Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great learning expierence and step in the right direction.
Lead Administrator (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: temporary position because it is contract work
My typical work days are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. My usual morning starts with me going through my emails. I respond to suppliers and any questions that any of our Quality Engineers might have. On a daily I manage an Access database and an Excel sheet. I also send out packages for part qualifications. I copy and scan on a daily as well too.

The – more... hardest part of my job is dealing with my co-workers sometimes. They are all Quality Engineers and they sort of speak their own language. I sometimes get frustrated because they expect me to understand them and I don't. I am not trained in their area.

The thing I enjoy most about my job would be my boss. He is truly a great person to work for and he cares about his employees. He has me set up a lunch that he pays for every month to celebrate peoples birthdays. – less
Excellent work life balance
Product Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2014
Great company with focus on work life balance, flexible work from home and vacation policies
So very messed up
Account Manager (Current Employee), USASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many to list.
Philips was once a great place to work. Great team mentality, good work/family balance, decent pay, lots of communication from management, etc. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Now it is every man or woman for themselves, horrible work/family balance and no communication. The upper management has threatened the sales people and yelled at them – more... on national conference calls that he is going to clean house if they don't shape up. The thing is it's not the sales people that are the problem but the upper managements decisions to get rid of direct sales and go with agents (over 200 people lost their jobs last December, two weeks before Christmas) and now a new round of layoffs are occurring. Morale is at an all time low. Everyone is scared they will be let go next. If your thinking of working for Philips my advice is run. – less
Becoming a joke
Assembler (Current Employee), PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: ok compensation, nothing great
Cons: those in production set up to fail, and the skilled are worked like crazy while the lazy are free to do as they please.
Very dismal culture. Always expecting more and more while employees receive less and less. Little/no concern for development and no upwards mobility for production unless you kiss the right person's butt. But who has time for that? A lot of dead weight and some of the mgmnt have horrible people skills.
Philips Medical Systems
Quality Assurance & Regulatory Engineer (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHAugust 24, 2014
The current environment and Philips is fast paced and constantly changing. The high tension environment is a result of a business decision to halt production after a recent audit. Environment previous to the audit was constantly in "crisis" mode resulting and many "band aid" resolutions that offer immediate resolution to any issue at hand but did not – more... solve the issue in the long term.
The typical day is not easy to plan. Employees are frequently unable to direct their attentions to the tasks they desire to focus on due to any number of demands placed on their attention for other areas. This often leads to the feeling of "fire fighting." Organization, schedule blocking, and planning help but are difficult to adhere to as the business culture does not lend itself to these activities.
Cultural change was a demand placed on all employees with an intent to be driven from the top down. Initial results regarding this change were promising, as of late, the culture seems to be reverting back to the "old way" and creating a counter productive atmosphere. – less
close to home, decent benefits, friendly atmosphere
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), pittsburghAugust 23, 2014
Pros: close to home, decent benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough employees for the work load
Creating reliability targets, selecting and planning reliability strategies.
Using the proper reliability tools to assure that project expectations are meet
Overall a great place to work
System Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHAugust 17, 2014
As with every company there are management issues, but generally the people are great and the atmosphere makes it a nice place to work
work environment
Internship (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 16, 2014
It is a friendly working environment and I really enjoy the people I work with.
Going downhill
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Andover, MAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: company to hire more younger, lower salaried people to carry the company next 100 years.
Cons: benefits reduced or constantly changing in the name of cost savings. bad earnings for 2014.
Upper management ruled by fear from Eindhoven.
After achieving project milestones compensation is poor for most workers. Whilst management and R&D get monetary bonuses worker bees get cake, tee shirt and message of thanks.
Corporate management cares more about EBITDA for shareholders over its employees.
Hard to focus on tasks at hand because of production – more... floor problems.
Employees work hard to get product shipped. – less
Excellent international telecommunications company
Expediter/Order Management/Customer Liaison (Former Employee), North Branch NJ/ The NetherlandsAugust 4, 2014
Pros: growth in every aspect of business and self
Cons: demise of lucent
Excellent company to work for and enjoyed my 20+ years at this company which partnered with ATT/Lucent. My responsibilities were at first to expedite all orders being shipped from The Netherlands to ATT customers. In this position the growth was beyond my expectations and provided me with many different responsibilities and growth throughout the years. – more... Enjoyed the interfacing with customers, colleagues and management. – less
Company in panic mode, in trouble
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 30, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: too many to list
A company with several product lines shutdown and everybody in a panic mode easily willing to backstab in an effort to try and stick around. Pushing early retirement for those old enough to do it and firing those too young for that option. Hiring young people to get low salaries so they can cover the contracts on the cheap.

Once a good company, one – more... of the best. They apparently didn't change with the times though. Too bad. – less
A day at Philips
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: being a part of the growth of the company
Cons: wanting a more competitive salary
Meet wtih my team first thing in the morning to let them know about daily goals. I may have some supervisor meetings to attend as well. Check with my Group Leader to make sure all product lines have what they need. Discuss any parts issues, notify appropriate parties (eng.,supplier quality...etc.). I have learned to multitask and be diverse in my work – more... area, I have learned that as far as management it is important to communicate to let them know what is going on. The hardest part of my job is when ours vendors are not able to keep us supplied and we fall into backorder and have to play catch up and work overtime. The people are the most enjoyable part, I am a people person. – less
Production Assembly for emergency ballasts
Assistant Supervisor - Wire & Final Assembly (Current Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefit the company provides
Cons: lacking communication skills among management
Starting off the day by getting the employees going by setting there goal for production for the entire shift, assist to any needs of the employees, drive productivity done the lines, monitor to make sure they are doing what they are asked to be done, motivate the employees so the company can deliver great results to their customers while is the overall – more... goal. I've learned that having happy employees results in great deliverables. Hardest part of job is keeping some employees motivated not to give up on themselves. Most enjoyable part of the day is leaving from work knowing that I gave my all in doing what was asked of me and seeing that smile on my boss face when she tells me that she appreciate the hard worker I am. – less
Not a bad gig if you dont mind driving alot.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee), New york stateJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexiable
Cons: alot of travel
Not a bad job if you dont mind traveling alot and working some overtime.
Well respected
Marketing (Current Employee), NortheastJuly 20, 2014
Tons of opportunities, but only if you're willing to work for them. The typical day at work can be very hectic due to the nature of the business. Managers don't have time to micro manage, but will help if necessary.
Comfortable working environment
Order Management Representative (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent healthcare package
Cons: poor management in my department
Fast paced, requires energetic personality, organization, co-workers were great to interact with, enjoyed solving problems as this job required problem-solving abilities everyday almost all day.
Professional and fun culture
Quality Monitoring Operations (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home, training capabilities, advancement opprotunities
Management helps develop and achieve your personal and business goals

Co-workers team up to excel

Training opportunities for individual growth
Good place to work in
Quote & Tender Specialist (Current Employee), North RydeJuly 14, 2014
Philips culture promotes self improvement and advancement. Do the job that suits your ability and passion.
Great company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Great company to work for. The product is fantastic, technical support group and colleagues are always eager to help. Lots of learning opportunities on day to day basis.
Great place to work.
HR Administrator (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: wonderful atmosphere and co-workers.
Cons: had to adapt to new systems and processes constantly.
I was hired by Lifeline in 2006, and shortly thereafter, Philips acquired Lifeline. When Philips took over, slowly our personal touch with our employees disappeared. I worked in Human Resources with wonderful people, but the changes in policies and processes changed almost daily.

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more