Philip Morris International

• Salary/Benefits
sales
Field Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), bur dubaiApril 12, 2014
sales and customer relations
nothing is impossible in sales
Demanding and fulfilling workplace
Fire and Security Coordinator (Current Employee), Bucuresti, IFApril 10, 2014
State of the art corporation.
I had a lot to lear from all my coworkers.
great company
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Delhi, DLApril 8, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: insecurity
Highly recommended for professionals who want to grow in their career. The work is highly appreciated and amazing trainings are provided, The company is quite cross cultural and people get loads of opportunities to change departments and get a hang of things beyond they have done previously.
productive
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), PhilippinesDecember 17, 2013
Pros: fun to work with
Cons: long hours driving
Visits Warehouse and major supermarkets to continue to sell our brands.
Business Consultant in the area assigned.
Implement distinctive incentive programs to wholesalers and hypermarkets.
Handles and train counterpart van sales man in achieving monthly targets.
Encodes and report all data’s pertaining to sales and inventory in the area.
Merchandise – more... and install permanent point of sales materials to accounts handled. – less
Great Company
Business Support Executive (Former Employee), RichmondDecember 9, 2013
Pros: good team, great bunch, great pay
Cons: short lived
Great company to work for. Shame it was on a temporary contract, would have loved for this to continue.
Excellent workplace
Brand Building Intelligence Coordinator (Current Employee), LausanneNovember 29, 2013
. Able to work while learning everyday
. Good people
. Multicultural
. International
PRODUCTIVE
Manager Engineering & Projects (Former Employee), KARACHISeptember 29, 2013
Pros: many
Cons: n/a
ENJOYABLE
MANAGEMENT SKILLS
STRATEGIC
COOPERATIVE
DECISION TO LEAVE
WORKING IN PMI
Fast paced culture
Recruitment Executive / HR Generalist (Former Employee), KarachiSeptember 21, 2013
PMI is a fast paced culture and is very high on technolgy and systems. PMI provieds excellent human capital systems and resources to work effectively.
A great company to work for
Auditor Interno Senior (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaAugust 21, 2013
Pros: job security / advancement
Cons: n/a
Really strive for great safety culture and care about employees
Interesting learning environment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), SingaporeAugust 17, 2013
The importance of research and development is the fundamental core value of the company.
Sales and Driving
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Budapest, HungaryJune 7, 2013
Pros: driving all day
Cons: unpredictable goverment
On a typical day I visited 25 shops driving the company's van. My main task was selling the company's products, maintraining contracts, acquire new customers. In the end of the day I accounted for the money and the rest of the products.
Great Learning and Working enviornment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), MohaliMay 16, 2013
Pros: timings
Cons: off rolls
Very nice company, got a lot to learn from seniors in a very healthy working enviornment.
Competitive and Productive
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicApril 24, 2013
Pros: the compensations at the end of the year
Cons: short brakes.
Every day I had to create new customers on the SAP system.
I learned about SAP and Excel formulas to make bulk changes.
I had to manage the customers and do a maintenance each week to avoid errors or data matching.
My co-workers were very competitive and hard working.
The hardest part of my job were the new requests that came each day that had to be – more... solved.
The most enjoyable part was the recognition of the effort that I pull out to do my duties. – less
productive work place
Primary Operator (Current Employee), boksburgApril 20, 2013
works 9 hours in a team of 8 people,i repord to line supervisor.
i have work to life balance.
A great Company to come in and learn about the Retail Trade
Key Accounts Executive (Current Employee), Johannesburg WestMarch 5, 2013
Pros: company car, fuel card, laptop, 3g card
Cons: no room for growth
A typpical day at work would involve driving around and seeing my PnP, Shoprite Checkers and Game stores in my deignated area to ensure that the have stock and they do not have any issues that need to be addressed.

What i learned while at PM is that a successful FMCG company needs to ensure that OOS are kept to an absolute minimum.

My co-workers are – more... great colleagues that rely on me a lot in order for them to remain afloat and focused. Having been at the company for so long you assume the role of a mentor to everyone that wants to achieve their goals and KPI's.

The hardest part of the job is having to introduce yourself to a customer that isnt happy with something about the company besides you as an individual, it then becomes hard to seperate yourself from the company you are representing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the meeting of and interacting with so many different personalities daily. You learn a lot from people if you allow yourself to. – less
Chelenging environment
Operations (Current Employee), SerbiaFebruary 24, 2013
no learning from doing
great people
fast processes, resulting in mistakes
fire fighting
PMI
Business Development Strategic Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with products sold in approximately 180 countries.

In 2011, we held an estimated 16.0 percent share of the international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.1 percent excluding the People's Republic of China and the U.S.
Excellent workplace to move your carreer forward
Trade Marketing Manager for Central America (Former Employee), San Salvador, El SalvadorJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: excellent compensations, flexible work schedule, great work environment
Cons: tobacco regulations
Philip Morris is a great place to work, there is nice work environment and it gives employers the opportunity to develop and make a career within the company. Within 3 years I was promoted to Trade Marketing Manager for Central America, being in charge of 8 Trade Marketing Managers in 6 different countries; I learned how to coordinate and lead my team, – more... I learned how to manage not only people but also managers, to communicate more efficiently, to delegate and to develop my staff. The hardest part was the elaboration of long term business plans for each country across the region; they all have different needs and different tobacco regulations. The most enjoyable part of my job was sharing with co-workers, the schedule flexibility and the brainstorming sessions prior to business plans. – less
Professional, team-driven atmosphere. Opportunities to learn and build my character everyday.
Intern (Former Employee), DubaiJanuary 15, 2013
I was motivated and enthusiastic towards my learning experienced and that was well-enhanced throughout my internship. Great exposure was given to me on day to day tasks within most of the departments, there was a strong sense of cooperation and interdependence between them. I always felt like i was part of a team, and there was always cohesiveness.My – more... feedback was given its relative importance, especially during meetings with the agency. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of multitasking but it only lasted the first few days. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and getting it right and feeling satisfied when even small things can add value during my time there. – less
Great working enviroment
Territory Trade Developer (Current Employee), Limpopo.PolokwaneJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: self management
I work alone and I am self managed.
I only go into the office if and when I am called.
There are three of us in the Province and we work very well together,the team spirit is great.
I have done alot of e-learning which provides you with alot of in deepth product knowledge and how to sell your products better