PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

Hours
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NS18 April 2017
The management was amazing! very outgoing atmosphere, very much like a family. Hours were great mon-friday and very flexable with appointment times. Enjoyed learning this new job the training was great!
Productive, inviting, and fun work setting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. It brings me joy knowing I am able to help people and make their day a little easier and happier.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The job is very busy so it gets draining after a while.

The management and co-workers I had the pleasure of working with were very nice. Everyone pitched in to make things run smoothly.

I learned good communication skills, problem solving skills, and excellent customer service skills.

A typical day at work involves answering phones, helping customers, bagging prescriptions, and cleaning.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lovely friendly place to be emploied
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON31 March 2017
I was employed with pharmasave for 3 years and it was an amazing place to be when working and when just visiting other employees. Coming into work was always a good experience. On a regular day I would be expected to watch the register, help customers find their needed products, clean the store, fill the pop machine, and redesign various displays in the giftware section. I was always busy and always felt needed. The other employees were always supportive in and out of work and became like family.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Postal Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 March 2017
A typical day at work involved working at the cash register, facing the shelves, and working in overstock. I learned leadership and how to work as a team. Unfortunately, there were no sick days and we were understaffed for evening shifts.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No sick days and understaffed for part-timers
Best company culture I have seen anywhere.
Point of Sale Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 March 2017
Management was excellent. The owner displayed leadership and set an example for the rest of us. The most enjoyable work culture I experienced anywhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction of all employees.
Pros
Employees genuinely liked to be at work.
Cons
Pay could have been higher, but the culture made up for it.
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON15 February 2017
I currently am employed with Pharmasave in Gananoque, and I have never been happier in a job! You as staff are valued and treated fair, and are always treated as part of the team.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Amount of hours available
Very organized pharmacy
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2017
Pharmasave was a great place to work for. Although it was part-time it was a steady job and the team working there was always very helpful.
Hardest part was that it was only 2 hours and right in the middle of the day. The most enjoyable part was driving. I like driving and communicating with different people.
Not a bad place to work. Staff are friendly.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 January 2017
Busy job with pressure. Not enough support staff. Staff are nice and friendly. Hours are not bad. Overall it is good. Good place to get some experience and learn Kroll pharmacy system.
Pros
Occationally pizza daay. Free lunch.
Cons
Not enough help for pharmacist. Presssured job.
Excellent workplace with a fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC2 January 2017
Worked with customers daily while stocking shelves. I learned how to handle situations when things may not go the customers way and dealing with difficult customers. I worked as a cashier for most days and would sometimes cover cosmetics if needed. I got along with all my co workers well. It was always a good time in the break room. Hardest part of my job was standing 8 hours a day on hard floors even with good shoes and always being on till and not getting floor time. I love working with customers and getting to know the regulars to a comfortable level. I could have a comfortable conversation with a lot of the customers. The staff was always an awesome plus because everyone there is always sweet and understanding.
Pros
Always smiles
Cons
Not enough pay
Pharmacy assistant
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC26 December 2016
Had experience as assistant on handling phone calls,dispensing,counting,receiving prescriptions,billing,blister packaging
Decent Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Masset, BC14 December 2016
It was an okay place to work, but stressful at times. Management was difficult to work with. Work environment toxic at times
Comfortable and quiet place to work
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy is large, tidy and with a good stock of products
I work by myself at the pharmacy. Patients come to pick up their medication and to order refills.
Pros
good location
productive and fast paced
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2016
Great team work in a fast-paced environment delivering efficient and great services to customers. I learnt how to be organized and proficient in preparing and maintaining accurate records. Detail-oriented skills is an integral goals.
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 October 2016
Great boss and wonderful employees. I enjoyed the employees and the customers there. I got desirable hours and a wage I was happy with. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Would like higher wage
Excellent work environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB5 October 2016
This is a place you can call home. excellent employees and excellent management. lots of learning and the CEO actually cares about you.
Pros
excellent hours, pay and benefits.
Cons
non
Aweful! Public stay away from Dawson creek pharmasave
Customer (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC21 September 2016
The pharmacist that runs the Dawson creek phamasave is a aweful to the public and to the workers in general and should be run out of town. He treats woman terrible.

Many people do not go into that location because of him

He is a awful at customer service.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
aweful
biased pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
very sketchy place, likes to control everyone because there is something is going on .... There is no opportunity to grow, a lot of conflicts with staff so there is no consistent permanent staff.
Pros
occasionally free lunch/coffe
Cons
stressful environment
Awesome team crew! fun, polite and helpful for new members
front store Cashier and cosmetic in training (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC17 August 2016
I had an awesome manager and the best Team, I didnt experience a single problem with anyone on the crew and they were super helpful to me.
They jumped in anytime anyone needed help/Assistance and
I didnt feel dumb when asking for help, which I deeply appreciated.
I felt apart of a family and it sucked saying good bye to everone. I enjoyed working front checkout but Cosmetics was my most favorable station!
I remember for the first week or two the only things I ever found challenging at first was the front checkout lotto system and activating parmasave gift cards with the dial up haha but the customers were understanding once I told them I was new in training!
I learned alot, had alot of fun especially at the senior day booths, I got the pleasure to hear alot of good stories from our customers by just having a coffee and being a good ear for them.
Overall I recomend working for pharmasave if your looking for a good job with positive environment, good team good atmosphere, and the discounts are more than awesome haha.
Pros
fun, good coworkers, polite, nice, lots of help, usally things to take home in back, free samples, senior day!, good experience, good training
Cons
I would have really like to have had desposable gloves for bathroom clean up and more recycle bins
Great Local atmosphere for a pharmacy setting
Registered Pharmacy Technician- Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2016
Smaller community pharmacies are a great place to work in, the staff is small so we all get to know each other on a one on one basis which makes coming to work more pleasant as you know everyone other than just their name. Customers in smaller pharmacies get treated better of the fact there is more time to get to know the individuals that come in and there isn't corporate leaders pushing unrealistic quotas and advertisements. Management is always easy to get along with and issues are dealt with promptly.
Pros
Evenings and Weekends off
Cons
Stressful when busy
Conducive and great team
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 July 2016
Pharmasave is a great place to work with exceptionally good management with excellent co-workers. The ability to deliver good services to customers is a fulfillment and achieved goal for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHARMASAVE. Our community is ready to answer.