Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 30, 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: gained customer service skills
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee), TaiwanJanuary 8, 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
very productive with lots of computer to repair.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: with a nice restaurantant and a nice foods
Cons: lots of over time.
They were so nice to me I worked there almost five years until they moved to mexico.
Had some fun days and sales contests.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches, had a nice 'quiet room'.
Cons: colleague stealing your sale, there was not a very good system in place to help stop that.
The job was taking inbound calls from either seniors or the physically challenged or their families to get information about how the Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Button worked to provide the client a safe home environment.

I loved talking to different people from all over the country and helping them remain safe in their homes and provide relief – more... from worry for the family. – less
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), TaiwanAugust 6, 2013
1. the hardest part of the job : create new service biz

2. the most enjoyable part of the job : Customers give a satisfactory evaluation
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Philips because of the people and my immediate manager. It was a great learning experience!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Laurent, QCJune 17, 2013
After 1.5 years at Philips it was truly a sad day when they announced the plans to close the Montreal office and transfer the Business Centre to Markham, ON. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, mostly because of the work ambiance. My colleagues were great to work with, and we formed wonderful bonds.

My manager was extremely professional and she was – more... a great mentor for me as well.

There were days when the job was very stressful and busy, but we worked well as a team and always encouraged each other through the more difficult periods.

I would have stayed on there for many more years! – less
Fun and engaging workplace but un-supportive management culture and no opportunities for growth and dvevelopment
Engineer (Former Employee), OntarioMay 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about managing large technical projects with cross-functional teams. However, managers were not supportive and there was a lot of political maneuvering required.
Very busy at times
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: provided training
Cons: salary too low
They were fine, it was very busy at times
learned lots
the management was fine
coworker were fine
the daily schedule changes
working there
Call center job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
Philips Lifeline is a fast pace call cener, lots of constant incoming calls. It can be a high stress job, dealing with the death of people daily.
Amazing and friendly place to work
Project Manager - Contract (Current Employee), CanadaApril 21, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and striving for success
PHILIPS has been a great place to work in. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful - it is like a family. It is a very relaxing environment but the company still stands firm on working hard.
okay place to work
Machinist (Current Employee), Salina, KSSeptember 11, 2014
Would be an alright place to work if you were sure the plant would stay open long enough to get a decent retirement fund started.
very satisfied work area
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Flat Rock, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on birthdays
Cons: good work training
Had a great time with Philips Service Corporation, very reasonable,easy going and provide good work training.
Harassment on Steroids
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Highland HeightsSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: paid on time
Cons: harassment is a way of life.
Due to management indecision and vacations I started three weeks later than originally plan. Being misled about the start date resulted in my suspending my job search. My bad.

Once I arrived in late July promises of training turned out to be nonsense. In addition to no training there is not objective standard for measuring performance, process for – more... setting deadlines or method of estimating how long a job should take.

Every job is to be done yesterday and ASAP. Every day someone showed up four or five times, after refusing to set a deadline or estimate the size of the job, to ask "are you done yet." I felt like I was driving a three year old to an amusement park "Are we there yet. Are we there yet. Are we there yet."

The best part, to stick with their theme of unprofessionalism and immaturity, was being sent to human resources where we were lecture on how to proceed if someone ran around the offices shooting us. After the active shooter training I went back my cube sat down to face my computer monitor with my back to the aisle behind me.

As I sat with my back to the aisle a laser light, looked like an aiming device for a gun, played across the bulletin board behind the monitor and across myself and a co-worker. After the training on shooters seeing the laser momentarily had me convinced I was going to be shot. The in house co-worker who played the prank thought it was hilarious. The same co-worker, I was a temporary technical writer, hinted around that I should buy her a birthday present. My in house leader confirmed that the birthday present hints were not a joke.

If you like rude and crude, there swearing and discussion of watching x rated movies on the job, this is the place to work. – less
A great learning expierence and step in the right direction.
Lead Administrator (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: temporary position because it is contract work
My typical work days are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. My usual morning starts with me going through my emails. I respond to suppliers and any questions that any of our Quality Engineers might have. On a daily I manage an Access database and an Excel sheet. I also send out packages for part qualifications. I copy and scan on a daily as well too.

The – more... hardest part of my job is dealing with my co-workers sometimes. They are all Quality Engineers and they sort of speak their own language. I sometimes get frustrated because they expect me to understand them and I don't. I am not trained in their area.

The thing I enjoy most about my job would be my boss. He is truly a great person to work for and he cares about his employees. He has me set up a lunch that he pays for every month to celebrate peoples birthdays. – less
Excellent work life balance
Product Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2014
Great company with focus on work life balance, flexible work from home and vacation policies
So very messed up
Account Manager (Current Employee), USASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many to list.
Philips was once a great place to work. Great team mentality, good work/family balance, decent pay, lots of communication from management, etc. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Now it is every man or woman for themselves, horrible work/family balance and no communication. The upper management has threatened the sales people and yelled at them – more... on national conference calls that he is going to clean house if they don't shape up. The thing is it's not the sales people that are the problem but the upper managements decisions to get rid of direct sales and go with agents (over 200 people lost their jobs last December, two weeks before Christmas) and now a new round of layoffs are occurring. Morale is at an all time low. Everyone is scared they will be let go next. If your thinking of working for Philips my advice is run. – less
Becoming a joke
Assembler (Current Employee), PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: ok compensation, nothing great
Cons: those in production set up to fail, and the skilled are worked like crazy while the lazy are free to do as they please.
Very dismal culture. Always expecting more and more while employees receive less and less. Little/no concern for development and no upwards mobility for production unless you kiss the right person's butt. But who has time for that? A lot of dead weight and some of the mgmnt have horrible people skills.
Philips Medical Systems
Quality Assurance & Regulatory Engineer (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHAugust 24, 2014
The current environment and Philips is fast paced and constantly changing. The high tension environment is a result of a business decision to halt production after a recent audit. Environment previous to the audit was constantly in "crisis" mode resulting and many "band aid" resolutions that offer immediate resolution to any issue at hand but did not – more... solve the issue in the long term.
The typical day is not easy to plan. Employees are frequently unable to direct their attentions to the tasks they desire to focus on due to any number of demands placed on their attention for other areas. This often leads to the feeling of "fire fighting." Organization, schedule blocking, and planning help but are difficult to adhere to as the business culture does not lend itself to these activities.
Cultural change was a demand placed on all employees with an intent to be driven from the top down. Initial results regarding this change were promising, as of late, the culture seems to be reverting back to the "old way" and creating a counter productive atmosphere. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more