Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 30, 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: gained customer service skills
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee), TaiwanJanuary 8, 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
Management was no support here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GANovember 19, 2013
Cons: management
Management was a huge problem with Respironics. There was a hostile employee that was not dealt with appropriately, and for that reason, I felt I had no option but to resign without notice after being talked out of resigning numerous times.
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: with a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons: lots of over time.
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons: colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief – more... from worry for the family. – less
machine operator /outing in some places in Taiwan
Overseas Filipino Worker - Taiwan (Former Employee), Taipei,TaiwanAugust 17, 2013
Pros: free house, free lunch & dinner
Cons: 8 hours
is a night shift job, i learned a lot like to operate the computer.assemble the computer and many more,my co-workers are 90% Taiwanese.i reaaly enjoyed my work in Taiwan because i love my work.
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), TaiwanAugust 6, 2013
1. the hardest part of the job : create new service biz

2. the most enjoyable part of the job : Customers give a satisfactory evaluation
Satisfactory
Production Operator (Former Employee), Cabuyao, LagunaAugust 4, 2013
Pros: lots of benefits
Cons: when they turn-over the company to nxp
It's more people-oriented. They think of the welfare of its employees. More career growth.
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Laurent, QCJune 17, 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was – more... a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years! – less
Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee), OntarioMay 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: provided training
Cons: salary too low
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Great business with great team and great products
Sourcing Leader / Lead Buyer (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaJuly 3, 2012
- nice working environment and high efficient management system
- fast business growth with mature system to protect the business growth
- great team with high education and rich experience in related fields
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee), CanadaApril 21, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and striving for success
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
A big organization in a highly regulated industry
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2014
Philips Healthcare the most profitable section in Philips business portfolio. The Imaging System department is the core to its healthcare business.

Operations in healthcare is fast paced with multiply layers of complexities. It requires cross-function collaboration.
Rotating management decisions creates havoc among team members
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 2, 2014
The benefits and compensation are great, your job security and advancement opportunities are not.
low stress low performance
East Zone MR Lead Business Manager (Current Employee), Downingtown, paJune 30, 2014
Pros: low key good work life balance low stress
Cons: stuck in 3rd market share and leadership has no idea how to fix this.
I question the leadership and direction of the company. The do not clean house of weak contributors which brings down the whole organization.
Great company
Contracts Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJune 28, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Unfortunately, you need to be in Andover or Seattle for many of the opportunities for advancement. But if you are willing to do move, it's definitely a great company to stay at for years and years.

1 2 3 4 5

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more