Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive Place to work
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Andover, MaDecember 1, 2014
Performed testing on Defibrillators, . Performed MS Office regression testing, Software testing, system testing, system analysis, test planning, test script, Tested through and meticulous approach use cases, User acceptance testing, Ad Hoc testing.
Good place to work.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 25, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great management and coworkers. Exellent benefits and bonuses.
Good Company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Foster City, CANovember 19, 2014
Good for healthcare domain.
Management is good
Co-works are good.
Poor on job security
Flexible work schedule
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJNovember 12, 2014
A typical day for me was a little different than my core team because I would come in early in efforts to get out in time to pick my child up from daycare. The team was hard working and often spent time working after 5-5:30 pm, however they were understanding that I had other engagements. As long as you had your computer to access work outside of the – more... office there was no question about my work getting completed.The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and friendships that I still hold today. The hardest part was knowing that I was worth more than what I was being compensated especially with a post-graduate degree. With the being said, management was aware of my goals and willing to provide additional work to show that I was capable. I unfortunately had to leave due to my family relocating outside of the area. – less
Flexible work schedule
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJNovember 12, 2014
Philips has good policies and relation with all the employees, Philips is a company worried about the well being of his workers.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Lagoa SantaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great lunch at company, good location to work.
Cons: many bureaucracy.
A good company to work with space for rest and empoyees interaction during the lunch time, good policies and relation with all the employees, Philips is a company worried about the well being of his workers.
The high level management seems great.
There is no Job Work/Life Balance
Installation Project Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaNovember 7, 2014
My work team is great, the company has great benefits such as tuition reimbursement, fleet vehicle, health benefits, and hard working people.

On the other hand:

* A typical work day is 10 hours or more a day.
* The company lacks lean business processes.

What I learned:

I learned how to manage multiple projects at the same time, keep track of their – more... progress and problems, manage multiple resources to ensure a successful completion of the projects.

The hardest part of the job is to deal with situations which are out of my control, such as FDA or customs product holds, factory delays, or other events that will cause the projects to be cancelled or delayed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to successfully complete a project and working together with my team to complete each project on time. – less
Productive java web application developer in health care domain
Java Consultant (Former Employee), chennaiNovember 6, 2014
Productive java web application developer in health care domain
productive
hardware board design engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: freework culture
Very old technology and reluctant for change.
hardest part is working around with the people are grouped in the zone.
Day @ Philips
Customer Service/Zone Admin (Former Employee), Briarcliff Manor, NYNovember 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with all my co-workers
Great team, we were all team players
My direct manager was wonderful to work with, was always there for you.
Great people to work with
Product manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice compus
Cons: too much layoff
Very nice people, management can be good, can be bad. Management changed a lot in last few years. Make the work place a lot less fun.
Exciting, fun to work for, very challanging
Customer Service Supervisior (Former Employee), Jefferson City TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, always a new challange, every customer different situation
Cons: log hours
Learned how to say no to customers but still make them happy, our motto was "yes we have no bananas" We were number one in customer service, would still be working for company had they not outsourced their customer service.
A good company
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee), Bath, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: jobs moving out of country
I enjoyed the work I did at Philips Lighting. There were too many management with too little to do and earning too much money for results produced. Investing good amounts of money to good producing people will produce upward trending results.
consultative and participative management style
Area Manager, ASEAN Pacific and Japan (Former Employee), Toa PayohOctober 25, 2014
a company that is transforming to a performance culture organization
Great name in your resume but very politically charged
Consultant (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 22, 2014
I never worked for Philips as an employee but twice as a contractor, and from my experience the company is not supportive of the contractors. They are there to be blamed for anything that has gone wrong before you are brought in!
great company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Roselle, ILOctober 21, 2014
Philips is an excellent company to work for. They have amazing growth opportunities and benefits
Issues with manufacturing and employee burn out.
Project Manager (Current Employee), SoutheastOctober 20, 2014
Co-workers are great. Manufacturing issues is the main issue. Rush to get products on the market before they are ready. More R&D needed.
Monthly active with co-worker
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: hang out
Cons: fast pace work place
A off the clock relationship was well created to balance a hectic work place. Manager was true to their open door policy.
Very employee focused
Senior Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Employee focused, great benefits.

Slow to make decisions, cautious.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), NetherlandOctober 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: being remote
Current postion-On Board Clinical Specialist. Order Supplies. Efficency Reports to Management. Maintain training roster for classes. Assist team as needed with laptop, website issues.

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more