PHARMASAVE

PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for students or people looking for a laid back work environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great staff and management
Cons: occasional short 4 hour shifts
A typical day at work would include waiting on customers, basic problem solving, ordering/transferring/putting out stock, dusting shelves/products.
I learned how to order/transfer/receive inventory, sell Atlantic Lottery, and how to deal with all types of customers.
Management is great, especially with students. They are good for working around appointments, – more... school related activities such as sports or exams, or if you may need time off.
The hardest part of the job would be pleasing the customers, other than that this job, although it keeps you busy, is fairly easy.
To me the most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment. Everybody gets along and works together to achieve the higher goal. They are very customer satisfaction oriented. – less
Pharmasave
Cashier - serving customers (Current Employee), Gananoque, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: working with others
Cons: occasional negativity
I work either cash or merchandising and I have learnt how to work well with customers. My co workers are nice people. The hardest part of my job is having to make sure you finish your lists that are assigned and help customers, but I make sure it all works out. I enjoy being able to interact with others.
Fun but professional working environment
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 28, 2014
I enjoy working at pharmasave, but I am looking to move forward with my career
Fun but helpful for the future
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 24, 2014
The employees were very nice, and they taught me the basics and worked to the harder steps effectively.
Informative, fun and well balanced.
Supervisor RPO/Assistant to Pharmacist (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 18, 2014
Pros: best staff and customers!! could never ask for a better group of people to work with and for.
Cons: lunch hours were not always followed. breaks sometimes conflicted with demand of work.
Moving up into a management role was the high light of my career there. Although it was for the RPO I took on more challenges for Pharmasave. I was giving tasks that not only encouraged me but allowed me to know where I stood with the company and the owners.
Aside from handling day to day tasks, I was very much apart of the hiring process and training – more... of staff. This for me was, along with managing time/customers, the most enjoyable part of my time there. Getting a feel of how your co-workers work individually, and with a team is important. At the end of the day they are apart of your life, your team. It needs have a complete balance of competence and drive. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE
Cashier (Former Employee), Bouctouche, NBApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexible shecduale/hours
Cons: na
It was a great place to work from variety of being cashier to doing inventory. Working wing friendly helpful co-workers and management.I learned a variety of customer service skills.
Productive, educational environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: medication sold to staff at cost, discounts on in store item, employer willing to work around busy school schedule
Could not post anything negative because there is nothing negative about this company. I am a new employee and have found the environment to be friendly and inviting. The staff is understanding and very patient.
Good workplace, low staff moral with new ownership
Head cashier/ customer service (Current Employee), 100 Mile House, BCFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, running the cash register, stocking shelves, along with anything required to help the store run properly such as : setting sales, doing inventory, problem solving issues with the best needs of the customer at heart. My other responsibilities include handling staff when assistant manager asks, delegation – more... of tasks, receiving inventory, merchandising new items, and cash totals for tills in mornings ( including bank deposits).
I am currently developing my skills in the home health care department. I have completed online training courses and attended seminars.
Management at Pharmasave is good.
My co-workers and I get along well we all have mutual respect for each other.
I can not say there is anything there that I have difficulty with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and being able to address the right products they are looking for to meet their needs. – less
Fast-paced environment with fun thrown in.
cashier/pharmacy tech (Current Employee), Beausejour, MBFebruary 21, 2014
I work as both a cashier and a pharmacy tech, therefore my job stays interesting and varies day to day. I enjoy the interactions with staff and management as we all make the workplace fun to be in. I've learned new skills in the pharmacy in terms of computers. I've also become proficiant at multitasking. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
A productive place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 20, 2014
I worked at the post office, so I had to use a lot of my communication skills and I had a lot of responsibility with many items.
STAFF ARE CARING AND FRIENDLY
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Sydney, NSDecember 22, 2013
Pros: easy to work for
Cons: they don't pay the wages we deserve
RECEIVING AND FILING PRESCRIPTIONS IN PERSON AND OVER THE TELEPHONE.
TAKING CARE TO USE THE PROPER DRUG WHEN FILING PRESCRIPTIONS
GREAT CO-WORKERS
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN PATIENTS YOU HAVE COME TO KNOW PASS AWAY.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HELPED SOMEONE AND THEY APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE AND CARING
Fun Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great hours.
Cons: low pay
When working at Pharmasave I became very known with Canada Post and different methods of mailing and money orders. I am a certified lottery retailer, and very good with helping customers out with our cosmetic products. I enjoyed working in the post office, working with a lot of regular customers who did mailing on a day-to-day basis.
flesxable hours
Cosmetics Manager (Current Employee), 100 mile houseDecember 9, 2013
nice place to work! Flexible hours but the pay isn't great! The staff is fun but it turns over quickly!
fun place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: mall hours
it was a fun starting in retail in a city job for myself. broke mw outta my shell
best job experince ever
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 8, 2013
great managemnt, very accomadating of my school schedule, learned alot about being in a working enviroment, best employer ive ever had
Never a dull moment
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: low pay
A typical day entailed filling prescriptions and helping customers
Do not value people - enable a culture of gossip and backstabbing
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Ganges, BCJuly 2, 2013
The management does not do a very good job of hiding the fact that they hire as many people as possible for their probationary period and then lets them go so that overall benefit costs do not increase. Also there seems to be a handful of nosy, snooty, self-important, unqualified, non-management personnel who have WAYYY too much say in what they think – more... should be going on in the stores. And they know who they are. Stay away from both stores. – less
Good team to teach and prepare
Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee), edmontonJune 26, 2013
I like the friendly work environment in pharmasave, I learned a lot about compounding, blisters filling, Kroll system, netcare.
Great community involved pharmacy
Cosmetic Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 1, 2013
Pros: great store hours
I have truly enjoyed working here, the other staff are curtouse and the atmosphere is very friendly.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician/ Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 18, 2013
Great enviornment. People in the community were extremely nice a became family like.