Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Monthly active with co-worker
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: hang out
Cons: fast pace work place
A off the clock relationship was well created to balance a hectic work place. Manager was true to their open door policy.
Very employee focused
Senior Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Employee focused, great benefits.

Slow to make decisions, cautious.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), NetherlandOctober 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: being remote
Current postion-On Board Clinical Specialist. Order Supplies. Efficency Reports to Management. Maintain training roster for classes. Assist team as needed with laptop, website issues.
Great Place to work
Project Analyst III (Current Employee), Andover, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: mulitple cafeterias on site, community involvement
Cons: hard to advance
Great Company to work for - benefits are wonderful as well work/life balance. Gives back to the community which is very important to me as well.
Great company fast culture
Sr. Manager Global Strategic Planning (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: best in class pay and top class benefit package
Cons: highly matrix organization
Healthcare leader with a fast paced culture. Not a place for the weak minded individuals. Tons of things to learn and lot of opportunities to grow. Very global in operations and culture.
A company that cares about its employees and about making a difference in people's lives.
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 14, 2014
A fast pace company that creates innovation that helps people have healthy lives.
Good Place to Work
Product Test Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good local managers
Cons: external managers out of touch
Good benefits and structure. Was a joy to work at until they closed the facility down
Sonicare: Lots of potential, but Sr. Mgt and people don't get it..
Product Manager (Former Employee), Bothell, WAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to work on global programs and learn several lines of business
Cons: horrendous employee morale, culture reinforces bad / negative behaviors, lack of accountability and ownership by most employees, lack of aligned strategic vision by sr mgt, lack of leading by example by sr. leadership team
On an individual basis, work related to the job can be very rewarding. The big issue is that the overall business is very disjointed when it comes to thinking and acting strategically. Their is very little alignment between groups and unless you drive things yourself, you cannot expect your counterparts to come through. Many only know what they know – more... and want to "stay in their lane." The ability to think holistically and strategically is not possessed by many there. In fact, it feels more like a factory than an innovation hub or center of excellence, and many like it that way.

In the end, it's a great opportunity to work within a global framework - whether with internal stakeholders or suppliers, and you have the opportunity to really learn a lot about how to run a business. In some sense, with the organization being such a small unit, you almost get to operate as a "mini GM" and make important decisions that have a big impact to the product and/or program.

A disappointing part of the job entails obtaining buy-in from all of the stakeholders within the organization. Many have their own agenda and often times it feels like herding cats to get things done. Unless you're truly assertive things will not get done, and you should expect to be disappointed even when you feel/think there's alignment on a game plan. The truly hard part of the job is Sr. Mgt's role in the dysfunctionality that presently exists - many establish standards and expectations that they themselves don't adhere to. Furthermore, a vast majority of the leadership team lack the true strategic vision and ability to genuinely rally the troops. This may be in part to them not leading by example.

In general, over the past several years the retention rate of employees has been horrendous and I attribute this to the bad employee morale coupled with Sr. Mgt's tactics of employing European values on an American workforce. – less
Continual changes, re-organizations, mergers and acquistions
Director of Finance Program Management (Current Employee), Amsterdam NLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: plenty of variety
Cons: long working hours
Never bored, continual changing priorites, co-workers are all very enjoyable, matrix organization with many departments and stakeholders
Field Service Engineer
Ultrasound Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: company car, cell phone, laptop, going to different locations
Cons: short breaks, weekend and late night work
Ordering parts
Calling customers
scheduling QAA's and work orders
Good company
Sales Support / Revere supply chain Manager (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: depends on manager
Cons: not consistent
Good benefits - When working for the right department and manger the company is great. Most managers lack experience and are promoted to quickly. This makes it tough to perform in this environment
Not a place for advancement
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHSeptember 25, 2014
standard 9-5 job with great benefits but little advancement. Management changes monthly.
beautiful campus
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Andover, MASeptember 24, 2014
Because I am working with people and computer, so everyday is filled with work and fun.

I have improved a lot in professional world and personal live.

co-workers are nice and caring.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Services (Current Employee), Framingham,MassachusettsSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great people and job culture
Cons: unfortunately there are clicks
Learned a lot on how to be organized.
Great management and always opportunity to grow.
Unfortunately they do seem to lay off people with tenure which makes it hard to want to stay , that being said though there are a lot of people who have been with Philips Lifeline 15 plus years.They do have lots of over time opportunities.Over all a great company.
Marketing Communications & PR Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I love Philips. My job was a dream job. Philips acquired the company shortly after I started my role.
Great culture with extensive career development options
Operations Intern (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 15, 2014
Philips University career development courses are a great source for employees looking to get certified in different areas.
Very good place to work
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), bothell waSeptember 12, 2014
Very good place to work. learn different - different types of inbuilt tools. Very helpful co-workers.
okay place to work
Machinist (Current Employee), Salina, KSSeptember 11, 2014
Would be an alright place to work if you were sure the plant would stay open long enough to get a decent retirement fund started.
very satisfied work area
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Flat Rock, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on birthdays
Cons: good work training
Had a great time with Philips Service Corporation, very reasonable,easy going and provide good work training.
Harassment on Steroids
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Highland HeightsSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: paid on time
Cons: harassment is a way of life.
Due to management indecision and vacations I started three weeks later than originally plan. Being misled about the start date resulted in my suspending my job search. My bad.

Once I arrived in late July promises of training turned out to be nonsense. In addition to no training there is not objective standard for measuring performance, process for – more... setting deadlines or method of estimating how long a job should take.

Every job is to be done yesterday and ASAP. Every day someone showed up four or five times, after refusing to set a deadline or estimate the size of the job, to ask "are you done yet." I felt like I was driving a three year old to an amusement park "Are we there yet. Are we there yet. Are we there yet."

The best part, to stick with their theme of unprofessionalism and immaturity, was being sent to human resources where we were lecture on how to proceed if someone ran around the offices shooting us. After the active shooter training I went back my cube sat down to face my computer monitor with my back to the aisle behind me.

As I sat with my back to the aisle a laser light, looked like an aiming device for a gun, played across the bulletin board behind the monitor and across myself and a co-worker. After the training on shooters seeing the laser momentarily had me convinced I was going to be shot. The in house co-worker who played the prank thought it was hilarious. The same co-worker, I was a temporary technical writer, hinted around that I should buy her a birthday present. My in house leader confirmed that the birthday present hints were not a joke.

If you like rude and crude, there swearing and discussion of watching x rated movies on the job, this is the place to work. – less

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more