Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day
Technical assistant in Pharmacy (Current Employee), Montreal, qcMarch 11, 2014
Pros: working in a team
Coming in to work at 8:30. Must prepare all deliveries for the morning so the patients receive their dispills on time. Answering the phone for new orders to be sent out and preparing them. Greeting old customers asking for prescription refills and greeting new customers wanting to fill in a new prescription. I've learned to work quickly, effectively and to work well under pressure. You have to sort out priorities. Its important to serve the customers well without making a mistake with their prescription to gain the pharmacist "trust" or making him/she more comfortable working with you. The hardest part of the job is probably just the standing, but it really isn't that difficult. You need to be able to work well in a team since you are assisting the pharmacist. And at the end of the day, if you were able to hand out all the prescription without any obstacles it makes your day seem very accomplished. It's not a hard job but you need to find your own pace to make it work.
easy and fun place to work, meeting new people
Offer an excellent customer service (Former Employee), Aylmer, QCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: learning different things
Cons: wrong positions, often on cash
the pharmaprix I was at were doing about 150-200 prescriptions a day.
was never too busy, sometimes boring since I had done everything so quickly.
butable to do a lot of things as a pharmacy assistant such as the enventory, expiry dates on medications, able to get information on the transfers instead of always sending it to pharmacist to get all informations, e.t.c .

people are understanding, they help you if needed, go through things if not understood properly.

also learned a lot from where we would order the medicartions, when it would come in, how to check things on their systems..
Shoppers
Caissière (Current Employee), Québec, QCNovember 27, 2013
My days are pretty much the same but it's always busy so I don't have the time to be bord. I learned a lot of things from this compagny and I still learn stuff even if i've been working there for almost two years. My manager is awsome and he's always there if we need anything. My co-workers are nice too and we're always helping each other. The hardest part of my job is probably the fast that sometimes I get tired because I work till 10:00 pm and when I have school during the week it's late. What I like the most about my job it's definetly my team because they're awsome and we are able to be good friends but make a good job at the same time.
Nice part time job
Commis au comptoir postal (Current Employee), Longueuil, QCJune 21, 2015
Pros: not much supervision
Cons: unqualified employees
I didn't learn much, but it was, overall, a pleasant experience.

A typical day at work was getting there, opening the computer system, placing all the futile toys/cards/stamps/books that the supervisor was trying to sell for many years but in vain. Serve clients, get complaints about the inefficient mailmen, serve clients again. Do clerk job because theres not enough clerks in the store. Close the store and store all the futile stuff mentioned earlier.
Working at Pharmaprix
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: satisfaction after a good day at work.
Cons: salary doesn't match up to hard work.
Working at Pharmaprix is a pleasure. The team is friendly, respectful, and always work together as a team. I enjoy going to work every day knowing that when my clients leave, they have a better day. However sometimes with the policies, there is not much I can do, and knowing that the client isn’t satisfied does not give me the greatest feeling. Therefore, I've learn to always smile and do my best no matter how much control I have over a situation.
Best part-time job while studying
Senior store clerk (Former Employee), Saint-leonard, QCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: very close to home
Cons: not much advancement
I believe that working in a restaurant or a clothing or shoe store must be so hard with the pressure of the sales and the clients. Working in a pharmacy was very different and enjoyable. We were a young group of students working our way through our studies in order to earn money for trips and personal expenses. We had fun and we learned a lot about marketing, purchases, stock availability in a store and dealing with customers.
Great Team
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2012
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: a lot of stress
The best part of working at Pharmaprix has been the team work. I had a customer come into the store and he mentioend he worked around the corner, I smiled and joked about the kind of customers I'd served that day, he laughed along with me and said that he got them too, but it was getting too much for him.

My answer to him was that at Pharmaprix we dealt with crazy as a team and not as individuals it makes the days go by easier.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: late hours
At Pharmaprix, I was working during school, I was a cashier but most of the time I would be responsible for the photo lab since I enjoyed doing it and knowing how the printer and computer works. Some of the employees did not like the photo lab therefore I started to work in the photo lab on the weekends. I would sometimes refill the inventory when there was no clients, and at the end of the shift I would have to count my cash with the manager and make sure it balanced.
LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING AT A NEW FRANCHISE TO HELP BUILD THE PRESCRIPTIONS.
PART TIME PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: health plan, job security, and a professional place to work.
Cons: parking (very difficult area to find parking)
WORKPLACE VERY PLEASANT AND EXTREMELY WELL ORGANIZED AND PROFESSIONAL..ALWAYS ARRIVE EARLY,AT MY POST AT LEAST 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO MY SCHEDULE.EXCELLENT RELATIONS WITH MY CO-WORKERS. NOTHING DIFFICULT ABOUT THE JOB. MOST ENJOYABLE PART ARE THE STAFF AND CUSTOMERS. I AM A PEOPLE PERSON.
Staff dependent.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 23, 2013
Pros: ability to advance quickly.
Cons: low salary, limit to where you can advance.
* Daily duties: Directing staff members, merchandise ordering, inventory control, resolving customer demands.
* What I Learned: How to manage stress, deadlines and teams
* Management:Open to dialogue and understanding
* Co-Workers: Fun and relatable.
* Hardest: Dealing with theft/fraud.
* Most Enjoyable: Reviewing budgets, sales and various other business data.
Productive and interactive work place.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Short Hours
Pharmaprix is a interactive work environment. Co-workers and management are all very dependable, tasks are normally split in within the team judging by the employees skills. The hardest part of the job is communication, with a lot of employees miscommunication can easily occur. The most enjoyable part is pleasing the customers and getting the work done adequately.
Interesting place to work
cashier for the lab (Current Employee), Greenfield ParkNovember 23, 2014
Pros: working with a great team.
Cons: clients sometimes get angry and frustrated while waiting or paying for their medications.
I work as a cashier in the lab but I also search for and give Rx's to clients. I refer them to the pharmacist for councelling. I file all the Rx's and prepare all the Rx's to be delivered the next day. I have to keep work area clean. I work with the technicians and the pharmacists.
great first job to learn responsibility and business basics
clerk\cashier\photo lab (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 21, 2015
I started as a clerk stocking shelves and receiving shipments. I then went on to cashier learning the register and spending more time with customers. I finished my time as a photo lab technician which gave me a chance to learn some new developing negatives and helping customers with photo touch terminals.
Very respectful management.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 21, 2013
Pros: lot of respect between the employes.
Cons: low salary.
Being a supervisor for this big Canadian company was an honour for me. I had a lot of responsibilities on my shoulders and I was able to manage all my work time to complete my tasks. I was very respectful to my employes and I was treated back the same way.
looovved it
Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: all
Cons: none
only left because i moved, the job has nice, the people were nice, management were very respectful and helping, this place was awesome to work at. they cared for their employees and you felt it, i really appreciated working there.
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Long lunches
Cons: Long hours, can't have a specific days off
Where I used to work management was bad and they don't know how to balance work and life, it's hard for me to even take a time off because they were always short staffed....
It's okay
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: They buy pizza for us once in a while
Cons: Sometimes bad coworkers depending on your shift
I've worked there for 3 years and the only problems are mostly the customers and some of the coworkers can be rude sometimes.
good working environment
supervisor promoted to assistant manager in 2012 (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJune 26, 2015
Pros: amazing crew
Cons: low pay, stressful
I have learned how to deal with difficult people. at this store employees are family. job is stressful, but keeps you on your toes.
Productive and great atmosphere
Commis de Plancher (Current Employee), montreal, quebecApril 23, 2015
Pros: close to home, great job while in school, flexible with schedule
-placing stock
-using inventory systems
-facing and rotation of stock
-great management and co-workers
-the most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and vibe from my co-workers
b
Commis a la reception (Former Employee), Longueuil, QCDecember 9, 2015
its a nice a job, it just dont pay enough. The people are good, the atmosphere is very calm. They have very assurance. This is a great place to be if you try to fix your life.