Philips Employee Reviews

A great company to work for! I enjoy complete autonomy.
Home Service Representative/Technician (Current Employee) –  Massey, ON to St. Joseph's Island, ON3 June 2014
My position at Philips Lifeline is as a Home Service Representative/Technician. As such, I am considered a contractual employee. My supervisor is the Production Manager.
I report to HSR support with date and time of appointment I had scheduled with the subscriber. A work order is emailed to me, and I contact the subscriber and book a mutually convenient appointment to either install or service Lifeline's equipment.
There was not a typical day at work. Every day was different.
My co-workers are the response centre team; people I usually only got to know over the phone, but we have a great working relationship!
I really enjoy working with people and the majority of my clients are seniors, who I find delightful, and given my time spent in the Veterinary field, if the subscriber has any pets, I consider that a bonus! The hardest part is trying to convince these people that Lifeline is there to help them and it is not because they are "old" or can no longer be independent. I call it Auto Club for your home.
Pros
Being able to arrange my own schedule
Cons
Sometimes not being busy enough, therefore inadequate income, as I am paid per job.
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 May 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Pros
Gained customer service skills
great company to work for
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2014
people orientated company , very good management , good benifits
Pros
good training
Cons
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee) –  Taiwan8 January 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
One of the nice workplace due to nice people
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  M077 January 2014
My daily routine is to check and analyze all data for reliability test (New qualification / configuration) after stress and doing electrical testing. To make sure that all the limits is within the spec. before to proceeding into next time point of stress. And reporting to device owner / engineer about the lot intervals. I've learned on how to do failure analysis, data analysis, and on my 1st to 6th months of worked I've learned on how to troubleshoot, do corrective action, PM (preventive Maintenance) in Rel lab machines. The hardest part of my job is when the machine need to do maintenance. Cause you need to pull out a 100 plus kilos of tray inside the chamber with help of other MT's of course. Another hardest part is when all reliability lot will come all together in a single day. Regarding to my co-worker I have no problem about them and they don't have problem about me either cause were happy and enjoyed to jobs. And if we have any misunderstanding related to work we speak it out to resolve the issue. About the management they also approachable and paired to all employee. Of-course the most enjoyable part is when our department having team building, that's the time we do sharing and team up,
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2013
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Pros
With a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons
lots of over time.
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2013
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief from worry for the family.
Pros
Free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons
Colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taiwan6 August 2013
1. the hardest part of the job : create new service biz

2. the most enjoyable part of the job : Customers give a satisfactory evaluation
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative  (Current Employee) –  St. Laurent, QC17 June 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years!

Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 May 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
A company that makes it difficult to advance.
Customer Service Agent for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 February 2013
Philips Montreal was not an ideal place to work.
I was there while the company was in the process of shutting down its last Canadian plant.
Therefore, the uncertainty made for a toxic environment.
This pressure was not made any better by the red herrings that were often planted by senior management officals.
It is very difficult to be a productiver person when once does not know where the product is being made or serviced.
Pros
the work was always steady.
Cons
the company shut down of the plant created a negative culture.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Pros
provided training
Cons
salary too low
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee) –  Canada21 April 2012
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
Pros
friendly staff and striving for success
a right place to get start career
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Zhuhai, P.R.China28 March 2012
one of the two IPC (international production center) for the Beauty business unit at Philips, one of the largest electronic manufacturer in the world. a very good place to learn and to know all kinds of real professionals.
Pros
a knowledgable, open, freindly and warm workplace
Het leukste van de baan
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Team leader14 October 2016
Goed samenwerken en leuke collega's met toffe sfeer.
Dat gaf een leuke gevoel om te werken.
Official response from Philips
30 December 2016

Bedankt voor je beoordeling van je voormalige plek bij Philips. Erg fijn om te lezen dat je het goed naar je zin hebt gehad, en dat je goed kon samenwerken met leuke collega’s. We hopen dat je een leuke nieuwe uitdaging hebt gevonden, en wensen je hier veel succes bij!