Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company to work for! I enjoy complete autonomy.
Home Service Representative/Technician (Current Employee), Massey, ON to St. Joseph's Island, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: being able to arrange my own schedule
Cons: sometimes not being busy enough, therefore inadequate income, as i am paid per job.
My position at Philips Lifeline is as a Home Service Representative/Technician. As such, I am considered a contractual employee. My supervisor is the Production Manager.
I report to HSR support with date and time of appointment I had scheduled with the subscriber. A work order is emailed to me, and I contact the subscriber and book a mutually convenient – more... appointment to either install or service Lifeline's equipment.
There was not a typical day at work. Every day was different.
My co-workers are the response centre team; people I usually only got to know over the phone, but we have a great working relationship!
I really enjoy working with people and the majority of my clients are seniors, who I find delightful, and given my time spent in the Veterinary field, if the subscriber has any pets, I consider that a bonus! The hardest part is trying to convince these people that Lifeline is there to help them and it is not because they are "old" or can no longer be independent. I call it Auto Club for your home. – less
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 30, 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: gained customer service skills
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee), TaiwanJanuary 8, 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: with a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons: lots of over time.
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons: colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief – more... from worry for the family. – less
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), TaiwanAugust 6, 2013
1. the hardest part of the job : create new service biz

2. the most enjoyable part of the job : Customers give a satisfactory evaluation
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Laurent, QCJune 17, 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was – more... a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years! – less
Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee), OntarioMay 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: provided training
Cons: salary too low
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee), CanadaApril 21, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and striving for success
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
Great people to work with
Product manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice compus
Cons: too much layoff
Very nice people, management can be good, can be bad. Management changed a lot in last few years. Make the work place a lot less fun.
Exciting, fun to work for, very challanging
Customer Service Supervisior (Former Employee), Jefferson City TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, always a new challange, every customer different situation
Cons: log hours
Learned how to say no to customers but still make them happy, our motto was "yes we have no bananas" We were number one in customer service, would still be working for company had they not outsourced their customer service.
A good company
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee), Bath, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: jobs moving out of country
I enjoyed the work I did at Philips Lighting. There were too many management with too little to do and earning too much money for results produced. Investing good amounts of money to good producing people will produce upward trending results.
consultative and participative management style
Area Manager, ASEAN Pacific and Japan (Former Employee), Toa PayohOctober 25, 2014
a company that is transforming to a performance culture organization
Great name in your resume but very politically charged
Consultant (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 22, 2014
I never worked for Philips as an employee but twice as a contractor, and from my experience the company is not supportive of the contractors. They are there to be blamed for anything that has gone wrong before you are brought in!
great company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Roselle, ILOctober 21, 2014
Philips is an excellent company to work for. They have amazing growth opportunities and benefits
Issues with manufacturing and employee burn out.
Project Manager (Current Employee), SoutheastOctober 20, 2014
Co-workers are great. Manufacturing issues is the main issue. Rush to get products on the market before they are ready. More R&D needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more