PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

fun and safe workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB1 September 2017
flexible hours, friendly co-workers and employer, safe and fun work environment, free lunches, new learning experiences, extensive training and gradual exposure to new experiences.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fast paced work atmosphere, less salaries.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
excellent opportunity to learn basics of customer service,
learned a lot about operations of retail stores.
very fast paced work environment.
a good experience.
Pros
abundant learning opportunity
Cons
fast pace of work
It's a great job as far as retail goes, and provides a safe environment to work
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 June 2017
It's a good place to work, the company does its best to provide safety and security. Most people are great to work with and those that are not are let go. Longer you work there, the more the work increases but pay does not. raises are not reflective of what is asked, this is an issue with the company who owns the store, not pharmasave itself. It's also just a general retail issue.
great but theres a catch
customer care servicer and Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 June 2017
The job starts out great with nice people but massive work loads. I was guaranteed full time work but as the years went on new staff was hired, that's when the workplace became toxic to be at. So even though on the outside it seems like a great place to work at.... you can get the short end of the stick and get treated very poorly
Pros
extended benefits
Cons
no respect for employees
Close Knit & Fun Environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB12 June 2017
Pharmasave cares about its employees but does not pay very well or give very good benefits - if any. There are chances and opportunities for advancements provided the work day is slow.
Awful experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia5 May 2017
Worked there for a short time , awful experience, treated like you were nothing , nice co workers , awful boss !! Couldn't get out of there fast enough
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Boss
Best Independent Pharmacy in Canada
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2017
Family environment, nice and professional management,
flexible hours, excellent customer service,.........
best place to work and shop, ..............
Pros
all
Hours
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NS18 April 2017
The management was amazing! very outgoing atmosphere, very much like a family. Hours were great mon-friday and very flexable with appointment times. Enjoyed learning this new job the training was great!
Productive, inviting, and fun work setting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. It brings me joy knowing I am able to help people and make their day a little easier and happier.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The job is very busy so it gets draining after a while.

The management and co-workers I had the pleasure of working with were very nice. Everyone pitched in to make things run smoothly.

I learned good communication skills, problem solving skills, and excellent customer service skills.

A typical day at work involves answering phones, helping customers, bagging prescriptions, and cleaning.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lovely friendly place to be emploied
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON31 March 2017
I was employed with pharmasave for 3 years and it was an amazing place to be when working and when just visiting other employees. Coming into work was always a good experience. On a regular day I would be expected to watch the register, help customers find their needed products, clean the store, fill the pop machine, and redesign various displays in the giftware section. I was always busy and always felt needed. The other employees were always supportive in and out of work and became like family.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Postal Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 March 2017
A typical day at work involved working at the cash register, facing the shelves, and working in overstock. I learned leadership and how to work as a team. Unfortunately, there were no sick days and we were understaffed for evening shifts.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No sick days and understaffed for part-timers
Best company culture I have seen anywhere.
Point of Sale Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 March 2017
Management was excellent. The owner displayed leadership and set an example for the rest of us. The most enjoyable work culture I experienced anywhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction of all employees.
Pros
Employees genuinely liked to be at work.
Cons
Pay could have been higher, but the culture made up for it.
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON15 February 2017
I currently am employed with Pharmasave in Gananoque, and I have never been happier in a job! You as staff are valued and treated fair, and are always treated as part of the team.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Amount of hours available
Very organized pharmacy
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2017
Pharmasave was a great place to work for. Although it was part-time it was a steady job and the team working there was always very helpful.
Hardest part was that it was only 2 hours and right in the middle of the day. The most enjoyable part was driving. I like driving and communicating with different people.
Not a bad place to work. Staff are friendly.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 January 2017
Busy job with pressure. Not enough support staff. Staff are nice and friendly. Hours are not bad. Overall it is good. Good place to get some experience and learn Kroll pharmacy system.
Pros
Occationally pizza daay. Free lunch.
Cons
Not enough help for pharmacist. Presssured job.
Excellent workplace with a fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC2 January 2017
Worked with customers daily while stocking shelves. I learned how to handle situations when things may not go the customers way and dealing with difficult customers. I worked as a cashier for most days and would sometimes cover cosmetics if needed. I got along with all my co workers well. It was always a good time in the break room. Hardest part of my job was standing 8 hours a day on hard floors even with good shoes and always being on till and not getting floor time. I love working with customers and getting to know the regulars to a comfortable level. I could have a comfortable conversation with a lot of the customers. The staff was always an awesome plus because everyone there is always sweet and understanding.
Pros
Always smiles
Cons
Not enough pay
Pharmacy assistant
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC26 December 2016
Had experience as assistant on handling phone calls,dispensing,counting,receiving prescriptions,billing,blister packaging
Decent Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Masset, BC14 December 2016
It was an okay place to work, but stressful at times. Management was difficult to work with. Work environment toxic at times
Comfortable and quiet place to work
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy is large, tidy and with a good stock of products
I work by myself at the pharmacy. Patients come to pick up their medication and to order refills.
Pros
good location
productive and fast paced
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2016
Great team work in a fast-paced environment delivering efficient and great services to customers. I learnt how to be organized and proficient in preparing and maintaining accurate records. Detail-oriented skills is an integral goals.