Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2014
I loved going to work every morning because my typical day at work would incorporate everything I was passionate about. This included interacting with my co-workers, helping customers efficiently, taking on projects and/or tasks as assigned and committing to completing them well in advance of the deadline, analyzing issues and finding the root cause, – more... identifying gaps between departments or within the department and aiming to close them. I loved every part of my job. – less
A great company to work for! I enjoy complete autonomy.
Home Service Representative/Technician (Current Employee), Massey, ON to St. Joseph's Island, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: being able to arrange my own schedule
Cons: sometimes not being busy enough, therefore inadequate income, as i am paid per job.
My position at Philips Lifeline is as a Home Service Representative/Technician. As such, I am considered a contractual employee. My supervisor is the Production Manager.
I report to HSR support with date and time of appointment I had scheduled with the subscriber. A work order is emailed to me, and I contact the subscriber and book a mutually convenient – more... appointment to either install or service Lifeline's equipment.
There was not a typical day at work. Every day was different.
My co-workers are the response centre team; people I usually only got to know over the phone, but we have a great working relationship!
I really enjoy working with people and the majority of my clients are seniors, who I find delightful, and given my time spent in the Veterinary field, if the subscriber has any pets, I consider that a bonus! The hardest part is trying to convince these people that Lifeline is there to help them and it is not because they are "old" or can no longer be independent. I call it Auto Club for your home. – less
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 30, 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: gained customer service skills
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee), TaiwanJanuary 8, 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: with a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons: lots of over time.
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons: colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief – more... from worry for the family. – less
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), TaiwanAugust 6, 2013
1. the hardest part of the job : create new service biz

2. the most enjoyable part of the job : Customers give a satisfactory evaluation
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Laurent, QCJune 17, 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was – more... a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years! – less
Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee), OntarioMay 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: provided training
Cons: salary too low
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee), CanadaApril 21, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and striving for success
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
Quality place to work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Andover, MADecember 22, 2014
Philips has a general concern for their consumers as well as their own employees. It is a refreshing change of pace from the normal attitude most large companies have. I have recommended many family and friends here and would continue to do so in the future. There are also opportunities for growth and development.
Great Career Overall I am satisfied with my career at Philips
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), United StatesDecember 20, 2014
Pros: the work is very interesting and satisfying
Cons: they are in a constant state of change.
The work is very interesting and satisfying. The people are great to work with.

Management has deteriorated recently, especially middle management. The focus is on reporting numbers without regard for the cost.

The work environment for Field Service Engineers is not good. Morale is very low.
Positive environment and great co-workers
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Jonesville, NCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great atmoshere
Cons: aren't any
Load boxes onto a 53 foot trailer for eight hours, and stack boxes into a pallet until full. I learned proper loading techniques. Management is extremely nice and the co-workers there are great.
Worst Job Ever!!
plant production (Former Employee), San Marcos, TexasDecember 18, 2014
Pros: got paid on time
Cons: low wages, constant harrassment from managment. production floor hot in the summer and cold in winter.
Management micro manages production and maintenance employees. They constantly criticize and be little employees. They call you in for a meeting and threaten to fire you often.

There is no work/ life balance. If you call in sick, expect to be harassed the next day.

Management is often switched to areas where they have no knowledge. You spend most – more... of your day teaching them their job.

They do not communicate with the many layers of management, thereby wasting a lot of time. Supervisors look out for themselves and do not back their employees. – less
Good Work Life Balance - Constant Change
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Bothell, WADecember 10, 2014
Job is rewarding, especially with the knowledge that the products you create/sell are really saving lives.

There is regular re-org and change, with most management in Europe it makes re-org more difficult.
nice place to work
K-Force-temp (Current Employee), Somerset, NJDecember 2, 2014
lots of work to do nice people
love the job
close to home
the people are very friendly

1 2 3 4 5

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more