PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

Job was good
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 December 2017
Great company... really depends on the owners. Learned a lot and gives you a lot of time to spend with patients if you care for that. Overall great job
Not a huge fan
Pharmacy tech/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC24 November 2017
Was going good but then some how all of a sudden everything went down hill even when I wasn't working.so I don't ry know what else to say like I am glad that I don't come home stressed about looking my job because of someone else mistake.
Pros
Discount
Cons
If you dont fit in the first day you probably wont.
Stocking medicines on shelves
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2017
You need to be punctual and improve communication skills with the customers. Also, you need the desired professionalism as well. Moreover, shelving and filing are what I normally spend most of my time working.
boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garson, ON11 November 2017
staff was good, just got boring after awhile. same issues every shift, same old stuff every time, decent for a highschool student but could not stay there any longer
Productive, Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2017
I enjoyed working there, all my co workers were very friendly and fun to work with. I had a good time and learned a lot. for a first job, I think I got lucky
Great Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 November 2017
I helped open this store when it first opened. It was a great experience to see something from start to finish. I worked as a pharmacy technician in the store front area. I learned a lot not just about Pharmasave and the operational aspect of it but also medication, processing it and how to properly help people with it. The management at times busy were quite good with a friendly work environment for myself and my peers. The hardest part of the job was having to go back and forth between the post office and pharmacy when I was required to cover both. The most enjoyable part was the people I saw and worked with everyday.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Small staff
A relaxed and rewarding job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB4 November 2017
Pharmasave can be a laid back and relaxing job, but other days it is a bit harder. It is a great work environment and I am proud to say I work there..
Pros
rewards
Cons
small store
Family oriented
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2017
Family oriented, lots of rooms to grow, lots of opportunity to move up, respectful, diversity, no discrimination, helping each other and great fun environment to with at, no stress.
Very fun people to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC25 October 2017
loved working here because the three people running the pharmacy are super laid back and easy going. no pressure to finish work in a certain time and if you mess up they're nice about it.
Build relationships in a small community
Pharmasave Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ladner, BC7 September 2017
Pharmasave was a well paced work place. I learnt how to work a lottery machine and hand out lottery tickets and cigarettes. I stocked shelves and dusted shelves. Being in a small community i got to know the regulars. I appreciated the competitive pricing Pharmasave offers. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Excellent staff discount
Cons
Not a lot of tasks to complete, long hours
fun and safe workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB1 September 2017
flexible hours, friendly co-workers and employer, safe and fun work environment, free lunches, new learning experiences, extensive training and gradual exposure to new experiences.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fast paced work atmosphere, less salaries.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
excellent opportunity to learn basics of customer service,
learned a lot about operations of retail stores.
very fast paced work environment.
a good experience.
Pros
abundant learning opportunity
Cons
fast pace of work
It's a great job as far as retail goes, and provides a safe environment to work
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 June 2017
It's a good place to work, the company does its best to provide safety and security. Most people are great to work with and those that are not are let go. Longer you work there, the more the work increases but pay does not. raises are not reflective of what is asked, this is an issue with the company who owns the store, not pharmasave itself. It's also just a general retail issue.
great but theres a catch
customer care servicer and Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 June 2017
The job starts out great with nice people but massive work loads. I was guaranteed full time work but as the years went on new staff was hired, that's when the workplace became toxic to be at. So even though on the outside it seems like a great place to work at.... you can get the short end of the stick and get treated very poorly
Pros
extended benefits
Cons
no respect for employees
Close Knit & Fun Environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB12 June 2017
Pharmasave cares about its employees but does not pay very well or give very good benefits - if any. There are chances and opportunities for advancements provided the work day is slow.
Awful experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia5 May 2017
Worked there for a short time , awful experience, treated like you were nothing , nice co workers , awful boss !! Couldn't get out of there fast enough
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Boss
Best Independent Pharmacy in Canada
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2017
Family environment, nice and professional management,
flexible hours, excellent customer service,.........
best place to work and shop, ..............
Pros
all
Hours
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NS18 April 2017
The management was amazing! very outgoing atmosphere, very much like a family. Hours were great mon-friday and very flexable with appointment times. Enjoyed learning this new job the training was great!
Productive, inviting, and fun work setting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. It brings me joy knowing I am able to help people and make their day a little easier and happier.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The job is very busy so it gets draining after a while.

The management and co-workers I had the pleasure of working with were very nice. Everyone pitched in to make things run smoothly.

I learned good communication skills, problem solving skills, and excellent customer service skills.

A typical day at work involves answering phones, helping customers, bagging prescriptions, and cleaning.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lovely friendly place to be emploied
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON31 March 2017
I was employed with pharmasave for 3 years and it was an amazing place to be when working and when just visiting other employees. Coming into work was always a good experience. On a regular day I would be expected to watch the register, help customers find their needed products, clean the store, fill the pop machine, and redesign various displays in the giftware section. I was always busy and always felt needed. The other employees were always supportive in and out of work and became like family.