PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

Great Local atmosphere for a pharmacy setting
Registered Pharmacy Technician- Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 14, 2016
Smaller community pharmacies are a great place to work in, the staff is small so we all get to know each other on a one on one basis which makes coming to work more pleasant as you know everyone other than just their name. Customers in smaller pharmacies get treated better of the fact there is more time to get to know the individuals that come in and there isn't corporate leaders pushing unrealistic quotas and advertisements. Management is always easy to get along with and issues are dealt with promptly.
Pros
Evenings and Weekends off
Cons
Stressful when busy
Aweful! Public stay away from Dawson creek pharmasave
Customer (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCSeptember 21, 2016
The pharmacist that runs the Dawson creek phamasave is a aweful to the public and to the workers in general and should be run out of town. He treats woman terrible.

Many people do not go into that location because of him

He is a awful at customer service.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
aweful
excellent management & staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BCJuly 29, 2016
Working at Pharmasave was enjoyable the management and staff were great to get along with an very helpful.
The hardest challenge I had was learning the lottery but i caught on real quick :)
The most enjoyable part of my job is always the customers
productive and nice place to work
Cashier, Supervisor, Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, ABJune 6, 2016
everyone treated everyone like family, hours were flexible and management listened to requests. coworkers were easygoing and it was enjoyable to befriend everybody and have them become family.
Conducive and great team
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 31, 2016
Pharmasave is a great place to work with exceptionally good management with excellent co-workers. The ability to deliver good services to customers is a fulfillment and achieved goal for me.
Productive and friendly pharmacy
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
Very busy pharmacy with patient-centered care. Pharmacy staffs work together as a team to provide the best possible pharmaceutical care to our patients in the community.
Day in the life of Phamasave customer service.
Cash Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day consists of helping ring customers through on a till. I learned time management skills, mathematical skills, how to use a cash register, how to mail a letter and other various skills in their post office, and how to communicate with customers. Management was ok. Co-workers were nice to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy on down times. The most enjoyable part of the job was location was near my home.
Pros
discount
Cons
trying to keep busy was difficult
Good job I did everything I like to do with customers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Unpacked any stock that came in for our department.
Stocked shelves. Helped customers, Cleaned.
Did any Inventory management might have prepared to have done.
worked with co-workers to cover breaks.
working in a department you didn't know well.
the customers and co-workers.
Pros
did what you want on breaks
Cons
often didn't get a break
Good place to work but i want to move on with my life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chemainus, BCFebruary 5, 2016
Nice place to work except there is no advancement in the company.
The owner is really nice guy that is generous to his employees.
I have learned a lot about retail since I have been with Pharmasave.
Pros
the owner is generous
Cons
no advancement
Wonderful experience, amazing co-workers, was a perfect first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABNovember 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Pharmasave very much. It gave me lots of experience talking to customers and giving advice, I quickly became familiar with products and enjoyed the customer service part of my job. I had wonderful co-workers and coming to work was always a positive experience and leaving I always kept that positive attitude. The kindness i was shown at Pharmasave has helped set the tone for the kind of co-worker I want to be in future jobs.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
Most staff members were great.
Cashier/ home health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Pharmasave ComoxDecember 30, 2015
I enjoyed learning. I went from a cashier to a home health worker fairly fast. Most of the staff were cheery and wanted me to succeed.
Pros
Helping out customers and watching them be happy
Cons
Pushed to the brink.
Average
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONOctober 30, 2015
I would recomend that the managment understand more fully the requirements and expectation when hiring staff, to be more forthcoming and maintain the postions that staff is hired for.
Adding other duties is expected.
Pros
willing to educate and learn from great staff for further information
Cons
distance from my home- the drive was too long for me to maintain
Awesome team crew! fun, polite and helpful for new members
front store Cashier and cosmetic in training (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BCAugust 17, 2016
I had an awesome manager and the best Team, I didnt experience a single problem with anyone on the crew and they were super helpful to me.
They jumped in anytime anyone needed help/Assistance and
I didnt feel dumb when asking for help, which I deeply appreciated.
I felt apart of a family and it sucked saying good bye to everone. I enjoyed working front checkout but Cosmetics was my most favorable station!
I remember for the first week or two the only things I ever found challenging at first was the front checkout lotto system and activating parmasave gift cards with the dial up haha but the customers were understanding once I told them I was new in training!
I learned alot, had alot of fun especially at the senior day booths, I got the pleasure to hear alot of good stories from our customers by just having a coffee and being a good ear for them.
Overall I recomend working for pharmasave if your looking for a good job with positive environment, good team good atmosphere, and the discounts are more than awesome haha.
Pros
fun, good coworkers, polite, nice, lots of help, usally things to take home in back, free samples, senior day!, good experience, good training
Cons
I would have really like to have had desposable gloves for bathroom clean up and more recycle bins
working with pharmasave was a good opportunity for me
Pharmacist Part Time (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ONOctober 24, 2015
good pharmacy team , cooperative staff ,healthy environment to work with, supportive management I have learned new operartion system {kroll} the hardest part of the job is the long driving time
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long driving time
Great people to work with.
Natural Health/Nutritional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 13, 2015
Management and owners treat all workers with respect, and acknowledge positive skills in each employee.

Open, close, Cashier duties, Helping customers find and try on braces, giving nutritional advice, and looking up contraindications with medicines.

Referring to pharmacists when inquiries about medications occur.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NSJuly 11, 2015
It was a great place to work. Waiting on customers, stocking shelves, cleaning the store to make it appealing for customers to shop (Who wants to buy something with dust on it?) The management was fair and great to help out with scheduling around family events(Doctor appointments and spouses work hours) I miss my co-workers and customers the most that is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
Not working there
only there for a short time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Timberlea, NSOctober 17, 2015
great learning experience, it was a job shadow to see if that was what I would like to pursue, I was still in the military, I wasn't being paid by the pharmacy
Pros
great learning
Cons
only there a short time
Amazing workplace
store salesperson (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONSeptember 22, 2015
The management was so great! They were kind, fun, hard working and great leaders. I cleaned, helped customers and was a cashier.
Pros
We got items in the store for cost
Outdated Retail Tequniques
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 11, 2015
A very small and heard headed staff. This Pharmasave caters to Methedone patients as well as sells lottery so it is sometimes more hectic than a Pub. If you can handle the environment then I suggest tackling it, but it's not a very good paying job and there is zero advancement opportunities. Suits someone a little older. Most likely a Male.
Pros
Great Owner
Cons
Methedone Clinic
I Enjoyed the people and customers I worked with.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, B.C.February 17, 2015
I would start my day by checking my float for my shift, count the lotto. If I happened to be in the Post-office I would count the float, make sure the Express and Priority Mail envelopes were out to be seen and get stamps out.
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, they were great people to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customers daily.
Pros
at christmas for the week prior they would bring in lunch for us.