PHARMASAVE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, NSJuly 11, 2015
Pros: The Customers
Cons: Not working there
It was a great place to work. Waiting on customers, stocking shelves, cleaning the store to make it appealing for customers to shop (Who wants to buy something with dust on it?) The management was fair and great to help out with scheduling around family events(Doctor appointments and spouses work hours) I miss my co-workers and customers the most that is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Productive, enjoyable
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2015
I have Learn Kroll which I really needs it
co workers are so helpful
I loved to work with kroll
team work is the most enjoyable part of the job
management is very good
Pharmasave Banner Pharmacy
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 2, 2015
Independently owned - has it's pluses and minuses. Overall, the best job I have ever had.
Typical pharmacy, excellent experience. Especially in compounding and leadership skill development.
Amazing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 12, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
I loved everything about this job, co-workers were absolutely amazing and so were the customers. There is not one thing I could say about James Bay Pharmasave.
Outdated Retail Tequniques
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great Owner
Cons: Methedone Clinic
A very small and heard headed staff. This Pharmasave caters to Methedone patients as well as sells lottery so it is sometimes more hectic than a Pub. If you can handle the environment then I suggest tackling it, but it's not a very good paying job and there is zero advancement opportunities. Suits someone a little older. Most likely a Male.
Learned a lot and became expert in solving issues and in taking professional judgement
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: everything i liked
Cons: no cons
This was my first place to work where I could feel, what does it take and mean to be a pharmacist.
Was amazing.
Learned a lot. Staff was amazing and pharmacy was busy.
My preceptor had very long experience and was really nice working and trained under him.
Became expert.
Productive and fun work place with a lot of ways to gain experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2015
I worked behind the cash register and dealt with money. Greeted customers with a smile always. I was also did stocking of products on shelves
I Enjoyed the people and customers I worked with.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Victoria, B.C.February 17, 2015
Pros: at christmas for the week prior they would bring in lunch for us.
I would start my day by checking my float for my shift, count the lotto. If I happened to be in the Post-office I would count the float, make sure the Express and Priority Mail envelopes were out to be seen and get stamps out.
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, they were great people to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customers daily.
fun and balanced
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: employee's have 5% discount
I am currently working as PT asst with Pharmasave, and been with them for almost 3 months. So far I enjoy my job and always look forward to my next shift. I find learning fun and exciting
Pharmasave
Cashier (Former Employee), SydneyJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: pay roll
While employed at Pharmasave as a cashier I was responsible for submitting bill payments, calling other Pharmasave stores to check on items for costumers, setting up lottery tickets, keeping my register and other areas of the store tidy, doing out-dates on merchandise that was about too expire and re-stocking the selves with fresh merchandise. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a cashier but I am also open to trying new positions and departments.
productive and learning work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 26, 2014
I liked working at pharmasave. It was very busy pharmacy everyday. A typical started with filing rest of the prescription from previous day, filling prescription orders, collecting patients information about filling prescription. at the end of shift balancing the cash register.
I learnt alot from that work environment as it was very busy pharmacy. Management and co-workers were very co-operative.The most enjoyable part of the job was filling prescription and the hardest part was filing very old prescprtion from previous years.
Has been enjoyable.
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), 100 Mile House,BCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: the experience has been great.
Cons: the lack of hours and pay is hard for a single working person.
I currently am working 4 days a week @ $10.25hr with the increase of living .I am finding it harder every month to to keep up with my bills. I really enjoy working with everyone,but am hoping to relocate in Williams Lake .Pharmasave has been a Great experience but it is not the Career I wish to maintain.
nice
Cashier/Customer Service , BCLC lottery operator (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: long hours when slow
great when busy
learned the bclc lottery
co workers are great
no hard part to job
most enjoyable is the cashier part and lottery
Great place for students or people looking for a laid back work environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great staff and management
Cons: occasional short 4 hour shifts
A typical day at work would include waiting on customers, basic problem solving, ordering/transferring/putting out stock, dusting shelves/products.
I learned how to order/transfer/receive inventory, sell Atlantic Lottery, and how to deal with all types of customers.
Management is great, especially with students. They are good for working around appointments, school related activities such as sports or exams, or if you may need time off.
The hardest part of the job would be pleasing the customers, other than that this job, although it keeps you busy, is fairly easy.
To me the most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment. Everybody gets along and works together to achieve the higher goal. They are very customer satisfaction oriented.
Pharmasave
Cashier - serving customers (Current Employee), Gananoque, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: working with others
Cons: occasional negativity
I work either cash or merchandising and I have learnt how to work well with customers. My co workers are nice people. The hardest part of my job is having to make sure you finish your lists that are assigned and help customers, but I make sure it all works out. I enjoy being able to interact with others.
Fun but professional working environment
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 28, 2014
I enjoy working at pharmasave, but I am looking to move forward with my career
Fun but helpful for the future
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 24, 2014
The employees were very nice, and they taught me the basics and worked to the harder steps effectively.
Informative, fun and well balanced.
Supervisor RPO/Assistant to Pharmacist (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 18, 2014
Pros: best staff and customers!! could never ask for a better group of people to work with and for.
Cons: lunch hours were not always followed. breaks sometimes conflicted with demand of work.
Moving up into a management role was the high light of my career there. Although it was for the RPO I took on more challenges for Pharmasave. I was giving tasks that not only encouraged me but allowed me to know where I stood with the company and the owners.
Aside from handling day to day tasks, I was very much apart of the hiring process and training of staff. This for me was, along with managing time/customers, the most enjoyable part of my time there. Getting a feel of how your co-workers work individually, and with a team is important. At the end of the day they are apart of your life, your team. It needs have a complete balance of competence and drive.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE
Cashier (Former Employee), Bouctouche, NBApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexible shecduale/hours
Cons: na
It was a great place to work from variety of being cashier to doing inventory. Working wing friendly helpful co-workers and management.I learned a variety of customer service skills.
Productive, educational environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: medication sold to staff at cost, discounts on in store item, employer willing to work around busy school schedule
Could not post anything negative because there is nothing negative about this company. I am a new employee and have found the environment to be friendly and inviting. The staff is understanding and very patient.