PHARMASAVE

PHARMASAVE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good workplace, low staff moral with new ownership
Head cashier/ customer service (Current Employee), 100 Mile House, BCFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, running the cash register, stocking shelves, along with anything required to help the store run properly such as : setting sales, doing inventory, problem solving issues with the best needs of the customer at heart. My other responsibilities include handling staff when assistant manager asks, delegation – more... of tasks, receiving inventory, merchandising new items, and cash totals for tills in mornings ( including bank deposits).
I am currently developing my skills in the home health care department. I have completed online training courses and attended seminars.
Management at Pharmasave is good.
My co-workers and I get along well we all have mutual respect for each other.
I can not say there is anything there that I have difficulty with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and being able to address the right products they are looking for to meet their needs. – less
Fast-paced environment with fun thrown in.
cashier/pharmacy tech (Current Employee), Beausejour, MBFebruary 21, 2014
I work as both a cashier and a pharmacy tech, therefore my job stays interesting and varies day to day. I enjoy the interactions with staff and management as we all make the workplace fun to be in. I've learned new skills in the pharmacy in terms of computers. I've also become proficiant at multitasking. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
A productive place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 20, 2014
I worked at the post office, so I had to use a lot of my communication skills and I had a lot of responsibility with many items.
STAFF ARE CARING AND FRIENDLY
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Sydney, NSDecember 22, 2013
Pros: easy to work for
Cons: they don't pay the wages we deserve
RECEIVING AND FILING PRESCRIPTIONS IN PERSON AND OVER THE TELEPHONE.
TAKING CARE TO USE THE PROPER DRUG WHEN FILING PRESCRIPTIONS
GREAT CO-WORKERS
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN PATIENTS YOU HAVE COME TO KNOW PASS AWAY.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HELPED SOMEONE AND THEY APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE AND CARING
Fun Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great hours.
Cons: low pay
When working at Pharmasave I became very known with Canada Post and different methods of mailing and money orders. I am a certified lottery retailer, and very good with helping customers out with our cosmetic products. I enjoyed working in the post office, working with a lot of regular customers who did mailing on a day-to-day basis.
flesxable hours
Cosmetics Manager (Current Employee), 100 mile houseDecember 9, 2013
nice place to work! Flexible hours but the pay isn't great! The staff is fun but it turns over quickly!
fun place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: mall hours
it was a fun starting in retail in a city job for myself. broke mw outta my shell
best job experince ever
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 8, 2013
great managemnt, very accomadating of my school schedule, learned alot about being in a working enviroment, best employer ive ever had
Never a dull moment
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: low pay
A typical day entailed filling prescriptions and helping customers
Do not value people - enable a culture of gossip and backstabbing
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Ganges, BCJuly 2, 2013
The management does not do a very good job of hiding the fact that they hire as many people as possible for their probationary period and then lets them go so that overall benefit costs do not increase. Also there seems to be a handful of nosy, snooty, self-important, unqualified, non-management personnel who have WAYYY too much say in what they think – more... should be going on in the stores. And they know who they are. Stay away from both stores. – less
Good team to teach and prepare
Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee), edmontonJune 26, 2013
I like the friendly work environment in pharmasave, I learned a lot about compounding, blisters filling, Kroll system, netcare.
Great community involved pharmacy
Cosmetic Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 1, 2013
Pros: great store hours
I have truly enjoyed working here, the other staff are curtouse and the atmosphere is very friendly.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician/ Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 18, 2013
Great enviornment. People in the community were extremely nice a became family like.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), VictoriaMarch 17, 2013
I enjoyed working and a great experience working with them. I learned a lot.
A friendly place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Lawrencetown., NSFebruary 4, 2013
All the staff was from the same area, so it was a very friendly place to work. I worked as customer service, ringing people through at the cash register, cleaning the store and shipping books.
workplace that needs to be improved and management to coordinate well
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: workload is not well-compensated
-not much advancement on the profession and on the workplace.
- typical day of work is putting away the orders, follow-up on the doctor calling documents, counting pills, preparing for the medications of the patients, answering the phones, customer-service,
operating the cash register, assisting the patients on the over-the counter products, patient-greeting, – more... putting away medications on the drawer for pick-up or delivery, ordering of meds, checking the inventory, filling of prescriptions
-most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and assisting them of what they need – less
Good Experiance
Pharmacy Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 21, 2012
I worked as a volunteer in Pharma Save. It was a good experiance as a pharmacy assistant. This volunteer position provided base for my future career. Unfortunately, I can not continue because in third semester I do not have any off during week days.
Positive and fun workplace with great people.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Gimli, MBOctober 10, 2012
Pros: one hour lunch breaks, co-workers, not working holidays
Cons: tedious duties
I was assigned to certain jobs each shift I worked, so I usually did something different every day. Some days I would be cashier for the full work day if needed, but if not I was always second cashier. I usually had to pull stock out from the back and fix, fill, and face each aisle in the store. I did a lot of cleaning keeping the store presentable. – more... Some days I just had to create and move displays of new or sale products around the store. We would also get multiple orders in through out the week so I often had to receive and check off the orders and then put the stock out afterwards. And anytime I was working on the floor customer service was my numb done priority, I asked every customer if they needed help and assisted them if they did. At the end of the night I helped the cashier close down and balance the lottery and counted and cashed out both cash registers.

I learned a lot about different products sold in the store to be able to help customers better. This job helped me improve customer service skills since a majority of my day was dedicated to helping customers find the products they needed.

The management was great. He was very lenient and would attend to our needs any way they could. They were great to the employees and gave us holidays and every second Sunday's off.

My co-workers were amazing. They were all wonderful people who made the job more fun and were all easy to work with. We all had specific duties to attend to so it was not very often we worked together on the same duty, but when we did we all worked very well together.

The hardest part of my job was finding space on the shelves for new products. The store was fairly small and was quite full, so it would be frustrating moving things around to make space for new products.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers. They made the workplace such a positive environment and kept everyone happy through out the day. – less
Working with great staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Burns Lake, BCAugust 21, 2012
Pros: learn something new everyday
Cons: bordom
stocking shelves, greeting the public, serving customers
9.00
Ok
great people
bordom
chatting with customers
People are great to work with.
Front Shop Cashier / Merchandiser (Former Employee), WhitbyJuly 17, 2012
Pros: store discounts
Cons: no benefits
Work within a comfortable atmosphere with great people. Smaller company so you really get to know your coworkers. Front shop manager was amazing and very flexible. Learned something new everyday.