PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews in Canada

Good job I did everything I like to do with customers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Unpacked any stock that came in for our department.
Stocked shelves. Helped customers, Cleaned.
Did any Inventory management might have prepared to have done.
worked with co-workers to cover breaks.
working in a department you didn't know well.
the customers and co-workers.
Pros
did what you want on breaks
Cons
often didn't get a break
Day in the life of Phamasave customer service.
Cash Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day consists of helping ring customers through on a till. I learned time management skills, mathematical skills, how to use a cash register, how to mail a letter and other various skills in their post office, and how to communicate with customers. Management was ok. Co-workers were nice to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy on down times. The most enjoyable part of the job was location was near my home.
Pros
discount
Cons
trying to keep busy was difficult
Most staff members were great.
Cashier/ home health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Pharmasave ComoxDecember 30, 2015
I enjoyed learning. I went from a cashier to a home health worker fairly fast. Most of the staff were cheery and wanted me to succeed.
Pros
Helping out customers and watching them be happy
Cons
Pushed to the brink.
Wonderful experience, amazing co-workers, was a perfect first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABNovember 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Pharmasave very much. It gave me lots of experience talking to customers and giving advice, I quickly became familiar with products and enjoyed the customer service part of my job. I had wonderful co-workers and coming to work was always a positive experience and leaving I always kept that positive attitude. The kindness i was shown at Pharmasave has helped set the tone for the kind of co-worker I want to be in future jobs.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
Average
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONOctober 30, 2015
I would recomend that the managment understand more fully the requirements and expectation when hiring staff, to be more forthcoming and maintain the postions that staff is hired for.
Adding other duties is expected.
Pros
willing to educate and learn from great staff for further information
Cons
distance from my home- the drive was too long for me to maintain
working with pharmasave was a good opportunity for me
Pharmacist Part Time (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ONOctober 24, 2015
good pharmacy team , cooperative staff ,healthy environment to work with, supportive management I have learned new operartion system {kroll} the hardest part of the job is the long driving time
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long driving time
only there for a short time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Timberlea, NSOctober 17, 2015
great learning experience, it was a job shadow to see if that was what I would like to pursue, I was still in the military, I wasn't being paid by the pharmacy
Pros
great learning
Cons
only there a short time
Amazing workplace
store salesperson (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONSeptember 22, 2015
The management was so great! They were kind, fun, hard working and great leaders. I cleaned, helped customers and was a cashier.
Pros
We got items in the store for cost
Great people to work with.
Natural Health/Nutritional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 13, 2015
Management and owners treat all workers with respect, and acknowledge positive skills in each employee.

Open, close, Cashier duties, Helping customers find and try on braces, giving nutritional advice, and looking up contraindications with medicines.

Referring to pharmacists when inquiries about medications occur.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NSJuly 11, 2015
It was a great place to work. Waiting on customers, stocking shelves, cleaning the store to make it appealing for customers to shop (Who wants to buy something with dust on it?) The management was fair and great to help out with scheduling around family events(Doctor appointments and spouses work hours) I miss my co-workers and customers the most that is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
Not working there
Productive, enjoyable
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2015
I have Learn Kroll which I really needs it
co workers are so helpful
I loved to work with kroll
team work is the most enjoyable part of the job
management is very good
Pharmasave Banner Pharmacy
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 2, 2015
Independently owned - has it's pluses and minuses. Overall, the best job I have ever had.
Typical pharmacy, excellent experience. Especially in compounding and leadership skill development.
Amazing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 12, 2015
I loved everything about this job, co-workers were absolutely amazing and so were the customers. There is not one thing I could say about James Bay Pharmasave.
Pros
everything
Outdated Retail Tequniques
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 11, 2015
A very small and heard headed staff. This Pharmasave caters to Methedone patients as well as sells lottery so it is sometimes more hectic than a Pub. If you can handle the environment then I suggest tackling it, but it's not a very good paying job and there is zero advancement opportunities. Suits someone a little older. Most likely a Male.
Pros
Great Owner
Cons
Methedone Clinic
Learned a lot and became expert in solving issues and in taking professional judgement
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 10, 2015
This was my first place to work where I could feel, what does it take and mean to be a pharmacist.
Was amazing.
Learned a lot. Staff was amazing and pharmacy was busy.
My preceptor had very long experience and was really nice working and trained under him.
Became expert.
Pros
everything i liked
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun work place with a lot of ways to gain experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2015
I worked behind the cash register and dealt with money. Greeted customers with a smile always. I was also did stocking of products on shelves
I Enjoyed the people and customers I worked with.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, B.C.February 17, 2015
I would start my day by checking my float for my shift, count the lotto. If I happened to be in the Post-office I would count the float, make sure the Express and Priority Mail envelopes were out to be seen and get stamps out.
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, they were great people to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customers daily.
Pros
at christmas for the week prior they would bring in lunch for us.
fun and balanced
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 23, 2015
I am currently working as PT asst with Pharmasave, and been with them for almost 3 months. So far I enjoy my job and always look forward to my next shift. I find learning fun and exciting
Pros
employee's have 5% discount
Pharmasave
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SydneyJanuary 5, 2015
While employed at Pharmasave as a cashier I was responsible for submitting bill payments, calling other Pharmasave stores to check on items for costumers, setting up lottery tickets, keeping my register and other areas of the store tidy, doing out-dates on merchandise that was about too expire and re-stocking the selves with fresh merchandise. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a cashier but I am also open to trying new positions and departments.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
pay roll
productive and learning work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 26, 2014
I liked working at pharmasave. It was very busy pharmacy everyday. A typical started with filing rest of the prescription from previous day, filling prescription orders, collecting patients information about filling prescription. at the end of shift balancing the cash register.
I learnt alot from that work environment as it was very busy pharmacy. Management and co-workers were very co-operative.The most enjoyable part of the job was filling prescription and the hardest part was filing very old prescprtion from previous years.