Philips Employee Reviews

Fun place, where you can be your self
Receptionist, conference planner (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE14 January 2016
I have been at the reception desk, my duties was to take care of the mails, welcome the client, schedule them appointments ( or direct them to the right place at the company )

Later I had opportunity, to gain experience as a conference planner. My duties was to set up the rooms for the conferences, make the catering order, design the room for the conference.
Learning is an everyday experience! Open your mind!
Lead Hand Facilitator / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 November 2015
I always try new things! I look forward to new products that come out and get involve as much as I can.
Knowledge is power and the more you know the more doors will open to bigger and better things!
You meet different people and share your thoughts and experiences!
Pros
New Products that come out!
Cons
Company has closed!
Great Advancement
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2015
Pros

Smart, hardworking people, good managers, training is available, benefits are very good, work is interesting, culture is pretty good

Cons

The reorgs were tough on morale and left some of the remaining employees with pretty heavy workloads. Prob best for the business long term though Salaries are not great

Advice to Management

Upper management was very good and quite open to listening to new ideas
Excellent company to work for
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 September 2015
Wonderful co-workers and fast paced environment. The learning is continuous and everyday provides a new challenge. There are plenty of opportunities to grow as an individual, team member and enhance your skills.
Productive and a fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
I loved going to work every morning because my typical day at work would incorporate everything I was passionate about. This included interacting with my co-workers, helping customers efficiently, taking on projects and/or tasks as assigned and committing to completing them well in advance of the deadline, analyzing issues and finding the root cause, identifying gaps between departments or within the department and aiming to close them. I loved every part of my job.
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Electrician Assistant (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON7 September 2014
A typical day at work would include performing electrical duties for customers at their residence.
I've learned how to wire receptacles, light fixtures, and switches to panel boxes in residential and industrial buildings. I've dug trenches, ran triplex cable from transformers to panel boxes, and I've learned how to use many different types of tools.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team members. I enjoyed going to work everyday, not only because of my interest in the electrical field, but mostly because of working with Scott and Allan. It was always a fun, productive working environment.
Pros
Learned lots and always had fun!
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2013
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief from worry for the family.
Pros
Free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons
Colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative  (Current Employee) –  St. Laurent, QC17 June 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years!

work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee) –  Taiwan8 January 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Pros
Gained customer service skills
Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 May 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee) –  Canada21 April 2012
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
Pros
friendly staff and striving for success
Productive and safe workplace
Quality/Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 February 2015
Philips is an excellent place to work. No two days were the same and there was always something new that I was learning. Management was very supportive of development goals.
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Pros
provided training
Cons
salary too low
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2013
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Pros
With a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons
lots of over time.
Fun and productive work place!
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
I love working for Philips Life. Such friendly and helpful staff. It's reassuring to be able to help save lives on a daily basis.
Nope
Bilingual Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2014
The benefits were good but there was little room for advancement and the management didn't care as much for us.
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taiwan6 August 2013
1. the hardest part of the job : create new service biz

2. the most enjoyable part of the job : Customers give a satisfactory evaluation