PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB5 October 2016
This is a place you can call home. excellent employees and excellent management. lots of learning and the CEO actually cares about you.
Pros
excellent hours, pay and benefits.
Cons
non
Excellent workplace with a fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC2 January 2017
Worked with customers daily while stocking shelves. I learned how to handle situations when things may not go the customers way and dealing with difficult customers. I worked as a cashier for most days and would sometimes cover cosmetics if needed. I got along with all my co workers well. It was always a good time in the break room. Hardest part of my job was standing 8 hours a day on hard floors even with good shoes and always being on till and not getting floor time. I love working with customers and getting to know the regulars to a comfortable level. I could have a comfortable conversation with a lot of the customers. The staff was always an awesome plus because everyone there is always sweet and understanding.
Pros
Always smiles
Cons
Not enough pay
Great Local atmosphere for a pharmacy setting
Registered Pharmacy Technician- Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2016
Smaller community pharmacies are a great place to work in, the staff is small so we all get to know each other on a one on one basis which makes coming to work more pleasant as you know everyone other than just their name. Customers in smaller pharmacies get treated better of the fact there is more time to get to know the individuals that come in and there isn't corporate leaders pushing unrealistic quotas and advertisements. Management is always easy to get along with and issues are dealt with promptly.
Pros
Evenings and Weekends off
Cons
Stressful when busy
Decent Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Masset, BC14 December 2016
It was an okay place to work, but stressful at times. Management was difficult to work with. Work environment toxic at times
Very organized pharmacy
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2017
Pharmasave was a great place to work for. Although it was part-time it was a steady job and the team working there was always very helpful.
Hardest part was that it was only 2 hours and right in the middle of the day. The most enjoyable part was driving. I like driving and communicating with different people.
Not a bad place to work. Staff are friendly.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 January 2017
Busy job with pressure. Not enough support staff. Staff are nice and friendly. Hours are not bad. Overall it is good. Good place to get some experience and learn Kroll pharmacy system.
Pros
Occationally pizza daay. Free lunch.
Cons
Not enough help for pharmacist. Presssured job.
excellent management & staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BC29 July 2016
Working at Pharmasave was enjoyable the management and staff were great to get along with an very helpful.
The hardest challenge I had was learning the lottery but i caught on real quick :)
The most enjoyable part of my job is always the customers
Conducive and great team
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 July 2016
Pharmasave is a great place to work with exceptionally good management with excellent co-workers. The ability to deliver good services to customers is a fulfillment and achieved goal for me.
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON15 February 2017
I currently am employed with Pharmasave in Gananoque, and I have never been happier in a job! You as staff are valued and treated fair, and are always treated as part of the team.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Amount of hours available
Aweful! Public stay away from Dawson creek pharmasave
Customer (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC21 September 2016
The pharmacist that runs the Dawson creek phamasave is a aweful to the public and to the workers in general and should be run out of town. He treats woman terrible.

Many people do not go into that location because of him

He is a awful at customer service.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
aweful
Pharmacy assistant
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC26 December 2016
Had experience as assistant on handling phone calls,dispensing,counting,receiving prescriptions,billing,blister packaging
productive and fast paced
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2016
Great team work in a fast-paced environment delivering efficient and great services to customers. I learnt how to be organized and proficient in preparing and maintaining accurate records. Detail-oriented skills is an integral goals.
Comfortable and quiet place to work
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy is large, tidy and with a good stock of products
I work by myself at the pharmacy. Patients come to pick up their medication and to order refills.
Pros
good location
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 October 2016
Great boss and wonderful employees. I enjoyed the employees and the customers there. I got desirable hours and a wage I was happy with. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Would like higher wage
productive and nice place to work
Cashier, Supervisor, Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB6 June 2016
everyone treated everyone like family, hours were flexible and management listened to requests. coworkers were easygoing and it was enjoyable to befriend everybody and have them become family.
biased pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
very sketchy place, likes to control everyone because there is something is going on .... There is no opportunity to grow, a lot of conflicts with staff so there is no consistent permanent staff.
Pros
occasionally free lunch/coffe
Cons
stressful environment
Awesome team crew! fun, polite and helpful for new members
front store Cashier and cosmetic in training (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC17 August 2016
I had an awesome manager and the best Team, I didnt experience a single problem with anyone on the crew and they were super helpful to me.
They jumped in anytime anyone needed help/Assistance and
I didnt feel dumb when asking for help, which I deeply appreciated.
I felt apart of a family and it sucked saying good bye to everone. I enjoyed working front checkout but Cosmetics was my most favorable station!
I remember for the first week or two the only things I ever found challenging at first was the front checkout lotto system and activating parmasave gift cards with the dial up haha but the customers were understanding once I told them I was new in training!
I learned alot, had alot of fun especially at the senior day booths, I got the pleasure to hear alot of good stories from our customers by just having a coffee and being a good ear for them.
Overall I recomend working for pharmasave if your looking for a good job with positive environment, good team good atmosphere, and the discounts are more than awesome haha.
Pros
fun, good coworkers, polite, nice, lots of help, usally things to take home in back, free samples, senior day!, good experience, good training
Cons
I would have really like to have had desposable gloves for bathroom clean up and more recycle bins
Day in the life of Phamasave customer service.
Cash Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 January 2016
A typical day consists of helping ring customers through on a till. I learned time management skills, mathematical skills, how to use a cash register, how to mail a letter and other various skills in their post office, and how to communicate with customers. Management was ok. Co-workers were nice to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy on down times. The most enjoyable part of the job was location was near my home.
Pros
discount
Cons
trying to keep busy was difficult
Informative, fun and well balanced.
Supervisor RPO/Assistant to Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 May 2014
Moving up into a management role was the high light of my career there. Although it was for the RPO I took on more challenges for Pharmasave. I was giving tasks that not only encouraged me but allowed me to know where I stood with the company and the owners.
Aside from handling day to day tasks, I was very much apart of the hiring process and training of staff. This for me was, along with managing time/customers, the most enjoyable part of my time there. Getting a feel of how your co-workers work individually, and with a team is important. At the end of the day they are apart of your life, your team. It needs have a complete balance of competence and drive.
Pros
Best staff and customers!! Could never ask for a better group of people to work with and for.
Cons
Lunch hours were not always followed. Breaks sometimes conflicted with demand of work.
Good job I did everything I like to do with customers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 January 2016
Unpacked any stock that came in for our department.
Stocked shelves. Helped customers, Cleaned.
Did any Inventory management might have prepared to have done.
worked with co-workers to cover breaks.
working in a department you didn't know well.
the customers and co-workers.
Pros
did what you want on breaks
Cons
often didn't get a break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHARMASAVE. Our community is ready to answer.

73%