Philips Employee Reviews

Very Stressfull
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 June 2017
This job is very stressful and pays really poorly considering the responsibility of the job. The hours are terrible and the work environment is always tense.
22 June 2017

Thank you for sharing this feedback as well. It does sound like your experience unfortunately has been less than stellar. I wish you the best in all your endeavors from here on out.

Fantastic work environment
Bilingual Parts Order &Tech. Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON25 January 2017
Fantastic work environment, very professional, continuity of training sessions, Friendly management, there is a big chance for the career growth with Philips healthcare.
Cons
very professional
4 May 2017

Hello, we're glad to hear that you enjoy working on healthcare with us and thanks so much for the 5-star recommendation!

customer response associate
Customer Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Very stressful environment. Training extremely intense...too much required for such a low payment. Too much expected. Would not recommend this job at all. Very little opportunity for advancement.
Trainer and direct management very harsh.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Stressful. Training expectations very high. Extremely low pay for all the learning required.
2 March 2017

We regret hearing about this from a former colleague of ours. Although we do appreciate you sharing your concerns with us through this channel. It's a pity that you didn't like this job but we wish you all the best in your future career.

Het leukste van de baan
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Team leader14 October 2016
Goed samenwerken en leuke collega's met toffe sfeer.
Dat gaf een leuke gevoel om te werken.
30 December 2016

Bedankt voor je beoordeling van je voormalige plek bij Philips. Erg fijn om te lezen dat je het goed naar je zin hebt gehad, en dat je goed kon samenwerken met leuke collega’s. We hopen dat je een leuke nieuwe uitdaging hebt gevonden, en wensen je hier veel succes bij!

the only sales representative and responsible for Canada's territory
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada19 April 2016
working independently and reporting directly to the director of sales, I was responsible for the promotion and sales of their Hearing Aids product line, to audiologists in hospitals, clinics, and direct sales to dealers across Canada.
the hardest part of the job was covering the vast territory. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and dealing with my customers, the competitive but fun environment, and representing the company with various trade shows.
Fun place, where you can be your self
Receptionist, conference planner (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE14 January 2016
I have been at the reception desk, my duties was to take care of the mails, welcome the client, schedule them appointments ( or direct them to the right place at the company )

Later I had opportunity, to gain experience as a conference planner. My duties was to set up the rooms for the conferences, make the catering order, design the room for the conference.
Learning is an everyday experience! Open your mind!
Lead Hand Facilitator / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 November 2015
I always try new things! I look forward to new products that come out and get involve as much as I can.
Knowledge is power and the more you know the more doors will open to bigger and better things!
You meet different people and share your thoughts and experiences!
Pros
New Products that come out!
Cons
Company has closed!
Excellent company to work for
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 September 2015
Wonderful co-workers and fast paced environment. The learning is continuous and everyday provides a new challenge. There are plenty of opportunities to grow as an individual, team member and enhance your skills.
Personal Response Associate - Toronto,ON. Canada
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York Office, Ontario30 August 2015
Personal Response Associate for Philips 'Lifeline'.

Philips overall might be a great company, but their 'Lifeline' division is lacking in so many ways.

Overview of Position:

Responding to "emergency" alarms, although 95% of them are false alarms. Will spend the majority of the time talking about low batteries, trouble shooting technical issues with devices or marking down false incoming alarms. The software applications are outdated, complicated, and tedious to use. Would expect something better from such an 'innovative' company. Loud environment, you sit side by side with other operators. No individual seating, desks, or privacy.
The North York office only have about 12 desks, clustered into one tiny corner of the office. Personal Response Associates a.k.a. "PRAs" are at the bottom of the food chain at Philips Lifeline. Customer Care (CSRs) is considered a promotion which you will not even be qualified for until you complete their 3 levels of certifications, which you can only take every 6 months.

Management:

Unprofessional management team(Toronto/North York Office). The manager and supervisors will not treat you as an individual. They will make little to no effort to accommodate you, they will say one thing to your face and do the complete opposite. They say they encourage and value staff suggestions, this is also not true. They may even penalize you for giving your opinion on a matter they did not want to hear.

Pay:

Below standard. Smaller companies pay more for the same line of work. Allotted vacation time is also below call-centre standards.
  more... Benefits provided on first day of employment, however it is a very standard and basic care package.

Advancement:

Management will tell you that, based on their own experience, they were able to advance within a matter of months (beginning as a PRA). This is simply not possible, since you are only able to advance after completing 3 certifications, and each certification is taken 6 months apart. They tell you everything you want to hear, but it is simply not true on paper.

Overall, the location, management style and pay for this position is subpar.
Pros
Benefits on first day of work
Cons
Management, low pay, few incentives, monotonous tasks.
Great Advancement
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2015
Pros

Smart, hardworking people, good managers, training is available, benefits are very good, work is interesting, culture is pretty good

Cons

The reorgs were tough on morale and left some of the remaining employees with pretty heavy workloads. Prob best for the business long term though Salaries are not great

Advice to Management

Upper management was very good and quite open to listening to new ideas
Overall a good company for work
Deputy Manager R&D (Current Employee) –  New Delhi5 June 2015
I was with Philips for past eight years. This is very good company to work with. Also the brand name is very impressive.
The work day were very interesting.
I have learned all about technicalities in electronics engineering here.
Management is very co-operative.
Productive and safe workplace
Quality/Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 February 2015
Philips is an excellent place to work. No two days were the same and there was always something new that I was learning. Management was very supportive of development goals.
Fun and productive work place!
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
I love working for Philips Life. Such friendly and helpful staff. It's reassuring to be able to help save lives on a daily basis.
Nope
Bilingual Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2014
The benefits were good but there was little room for advancement and the management didn't care as much for us.
Productive and a fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
I loved going to work every morning because my typical day at work would incorporate everything I was passionate about. This included interacting with my co-workers, helping customers efficiently, taking on projects and/or tasks as assigned and committing to completing them well in advance of the deadline, analyzing issues and finding the root cause, identifying gaps between departments or within the department and aiming to close them. I loved every part of my job.
Fast-paced and driven environment with friendly colleagues
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 September 2014
- Very lean organization
- Multiple task everyday
- Engaging and friendly environment, colleagues often go out for dinner or lunch
- Great people to work with, they are very open-minded and resourceful when you need help
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Electrician Assistant (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON7 September 2014
A typical day at work would include performing electrical duties for customers at their residence.
I've learned how to wire receptacles, light fixtures, and switches to panel boxes in residential and industrial buildings. I've dug trenches, ran triplex cable from transformers to panel boxes, and I've learned how to use many different types of tools.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team members. I enjoyed going to work everyday, not only because of my interest in the electrical field, but mostly because of working with Scott and Allan. It was always a fun, productive working environment.
Pros
Learned lots and always had fun!
A great company to work for! I enjoy complete autonomy.
Home Service Representative/Technician (Current Employee) –  Massey, ON to St. Joseph's Island, ON3 June 2014
My position at Philips Lifeline is as a Home Service Representative/Technician. As such, I am considered a contractual employee. My supervisor is the Production Manager.
I report to HSR support with date and time of appointment I had scheduled with the subscriber. A work order is emailed to me, and I contact the subscriber and book a mutually convenient appointment to either install or service Lifeline's equipment.
There was not a typical day at work. Every day was different.
My co-workers are the response centre team; people I usually only got to know over the phone, but we have a great working relationship!
I really enjoy working with people and the majority of my clients are seniors, who I find delightful, and given my time spent in the Veterinary field, if the subscriber has any pets, I consider that a bonus! The hardest part is trying to convince these people that Lifeline is there to help them and it is not because they are "old" or can no longer be independent. I call it Auto Club for your home.
Pros
Being able to arrange my own schedule
Cons
Sometimes not being busy enough, therefore inadequate income, as I am paid per job.
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 May 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Pros
Gained customer service skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval