management, Change management and quality procedures. – less
If you like bleeding edge tech, this is the place
Development Environment Engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: location, pay, coffee
Cons: work
Great People!
Busy all the time...
TRAINING!
Awesome Boss
above average pay
Good team, bad org
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Murrysville, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good team. lots of work.
Cons: micro-management. progress averse
My scrum team was primarily Summa contractors that were great to work with but Philips management was entrenched in older methods and models and fought tooth and nail against forward progress. Being in a position between them both, I was constantly put under the bus.
Great global organization
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Utah, Idaho, Nevada,February 28, 2014
Pros: great organization
Cons: very large organization
Enjoyed working at Philips. They are a great company. Like any large organization when they decide to eliminate multiple disciplines it occurs for the betterment of the organization and the stock holders.

Unfortunately many individuals lost their positions.

I believe in their product's and continue to use many and recommend as well.
Great place to work at.
CT Gantry Assembler (Former Employee), Highland Hts. OhioFebruary 28, 2014
It is to bad there was a big lay off. There was a continuing education on line offered at Phillips
Technical Support
Sales Support Engineer (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 26, 2014
Support customers, onsite support, live presentations, webinars, worldwide support via email and onsite support.
Great Company with Technology that saves lives
Sales Account Specialist- Government (Former Employee), United States Mid Central RegionFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great products, great team, opportunity to work with warfighter
Cons: none except reduction in force which eliminated my position
My position as Military/Government Account Manager including working with all branches of military service and federal government. My accounts were pre-hospital and included clinics, special operations, EMS, facility and safety managers and others. A typical day included prospecting, customer meetings and territory management. The position was 50% or – more... more travel and covered 20 states so there were many days spent on the road. I was the program manager for new business in development with the military and always looked for ways to support the warfighter and medical responders. My co-workers and management team were driven as I am to do all we could do to help provide the equipment, training and products to meet the needs of the military and government medical teams.
The hardest part of my job was the recent budget restraints that have been placed on the government and military teams. Sequestration was difficult for customers with many trying to cut corners to meet budget and delaying programs and purchases due to decreased funding.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to meet passionate, very smart, strong and caring men and women who support our country and help to keep the warfighter safe. Listening to their needs and working with Philips and distributors to develop products that help the medical team to their best was very enjoyable. – less
fantastic
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), DhakaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: multinational company
Cons: temporary job
it my pleasure to work with PHILIPS.as they are famous worldwide.
i worked as a marketing assistant.mainly i helped the head of marketing officer.
all worker were highly qualified,it,was a interesting job.
no pressure of working too much.and the environment was fantastic

thanks
good company to work with
Electrical Engineering Lead (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2014
good company to work with. It is a big company, very diversified.
Productive work enviroment where employees work together to achieve a goal.
Senior Receiving Inspector (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: the company provides lunch for employees on some saturdays.
Cons: i consider phillips health one of the best medical device companies in san diego
Phillip Health Care is a good company for any one interested in working in the medical Device industry to work. Employees are well trained in the field of specialization, safety is praticed, and there is always someone available to answer any question.
Team Synergism
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), HomeFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: phenomenal benefits/employee treatment, great team mentality overall
Cons: my particular team often worked extreme hours
Great benefits, teamwork, and management. Cutting edge technology in Philips Healthcare PCCI specifically; felt really good to be on the inside loop of some of the largest advancements in patient care, and after coming right out of undergrad in business and math all of my co-workers couldn't have been more helpful in explaining clinical aspects to me, – more... as well as helping me understand customer interactions, etc. (anything that would help our team, somebody would have no problem taking the time to explain and make sure I understand fully the concept/information in question). – less
Philips Healthcare service instills a great sense of personal satisfaction supporting the Medical Imaging Radiologist, Doctors, Staff and their Patien
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great sense of personal worth and growth
Cons: at times not enough time in the day to do all that you want, need to do
Philips Healthcare is a fabulous and exciting company to grow in skills and customer service knowing that the end result is the sustainment and systems improvement the for Doctors and Staffs patient care. The verbal appreciation for the systems capabilities by the Doctors and Supported Staff are extremely gratifying providing a great sense of personal – more... pride and self-worth. The training and education on the corporate level is very good and directly relevant to the position. The colleagues’ continually strive to aid each other and support for the customer and Philips which makes the mission less stressful and provides a visually holistic approach to the customer facing. The most difficult part of this vocation is arranging the time to provide a corrective action when the system is just not quite down as the customers still wish to work with it due to its capabilities. When it is all said and done the greatest and most enjoyable part of this vocation is the knowledge and gratifying responses from those whom are supported that you are part of making anothers life easier, longer, and of a much better quality. – less
Exciting company with lots of travel
(PSC) Lead-man Hydro-blaster (Former Employee), Benicia, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: recognizing those who knew their jobs
Cons: the sharing of responsibilities and training of potential great workers.
I learned about becoming a team player here more than any company before in this capacity. The company was experiencing a lot of changes in upper management which affected the workforces flow of efficiency in regards to appointments of promotions and recognitions.
The hardest part of this job was accommodating particular special needs of dedicated and – more... loyal employees.
The most enjoyable part of this job I feel was the opportunity given is the assignments that required travel – less
Great place to work, however no permanant employement available at this time
COMMERICAL OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Andover MassFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: the pros to this job is the excessive amount of overtime available.
Cons: the cons, no benefits as a temporary employee
typical day is fast paced, customer service based position.
I have learned alot about the products Philips provides and gained insight into the medical field.
I enjoy the customers and the people
Philips Healthcare
Team Lead - Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2014
Philips ASAP department offered a wonderful challenge to help develop a department where you see fulfillment in ensuring that sophisticated materials be delivered and installed at hospitals for the ultimate patient care experience possible.

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more