Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 30, 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: gained customer service skills
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: with a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons: lots of over time.
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons: colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief – more... from worry for the family. – less
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Laurent, QCJune 17, 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was – more... a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years! – less
Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee), OntarioMay 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: provided training
Cons: salary too low
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee), CanadaApril 21, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and striving for success
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
Philips Medical Systems
Quality Assurance & Regulatory Engineer (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHAugust 24, 2014
The current environment and Philips is fast paced and constantly changing. The high tension environment is a result of a business decision to halt production after a recent audit. Environment previous to the audit was constantly in "crisis" mode resulting and many "band aid" resolutions that offer immediate resolution to any issue at hand but did not – more... solve the issue in the long term.
The typical day is not easy to plan. Employees are frequently unable to direct their attentions to the tasks they desire to focus on due to any number of demands placed on their attention for other areas. This often leads to the feeling of "fire fighting." Organization, schedule blocking, and planning help but are difficult to adhere to as the business culture does not lend itself to these activities.
Cultural change was a demand placed on all employees with an intent to be driven from the top down. Initial results regarding this change were promising, as of late, the culture seems to be reverting back to the "old way" and creating a counter productive atmosphere. – less
close to home, decent benefits, friendly atmosphere
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), pittsburghAugust 23, 2014
Pros: close to home, decent benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough employees for the work load
Creating reliability targets, selecting and planning reliability strategies.
Using the proper reliability tools to assure that project expectations are meet
Overall a great place to work
System Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHAugust 17, 2014
As with every company there are management issues, but generally the people are great and the atmosphere makes it a nice place to work
work environment
Internship (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 16, 2014
It is a friendly working environment and I really enjoy the people I work with.
Going downhill
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Andover, MAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: company to hire more younger, lower salaried people to carry the company next 100 years.
Cons: benefits reduced or constantly changing in the name of cost savings. bad earnings for 2014.
Upper management ruled by fear from Eindhoven.
After achieving project milestones compensation is poor for most workers. Whilst management and R&D get monetary bonuses worker bees get cake, tee shirt and message of thanks.
Corporate management cares more about EBITDA for shareholders over its employees.
Hard to focus on tasks at hand because of production – more... floor problems.
Employees work hard to get product shipped. – less
Excellent international telecommunications company
Expediter/Order Management/Customer Liaison (Former Employee), North Branch NJ/ The NetherlandsAugust 4, 2014
Pros: growth in every aspect of business and self
Cons: demise of lucent
Excellent company to work for and enjoyed my 20+ years at this company which partnered with ATT/Lucent. My responsibilities were at first to expedite all orders being shipped from The Netherlands to ATT customers. In this position the growth was beyond my expectations and provided me with many different responsibilities and growth throughout the years. – more... Enjoyed the interfacing with customers, colleagues and management. – less
Company in panic mode, in trouble
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 30, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: too many to list
A company with several product lines shutdown and everybody in a panic mode easily willing to backstab in an effort to try and stick around. Pushing early retirement for those old enough to do it and firing those too young for that option. Hiring young people to get low salaries so they can cover the contracts on the cheap.

Once a good company, one – more... of the best. They apparently didn't change with the times though. Too bad. – less
A day at Philips
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: being a part of the growth of the company
Cons: wanting a more competitive salary
Meet wtih my team first thing in the morning to let them know about daily goals. I may have some supervisor meetings to attend as well. Check with my Group Leader to make sure all product lines have what they need. Discuss any parts issues, notify appropriate parties (eng.,supplier quality...etc.). I have learned to multitask and be diverse in my work – more... area, I have learned that as far as management it is important to communicate to let them know what is going on. The hardest part of my job is when ours vendors are not able to keep us supplied and we fall into backorder and have to play catch up and work overtime. The people are the most enjoyable part, I am a people person. – less
Production Assembly for emergency ballasts
Assistant Supervisor - Wire & Final Assembly (Current Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefit the company provides
Cons: lacking communication skills among management
Starting off the day by getting the employees going by setting there goal for production for the entire shift, assist to any needs of the employees, drive productivity done the lines, monitor to make sure they are doing what they are asked to be done, motivate the employees so the company can deliver great results to their customers while is the overall – more... goal. I've learned that having happy employees results in great deliverables. Hardest part of job is keeping some employees motivated not to give up on themselves. Most enjoyable part of the day is leaving from work knowing that I gave my all in doing what was asked of me and seeing that smile on my boss face when she tells me that she appreciate the hard worker I am. – less
Not a bad gig if you dont mind driving alot.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee), New york stateJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexiable
Cons: alot of travel
Not a bad job if you dont mind traveling alot and working some overtime.

1 2 3 4 5

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more