PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

Pharmacy assistant
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC26 December 2016
Had experience as assistant on handling phone calls,dispensing,counting,receiving prescriptions,billing,blister packaging
Decent Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Masset, BC14 December 2016
It was an okay place to work, but stressful at times. Management was difficult to work with. Work environment toxic at times
Comfortable and quiet place to work
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy is large, tidy and with a good stock of products
I work by myself at the pharmacy. Patients come to pick up their medication and to order refills.
Pros
good location
productive and fast paced
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2016
Great team work in a fast-paced environment delivering efficient and great services to customers. I learnt how to be organized and proficient in preparing and maintaining accurate records. Detail-oriented skills is an integral goals.
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 October 2016
Great boss and wonderful employees. I enjoyed the employees and the customers there. I got desirable hours and a wage I was happy with. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Would like higher wage
Excellent work environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB5 October 2016
This is a place you can call home. excellent employees and excellent management. lots of learning and the CEO actually cares about you.
Pros
excellent hours, pay and benefits.
Cons
non
Aweful! Public stay away from Dawson creek pharmasave
Customer (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC21 September 2016
The pharmacist that runs the Dawson creek phamasave is a aweful to the public and to the workers in general and should be run out of town. He treats woman terrible.

Many people do not go into that location because of him

He is a awful at customer service.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
aweful
biased pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
very sketchy place, likes to control everyone because there is something is going on .... There is no opportunity to grow, a lot of conflicts with staff so there is no consistent permanent staff.
Pros
occasionally free lunch/coffe
Cons
stressful environment
Awesome team crew! fun, polite and helpful for new members
front store Cashier and cosmetic in training (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC17 August 2016
I had an awesome manager and the best Team, I didnt experience a single problem with anyone on the crew and they were super helpful to me.
They jumped in anytime anyone needed help/Assistance and
I didnt feel dumb when asking for help, which I deeply appreciated.
I felt apart of a family and it sucked saying good bye to everone. I enjoyed working front checkout but Cosmetics was my most favorable station!
I remember for the first week or two the only things I ever found challenging at first was the front checkout lotto system and activating parmasave gift cards with the dial up haha but the customers were understanding once I told them I was new in training!
I learned alot, had alot of fun especially at the senior day booths, I got the pleasure to hear alot of good stories from our customers by just having a coffee and being a good ear for them.
Overall I recomend working for pharmasave if your looking for a good job with positive environment, good team good atmosphere, and the discounts are more than awesome haha.
Pros
fun, good coworkers, polite, nice, lots of help, usally things to take home in back, free samples, senior day!, good experience, good training
Cons
I would have really like to have had desposable gloves for bathroom clean up and more recycle bins
Great Local atmosphere for a pharmacy setting
Registered Pharmacy Technician- Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2016
Smaller community pharmacies are a great place to work in, the staff is small so we all get to know each other on a one on one basis which makes coming to work more pleasant as you know everyone other than just their name. Customers in smaller pharmacies get treated better of the fact there is more time to get to know the individuals that come in and there isn't corporate leaders pushing unrealistic quotas and advertisements. Management is always easy to get along with and issues are dealt with promptly.
Pros
Evenings and Weekends off
Cons
Stressful when busy
Conducive and great team
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 July 2016
Pharmasave is a great place to work with exceptionally good management with excellent co-workers. The ability to deliver good services to customers is a fulfillment and achieved goal for me.
excellent management & staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BC29 July 2016
Working at Pharmasave was enjoyable the management and staff were great to get along with an very helpful.
The hardest challenge I had was learning the lottery but i caught on real quick :)
The most enjoyable part of my job is always the customers
productive and nice place to work
Cashier, Supervisor, Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB6 June 2016
everyone treated everyone like family, hours were flexible and management listened to requests. coworkers were easygoing and it was enjoyable to befriend everybody and have them become family.
Productive and friendly pharmacy
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
Very busy pharmacy with patient-centered care. Pharmacy staffs work together as a team to provide the best possible pharmaceutical care to our patients in the community.
Good place to work but i want to move on with my life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chemainus, BC5 February 2016
Nice place to work except there is no advancement in the company.
The owner is really nice guy that is generous to his employees.
I have learned a lot about retail since I have been with Pharmasave.
Pros
the owner is generous
Cons
no advancement
Good job I did everything I like to do with customers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 January 2016
Unpacked any stock that came in for our department.
Stocked shelves. Helped customers, Cleaned.
Did any Inventory management might have prepared to have done.
worked with co-workers to cover breaks.
working in a department you didn't know well.
the customers and co-workers.
Pros
did what you want on breaks
Cons
often didn't get a break
Day in the life of Phamasave customer service.
Cash Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 January 2016
A typical day consists of helping ring customers through on a till. I learned time management skills, mathematical skills, how to use a cash register, how to mail a letter and other various skills in their post office, and how to communicate with customers. Management was ok. Co-workers were nice to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy on down times. The most enjoyable part of the job was location was near my home.
Pros
discount
Cons
trying to keep busy was difficult
Most staff members were great.
Cashier/ home health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Pharmasave Comox30 December 2015
I enjoyed learning. I went from a cashier to a home health worker fairly fast. Most of the staff were cheery and wanted me to succeed.
Pros
Helping out customers and watching them be happy
Cons
Pushed to the brink.
Wonderful experience, amazing co-workers, was a perfect first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB6 November 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Pharmasave very much. It gave me lots of experience talking to customers and giving advice, I quickly became familiar with products and enjoyed the customer service part of my job. I had wonderful co-workers and coming to work was always a positive experience and leaving I always kept that positive attitude. The kindness i was shown at Pharmasave has helped set the tone for the kind of co-worker I want to be in future jobs.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
Average
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON30 October 2015
I would recomend that the managment understand more fully the requirements and expectation when hiring staff, to be more forthcoming and maintain the postions that staff is hired for.
Adding other duties is expected.
Pros
willing to educate and learn from great staff for further information
Cons
distance from my home- the drive was too long for me to maintain